L-Theanine

satsumas

Awards
Does anyone know anything about how l-theanine effects testosterone or mood or stimulant tolerance?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
I know that 100-200mg is helpful in relaxing you pre-bed. Not sure about t levels or anything else though.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It puts me in a good mood. I like the stuff.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I got it hoping to help my mood, no such feeling

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Its okay to help with sleep too. It's worth a try. Maybe in a blend/stack.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I got it hoping to help my mood, no such feeling
Really tnubs. Have you tried SAMe? It helps me with mood as well.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
for a daily mood lift,I like picamilon better... I do however love Theanine in the evening to come down from stims/other nootropics..I have taken theanine with caff and other stims due to studys showing increased cog function,however picamilon is much better to me during day/afternoon,etc when I still need to be awake.

it is good for mood and blood pressure as well.

HYBRID

HYBRID

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
for a daily mood lift,I like picamilon better... I do however love Theanine in the evening to come down from stims/other nootropics..I have taken theanine with caff and other stims due to studys showing increased cog function,however picamilon is much better to me during day/afternoon,etc when I still need to be awake.

it is good for mood and blood pressure as well.
I use it to help me relax. Especially before a big meeting or presentation. 3-400 mg seems to do the trick.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I use it to help me relax. Especially before a big meeting or presentation. 3-400 mg seems to do the trick.

indeed,usually around where I dose it.

I would say my most common is around 500mg,however i have gone as high as 1,000mg.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Really tnubs. Have you tried SAMe? It helps me with mood as well.
yea ive tried it. i found it on discount on kroger one day and ran 200mg x 2/day for 2 weeks and noticed nothing. used trimethyl glycine ~3g/day directly after for a while and noticed nothing. literally nothing works on me. piracetam is useless for me too, vinpocetin, lucidrol, so much random stuff ive tried for mood, im immune. phenibut is amazing tho. nutraplanet brand, not SNS(pure headaches and sh1t feeling over 4 caps)

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I know that 100-200mg is helpful in relaxing you pre-bed. Not sure about t levels or anything else though.
That's not necessarily true. L-theanine increases alpha brain waves that are associated with alertness. For some people it can keep them up at night. Theanine also effects dopamine levels which can increase alertness as well. There's a level that each individual can take to find out what gives them the alertness effects from theanine or the calming effects. I have found that the higher the dosage the more alertness.

I have not found theanine to take much a edge off stimulants, more so increase focus with the combination of them.

Testosterone, don't know of any data on that.

Mood- well it can be calming or stimulating at high dosages. Not jittery just can't fall asleep awake.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agreed, but 400-500mg for me..

Mike