Creatine pre or post workout?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User

Creatine pre or post workout?

^^^

2. Registered User

it doesnt matter what time of day you take creatine, it just matters that you get 3-5g a day. its all about saturation, not timing.
    iForce Nutrition Online Representative Manager
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  225 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    it doesnt matter what time of day you take creatine, it just matters that you get 3-5g a day. its all about saturation, not timing.
    That's the answer right there, although I personally try not to take it pre-workout. Simply because you are already taking things pre-workout, and why clog up the gears with more stuff.
    •   

4. Ω Omega Sports Ω
    Board Sponsor

It really doesn't matter just as long as it gets in.
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  5. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by rodo123 View Post
    ^^^
    Either (if dosing once daily) or both (if dosing twice daily), and easiest to do once first thing on non-training days. Just remember that you only need 2-3 grams of creatine daily to keep your muscle creatine threshold saturated - some people recommend up to 5g, which is ok, but not necessary.

Also depends whether your creatine product is a straight creatine product or has other properties - if it has other properties (i.e. NeoVar Recomped), or is a product that contains creatine (i.e. preworkout), then dose when recommended re timing.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  6. Registered User

Also there are creatine products that contain ingredients that aid with preworkout, such as Green MAG we advocate you take it preworkout for this reason.

I'm sure there's others out there too.

Straight creatine though, these guys are right...anytime of the day it will work
  7. Registered User

I agree with the pre.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwanus View Post
    This is correct.

9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

I am sure i will get arguments from my following statements.

If dosing creatine my recommendation would be to only use Creapure branded monohydrate. I would also suggest dosing it pre-workout.

Creatine definitely will help with post workout recovery, however, in order to work harder, longer, and stronger, the mitochondria in each cell, can really use the creatine as an extremely efficient source of ATP regeneration, during the workout.

More available ATP, equals vastly improved workouts.

When an ATP molecule, (Adenosine Triphosphate) is depleted into an ADP molecule (Adenosine Diphosphate), it really can't do much of anything.

We want to convert the Di molecule back into a Tri molecule, as quickly and efficiently as possible.
  10. Registered User

Thanks guys. Also, how do you tell that the creatine has started working? And I'm thinking of taking it for 8 weeks and then 3 weeks off or something like that. thoughts? By the way, is it ok to take if I'm taking DAA and Triazole?
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.

I like to take 2 2.5g doses otherwise my intestines sometimes hate me if i take it all at once. Its not something you feel really. Its just a proven essential
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  12. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Thanks guys. Also, how do you tell that the creatine has started working? And I'm thinking of taking it for 8 weeks and then 3 weeks off or something like that. thoughts? By the way, is it ok to take if I'm taking DAA and Triazole?
    You're not really going to "tell that the creatine has started working" - it's going to make a difference once you start using it, especially if you have never used it before, or of you're starting back on it after at least three weeks break from it, but it's not something you really notice per se.

Yes, you can use creatine with DAA and Triazole. You can use creatine with pretty much ANYthing - it should be a constant STAPLE in your supplement regime!

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  13. ax1
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

I personally insist on taking creatine pre-workout primarily for placebo reasons.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  14. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I personally insist on taking creatine pre-workout primarily for placebo reasons.
    I always enjoy the great leaders posts
  15. Registered User

There won't be any REAL HUGE results, but you'll be able to get one or two more reps in the gym, and depending on the product you'll get more pump / muscle volume.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.

You will also likely notice your weight goes up some from water retention...also keep in mind to hydrate well (anyone into BB should do this anyhow)
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

im not a huge creatine fan, but from all the research you can go between 10-15 old research said 10 because your body will just piss out the excess
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ax1 View Post
    I do the same thing, the power of the mind is powerfull indeed.

Although when i take designer creatines you want to take them pre-workout anyways since they work synergistically with carbs. (green bulge/NeoVar)
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by stonhous35 View Post
    im not a huge creatine fan, but from all the research you can go between 10-15 old research said 10 because your body will just piss out the excess
    You're not a fan of the MOST scientifically proven supplement? Hmmm. Odd.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

works best with carbs that are insulin based, such as white sugars and sugar alcohols. Creatine needs the sugar because of the IGF insulin growth factor
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

thats my own opinion. things work for some people some work better for others. Especially the stuff they sell in stores in chinese based and cheap crap.
  22. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel29073 View Post
    You will also likely notice your weight goes up some from water retention...also keep in mind to hydrate well (anyone into BB should do this anyhow)
    You're not necessarily have any water retention or additional weight from it when using creatine. I have used and not used creatine, and it makes no difference to me personally. Hydration is important though, yes, for EVERYone, regardless of whether they even live this lifestyle or not.

~Rosie~

23. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by stonhous35 View Post
    works best with carbs that are insulin based, such as white sugars and sugar alcohols. Creatine needs the sugar because of the IGF insulin growth factor
    wut? broscientist right hurrrr
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

well if you do ur own research you'd know your own information, has nothing to do with being a broscientist it's called updating ur brain on important info BRObag
  25. Registered User

you dont need to take creatine with carbs or any of that nonsense.......you can mix 5g in water and you'll absorb it just fine.
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  188 lbs.

well you obvisiously know what ur talkin about
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  155 lbs.

Aggre creatine any time a day !!
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.

I take 3 times a day about 5g each,
    Morning with my shake
    Pre w/o or mid day
    Before bed
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagged01 View Post
    I take 3 times a day about 5g each,Morning with my shakePre w/o or mid dayBefore bed
    Why so much? You only need 3g daily to maintain saturation.
  30. Registered User

use it for both. Pre for strength and Post as a Carrier. F*** monohydrate. Ester all the way

you dont need to take creatine with carbs or any of that nonsense.......you can mix 5g in water and you'll absorb it just fine.
    Not entirly correct^

"Creatine absorbtion is enhanced when combined with a substance such as dextrose that increases insulin. This increased absorbtion can b achieved by taking creatine w grape juice or any ofther beverage high in dextrose. Injesting creatine w a meal will also provide the same effect b/c the increased insulin production. Some studies have shown that exercised muscles will absorb more creatine than non-exercised muscles." Anabolic Primer: Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder Gerard Thorne pg 356
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Uh wut? Do you take creatine ethyl ester?
  32. Registered User
  33. Registered User

kind of the same as an ester in the way that the dosing is low, no loading phase, and the pH of the Malate and ester is pretty close to you stomach acid (around 3), so more is absorbded in the small intestines
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    use it for both. Pre for strength and Post as a Carrier. F*** monohydrate. Ester all the way

Not entirly correct^
    Why do you think it matters when you are already saturated? O.o
  35. Registered User

Why do you think it matters when you are already saturated? O.o
    with the pre i only take 3g. and the post I take about 2g. The reason I do it is just all the studies that have been done on creatine, bc its such an old supplement, Creatine acts as a carrier and help saturate the muscle cells. with that being said when u use creatine, its the first thing to be used up.

In technical terms: Creatine is initially stored as creatine phosphate, and it can "donate" or give its phosphate group to ADP (adenosine diphosphate: ATP after it loses its phosphate molecule) thus converting it back to ATP which is then available as a fuel source. That fuel source is one of the first to be used up when performing high intensity exercise.(60-90 min) The lactic acid build up wreaks havoc on the saturation levels of creatine in the muscle and this is why I also use Beta Alanine and citruline malate to kill the burn.

I dont use it all the time as a post, except for big groups like legs, back, and chest. Usually I just eat my white rice and Organic beef b/c the red meat is filled with tons of natural creatine.
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.

So you tried to give me a science lesson about things i already know, as ATP usage is elementary, yet didn't really answer my question. The question is: why do you think creatine needs to be taken with sugar when we are already saturated?
  37. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam View Post
    So you tried to give me a science lesson about things i already know, as ATP usage is elementary, yet didn't really answer my question. The question is: why do you think creatine needs to be taken with sugar when we are already saturated?

thats just it, he cant answer that for you. he just knows what some fitness mags have told him apparently. like i said, BROSCIENTIST in hurrrrr
    www.iforcenutrition.com
  38. Registered User

LMAO. My bad yo. I Didnt see where u specified the sugar part of the question.

That Quote I posted

"Creatine absorbtion is enhanced when combined with a substance such as dextrose that increases insulin. This increased absorbtion can b achieved by taking creatine w grape juice or any ofther beverage high in dextrose. Injesting creatine w a meal will also provide the same effect b/c the increased insulin production. Some studies have shown that exercised muscles will absorb more creatine than non-exercised muscles." Anabolic Primer: Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder Gerard Thorne pg 356
    is from one of the Best books I have read on CURRENT Supplemental info and was just informing people of new researh. Gerard Thorne Has written I think three previous books and is a very trusted and accredited author.
  39. ax1
    Stats
    4'6"  170 lbs.
    북한 Democratic People's Republic of North Korea

Quote Originally Posted by Stri8ted25 View Post
    LMAO. My bad yo. I Didnt see where u specified the sugar part of the question.

is from one of the Best books I have read on CURRENT Supplemental info and was just informing people of new researh. Gerard Thorne Has written I think three previous books and is a very trusted and accredited author.
    Dont worry about the "new researh" creatine only needs water to carry it, but if you find sugar delicious go ahead.
    나는 2000년 10월 매들린 올브라이트 전 미 국무장관 매들린 사랑, 그 중 한 뜨거운 젠장!
  40. Registered User

thats just it, he cant answer that for you. he just knows what some fitness mags have told him apparently. like i said, BROSCIENTIST in hurrrrr
    Sorry BRO. u should check my sources (Anabolic Primer:Ergogenic Enhancement for the Hardcore Bodybuilder) b4 u get all BROsif on me. If i dont answer in the same second you post something Im to busy eating......sorry
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Creatine and Post Workout Supplements BSN Cellmass
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 09:29 PM
  2. Post Workout: creatine or protein first?
    By illgixxer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 06:37 PM
  3. post post workout meal and diet -- HELP/THOUGHTS
    By beebab in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2007, 01:08 AM
  4. Grape Juice + Creatine Post Workout
    By Bildo_21 in forum Bulking
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 12:26 PM