Help me pick a new pre-workout...if u'd like

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
looking to try somethin new, i always switch it up after i run out of whatever i get cuz i get used to them. tomorrow is week 4 in pct and im have maybe 5 servings left in my maniac tub. lookin for somethin with an explosive pump, superpump250 was an all time favorite but had the worst sh**s on it. im just looking for a crazy pump and not too expensive. woulda liked to log somethin in the promo section but looks like companies already had their promos

my choices are:
Xpand Xtreme
SuperpumpMax (heard you dont get the upset stomach in this)
JetFuse NOX
Assault
NO Shotgun
Green magnitude would be nice but cant afford it

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
SuperPump Max or Assault would be my choices if I had to stay within the constraints of that list.

OJay

OJay

Awards
I know it's not in the list but have you tried anabolic designs stampede? One of the best all-round ive tried for focus and pump I love it

steppinRazor

Awards
Not on the list, but im using Lit-Up right now and loving it. also has a full dose of DAA in it which might be a nice boost for the end of your PCT

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are going for pump look for something with a nitrate. Some favorites are Yok3d and Pump-Bol

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
SuperPump Max or Assault would be my choices if I had to stay within the constraints of that list.
i really wanna see how superpump max is cuz 250 was awesome. ima see if i could find some samples of it to see if it messes with my stomach. im gonna wait on assault

I know it's not in the list but have you tried anabolic designs stampede? One of the best all-round ive tried for focus and pump I love it
im likin the ingredient list but its over my budget cuz i need to pick up some more creatine mono and protein also

Not on the list, but im using Lit-Up right now and loving it. also has a full dose of DAA in it which might be a nice boost for the end of your PCT
i tried lit up and loved it but after 2 weeks i didnt feel it anymore. i also heard they only use 250mg of DAA in it, maybe i was mistaken.

No love for n2kts??
plenty of love bro lol but my wallets not lovin it. i was gonna ask, how much beta alanine and l-arginine is in it?

If you are going for pump look for something with a nitrate. Some favorites are Yok3d and Pump-Bol
have tried yok3d and it was ok, better pump than maniac, jack3d and others. pump-bol? hmmmmmm beta alanine nitrate? this caught my eye. i am a beta alanine freak. im gonna see if i could find a sample, i really wanna try it now.

final choices:
superpump max
pump-bol
n2kts
Green Magnitude if i could find it at a reasonable price

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like Superpump Max over sp250. I actually think Max is one of my favorites.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
I like Superpump Max over sp250. I actually think Max is one of my favorites.
did u get the runs on 250 like me? lol every 5 minutes i had to run to the bathroom and a couple times i couldnt even make it.

OH SNAP!!!!!!!! Purus is doin a promo on muscle marinade, submitted my app and man i hope i get chosen. get up on this fellas

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
did u get the runs on 250 like me? lol every 5 minutes i had to run to the bathroom and a couple times i couldnt even make it.

OH SNAP!!!!!!!! Purus is doin a promo on muscle marinade, submitted my app and man i hope i get chosen. get up on this fellas
Nope, but I'm usually pretty tolerant to supps. However, I have tried them both extensively and think that Max is superior IMO.

Ajerone

Banned
Awards
If your limited to that list only, you don't have many choices...

if your willing to open the horizons...

WFv2
Animal Rage
BCS Labs Phenom Amped powder

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
ASSAULT...

hands down my favorite. I have tried soooo many and must say Assault has what I want in it... Beta Alanine which a lot of them lack is on the tops of my list of must be in my pre and Assault delivers. No jitters, no crash... just pure destroy the weights effects.

edit: sorry just noticed looking for a pump - dont get much of a 'pump' from Assault but I dont care.. pump is overrated imho.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
We use 1.55 grams of DAA per scoop in Lit-Up, LOL- dunno where the 250 mg came from

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
Nope, but I'm usually pretty tolerant to supps. However, I have tried them both extensively and think that Max is superior IMO.
someone sendin me some samples so cant wait to try it

Green MAG!
thats whats up lol such a crazy pump on it

If your limited to that list only, you don't have many choices...

if your willing to open the horizons...

WFv2
Animal Rage
BCS Labs Phenom Amped powder
my cousin just picked up some animal rage, im gonna wait to see what he thinks about it

ASSAULT...

hands down my favorite. I have tried soooo many and must say Assault has what I want in it... Beta Alanine which a lot of them lack is on the tops of my list of must be in my pre and Assault delivers. No jitters, no crash... just pure destroy the weights effects.

edit: sorry just noticed looking for a pump - dont get much of a 'pump' from Assault but I dont care.. pump is overrated imho.
pump overrated? lmao thats funny

We use 1.55 grams of DAA per scoop in Lit-Up, LOL- dunno where the 250 mg came from
then i was mistaken lol sorry. i read it on another thread, guess the guy that mentioned it was a moron. but i do wanna give the cherry citrus a try, sounds so good

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hey brother the cherry citrus tastes amazing you won't be disappointed :) Also Keep in mind that our Cherry Citrus flavor has been updated and we are now using a natural coloring instead of red dye.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
mesomorph, lit-up, adamantium, 1mr are good also Asgt in which people forget about....talking about it ima order a tub lol

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Stim free pump city:
green mag+ glycergrow

Stim pump city:
brand new white flood v2!

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I havent tried the new Superpump. I am not a gaspari fan but I am interested to give it a run. NO shotgun just throw out the window. Straight up. I tried a sample of JetFuse, I like it. Not as crazy as some others on the market but a good choice nonetheless.

From my personal collection I would recommend the following: Lit Up, Drive, BlackCat, Chaotic Rage, Focus XT
It looks like, judging from your choice, you want something like an NO for pumps? How about AppNut's RPM?

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my fav are Lit up, Meso, SuperPump.

I hate assault, i hate the new version of Shotgun. if you can get your hands on the original shotgun, then go for it. that beats out ANY pre workout on the market IMO.

i have never been a fan of any of the others you have listed, and i have tried them all.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Non 1,3 Dime I use Lit-Up and with it I like MaximizeV2

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
White flood v2
Lit-up
Focus xt
Novem
in no real order

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I have been on Mesomorph for the past 2 weeks. I am not a huge fan at all. I was really hoping I would like it.

SNS Focus XT with Agmatine is nice.

I will probably give Assault a try in the near future.

laneanders

laneanders

Awards
Big fan of SAN FIERCE right now personally, although I like a lot of others as well.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
looking to try somethin new, i always switch it up after i run out of whatever i get cuz i get used to them. tomorrow is week 4 in pct and im have maybe 5 servings left in my maniac tub. lookin for somethin with an explosive pump, superpump250 was an all time favorite but had the worst sh**s on it. im just looking for a crazy pump and not too expensive. woulda liked to log somethin in the promo section but looks like companies already had their promos

my choices are:
Xpand Xtreme
SuperpumpMax (heard you dont get the upset stomach in this)
JetFuse NOX
Assault
NO Shotgun
Green magnitude would be nice but cant afford it
Of what you listed (before you changed it later - yes, I saw it), I recommend Assault - hands down, nothing comes close, preworkout product available, IMO. As far as pumps, I get some decent pumps using Assault, even though the bulk of my training re sets/reps is not really optimal for or focused on getting pumps - which you can also get simply by manipulating your training and nutrition around it. Or, if you want to, use something like AnaBeta pre-training - it gives sick pumps, and would be useful during PCT.

I will probably give Assault a try in the near future.
I'm pretty confident you will like it :)

~Rosie~

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Food and a cup of green tea or coffee

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Food and a cup of green tea or coffee
Im on this "no supps" kick with the exception of Glycobol and Xtract.. so far Dunkin Donuts coffee and a full meal before hand have been my trick.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'm seriously leaning to just food these days...even better fasted so brekky at 7am (steak, sweet potato(+cinnamon), coconut milk), train at 12 before lunch...which is chicken thighs,salad with sweet potato and lemon apple cider vinegar and olive oil... perfect...

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I wake up at 3am for work, work 10 hours day...I need a pick-me-up before the gym. White Flood does it for me without keeping me awake half the night. I find that one works best in my situation.

Coffee/green tea may work for some people, but not for me :) lol

John33

Awards
I recommend Assault - hands down, nothing comes close, preworkout product available, IMO.
Could you elaborate a little on why you like it? I do not know if you have tried Ultima, Fierce and Mesomorph, but if you have, it would be very interesting to hear how it compares to them. Thanks.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you elaborate a little on why you like it? I do not know if you have tried Ultima, Fierce and Mesomorph, but if you have, it would be very interesting to hear how it compares to them. Thanks.
For my comprehensive thoughts and experience, read my Review on Assault - you're new here, so you won't be as familiar with my history, but that should explain things pretty well for you. Non-stim, specific preworkouts would be useless for me, so I've never used Ultima, and I have never been inclined to try SANS products, so I have never used Fierce - I only use products that either a) have a promising ingredient profile (backed by science) or b) will be beneficial for me re goals and needs, and once I have found a product that works WITH my body, I often will not change it for another. I have used Mesomorph and you can find the link to my review here.

~Rosie~

Stri8ted25

Stri8ted25

Awards
anything with a lot of beta alanine(3 grams) and citruline malate. I enjoy Purple Wrath and a cup of coffee, split up.lol

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Im very interested in Assualt. Just wondering is it a "one scoop" style PWO? or will you end up taking three after a couple of times?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Im very interested in Assualt. Just wondering is it a "one scoop" style PWO? or will you end up taking three after a couple of times?
Actually a SERVING of Assault is only HALF a scoop. Dosing recommendations are 1-2 servings. I personally use only a single serving and have never had to increase it to get and keep effects from Assault (and I've been using it on a daily basis now since the start of January) - the ONLY preworkout product that I have used where I have NOT ended up either ridiculously overdosing it and/or stacking it with something else, which says a LOT!

~Rosie~

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I do my own homemade concoction

5 grams of creatine monohydrate
10 grams BCAA
5 grams glycerol monostearate
5 grams beta alanine

add 2 cups of water and some crystal light

OPTIONAL: slin-sane or glycobol if you have a good amount of carbs

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established

10 grams BCAA
5 grams beta alanine

That sounds amazing. Im running Glycobol now and find it great for preworkout - even with minimal carb intakes.

Im such a chemist - I like mixing stuff up and making concoctions.

Last edited:
R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
send one of the reps your addy and we will get u out samples of lit up. sorry, i havent read what everyone else has said. idk if u have spoken about lit up or not. just responding to the title of the thread.

John33

Awards
For my comprehensive thoughts and experience, read my Review on Assault - you're new here, so you won't be as familiar with my history, but that should explain things pretty well for you. Non-stim, specific preworkouts would be useless for me, so I've never used Ultima, and I have never been inclined to try SANS products, so I have never used Fierce - I only use products that either a) have a promising ingredient profile (backed by science) or b) will be beneficial for me re goals and needs, and once I have found a product that works WITH my body, I often will not change it for another. I have used Mesomorph and you can find the link to my review here.

~Rosie~
Understood.

Have you ever used Anabolic Pump or Need2Slin?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Understood.

Have you ever used Anabolic Pump or Need2Slin?
I have not - again, another two products in categories that I use a better option with for my body.

~Rosie~

John33

Awards
I have not - again, another two products in categories that I use a better option with for my body.

~Rosie~
Could you share the product(s) name(s) that you prefer in that category?

Also, I just finished reading your Assault review. In that thread you said:
However, it's not just about the caffeine, and the ingredient that makes Assault work for me is the Suma Root - which is truly "magic" and amazingly beneficial for an individual like me.
You have mentioned the Suma Root several times in that thread, which begs the following question: Have you tried using the Suma Root as a standalone product?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am going to give Assault a try as soon as the funds allow it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you share the product(s) name(s) that you prefer in that category?

Also, I just finished reading your Assault review. In that thread you said: You have mentioned the Suma Root several times in that thread, which begs the following question: Have you tried using the Suma Root as a standalone product?
Even though not one, AnaBeta as the best effects of any product, even better than specific nutrient repartitioners/insulin mimics. As far as specifics in that category, Recompadrol is the best one I have used (it's only missing one ingredient to make it the ultimate insulin mimetic, IMO). Last but not least, NeoVar Recomped is the other product that I would recommend if asked for this category.

No, I have not used the Suma Root as a standalone product, but I have used the Assault formula with Suma Root and the Assault formula without Suma Root and notice the difference (which I noted in my training/supplementation log at the time - and yes, all other factors were the same). I know my body very well and even the slightest change in something I will notice and usually pinpoint the cause.

Interesting choice of quote, since I explained in my "Overall" score: "Assault is the FIRST preworkout product that I have ever used that I used the RECOMMENDED dosage and saw results. It is also the ONLY preworkout product that I have ever used STANDALONE and NOT stacked with multiple stimulant products. The fact that I was FUNCTIONAL on ALL levels withOUT having ANY additional stimulants aside from the minimal caffeine in Assault is the primary reason why Assault fast became my #1 preworkout product of choice and the only one I will use, and my FIRST EQUAL FAVOURITE PRODUCT EVER! For the first time I am NOT using stimulants and I am NOT going into withdrawal, training intensity is awesome and I can breathe well without 'help', my fitness re endurance and speed endurance and strength are on the rise, and my recovery has been awesome using only HALF my regular dosage of IGF-2 - the results speak for themselves! Definitely the inclusion of Suma Root in Assault makes the difference, working synergistically with the Rhodiola Rosea in IGF-2 (I dose these products 60-90 minutes apart), and cumulative effects make for constant progress and improvement on all fronts."

~Rosie~

John33

Awards
Even though not one, AnaBeta as the best effects of any product, even better than specific nutrient repartitioners/insulin mimics.
It just so happens that I have ordered AnaBeta from Nutra a few days ago.

As far as specifics in that category, Recompadrol is the best one I have used (it's only missing one ingredient to make it the ultimate insulin mimetic, IMO).
What is it missing?

No, I have not used the Suma Root as a standalone product, but I have used the Assault formula with Suma Root and the Assault formula without Suma Root and notice the difference (which I noted in my training/supplementation log at the time - and yes, all other factors were the same). I know my body very well and even the slightest change in something I will notice and usually pinpoint the cause.
Got it. Cannot wait to try it. I have e-mailed them and asked for a sample.

Thank you for the very helpful info.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It just so happens that I have ordered AnaBeta from Nutra a few days ago.

What is it missing?

Got it. Cannot wait to try it. I have e-mailed them and asked for a sample.

Thank you for the very helpful info.
You will thoroughly enjoy AnaBeta I am very confident - the same with the Assault (be aware that any samples are going to be those of the refomulated version without Suma Root - if you want the original version, there are still tubs of it out there) :)

Missing: Na-R-ALA.

No worries :)

~Rosie~

John33

Awards
You will thoroughly enjoy AnaBeta I am very confident - the same with the Assault (be aware that any samples are going to be those of the refomulated version without Suma Root - if you want the original version, there are still tubs of it out there) :)
Oh, thank you for mentioning it, I had no idea. Is there any other changes? Why did they take out Suma Root?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, thank you for mentioning it, I had no idea. Is there any other changes? Why did they take out Suma Root?
No worries :) Yes, there are other changes, lie more citrulline added to replace the removal of Suma Root - you only need to compare the original and reformulated ingredient profiles. The removal of Suma Root from Assault (and Recon) was made for NSF approval after it was recently publicized that Suma Root exhibits similar characteristics to various banned compounds, thus there is the possibility of testing for a false positive when being drug tested. For more information on the latest MusclePharm product formulations, check out who is stoked about the new products in their subforum.

I recommend that in the future, of you have any questions about products of sponsored companies here, to check out that company's subforum first, since it is very likely that question will have been asked and answered, if not in the product write-up and FAQ - after all, that's what they're there for.

~Rosie~

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established

10 grams BCAA
5 grams beta alanine

Yay for GMS!

SuckIt

Awards
This may sound crazy but I'm going to suggest no explode 2.0. I have literally tried everything out there, including making my own supplements. A month on the no2.0 and I like. Pumps arent that great but energy, focus, endurance (especially) are up. Even gained some strength. Just my two cents -
- suck it