BCAA Timing

John33

Awards
Hello,

I have the 4:1:1 formula, but on the bottle it does not say when to take it. What is the best way to take BCAAs on a bulk, with food or between meals?

Thanks.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most importantly around/during training.

Outside of that, between meals and before bed / after waking (if not eating immediately).

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I always take mine during training and before cardio.

John33

Awards
Outside of that, between meals and before bed / after waking (if not eating immediately).
Between meals or, say, 30 minutes before a meal? Also, since all my meals contain plenty of protein, wouldn't it be redundant to take BCAAs prior to a meal? Is that way you said to take BCAAs between meals?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Between meals or, say, 30 minutes before a meal? Also, since all my meals contain plenty of protein, wouldn't it be redundant to take BCAAs prior to a meal? Is that way you said to take BCAAs between meals?
There are going to be a lot of different schools of thought with this. For me, personally, I just use it intra-workout. Outside of that, I'd use it before bed and as soon as I woke up if any other time. A lot of guys sip on it all day long and in between meals, but I don't find it necessary to do so. It's all about preference.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sipping = fail.

Spiking = win.

2 or more hours after a meal.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
What about a product like Xtend which recommends consuming one serving during exercise? Also, which brand do you prefer?
No brand specifically, just >3.5g Leucine. If totally fasted, 2:1:1 or 4:1:1. If a meal was consumed shortly prior, then straight leucine or 8:1:1.

During exercise isn't a bad time either. It also has merit.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I take 8 1 1 pre workout but I eat 2hrs before gym and shake 1hr before

yensid

Awards
ive drank it before a workout....and after, prefer after besides i drink a pre workout drink. during workout i tend to throw my drinks around (floor,on myself, spit) so that would be a waste of money

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
ive drank it before a workout....and after, prefer after besides i drink a pre workout drink. during workout i tend to throw my drinks around (floor,on myself, spit) so that would be a waste of money
I would do BCAAs mixed in with your preworkout product before or during, not after.

Reason being is your not utilizing the endurance effect it has.

Protein and carbs are optimal post workout.