Gymnema PostWorkout???

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Just want to get the general consensus for using Gymnema Sylvestre PostWorkout??

PostWorkout will look like this during Bulk.....
50g Whey Isolate
20g Dextrose
20g Maltodextrin
10g Creatine Mono
1 Banana
200mg NaRala
200mcg Chromium Polynicotinate

Would you add 350mg, 75%Extract Gymnema?
Would you add 1000mg Cinnamon Extract?

PostWorkout shake will serve as Meal #3 in a series of 7 daily meals.
Daily Carb intake won't go over 200g on Training days. (Carb Sensitive)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PWO; your muscle cells are more insulin sensitive so as a rule, no. Blood sugar can already be low PWO (in some) so glucose disposal agents aka GDA's that drive them lower may be unwise/unsensible.

That said, if you are insulin resistant, or a low carb guy (who adds carbs pwo-only) and therefore not (acutely) efficient at metabolizing carbs; GDA's may help. if you still plan to play around with these GDA's; keep a pulse on your blood sugar. If it is too low or if you "feel" hypo, discontinue use.

The amount of carbs you mentioned using "ordinarily" would not require such an adjunctive approach; unless again as stated above, you have acute or chronic sugar metabolism issues. I will reference an example for you to validate my point. I'm a low carb guy and if I had the ~60 grams of carbs in one dose PWO; I'd be a freaking mess; but I am in the minority here.

PS: I agree with Easy - 5 grams of Leucine would be ideal. For a low carb guy like me. 25 grams of PWO carbs alongside eucine would suffice.

Good luck

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
PWO; your muscle cells are more insulin sensitive so as a rule, no. Blood sugar can already be low PWO (in some) so glucose disposal agents aka GDA's that drive them lower may be unwise/unsensible.

That said, if you are insulin resistant, or a low carb guy (who adds carbs pwo-only) and therefore not (acutely) efficient at metabolizing carbs; GDA's may help. if you still plan to play around with these GDA's; keep a pulse on your blood sugar. If it is too low or if you "feel" hypo, discontinue use.

The amount of carbs you mentioned using "ordinarily" would not require such an adjunctive approach; unless again as stated above, you have acute or chronic sugar metabolism issues. I will reference an example for you to validate my point. I'm a low carb guy and if I had the ~60 grams of carbs in one dose PWO; I'd be a freaking mess; but I am in the minority here.

PS: I agree with Easy - 5 grams of Leucine would be ideal. For a low carb guy like me. 25 grams of PWO carbs alongside eucine would suffice.

Good luck
Agree with most of this post, great stuff.

One thing I would point out is that low carbers should absolutely NOT use gymnema sylvestre during their scheduled carb feedings (unless it is a refeed day), as it will block carbohydrate absorption and mess with their performance.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks.
PS:Had no clue gymnema it acted counter-intuitively way with lo-carbers. Thanks!

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses......This definitely helps a lot.

Would you use Gymnema as a GDA for meals other than PostWorkout?
Meal 1 consists of roughly 50-60g Carbs (Oatmeal & Ezekiel)
Meal 2 consists of roughly 30g Carbs (PreWorkout/Oatmeal)
Meal 4 consists of roughly 30g Carbs (Oatmeal or BlackBeans)

I was considering using Gymnema, RALA, Vanadyl, and ChromiumPolynicotine for Meal 1, and just Vanadyl and ChromiumPoly for Meal 2 and 4.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Options???

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks for the responses......This definitely helps a lot.

Would you use Gymnema as a GDA for meals other than PostWorkout?
Meal 1 consists of roughly 50-60g Carbs (Oatmeal & Ezekiel)
Meal 2 consists of roughly 30g Carbs (PreWorkout/Oatmeal)
Meal 4 consists of roughly 30g Carbs (Oatmeal or BlackBeans)

I was considering using Gymnema, RALA, Vanadyl, and ChromiumPolynicotine for Meal 1, and just Vanadyl and ChromiumPoly for Meal 2 and 4.

Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Options???
A. Yeah you can use gymnema for other meals, just don't use it for your primary meal intended for glycogen resynthesis, or you risk dropping intensity in the gym.

B. Don't use vanadyl, it's toxic.

C. Chromium is next to useless for these GDA effects, but if you already have it, go for it.

R-Ala/Na-R-Ala and Agmatine would be bested suited for your goals.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Agree with most of this post, great stuff.

One thing I would point out is that low carbers should absolutely NOT use gymnema sylvestre during their scheduled carb feedings (unless it is a refeed day), as it will block carbohydrate absorption and mess with their performance.
AND there rebuilding!
i totally agree.
I LOVE needtoslin but i would npot use it right after a workout with my PostWO drink
i wait a couple hrs then use it. :)

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks.
PS:Had no clue gymnema it acted counter-intuitively way with lo-carbers. Thanks!
It has been a misconception for years; many thought it allowed them to store more carbs intramuscular.

Mike

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Great info in this thread....lots of overlooked topics that users should be more aware of

KtchnChmst

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for ALL the responses.

Mr.Cooper69......
-I've read alot of different things about the use of Vanadyl and Chromium.......There's been alot of good info regarding the use of 10mg Vanadyl + 200mcg ChromiumPolyNicotinate for it's potential "GDA" effects, especially during a refeed on MuscularDevelopment and RxMuscle. But I'm not really interested in the debate over Vanadyl and ChroPolyNicotinate.......
Could you elaborate more on the use/supplementation of Agmatine as a potential GDA??
And, do you think RALA/NaRALA should be dosed according to Carb intake??
If so, what would be the "ratio"? How many RALA MGs per Grams Carbs????

Thank you again sir.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Thanks for ALL the responses.

Mr.Cooper69......
-I've read alot of different things about the use of Vanadyl and Chromium.......There's been alot of good info regarding the use of 10mg Vanadyl + 200mcg ChromiumPolyNicotinate for it's potential "GDA" effects, especially during a refeed on MuscularDevelopment and RxMuscle. But I'm not really interested in the debate over Vanadyl and ChroPolyNicotinate.......
Could you elaborate more on the use/supplementation of Agmatine as a potential GDA??
And, do you think RALA/NaRALA should be dosed according to Carb intake??
If so, what would be the "ratio"? How many RALA MGs per Grams Carbs????

Thank you again sir.
Eh, here's what I'd do.

First, if you recall MAN Blueprint (R-Ala + Agmatine), both act on blood glucose similarly.

Following in the footprints of blueprint, I'd recommend 300mg R-Ala + 1g agmatine before your highest carb meal, regardless of the amount of carbs. Ala has a very long half-life (relatively) and its effects will extend to subsequent meals as well.