vpx power shock or bsn amino x?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Between those two I would go with VPX but I personally use this vvvv and it's a really good product and the price is much better

Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Actually check this out. The ingredient/dosing profile is impressive and leagues ahead of anything else that I've ever used. Musclefeast's Anabolic Competition.

Attachment 44135 Attachment 44136
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    Between those two I would go with VPX but I personally use this vvvv and it's a really good product and the price is much better
    I've used powershock, in fact I have another tub on my counter. It doesn't compare to Anabolic Competition, just compare labels and look at the dosages. In AI you're getting a full gram of Agmatine, most competing products sprinkle it in. You're also getting more nitrates as well.

3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I always go for EAA product, and this is why

That alone makes me prefer EAAs!
    Only problem is that if one eats a meal 1-3 hr pre-wo there will be all the eaa's still in the blood to fuel the full effects of bcaa's. So if your not training fasted a bcaa product is just as good as an eaa product.

•   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

I've used powershock, in fact I have another tub on my counter. It doesn't compare to Anabolic Competition, just compare labels and look at the dosages. In AI you're getting a full gram of Agmatine, most competing products sprinkle it in. You're also getting more nitrates as well.
    I have agmatine on hand, actually is by MF lol, but I'm too lazy to measure it every time so having in that would be great.

How does it taste?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com

5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Only problem is that if one eats a meal 1-3 hr pre-wo there will be all the eaa's still in the blood to fuel the full effects of bcaa's. So if your not training fasted a bcaa product is just as good as an eaa product.
    Solid point for sure, something I have read many times.

Mike

6. Elite Member
    Answers

Angry

This is true, but i see two flaws:1) the food eaten must be a complete source of protein2) the amount of EAAs in said food is potentially lowFor example, theres only 18mg of Histidine per gram of protein in complete food source.Taking an EAA product you would absorb them all at once, in much larger amounts. And we know timing of nutrients around a workout is essential to success. Theres too many variables to factor in for this to be a legit reason to pick BCAAs over EAAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post

7. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    thread title says it all, if you had to pick one, which would it be?
    funny how you started a thread asking about picking specifically from two and people still ignore that and recommend something else!

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    well, for starters, im not going to pay over 20 bucks for a tub of amino's.

i get lg's bca+eaa for 14 bucks, and the kiwiwatermelon isn't the most delicious stuff, but taste okay.

i fill my shaker to the brim, so w/e it is will be watered down for sure.

but i was looking at those too. im sure the vpx stuff will taste chemically, like their shotgun and synthesize, which were good products but tasted awful.

anyhow, open for 20 and under recomendations. but 55 bucks, no thanks.

also thought about xtend, i know that stuff taste pretty good.
    I agree, VPX does have a chemically nasty taste. I didn't like their Power Shock and their Synthesize was even worse, like drinking concentrated Robitesum cough syrup, flavor wise. I did a very comprehensive review on BSN's Amino X on bb. Formula is ok but taste is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Bulk BCAA cheap and tons of servings, who cares about taste.
    Me! If i'm going to be drinking it all the time, I shouldn't have to gag it down and try to keep from puking. There has been some wonderful advances in flavoring and with the large diversity of products out there now, there's no need to settle for junk IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

8. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    funny how you started a thread asking about picking specifically from two and people still ignore that and recommend something else!

I agree, VPX does have a chemically nasty taste. I didn't like their Power Shock and their Synthesize was even worse, like drinking concentrated Robitesum cough syrup, flavor wise. I did a very comprehensive review on BSN's Amino X on bb. Formula is ok but taste is much better.

Me! If i'm going to be drinking it all the time, I shouldn't have to gag it down and try to keep from puking. There has been some wonderful advances in flavoring and with the large diversity of products out there now, there's no need to settle for junk IMO.
    I have to agree with you on taste... can completely derail a workout if you are sipping on cow piss.

That said my post workout shake sometimes makes me wanna puke.. I guess thats why sometimes I stretch out my workouts... I just have a hard time drinking 10g bcaas mixed in a casein shake.... (also my stomach cant handle milk proteins... just drinking it up cause my mom sent me a bottle cause she thought I wanted protein from america....)
    RecoverBro ELITE

9. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.
    Answers

This is true, but i see two flaws:1) the food eaten must be a complete source of protein2) the amount of EAAs in said food is potentially lowFor example, theres only 18mg of Histidine per gram of protein in complete food source.Taking an EAA product you would absorb them all at once, in much larger amounts. And we know timing of nutrients around a workout is essential to success. Theres too many variables to factor in for this to be a legit reason to pick BCAAs over EAAs.
    I understand the use for eaa's. The debate will never end. I was just throwing some food for thought out there. I got that knowledge from layne norton myself. The "truth" is always different depending on who you ask lol.

10. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

I tend to agree with your approach here when bulking.

Mike

11. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post

i always go the unflavored route if it saves me a couple bucks.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    i always go the unflavored route if it saves me a couple bucks.
    Thats what i tend to do now but when dieting I like having multiple tasty treats

13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    I have agmatine on hand, actually is by MF lol, but I'm too lazy to measure it every time so having in that would be great.

How does it taste?
    Not great, but I mix it with a sugar free raspberry vitamin water and that does the trick.

14. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Answers

Not great, but I mix it with a sugar free raspberry vitamin water and that does the trick.
    I've had far worse powders. BA is def tolerable.

Mike

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hemavol, Nitroceps, C-Bol, and Power Shock: Increasing vascularity
    By Force of Green in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 11:23 PM
  2. Ec stack and vpx power shock ?
    By mmacrazy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
  3. For Sale: VPX Power Shock (all flavors) (Amino Acids)
    By niCe99 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 05:15 PM
  4. Power Shock + Free No Shotgun???
    By manofmany in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
  5. Power,Rep,Shock Training?
    By mastertech in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 08:48 PM