BCAA Peak 12:1:1 ratio

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Board Sponsor
    R1balla's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,975
    Rep Power
    4209591
    Level
    89
    Lv. Percent
    32.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    yeah thats how i feel. highest i will go is 4:1:1
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com



  2. Banned
    1Fast400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

    Anything outside of a 2:1:1 was originally created because Leucine was the cheapest of the three amino's. The other benefit was broscience would make people think more leucine = more results. There is a reason the research was done on 2:1:1 and not these other variations. Also a reason none of these companies claiming these products are better, have never done a study. Now these companies are in a big pickle. Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. I have a feeling a lot of companies will be making adjustments.

    Look at studies that took whey protein and added leucine, then compare that to their controls of using whey protein alone. The results might surprise you. The ratio needs to be 2:1:1, period.
  3. Board Sponsor
    WhatsaRoid?'s Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,428
    Rep Power
    3651
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    73.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    Anything outside of a 2:1:1 was originally created because Leucine was the cheapest of the three amino's. The other benefit was broscience would make people think more leucine = more results. There is a reason the research was done on 2:1:1 and not these other variations. Also a reason none of these companies claiming these products are better, have never done a study. Now these companies are in a big pickle. Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. I have a feeling a lot of companies will be making adjustments.

    Look at studies that took whey protein and added leucine, then compare that to their controls of using whey protein alone. The results might surprise you. The ratio needs to be 2:1:1, period.
    Very good post
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

    FACEBOOK FAN PAGE:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Applie...ls/64122223218
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    tgass's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    31
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    217
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    17.89%

    Thumbs down


    Exactly what I thought! About lecine being the cheapest of the three.

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    Anything outside of a 2:1:1 was originally created because Leucine was the cheapest of the three amino's. The other benefit was broscience would make people think more leucine = more results. There is a reason the research was done on 2:1:1 and not these other variations. Also a reason none of these companies claiming these products are better, have never done a study. Now these companies are in a big pickle. Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. I have a feeling a lot of companies will be making adjustments.

    Look at studies that took whey protein and added leucine, then compare that to their controls of using whey protein alone. The results might surprise you. The ratio needs to be 2:1:1, period.
  5. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,440
    Rep Power
    953147
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    89.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    12:1:1 is overkill in my opinion. 8:1:1 is pushing it IMO as well.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  6. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8380
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    Anything outside of a 2:1:1 was originally created because Leucine was the cheapest of the three amino's. The other benefit was broscience would make people think more leucine = more results. There is a reason the research was done on 2:1:1 and not these other variations. Also a reason none of these companies claiming these products are better, have never done a study. Now these companies are in a big pickle. Leucine has doubled in the past 6 months. I have a feeling a lot of companies will be making adjustments.
    Am waiting for this, but whether they announce any changes on their labels is going to be interesting to find out.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  7. Banned
    1Fast400's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    560
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    19
    Lv. Percent
    11.73%

    Quote Originally Posted by Robboe View Post
    Am waiting for this, but whether they announce any changes on their labels is going to be interesting to find out.
    As a consumer, how would you know if it was ever changed? It's now cheaper to do a 2:1:1 vs these other variations. I have a bunch of products, some that are prop blends, will be fun testing them to compare/contrast the changes if any. With BA's ups and downs, wouldn't surprise me if there are changes there as well. The patent holders on BA are loading up for a fight. Leucine, anything arginine based and obviously protein prices are rising quarterly.
  8. Elite Member
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    7,440
    Rep Power
    953147
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    89.17%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    As a consumer, how would you know if it was ever changed? It's now cheaper to do a 2:1:1 vs these other variations. I have a bunch of products, some that are prop blends, will be fun testing them to compare/contrast the changes if any. With BA's ups and downs, wouldn't surprise me if there are changes there as well. The patent holders on BA are loading up for a fight. Leucine, anything arginine based and obviously protein prices are rising quarterly.
    awesome just like with everything else....everything is becoming less affordable. No wonder why Americans are sick...no one can afford to buy quality food and supplements. or they just dont care most of its the latter.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  9. Handsome and intelligent
    Robboe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,927
    Rep Power
    8380
    Level
    47
    Lv. Percent
    52.56%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Fast400 View Post
    As a consumer, how would you know if it was ever changed? It's now cheaper to do a 2:1:1 vs these other variations. I have a bunch of products, some that are prop blends, will be fun testing them to compare/contrast the changes if any. With BA's ups and downs, wouldn't surprise me if there are changes there as well. The patent holders on BA are loading up for a fight. Leucine, anything arginine based and obviously protein prices are rising quarterly.
    That is what I was getting at.
    The Driven Blog
    Follow DS on Facebook and Twitter!

    Craze™ is NOW AVAILABLE!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:07 PM
  2. MuscleMeds Amino Decanate (10:1:1 BCAA ratio)
    By cham in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 12:04 AM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 01:37 AM
  4. What age does a bodybuilder peak?
    By James in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:46 PM
  5. How To Peak For Your Big Day
    By Sheesh in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2003, 12:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in