L-arginine dosage?

TulsaTalons

Awards
so a few years ago, i started taking L-arginine everyday to help increase blood flow. so after about 2 weeks i could really tell that it was working, (mainly got erections alot easier), but i cant remember the dosage i was taking. what dosage would u guys recommend? thanks.

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
what a sham of a nitric oxide booster. To bad the only way to actually get the vasodialation effect is at high doses....Intravenously..syringes anyone.lol

The subjects consumed 6 g/day arginine (ARG trial) or placebo (CON trial) for 3 days then performed an intermittent anaerobic exercise test on a cycle ergometer. Blood samples were collected before supplementation, before and during exercise and 0, 3, 6, 10, 30 and 60 min after exercise. There was no significant difference between the 2 trials in plasma nitrate and nitrite, lactate and ammonia concentrations and peak and average power in the exercise. The results of this study suggested that short-term arginine supplementation had no effect on nitric oxide production, lactate and ammonia metabolism and performance in intermittent anaerobic exercise in well-trained male athletes. http://yourarticlesource.com/Art/411...-Arginine.html

This one was pretty promising tho for those looking for more vasodilatation

Conclusion
These findings suggest that acute moderate-intensity exercise induces vasodilation through an increase in NO bioavailability in humans and that high-intensity exercise increases oxidative stress. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17679027

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Id recommend citrulline malate over arginine. Also, ornithine and norvaline both work well. White flood v2 has both, and alot more. It also has beet root powder which is a nitrate (very good pumps.) Creatine nitrate is another option.

Theres alot more out there, that works better than arginine.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Try horny goat weed with citrulline, nitrates, or agamitine (sp?).