Haven't felt the need to take a dump since I started creatine (36 hours ago).

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
Should I be worried?

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Creatine can dry you out and constipation (especially if you are somone like me who is regular like clockwork) can be a sign of dehydration. My first recommendation would be to increase you h20 intake. How much are you drinking in a day? Also, be sure to incorporate roughage like lettuce, spinach, cabbage, celery etc into your diet along with a healthy amount of fiber. Saw, your post about how often you can eat even if you can eat enough fiber often you can pick up some metamucil. It tastes fine, stirs into water with a spoon or shaken and it can really help. All it is is extra fiber, not a laxative or anything like that. So no worries about crapping your pants. Just follow the directions. Use laxatives as a last resort as they are not the healthiest ways to bowel movements b

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
it doesn't really dry you out as much as it just causes more of the water to be retained intramuscularly. This leaves less to be stored in the colon, causing constipation. The sole purpose of most laxatives is to force more water into the colon.

I digress....yes, make sure you up your water intake accordingly when starting creatine.

steppinRazor

Awards
Weird..seems like I shît 8 times a day on creatine

crackerdoctor

crackerdoctor

Awards
I'm taking in more water than usual, but I think I'll increase my intake as well. I drink about 7 or 8 glasses a day as is. I'll probably pick up some metamucil tomorrow while I'm out, thanks for that. Really thanks for the reasoning behind, I want to learn as much as the next guy.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
at least a gallon to a gallon and a half a day bro

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prunes, Oatmeal and plenty of water will get you back on track. Do it on a day you squat or deadlift to get things really moving.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Water and fiber. Do it. Do it now!

1-1.5 gallons of water and ~30g fiber a day.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rather than quoting everyone I'll just say.. there is a consensece. More water and fiber... but please do not forget roughage.

Makaveli... so true... What I was saying (but keeping simple which I'm sure you can pick up on) was a drying out for purpose. If too much water is retained somewhere is can cause an issue with somewhere else that needs water. Just trying to keep answers short. Especially since my last one was on an iphone..lol Creatine can dehydrate a person in a sense, even though you are taking in good water... if lack of h20 to any body function is an issue in a general sense it's still dehydration.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Water and fiber. Do it. Do it now!

1-1.5 gallons of water and ~30g fiber a day.
Yes, I avg. at least 4-5 liters of water a day. Thats and average, if I took some crazy supp or worked harder it only goes up