Leangains recomp: supplement help

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Hi everyone,

I'm 6'2 205lbs and about 15% bf. I'm looking to do a recomp for the next 4-8 weeks transitioning into a slow cut which I'll maintain until I'm down to about 10% bf. My main goal is to lose the fat and keep the muscle, but if i can successfully recomp and gain a little muscle along the way even better.

Following leangains IF protocol, eating fro 2-3pm to 10-11pm. Either workout fasted or after 1 meal. PWO meal always biggest. Aiming for aroudn 3100 calories on workout days, and about 2200 on non workout days (my maintenance is about 2900). Eating clean mostly.

Training: Chest/Bi's/Abs, Back/Tris/Shoulders, Legs/Abs, Shoulders/Bis
I hit shoulders, bis and abs twice each week as these are my current weak spots (especially shoulders)
Also do a hardcore 5-6km run a couple times a week.

Now I'm trying to put together some supplements, but I'm at a bit of a loss. I have a protein powder and some micronized creatine monohydrate which I'm already taking. I'm just not sure what to add for a recomp. Any reccomendations? Was considering AnaBeta and Xtend preworkout. Maybe some Propionyl-L-Carnitine as well... just not sure. Really need some advice on which supps are going to be suitable for a recomp leading into a cut.

PLEASE NOTE that i am in australia and as such my ability to get certain supplements is restricted, so that's something I also have to consider in my selection.

Any help appreciated,

cheers,
nate

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go to the lean gains site and read up on what he has there on supps. That should clear up all ur questions.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
to be honest i wanted opinions outside the leangains fraternity, so to speak. Alot of the products martin reccomends are not available in australia. I'm just more interested in what people here would stack for a recomp/cut and their personal experience with products, so that I can make an informed choice on what to stack. Alot of new products on the market aren't covered on the leangains website etc.

AnaBeta and Xtend are two that I'm looking at closely, would these go well together?
As for fat burning, still not sure. Jack3d maybe?

nate

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
He talks about xtend and jack3d.
But id just go with:
Multi
Fish Oil
Creatine
Beta-alanine
Bcaa/Eaa/Leucine
ALA

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your response, very helpful. What is ALA? Brand reccomendations?
Okay so how does this sound:

Workout days: Multi, fish oil and anabeta, then creatine, jacked3d and xtend preworkout, xtend and beta alanine post workout.
Non workout days: Multi, fish oil, creatine, beta-alaine, green tea extract

Thoughts?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont know much about anabeta since I dont use those types of products nor can i afford too. PM nattydisaster or another PES rep about that. I think milas used anabeta with a lean gains diet too.

But Id just take:
Multi everyday
Fish oil 3-6g a day
Beta-alanine 4-6g a day split up into 3-4 doses
Creatine 3-5g a day
Xtend pre/post or intra...however you want it really.
Jack3d would be pre-wo
ALA is alpha lipoic acid, any brand really, nutra is good. Take 300-600mg with your post-wo meal and 300mg with your pre-wo meal if you have one. It is a very strong anti-oxident and helps with insulin sensitivity, so id use that over green tea.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Okay also been looking at anabolic pump... to enable me to 'refeed' on training days without fat gain hopefully.

So it'd look something like this i gues...
Multi, fish oil, creatine, beta alanine, ALA pre and post workout, anabeta, whey, plus anabolic pump with carbs and xtend preworkout on training days.

Does that sound like a solid recomp stack?
Cheers,
nate

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Erase and BCAA's

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Okay also been looking at anabolic pump... to enable me to 'refeed' on training days without fat gain hopefully.

So it'd look something like this i gues...
Multi, fish oil, creatine, beta alanine, ALA pre and post workout, anabeta, whey, plus anabolic pump with carbs and xtend preworkout on training days.

Does that sound like a solid recomp stack?
Cheers,
nate
Id rid myself of the Anabolic Pump and pick up some Glycobol.

quigley

Awards
  • Established
Id rid myself of the Anabolic Pump and pick up some Glycobol.
thanks for that suggestion, just had a look into it and glycobol looks pretty awesome :) man i wish i could grab some erase, but cant get it in AUS it's illegal :( sucks.

Alright so ditch anabolic pump and replace with glycobol. That will mean im taking the staples + Anabeta, glycobol, ALA and beta-alanine.

I like the sound of that but please let me know if im over/underdoing it or have the combo wrong

At the moment im finding the training and diet is going well and im making slow progress, just missing that liittle extra oomph a good stack gives

nate

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glycobol has alpha lipoic acid in it.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
IMO

Xtend
Fat burner of your choice
Need2Slin
fish/krill oil
Green tea
Pre WO of your choice

I would use N2Burn and N2KTS as my fat burner and pre WO but if you use another go with it

Scuba Steveo

Awards
I had very good results doing a recomp using PES Erase, Alpha T2, Titanium (bought these three as a stack on nutraplanet), and DAA. I also had the staples like fish oil, multi vit, creatine. I was actually just trying to lean out, and I did, but the entire time my strength was going up, and I swear I gained a fair bit of muscle.

As far as how my diet was setup, I would break my fast with a high protein, low carb, moderate fat meal around noon. I would work out at 5 pm and have a carbish bar (power bar harvest energy bars are good) beforehand, and a shake with some carbs and hydrolyzed proteins during. PWO meal would be about an hour and a half after workout (usually 7:30) and would of course be a quite substantial amount of food. The main thing I did with the dinner was to sort of carb cycle, alternating having a meal with high carbs one night, and a lowish carb meal the next night.

Hope that helps.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Drive is an excellent recomposition product.