BCAA Timing

  1. BCAA Timing


    Hello,

    I have the 4:1:1 formula, but on the bottle it does not say when to take it. What is the best way to take BCAAs on a bulk, with food or between meals?

    Thanks.

  2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Most importantly around/during training.

    Outside of that, between meals and before bed / after waking (if not eating immediately).
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  3. I always take mine during training and before cardio.
    PES - PM me anytime for any questions
    "Like" us on Facebook
    Subscribe to the PES Newsletter for all Specials and Announcements
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Outside of that, between meals and before bed / after waking (if not eating immediately).
    Between meals or, say, 30 minutes before a meal? Also, since all my meals contain plenty of protein, wouldn't it be redundant to take BCAAs prior to a meal? Is that way you said to take BCAAs between meals?
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    MidwestBeast's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    Between meals or, say, 30 minutes before a meal? Also, since all my meals contain plenty of protein, wouldn't it be redundant to take BCAAs prior to a meal? Is that way you said to take BCAAs between meals?
    There are going to be a lot of different schools of thought with this. For me, personally, I just use it intra-workout. Outside of that, I'd use it before bed and as soon as I woke up if any other time. A lot of guys sip on it all day long and in between meals, but I don't find it necessary to do so. It's all about preference.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Rep | Inspire to Evolve
    AnabolicMinds Rep

  6. Sipping = fail.

    Spiking = win.

    2 or more hours after a meal.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  7. Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Sipping = fail.

    Spiking = win.

    2 or more hours after a meal.
    What about a product like Xtend which recommends consuming one serving during exercise? Also, which brand do you prefer?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    What about a product like Xtend which recommends consuming one serving during exercise? Also, which brand do you prefer?
    No brand specifically, just >3.5g Leucine. If totally fasted, 2:1:1 or 4:1:1. If a meal was consumed shortly prior, then straight leucine or 8:1:1.

    During exercise isn't a bad time either. It also has merit.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

  9. Yeah I take 8 1 1 pre workout but I eat 2hrs before gym and shake 1hr before

  10. ive drank it before a workout....and after, prefer after besides i drink a pre workout drink. during workout i tend to throw my drinks around (floor,on myself, spit) so that would be a waste of money

  11. Quote Originally Posted by yensid View Post
    ive drank it before a workout....and after, prefer after besides i drink a pre workout drink. during workout i tend to throw my drinks around (floor,on myself, spit) so that would be a waste of money
    I would do BCAAs mixed in with your preworkout product before or during, not after.

    Reason being is your not utilizing the endurance effect it has.

    Protein and carbs are optimal post workout.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
  2. BCAA and Creatine Timing
    By srocco112 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-20-2009, 04:27 PM
  3. BCAA timing????
    By pman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
  4. BCAA timing, dosing, results.....
    By Jmuls in forum Supplements
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 03:56 PM
  5. BCAA Timing...
    By Alpine in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-15-2006, 04:33 PM
Log in
Log in