Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Agreed^^ use the karbolin post workout with some protein or bcaas

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
Take jacked at least an hour after food too.
Food can blunt some of the effects

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
No matter what you mixed Jack3d with, it will never be "good" :biglaugh:

djatcss05

Awards
Jack3d has only ever given me energy.. I don't ever get good pumps with it. I like controlled labs white flood. Seems to work best for me.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FWIW, "pre-workout" is a pretty diverse/wide category. One could look for pumps, endurance, energy, focus, or any combination. I always enjoyed Jack3d. I like N2KTS a bit more, now (as the 2 are incredibly similar in their ingredient profile), and of course I like a number of other pre-workout products, too. I don't know that I'll be going back to stims or anything with 1,3 dimeth again, though.

To reiterate the answers to the OP's question, though, take the Karbolyn post, as others have suggested.

CDMMA

CDMMA

Awards
Are you talking about taste or effects
I was referring to it as a whole, the profile, effectiveness, etc.

It was really a joke, since if you take it literally you turn it into quite a solid pre.

icon0561

icon0561

Awards
Take Jack3d if you want to feel cracked out. Not good for pumps but will make you almost "need" to work out.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my body does not respond to jack3d at all. ive even tried 4 scoops before and nothing. i got more energy from eating a cookie lol

gwulbrecht72

Awards
If you're looking to add more creatine to the mix, sure why not? Jack3d alone is a great product (in my case anyway), but only contains a small amount of creatine, so if that's what you're after, it should be an ok mix, just make sure you drink a lot of water

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Jack3d has only ever given me energy.. I don't ever get good pumps with it. I like controlled labs white flood. Seems to work best for me.
Thanks. I prefer WF as well. I used a bottle of jack3d. It was high stimulant content, too high for my liking (heart palps never fun when lifting...)

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
my body does not respond to jack3d at all. ive even tried 4 scoops before and nothing. i got more energy from eating a cookie lol
Never tried jacked, but have tried various other 1,3-containing products with no success. I get no stimulation from it, but unfortunately I do get the crash weirdly.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Never tried jacked, but have tried various other 1,3-containing products with no success. I get no stimulation from it, but unfortunately I do get the crash weirdly.
I get an effect, but nothing like I should IMO. Then again, ephedrine puts me to sleep as well. Caffeine wires me. Whenever I take excederin which has 120mg of caffeine for a headache, im wired non-stop.

Mike

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you want a strong stim, Meso would be good to try. I know if you ask APSFAN, he will send you samples. Other stims i like are Launch and SuperPump.

Something you could do is take Lit Up with 2 caps of RPM. perfect blend IMO.

josephd79

Awards
I don't know if Jack3d started it originally, but the whole small container concentrated preworkout (Jack3d, VPX Anarchy, Six Star Nutrition Ignition, 1MR) all seem like the same stack of ingredients. They work to 'get you going' but a Monster or 5-hour energy will do that. Personally, the other PWOs that focus on pump (AAKG), Muscular needs (BCAAs, Glutamine) and a moderate level of stim (Caffeine) cover a broader spectrum.

Anyone ever see that Gatorade commercial for the G Series, where the first product the athlete is taking is like a squeeze gel pack. The announcer says something like "Fuel for your game, not your nerves". I totally think that's a knock against the stimulant laden ones like Jacke3d.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
same stuff happens to me when i tried jack3d. i get better energy from taking a 2 hour nap before the gym then taking 4 scoops of jack3d lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't know if Jack3d started it originally, but the whole small container concentrated preworkout (Jack3d, VPX Anarchy, Six Star Nutrition Ignition, 1MR) all seem like the same stack of ingredients. They work to 'get you going' but a Monster or 5-hour energy will do that. Personally, the other PWOs that focus on pump (AAKG), Muscular needs (BCAAs, Glutamine) and a moderate level of stim (Caffeine) cover a broader spectrum.

Anyone ever see that Gatorade commercial for the G Series, where the first product the athlete is taking is like a squeeze gel pack. The announcer says something like "Fuel for your game, not your nerves". I totally think that's a knock against the stimulant laden ones like Jacke3d.
good point. but i like the idea of a smaller tub, smaller scoop. assault has so much powder that when i drink even half of a serving, it makes my stomach sick. what happened to good ol (original) NO shotgun. or even the original mesomorph

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was playing pickup basketball and one of the guys had one of the Gatorade Prime packs beforehand. I asked if I could see it, because I was curious what their ingredient profile was for this "pre-game" concoction...

01 Prime contains a concentrated blend of carbohydrates, B vitamins and electrolytes, delivery energy and helping to sustain your body's ability to burn additional carbohydrates when taken 15 minutes before competition. However you prepare, 01 Prime helps your preparation pay off.

Electrolytes: 110 milligrams of sodium and 35 milligrams of potassium per 8-oz. serving to help maintain hydration so you can make a statement early.

B Vitamins: Good source (10% Daily Value) of B vitamins - Niacin (B3), Pantothenic Acid (B5) and Pyridoxine (B6) - that aid in energy metabolism as part of a daily diet.

Carbohydrates: Kick-start muscles with 25 grams of carbohydrates to start strong without caffeine.
And I can't find a stupid label anywhere here (of course Gatorade's website is useless in all of this), but I'm pretty sure maltodextrin was listed in there, as well.

Is it terrible? I guess not. But it sure isn't anything I'd personally market or look at as a "pre-event" drink/product.

It's not all that different from traditional Gatorade but for a higher price tag.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
how bout u try somethin new that no one logged or reviewed yet. havent seen much on anabolic ignite and would luv to see a log. creatine nitrate is the ish son

allnatural923

allnatural923

Awards
agree with the people that say jack3d will get you "Cracked out" but no real pumps or anything. I'm a fan of maximize since it gives me energy and good pumps from the citrulline and agmatine. i use hemavol whenever I'm off stims and get a great pump from it.

and for the karbolyn, definitely post-workout with protein/bcaa's

josephd79

Awards
good point. but i like the idea of a smaller tub, smaller scoop. assault has so much powder that when i drink even half of a serving, it makes my stomach sick. what happened to good ol (original) NO shotgun. or even the original mesomorph
Yea, I hear ya... some are excessive powders... Superpump is avg. VPX NO Shotgun MHF is a personal fav, but is a little more per scoop. You can always just take half a scoop. Many of these 'proprietary profiles' are 11G to 13G of ingredients. Half a scoop would be 5.5 to 6.5 Grams, which, coincidentally, is the gram amount of Jack3d.

Do a google search for 'Body Surge' and check the ingredients on that and price. I think it's another Jack3d copy, but it's cheap and 'concentrated'. But if you're going to spend $25 on Jack3d, get the SuperPump Max. Just my opinion on the goods.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
same stuff happens to me when i tried jack3d. i get better energy from taking a 2 hour nap before the gym then taking 4 scoops of jack3d lol
That is flat out nuts you caffeine addict! :p

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
man i dont ever take pre workouts or coffee unless im staying up late studying. just dont respond to jack3d

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
Superpump max if you wanna lose weight and sit on the toilet during your whole workout!
C4 is what I prefer! Jack3d is good but you have to cycle off of any PWO.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I'm taking n2amp and it's amazing!

But take karbolyn during your workout with some hydrolyzed whey cause your muscles take in carbs during exercise without the presents of insulin.

vpower

vpower

Awards
  • Established
I'm taking n2amp and it's amazing!

But take karbolyn during your workout with some hydrolyzed whey cause your muscles take in carbs during exercise without the presents of insulin.
Please explain, not trying to discredit, just interested in the science behind it.

josephd79

Awards
Yea, I'm wondering why that would happen. One of my favorite preworkouts is VPX NoShotgun-MHF1 which has a good amount of hydrolyzed protein & bcaa's. Would the inclusion of that prior to working out cause that insulin concern?

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Please explain, not trying to discredit, just interested in the science behind it.
Yea, I'm wondering why that would happen. One of my favorite preworkouts is VPX NoShotgun-MHF1 which has a good amount of hydrolyzed protein & bcaa's. Would the inclusion of that prior to working out cause that insulin concern?

I will tomorrow. Just remind me tomorrow cause I have a huge test tomorrow so I gotta study for it some more....been in the library for for 10am :/

If I forget just pm me or something.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ready4war was descent for energy I remember liking it back in the day. But I'm pretty stim sensitive so a lot of stuff hits me good and I usually only half dose all my stims.
That's why I like rpm and lit up so good. Perfect amount of stims without feeling like Dave chapel on crack.

josephd79

Awards
Ready4war was descent for energy I remember liking it back in the day. But I'm pretty stim sensitive so a lot of stuff hits me good and I usually only half dose all my stims.
That's why I like rpm and lit up so good. Perfect amount of stims without feeling like Dave chapel on crack.
Dave Chappel and 'on crack' is redundant...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Have u tried white flood?? it doesnt have the jittery feeling either.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have u tried white flood?? it doesnt have the jittery feeling either.
I have a long time ago. And I remember liking it pretty good actually. but I haven't tried it in a long time.