best supplements for anxiety?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Sensoril, Primavie and Schizandrins are current favs used alone or together.
    doing my own thang!

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.11%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by bill86 View Post
    same here..... i weaned down to 5mg celexa (1/4 of a 20 mg pill), and got off for a couple days... anxiety came on hard last night and i had to break down and take another 1/4 pill, and i plan on taking another tonight. i think its a mental thing. coming off 5mg shouldnt be THAT hard (especially after being at 40mg at one point a few years ago, and weaning down from 20mg in the past few months). i too am a little nervous about interactions.

if i had time, i think behavioral therapy would be best overall for learning to manage anxiety while coming off meds. but i dont have the time or money for that right now. and in all honesty, im pretty happy sitting at 5mg daily when, like i said, i was at 40 at one point. plus, i used to take 20mg lexapro, and celexa metabolizes differently, so 5mg celexa = 2.5mg lexapro.... i guess i should look on the bright side haha
    Hi, if you're interested you might look into mindfulness based cognitive therapy. It's based on Theraveda Buddhist mindfulness meditation. I've been doing the Theraveda practice for a few years and I can honestly say that it works like nothing else. I haven't been exposed to the mindfulness based cognitive therapy stream, but my teacher has talked about it a lot, he says it's solid and very useful.
  3. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'2"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    83.36%

never heard of it, but ill definitely check it out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by compudog View Post
    Hi, if you're interested you might look into mindfulness based cognitive therapy. It's based on Theraveda Buddhist mindfulness meditation. I've been doing the Theraveda practice for a few years and I can honestly say that it works like nothing else. I haven't been exposed to the mindfulness based cognitive therapy stream, but my teacher has talked about it a lot, he says it's solid and very useful.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by compudog View Post
    I've heard of this being very effective, but never actually looked into it to see what it was all about.

Mike

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anxiety and Depression Supplements
    By chainsaw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 02:59 PM
  2. Anxiety Help Reduce Anxiety With The Help Of Valerian
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 12:58 PM
  3. Best supplements for anxiety
    By machine528 in forum Supplements