Couple of Protein questions

desaille

Awards
Just want to say thanks to all on the board. Been reading and researching, lots of good info here.

First question
Musclepharm Combat
When I take it at night before bed. I wake up the next morning refreshed and ready to go, BAM! Good to go. I've used several other proteins (local vitamin shoppe thanks me for being a VIP customer), and so far this is the only one where I'm ready to go.
Believe me, I like the protein and am sticking with it. I'm just trying to find out what might make it go for me that the other companies dont. Or if anyone else has similar experiences.

Second question
Post Workout Shake
1 - part iso
1 - part weight gainer (essentially carbs)
Is this primarily for bulking? Is it necessary (ie eat food {carbs})
I dont really see this combo posted much

tia

stats
5'10"

trying to do it all, yeah I know, you cant

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i dont know what would make you get up and go in the morning from having a protein shake the night before. maybe your body is recovering better...idk

I take 100% whey protein or syntha 6. The only weight gainer i will use is ISO MASS. i hardly even take that. I make my own weight gainer from real foods.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just want to say thanks to all on the board. Been reading and researching, lots of good info here.

First question
Musclepharm Combat
When I take it at night before bed. I wake up the next morning refreshed and ready to go, BAM! Good to go. I've used several other proteins (local vitamin shoppe thanks me for being a VIP customer), and so far this is the only one where I'm ready to go.
Believe me, I like the protein and am sticking with it. I'm just trying to find out what might make it go for me that the other companies dont. Or if anyone else has similar experiences.

Second question
Post Workout Shake
1 - part iso
1 - part weight gainer (essentially carbs)
Is this primarily for bulking? Is it necessary (ie eat food {carbs})
I dont really see this combo posted much

tia

stats
5'10"

trying to do it all, yeah I know, you cant
Well, there might be some truth to you having more energy because you kept your body in a fed state through the night, but even the guys that do intermittent fasting have plenty of energy. Saying that other proteins didn't have this effect simply leads me to believe it's a placebo effect. But in the end it doesn't matter, use the shake if you feel better in the morning.

As far as your post workout nutrition, simply eat a meal. If you want a shake post workout, go for it. Your goal by the end of the day is to hit your caloric mark, and your total protein mark. If a shake post workout helps you hit 180g of protein (for example) then ya go for it. But if you already get plenty of protein, simply eat a meal. Don't concern yourself with digestive rates and carbs to spike insulin and that nonsense. Our bodies stay anabolic for over 24 hours post workout. We have plenty of time to get those nutrients in.