vpx power shock or bsn amino x?

Page 2 of 2 First 12

  1. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    damn, I have been only taking BCAAs....
    They do still work, but that study, and other research I've done, makes me question why COMPLETE protein sources contain EAAs and INCOMPLETE protein sources do not.

    Me personally I just don't even want to risk it. Why short-change yourself, when EAA products are roughly the same price.


  2. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    They do still work, but that study, and other research I've done, makes me question why COMPLETE protein sources contain EAAs and INCOMPLETE protein sources do not.

    Me personally I just don't even want to risk it. Why short-change yourself, when EAA products are roughly the same price.
    The only EAA drink I took was by LG.... that stuff was horrible... tasted like rotten protein powder...
    RecoverBro ELITE
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    The only EAA drink I took was by LG.... that stuff was horrible... tasted like rotten protein powder...
    lol...never tried it. never used much from LG, cept the old PHs

  4. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    lol...never tried it. never used much from LG, cept the old PHs
    was free with their ASGT lol
    RecoverBro ELITE

  5. I am finishing up using amino nitrate by vpx...wouldn't call it awesome but it's what was there at the time...wanna get some more wraath. That sh1t is awesome fasted interval sprints and running... *tingles
    ...::: Olympus Labs Representative :::...
    Crossfit - DEMIGOD -

  6. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, me (im probably the only one with his hand raised, again).

    any how, i looked to see if you guys had some bcaa's, didn't see any.

    but, i waited too long, and so, i had to stop by the v shop and grabbed a tub of amino x. watermelon.

    taste like a jolly rancher. mixes great with orange gatoraid.
    get thru that tub of aminoX, then perhaps check our web site again & you might....might...just be pleasantly suprised...
    ...as one is in the works...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I always go for EAA product, and this is why



    That alone makes me prefer EAAs!
    well, i was thinking of ordering purple wrath, but it was 46 bucks at the v shop, and im not paying 10 bucks more to have it now.

    next time i'll give it a try.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    The only EAA drink I took was by LG.... that stuff was horrible... tasted like rotten protein powder...
    i just finished a tub of their eaa +bcaa, yea, it taste like other intra w/o products, but better than intra aid, and another one i tried.

  9. Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    get thru that tub of aminoX, then perhaps check our web site again & you might....might...just be pleasantly suprised...
    ...as one is in the works...
    sounds good bro.

  10. I've found both for the same price and serving. I used vpx powershock in my last contest prep and loved it.. never lost muscle.. it was my dedicated intra-workout.. now I prefer no-synthesize by them.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    •   
       


  11. Between those two I would go with VPX but I personally use this vvvv and it's a really good product and the price is much better

    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Actually check this out. The ingredient/dosing profile is impressive and leagues ahead of anything else that I've ever used. Musclefeast's Anabolic Competition.

    Attachment 44135 Attachment 44136

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    Between those two I would go with VPX but I personally use this vvvv and it's a really good product and the price is much better
    I've used powershock, in fact I have another tub on my counter. It doesn't compare to Anabolic Competition, just compare labels and look at the dosages. In AI you're getting a full gram of Agmatine, most competing products sprinkle it in. You're also getting more nitrates as well.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    I always go for EAA product, and this is why



    That alone makes me prefer EAAs!
    Only problem is that if one eats a meal 1-3 hr pre-wo there will be all the eaa's still in the blood to fuel the full effects of bcaa's. So if your not training fasted a bcaa product is just as good as an eaa product.

  14. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    I've used powershock, in fact I have another tub on my counter. It doesn't compare to Anabolic Competition, just compare labels and look at the dosages. In AI you're getting a full gram of Agmatine, most competing products sprinkle it in. You're also getting more nitrates as well.
    I have agmatine on hand, actually is by MF lol, but I'm too lazy to measure it every time so having in that would be great.

    How does it taste?

  15. Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Only problem is that if one eats a meal 1-3 hr pre-wo there will be all the eaa's still in the blood to fuel the full effects of bcaa's. So if your not training fasted a bcaa product is just as good as an eaa product.
    Solid point for sure, something I have read many times.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
  16. Angry


    This is true, but i see two flaws:1) the food eaten must be a complete source of protein2) the amount of EAAs in said food is potentially lowFor example, theres only 18mg of Histidine per gram of protein in complete food source.Taking an EAA product you would absorb them all at once, in much larger amounts. And we know timing of nutrients around a workout is essential to success. Theres too many variables to factor in for this to be a legit reason to pick BCAAs over EAAs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou321 View Post
    Only problem is that if one eats a meal 1-3 hr pre-wo there will be all the eaa's still in the blood to fuel the full effects of bcaa's. So if your not training fasted a bcaa product is just as good as an eaa product.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    thread title says it all, if you had to pick one, which would it be?
    funny how you started a thread asking about picking specifically from two and people still ignore that and recommend something else!

    Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    well, for starters, im not going to pay over 20 bucks for a tub of amino's.

    i get lg's bca+eaa for 14 bucks, and the kiwiwatermelon isn't the most delicious stuff, but taste okay.

    i fill my shaker to the brim, so w/e it is will be watered down for sure.

    but i was looking at those too. im sure the vpx stuff will taste chemically, like their shotgun and synthesize, which were good products but tasted awful.

    anyhow, open for 20 and under recomendations. but 55 bucks, no thanks.

    also thought about xtend, i know that stuff taste pretty good.
    I agree, VPX does have a chemically nasty taste. I didn't like their Power Shock and their Synthesize was even worse, like drinking concentrated Robitesum cough syrup, flavor wise. I did a very comprehensive review on BSN's Amino X on bb. Formula is ok but taste is much better.

    Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    Bulk BCAA cheap and tons of servings, who cares about taste.
    Me! If i'm going to be drinking it all the time, I shouldn't have to gag it down and try to keep from puking. There has been some wonderful advances in flavoring and with the large diversity of products out there now, there's no need to settle for junk IMO.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

  18. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    funny how you started a thread asking about picking specifically from two and people still ignore that and recommend something else!



    I agree, VPX does have a chemically nasty taste. I didn't like their Power Shock and their Synthesize was even worse, like drinking concentrated Robitesum cough syrup, flavor wise. I did a very comprehensive review on BSN's Amino X on bb. Formula is ok but taste is much better.



    Me! If i'm going to be drinking it all the time, I shouldn't have to gag it down and try to keep from puking. There has been some wonderful advances in flavoring and with the large diversity of products out there now, there's no need to settle for junk IMO.
    I have to agree with you on taste... can completely derail a workout if you are sipping on cow piss.

    That said my post workout shake sometimes makes me wanna puke.. I guess thats why sometimes I stretch out my workouts... I just have a hard time drinking 10g bcaas mixed in a casein shake.... (also my stomach cant handle milk proteins... just drinking it up cause my mom sent me a bottle cause she thought I wanted protein from america....)
    RecoverBro ELITE

  19. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    This is true, but i see two flaws:1) the food eaten must be a complete source of protein2) the amount of EAAs in said food is potentially lowFor example, theres only 18mg of Histidine per gram of protein in complete food source.Taking an EAA product you would absorb them all at once, in much larger amounts. And we know timing of nutrients around a workout is essential to success. Theres too many variables to factor in for this to be a legit reason to pick BCAAs over EAAs.
    I understand the use for eaa's. The debate will never end. I was just throwing some food for thought out there. I got that knowledge from layne norton myself. The "truth" is always different depending on who you ask lol.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    This is true, but i see two flaws:1) the food eaten must be a complete source of protein2) the amount of EAAs in said food is potentially lowFor example, theres only 18mg of Histidine per gram of protein in complete food source.Taking an EAA product you would absorb them all at once, in much larger amounts. And we know timing of nutrients around a workout is essential to success. Theres too many variables to factor in for this to be a legit reason to pick BCAAs over EAAs.
    I tend to agree with your approach here when bulking.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  21. Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    funny how you started a thread asking about picking specifically from two and people still ignore that and recommend something else!



    I agree, VPX does have a chemically nasty taste. I didn't like their Power Shock and their Synthesize was even worse, like drinking concentrated Robitesum cough syrup, flavor wise. I did a very comprehensive review on BSN's Amino X on bb. Formula is ok but taste is much better.



    Me! If i'm going to be drinking it all the time, I shouldn't have to gag it down and try to keep from puking. There has been some wonderful advances in flavoring and with the large diversity of products out there now, there's no need to settle for junk IMO.
    i always go the unflavored route if it saves me a couple bucks.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  22. Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    i always go the unflavored route if it saves me a couple bucks.
    Thats what i tend to do now but when dieting I like having multiple tasty treats
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative

  23. Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    I have agmatine on hand, actually is by MF lol, but I'm too lazy to measure it every time so having in that would be great.

    How does it taste?
    Not great, but I mix it with a sugar free raspberry vitamin water and that does the trick.

  24. Quote Originally Posted by southpaw23 View Post
    Not great, but I mix it with a sugar free raspberry vitamin water and that does the trick.
    I've had far worse powders. BA is def tolerable.

    Mike
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Hemavol, Nitroceps, C-Bol, and Power Shock: Increasing vascularity
    By Force of Green in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 01:23 AM
  2. Ec stack and vpx power shock ?
    By mmacrazy in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 12:01 PM
  3. For Sale: VPX Power Shock (all flavors) (Amino Acids)
    By niCe99 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 07:15 PM
  4. Power Shock + Free No Shotgun???
    By manofmany in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-27-2010, 04:01 PM
  5. Power,Rep,Shock Training?
    By mastertech in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-01-2006, 10:48 PM
Log in
Log in