New to supplements.. Help??

dk6995

Awards
HEy everyone lets start out as saying I am clueless about this supplement/anabolic stuff. I'm deployed to afghanistan right now. 4 months left till I go home and looking to surprise my wife with a new me. I'm currently taking myofusion protein BSN nitrix pills fish oil and BSN volumaize. I was thinking of taking d-Androbol to increase mass and gains any advice? Please forgive me for being new to all this just looking for some advice.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Stats first brother...

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Keep it simple. You can get bigger and lose your gut by just eating clean and training hard. Protein, creatine, fish oil and BCAA to aid recovery.
Sleep 8+ hours a night and lift heavy and light cardio after training...
Eat slightly over maintenance calories to build but keep them clean.

dk6995

Awards
Keep it simple. You can get bigger and lose your gut by just eating clean and training hard. Protein, creatine, fish oil and BCAA to aid recovery.
Sleep 8+ hours a night and lift heavy and light cardio after training...
Eat slightly over maintenance calories to build but keep them clean.
sounds easy enough. Any advice about Anabolics? I wanna see some fast results but I'm looking a little embarrassing when it comes to weights lol

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Anabolics are a last resort man.
There is no "quick" fix
Takes time

dk6995

Awards
Anabolics are a last resort man.
There is no "quick" fix
Takes time
Ok. Well I have 4 months hopefully I can see a change when I get back to the states! Ive been eating a lot of salads and protein shakes. Thanks for all your help brother! Ill keep u posted.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Drop shakes man...eat WHOLE foods... 6 meals a day
Each meal contains all 3 macros... Clean,lean and healthy ;)

Cheers man

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He's deployed. There's no 6 meals a day likely. And I'm army and know how lacking the protein is in chow/MREs/mermites

I'd say keep the shakes, just hit the gym and make progress slowly. Anabolics won't give lasting gains without a base

dk6995

Awards
Thanks James yea it's pretty hard to get 2 meals a day out here let alone 6 lol.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No problem. At least you have a gym and stuff, so you're on at least a decent sized FOB and not a small post.

The sodium is killer with that food too. Keep your water high, throw the shakes in, and lift. It's probably easier to bulk then cut or recomp. But there are ways, I lost 15lbs at OCS and kept most of my strength

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I was unaware about that. Eat and train

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
take it easy stick to the basics like runner said and dont try and get too fancy. BTW not fan of bsn not hating imo its just too expensive and kinda muscletech-y. i guarantee u could find stuff that will produce same results if not better than what bsn is offering at cheaper prices. dont jump onto anabolics till u feel u pushed yourself naturally to the max.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Work harder, eat better, sleep better. Its all in your head. push yourself that little extra every workout and you will be suprised when those 4 months come around. The game is all about motivation... you gotta want it.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I agree. There's too much to worry about ON cycle, while being deployed.

Something like Creatine, a pre workout product, or maybe even something like Powerfull or Blue Gene would give you the motivation & edge you need.

It's good having an edge. The whole "steak and milk" routine works, but it's boring. The extreme "anabolics" route is dangerous and unnecessary. I found the truth somewhere in the middle, using natural supplements to aid my training. It keeps things interesting and helps me push myself.

Good luck and thanks for serving

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
simple:
blue up for T boost, wraath for aminos and probably through in blue gene (Controlled labs) for overall health and maybe a cordygen by MST for extra oxygen pumps Preferably cre-02
protein, carbs(sweet potato and lots of vegetables) and some fat. sleep

dk6995

Awards
Thanks for all the help guys haven't been able to get on in a while but I'm gonna take a few before and after pics and see how it goes. Hopefully we can see some results!!

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the help guys haven't been able to get on in a while but I'm gonna take a few before and after pics and see how it goes. Hopefully we can see some results!!
Good luck with your goals, train hard and heal quick! :)

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
sounds good bro well be here.

Sourdough

Sourdough

Awards
I would invest in a TON of amino acid complexes especially since your diet is lacking and protein is limited to shakes.... taking a serving of something like Body mortar upon waking, while working out and before bed would be best. I would choose the carb free version too... can find that stuff cheap and i SWEAR theres more servings in a tub then stated on the label, at least its seemed that way to me.

I would also look into some more natty anabolics but def not go on cycle while your deployed....

Anabeta would be a great one to look into, applied nutriceuticals Drive, USPL Prime or Molecular nutritions X-Factor Advanced worked great for me too...

and although meals arent that often, im sure you try to put it down when you can so something as a nutrient partitioner for meals and post workout would do wonders to make the most of the nutrients you CAN get in and keep em from spilling over to fat. Anabolic pump, glycobol and slin sane are just a few you could look into that should def help.

Honestly im suprised no one mentioned looking into some good ol AI's either... formestane, erase, trione (if you can find bulk for transdermal application) or 6-bromo... all will help reduce estrogen, in turn increase test and add their own lovely intrinsic effects as well... ...especially Formestane or Trione.

Mix that with a quality sourced creatine like from Primordial performance and some kind of carnatine supp (plcar or LCLT) and some DAA and you should have quite the tastey natty stack that would certainly show results in 4 months...

lets see... for the fun of it... heres a 4 month supp plan.... now diet and def training have to be there too soooo try your hardest to get that done and the money spent on supps will be worth it.

Taken all the time
Bulk LCLT(1g 2xd for 2g daily) or plcar(1g 2xd for 2g daily)taken ALL 4 MONTHS Pre and post workout (total of 248G bulk purchase)
Creatine Monohydrate (5g) Taken ALL 4 MONTHS post workout (purchased from primordial performance will get you 200 servings, enough to take some home)
BCAA 4:1:1 taken 3x day for all 4 months (about 12 tubs SHOULD be needed according to the label for all 4 months... you could prob get 8 and be fine, for 20 bucks a pop it aint much and is great to mix all your other bulks into as well)

Month one
Drive @ 3caps 2x ed. waking and 1hr before working out (will last you 40days if you get the 240 caps bottle... which you DO want)

Month two
last 10 days of Drive
Xfactor Advanced 4 caps spread through the day evenly (2 bottles needed but will last 50days)
anabolic pump taken 15 min before or with first meal, post workout shake and last meal of day (only 1 bottle, 30days for this month only)

Month three
last 20 days of Xfactor Advanced
AnaBeta taken 4 times every day. breakfast, before workout, after workout, last meal.(only 1 bottle, 30 days for this month only)

10days before month 4 start...(day after xfactor avanced is finished)
USPL Prime 2caps 3 times ed with breakfast before workout and last meal(again requires 2 bottles but lasts a total of 40 days)

Month four
USPL Prime 2caps 3 times ed with breakfast before workout and last meal
DAA taken 1.5g morning 1.5g night (100g bulk powder)
Formestane 4 pumps applied to shoulders upper chest and arms 2times ed (making 200mg ed which will again require 2 bottles.)

now it isnt cheap but its def effective. it wont have you worrying your butt off if something goes wrong mid cycle and ALL THE GAINS will stick and will be easily maintained as long as you continue at working out once stateside.

Ive recently run a shorter version of this split before a cycle and as part of my post cycle and continued on with ease after my cycle keeping all the gains and still leaning out while adding strength.... it should be GREAT considering your inexperience with supplements and as long as you can get some food packed away and workout enough youll be one happy camper 4 months from now.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
simple rules, no sugars.....keep carbs away from fats, ( dont eat at the same time)
you definitely can keep shakes in because they will help you hit the 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight you need. not to mention you can eat cleaner with shakes than whole food unless you are very good at cooking clean.
BCAA
protein shakes
multi
fish oil
creatine
a decent fat burner to keep cravings and sluggishness away...
PM me for specifics if you wish

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
simple rules, no sugars.....keep carbs away from fats, ( dont eat at the same time)
you definitely can keep shakes in because they will help you hit the 1.5g of protein per pound of bodyweight you need. not to mention you can eat cleaner with shakes than whole food unless you are very good at cooking clean.
BCAA
protein shakes
multi
fish oil
creatine
a decent fat burner to keep cravings and sluggishness away...
PM me for specifics if you wish
Good info

truthornothin

truthornothin

Awards
  • Established
E-pharm's Testforce2 will kick up your own testosterone, Plateau on your gains before seeking the aid of anabolics. I've seen a lot of newbies hit the juice out of the gate and wind up with tendon ruptures and muscle tears where the muscle strength overpowered the tendon they were attached to. Eat well I believe in the shakes, its hard to get enough nutrients with just whole foods. I dont care what they say, its much easier to slam down 50 grams of whey mid morning than chow down a chicken breast or steak. I do three whole meals and three meals based around a shake and fruit or nuts. Take BCAA's and if you like pm me I'll give you a list of stuff that will only help. I appreciate what you guys do over there and it'd be my pleasure to help you out

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
E-pharm's Testforce2 will kick up your own testosterone, Plateau on your gains before seeking the aid of anabolics. I've seen a lot of newbies hit the juice out of the gate and wind up with tendon ruptures and muscle tears where the muscle strength overpowered the tendon they were attached to. Eat well I believe in the shakes, its hard to get enough nutrients with just whole foods. I dont care what they say, its much easier to slam down 50 grams of whey mid morning than chow down a chicken breast or steak. I do three whole meals and three meals based around a shake and fruit or nuts. Take BCAA's and if you like pm me I'll give you a list of stuff that will only help. I appreciate what you guys do over there and it'd be my pleasure to help you out
x2^

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I agree, since food isn't the best out in the sandbox, invest in some MRPs

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Why not purée some foods?

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
One of my favorites of course!!! :D

original Met-Rx is also an all time favorite of mine
Sounds good but never tried met rx.
My mate gave me some of his GG once. Nice!
Very oat flavoury lol vanilla

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good but never tried met rx.
My mate gave me some of his GG once. Nice!
Very oat flavoury lol vanilla
Yup, apple pie mixed with vanilla iced cream, it tastes like to me!
I'm glad you liked it!