bcaa questions

marcink99

marcink99

Awards
Questions.

Can bcaa boost your appetite? Ever since I started taking bcaa my appetite got bigger...

I use this LINK bcaa and so far I think it works great. Could someone please look at the link and tell me if iam understaning it right even thought one scoop is 10gm iam only geting less than 3gm of bcaa so considering the fact Iam 167 10-11%bf I should consume 3 scoops prior workout resulting in arroung 10gm of bcaa?

Do bcaa have any effect during the workout? I feel stronger and seem to be recovering quicker from the sets. (Could it be my mind playing tricks on me? )

Also not bcaa related question if I took creatine serveral times and never gained any waight during loading phase. Would this be an indication of creatine not working for me?(monohydrate)

Thank you in advance for taking time too look into this.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
To address your first question, it's very possible BCAAs are making you hungry. Leucine in particular, as well as EAAs/BCAAs increases protein synthesis, so if your breaking your muscles down to the point where they need to be fed MORE than they're getting, you will surely get hungry.

That product you linked me to, says 3g of Carbohydrates, 2.5g of glutamine, and about 2g of BCAAs.

Second question: Creatine mono won't make you gain weight, and if it does it may be simple water weight that will pass in a day or two.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
BCAAs might possibly impact insulin, and if you're fasted they will be poorly converted to glucose and be used as an energy source. When insulin drops it may leave you feeling hungry or lethargic.

While lifting BCAAs may improve time to fatigue through varying mechanisms and the spike in mps and improvement in glucose replenishment might improve recovery or reduce the feeling of DOMS.

Creatine should cause you retain more intracellular water within your muscles, it will not cause water be stored subcutaneously. It takes on average a month for creatine to full saturate. If you dosed 5g per day for a month and noticed little change in strength and/or weight then that is indication you likely have naturally higher levels of creatine phosphate stores.

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
BCAAs might possibly impact insulin, and if you're fasted they will be poorly converted to glucose and be used as an energy source. When insulin drops it may leave you feeling hungry or lethargic.

While lifting BCAAs may improve time to fatigue through varying mechanisms and the spike in mps and improvement in glucose replenishment might improve recovery or reduce the feeling of DOMS.

Creatine should cause you retain more intracellular water within your muscles, it will not cause water be stored subcutaneously. It takes on average a month for creatine to full saturate. If you dosed 5g per day for a month and noticed little change in strength and/or weight then that is indication you likely have naturally higher levels of creatine phosphate stores.
So is it not a good idea to take bcaa and creatine preworkout in a fasted state?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To address your first question, it's very possible BCAAs are making you hungry. Leucine in particular, as well as EAAs/BCAAs increases protein synthesis, so if your breaking your muscles down to the point where they need to be fed MORE than they're getting, you will surely get hungry.

That product you linked me to, says 3g of Carbohydrates, 2.5g of glutamine, and about 2g of BCAAs.

Second question: Creatine mono won't make you gain weight, and if it does it may be simple water weight that will pass in a day or two.
Agreed with this 100%.

Mike

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
So is it not a good idea to take bcaa and creatine preworkout in a fasted state?
It would be a bit before you felt the drop, it's fine to do and I do it all the time. I think BCAAs can definitely be used to a lifters advantage despite what some bro's will tell you. Whey will certainly spike MPS and assist recovery just as good, and in the latter case better than BCAAs, but they're(BCAAs) convenient, cost-effective and sit much easier in the gut lol.

You don't need to add them to your protein shakes, or to a meal, but in those 6 hour periods where you may not get in anything feel free to put some down and spike dat der MPS. Unless of course you're doing IF then just follow that protocol :D

0071982WC

0071982WC

Awards
It would be a bit before you felt the drop, it's fine to do and I do it all the time. I think BCAAs can definitely be used to a lifters advantage despite what some bro's will tell you. Whey will certainly spike MPS and assist recovery just as good, and in the latter case better than BCAAs, but they're(BCAAs) convenient, cost-effective and sit much easier in the gut lol.

You don't need to add them to your protein shakes, or to a meal, but in those 6 hour periods where you may not get in anything feel free to put some down and spike dat der MPS. Unless of course you're doing IF then just follow that protocol :D
Good feedback bro!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

How in the world can one go 6 hours without food!!! I struggle to take my aminos inbetween meals because I eat 6 meals a day!

Mike

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
How in the world can one go 6 hours without food!!! I struggle to take my aminos inbetween meals because I eat 6 meals a day!

Mike
I actually found it really hard myself getting used to an IF diet but after a few weeks or so of edging into it I'm bass ackwards now. I find myself not hungry for like the first 8 hours of the day but force feed myself anyways to get them calories in. :D

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I actually found it really hard myself getting used to an IF diet but after a few weeks or so of edging into it I'm bass ackwards now. I find myself not hungry for like the first 8 hours of the day but force feed myself anyways to get them calories in. :D
Damn your nuts! Maybe one day I will get around to trying it haha.

Mike

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Damn your nuts! Maybe one day I will get around to trying it haha.

Mike
Its definitely helpful when trying to cut down though, even made some strength gains still on the IF diet. I would recommend it really only for that, otherwise I can barely get calories in eating most of the day if I'm sticking to the right foods. :eek:

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Questions.

Can bcaa boost your appetite? Ever since I started taking bcaa my appetite got bigger...

I use this LINK bcaa and so far I think it works great. Could someone please look at the link and tell me if iam understaning it right even thought one scoop is 10gm iam only geting less than 3gm of bcaa so considering the fact Iam 167 10-11%bf I should consume 3 scoops prior workout resulting in arroung 10gm of bcaa?

Do bcaa have any effect during the workout? I feel stronger and seem to be recovering quicker from the sets. (Could it be my mind playing tricks on me? )

Also not bcaa related question if I took creatine serveral times and never gained any waight during loading phase. Would this be an indication of creatine not working for me?(monohydrate)

Thank you in advance for taking time too look into this.
BCAA's (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine), aren't generally known to boost appetite per se. They are however, one of the most solid investments you can make, supplement wise. BCAA's go to work much faster than whole proteins, including "fast" proteins such as whey. As such, they're excellent to consume during your weight/cardio sessions in an effort to prevent the body to stop "robbing" your muscle tissue of amino acids, to fuel energy demands.

BCAA's are also the carbon skeleton of Glutamine, and are an excellent hedge against muscle loss if one a lower calorie diet - especially if you're fasting. I have many clients utilize these during Ramadan or other times. Ectomorphs are particularly susceptible to muscle loss on these types of diets. The body will utilize the BCAA's in circulation vs. tearing down your muscle.

Finally, BCAA's stimulate protein synthesis - likely due to the Leucine inherent therein. A TERRIFIC strategy if dieting is to dose 3g of GABA pre-workout on an empty stomach (research proven to release 480% more Growth Hormone - see link), then slam 10g of BCAA 20-30 minutes later.

Important to separate the dose of each, given large neutral amino acids will compete to cross the blood/brain barrier. In this scenario, BCAA's will compete (and win) with GABA, washing out it's GH boosting effects. That GH release btw, is BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE, according to the study on such. Here it is...

http://www.ergo-log.com/gabagh.html

GABA will lead to GH and other growth factors being released. These are the workers if you will, the muscle building workers. These guys need bricks though, to lay down that new muscle with. The BCAA's are the bricks... :). Simple, economical and effective. You'll recover faster, be able to lift more total tonnage per unit of time and greatly mitigate DOMS. You can repeat this dosing scheme every 2 hours throughout the day if you're fasting, or even in between meals provided a long enough time has passed. Finally, don't forget GABA and/or BCAA's prior to bed. Fantastic way to "feed" the body to prevent (or even build) muscle, without all the calories.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm, the gaba part seems interesting. Very cheap investment, may be worth a try.

Mike

BCAA's (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine), aren't generally known to boost appetite per se. They are however, one of the most solid investments you can make, supplement wise. BCAA's go to work much faster than whole proteins, including "fast" proteins such as whey. As such, they're excellent to consume during your weight/cardio sessions in an effort to prevent the body to stop "robbing" your muscle tissue of amino acids, to fuel energy demands.

BCAA's are also the carbon skeleton of Glutamine, and are an excellent hedge against muscle loss if one a lower calorie diet - especially if you're fasting. I have many clients utilize these during Ramadan or other times. Ectomorphs are particularly susceptible to muscle loss on these types of diets. The body will utilize the BCAA's in circulation vs. tearing down your muscle.

Finally, BCAA's stimulate protein synthesis - likely due to the Leucine inherent therein. A TERRIFIC strategy if dieting is to dose 3g of GABA pre-workout on an empty stomach (research proven to release 480% more Growth Hormone - see link), then slam 10g of BCAA 20-30 minutes later.

Important to separate the dose of each, given large neutral amino acids will compete to cross the blood/brain barrier. In this scenario, BCAA's will compete (and win) with GABA, washing out it's GH boosting effects. That GH release btw, is BIOLOGICALLY ACTIVE, according to the study on such. Here it is...

GABA will lead to GH and other growth factors being released. These are the workers if you will, the muscle building workers. These guys need bricks though, to lay down that new muscle with. The BCAA's are the bricks... :). Simple, economical and effective. You'll recover faster, be able to lift more total tonnage per unit of time and greatly mitigate DOMS. You can repeat this dosing scheme every 2 hours throughout the day if you're fasting, or even in between meals provided a long enough time has passed. Finally, don't forget GABA and/or BCAA's prior to bed. Fantastic way to "feed" the body to prevent (or even build) muscle, without all the calories.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established

As cool as that is I feel that new users of GABA should start around 1-2G and work up. Its initial impacts might be alarming if they don't read up on it first. A strong shortness of breath might show as well as relaxed sensation.

Also, iirc oral gaba is not able to effectively cross the BBB. phenyl-GABA(phenibut) does however

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As cool as that is I feel that new users of GABA should start around 1-2G and work up. Its initial impacts might be alarming if they don't read up on it first. A strong shortness of breath might show as well as relaxed sensation.

Also, iirc oral gaba is not able to effectively cross the BBB. phenyl-GABA(phenibut) does however
Your point about starting slow with GABA, is well taken. It does impart a mild, flushing effect not unlike niacin that to some can be worrisome. Agree on phenibut crossing the blood brain barrier easier, albeit without the demonstrated GH releasing effect. If there is research showing that (I looked/asked PA), I'm unaware of any. Would be a nice benefit, if it were so...