BCAA Peak 12:1:1 ratio

V

VeeSix

Awards
Can't say I rely on strict BCAA supps, I usually just use my Whey which has a helping of BCAA within. I did buy some 'Holland and Barretts' High Performance BCAA Tablets, but those tablets are nearly an inch long and 1cm in diameter. There's no way I can down them!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Layne said 3 grams per hour peaks so I think its pointless to take it at a 100% serving but I think if addded 1 or 2 grams to a whey shake to make 3 grams sure but any one healthy should be getting ample amounts of leucine threw out the day from food any way.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Eat right and no need for supplementing. It reminds me of the glutamine scam.

V

VeeSix

Awards
I work 12 hour shifts so the extra bcaa as a drink would work wonders. If its in 25 dollars range I'll buy it today.
Understand the situation - some of us don't have time to focus on our body 18hrs a day and unfortunately must do mundane tasks to earn a living !! :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I, personally, wouldn't go over an 8:1:1 ratio, unless there's more research to show this being beneficial.

For the longest time, 2:1:1 was the go to.

Then came 4:1:1.

And now 8:1:1 was brought up.

Now this?

I still use 4:1:1 and am happy with that. The bigger this ratio gets, the closer it comes to supplementing straight leucine, which if my memory serves me correctly, isn't what you want in the BCAA product, because the other 2 need to be there for the leucine to have its effect, as well.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I, personally, wouldn't go over an 8:1:1 ratio, unless there's more research to show this being beneficial.

For the longest time, 2:1:1 was the go to.

Then came 4:1:1.

And now 8:1:1 was brought up.

Now this?

I still use 4:1:1 and am happy with that. The bigger this ratio gets, the closer it comes to supplementing straight leucine, which if my memory serves me correctly, isn't what you want in the BCAA product, because the other 2 need to be there for the leucine to have its effect, as well.
That's exactly how I feel about it. 4:1:1 is good and no need for a higher ratio IMO

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Seems pretty dumb since leucine needs both valine and isoleucine to work. It would be taking them from your body/food. I prefer 2-1-1

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
I always thought the 2:1:1 ratio was the tested, proven one..

I take a ridiculous amount of BCAA a day is not even funny, and if I had to pick ONE supplement
bulk BCAA would be it..

Don't mean to jack the 3d but, do you guys notice difference/improvement in
what taking higher ratio?

Because I know perfectly what BCAA do for me in the gym and
overall, I'm curious to see what a higher ratio gives more then the standard 2:1:1

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ive taken Body Mortar by AMS which is 4:1:1, ive taken Modern BCAAs by USP Labs which i think is 8:1:1, and now i have iBCAAs by PP which is 2:1:1. no noticeable difference.

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I work 12 hour shifts so the extra bcaa as a drink would work wonders. If its in 25 dollars range I'll buy it today.
I'm a nurse, working 12 hour shifts. I always sip on xtend throughout.. smart idea imo.

Mike

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a nurse, working 12 hour shifts. I always sip on xtend throughout.. smart idea imo.

Mike
I agree that sipping on a BCAA product throughout the day can be beneficial. I'd just rather see it as a 2:1:1 or 4:1:1 ratio (like what you're doing, Mike).

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ive taken Body Mortar by AMS which is 4:1:1, ive taken Modern BCAAs by USP Labs which i think is 8:1:1, and now i have iBCAAs by PP which is 2:1:1. no noticeable difference.
I'm the same way. I notice no difference between them.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea but its not that expensive 25 buzz for 40 servings I believe so I figure why not try it.
If you get some I will be curious what you think about it.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looks like yet another BCAA product. BCAAs are good, for anti-catabolic and mild anabolic purposes if you use them right

Something like 8:1:1 is definitely better than 2:1:1 IMO, but I do believe the differences we are talking about are marginal. There is no set in stone ratio. It is just a matter of:

Have saturated levels of valine and isoleucine (some get it through diet, not everyone does), otherwise leucine cant give maximal effects

More leucine the better

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't care about if its 4:1:1 or 2:1:1 or 8:1:1 i take whatever is the better sale at the time like when Modern BCAA's came out for inner circle i bought them, or when AXcell was dirt cheap i loaded up or Xtend now being cheap. I just load up on brands i trust and go with the sale, no point in worrying what the ratio is,

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Why do I feel like this is going in the same direction as razor blades. Since when was my four blade razor not good enough? This is getting a bit out of hand. Although for 25$ it might be worth my minimal curiosity. If anyone picks this up please post your thoughts.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do I feel like this is going in the same direction as razor blades. Since when was my four blade razor not good enough? This is getting a bit out of hand. Although for 25$ it might be worth my minimal curiosity. If anyone picks this up please post your thoughts.
lol that is such a good analogy

2012 - 6 blade razors

I still think the 1 blade the barbers use are best. But i stick to the electric

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
That's like saying you prefer food over bcaas. Which is my viewpoint too. That single blader barber shave is like nothing else.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice analogy and point. I agree.

And as a minor hijack, the Schick Hydro 5 is the best razor I've ever used. I only bring it up since razors were mentioned and in case any of you hate all of them as much as I do lol. I'd always been a Gillette man, but this is my favorite hands down.

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Hats off to you guys on that. I'll just stick with my 7-3 in the lab. I'm good. Too bad my commutes a hike.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I Mega dose bcaa anyway so 12 1 1 is not bad especially if it tastes good. So far this company looks good and im betting I might like it. But thats untill....stay tuned. :p
just in time for fall/winter.....

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
I like the product, the watermelon is really tasty, as far as better results, none to speak of here and I've almost finished it

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
It would take longer then one tub and I'm sure the results are a bit better. If its the same price as 8:1:1 why not drink it?
I recall reading some possible problem with a higher ratio, but I don't remember exactly where and what tbh.
I just know that the standard ratio works wonders on me so, why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed?
Dunno, I'll be honest the higher ratio BCAA always sounded like bs to me

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah thats how i feel. highest i will go is 4:1:1

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Anything outside of a 2:1:1 was originally created because Leucine was the cheapest of the three amino's. The other benefit was broscience would make people think more leucine = more results. There is a reason the research was done on 2:1:1 and not these other variations. Also a reason none of these companies claiming these products are better, have never done a study. Now these companies are in a big pickle. Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. I have a feeling a lot of companies will be making adjustments.

Look at studies that took whey protein and added leucine, then compare that to their controls of using whey protein alone. The results might surprise you. The ratio needs to be 2:1:1, period.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Anything outside of a 2:1:1 was originally created because Leucine was the cheapest of the three amino's. The other benefit was broscience would make people think more leucine = more results. There is a reason the research was done on 2:1:1 and not these other variations. Also a reason none of these companies claiming these products are better, have never done a study. Now these companies are in a big pickle. Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. I have a feeling a lot of companies will be making adjustments.

Look at studies that took whey protein and added leucine, then compare that to their controls of using whey protein alone. The results might surprise you. The ratio needs to be 2:1:1, period.
Very good post

tgass

tgass

Awards
Exactly what I thought! About lecine being the cheapest of the three. :angryfire:

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
12:1:1 is overkill in my opinion. 8:1:1 is pushing it IMO as well.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Am waiting for this, but whether they announce any changes on their labels is going to be interesting to find out.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
Am waiting for this, but whether they announce any changes on their labels is going to be interesting to find out.
As a consumer, how would you know if it was ever changed? It's now cheaper to do a 2:1:1 vs these other variations. I have a bunch of products, some that are prop blends, will be fun testing them to compare/contrast the changes if any. With BA's ups and downs, wouldn't surprise me if there are changes there as well. The patent holders on BA are loading up for a fight. Leucine, anything arginine based and obviously protein prices are rising quarterly.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
As a consumer, how would you know if it was ever changed? It's now cheaper to do a 2:1:1 vs these other variations. I have a bunch of products, some that are prop blends, will be fun testing them to compare/contrast the changes if any. With BA's ups and downs, wouldn't surprise me if there are changes there as well. The patent holders on BA are loading up for a fight. Leucine, anything arginine based and obviously protein prices are rising quarterly.
awesome just like with everything else....everything is becoming less affordable. No wonder why Americans are sick...no one can afford to buy quality food and supplements. or they just dont care :D most of its the latter.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
That is what I was getting at.