SNS Agmatine verses USP Yoked for vasodilation/pumps

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
SNS Agmatine verses USP Yoked Proprietary Blend: (arginine nitrate, vitis vinifera L. [Powergrape®], trichopus zeylanicus [whole plant] extract)

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ummmmmmm........... :p

Agmatine & The Athlete

Agmatine is a pain fighter. This can be beneficial to the athlete in two ways:
It can potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recuperation from injury.
It has the potential to aid post-workout recovery.

Agmatine enhances insulin production leading to better insulin response. This allows for positive effects in attaining body composition goals. Better insulin response means a harder and leaner more muscular body.

Agmatine acts on various hypothalamic and pituitary peptide hormones such as LH and GH. These will have subsequent effects on other hormones like IGF-1. Control of the hormonal environment of the athlete and you will perform better, look better and feel better.

Agmatine possesses anxiolytic (relieves anxiety) and antidepressant properties offering potential control of cortisol levels in the stressful life of the athlete.

Agmatine modulates nitric oxide (NO) through different ways. It stimulates some types of nitric oxide synthase (NOS) while inhibiting others. This is essential to the proper functioning of the polyamine biosynthetic pathways.

Agmatine acts on catecholamine (Epinephrine > Norepinephrine > Dopamine) release. These endogenous compounds are part of nearly every action in the body. Most notably for the athlete is the role that this compound would ultimately have in both energy production and aiding anticipation of the stress afforded by competition. However, there are also well-established roles that epinephrine can have on the body that includes:

Increasing endurance
Enhancing performance
Decreasing body fat

Agmatine has an antioxidant role. There can be no greater source of free-radical build up than that seen in the day-to-day activity of the athlete. The sheer stress that the body takes on when in you're an athlete in the trenches (i.e. - the gym, the field, etc...) could ultimately have significant detrimental effects with continued build up. Agmatine can offer protection from the undesired effects that free radicals can have on the body.

For the athlete desiring body composition change, Agmatine has an independent role of insulin and testosterone management on lipid (fat) metabolism.

Agmatine possesses nootropic effects (it acts as a "novel" neurotransmitter). This can offer the athlete a potential mental edge to prepare for various events.

Agmatine can aid in kidney function by stimulating the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). This can bode the bodybuilder well as various nitrogenous waste products are removed through this system.

Agmatine harbors a hypotensive role which could assist the exogenously-enhanced athlete in keeping blood pressure in check.

Agmatine & The Life Extensionist

Agmatine has a neuroprotective role. The life extensionist will likely see this as a positive effect in cases of such chronic diseases as Alzheimer's Dementia. This is thought to originate through a couple of mechanisms, but most notably its prevention of over-excitation by glutamate and its antioxidant roles.

Agmatine can assist in chronic pain management. Sufferers of things such as chronic degenerative diseases that do not get adequate relief from various pharmaceutical analgesic agents may see agmatine as the ideal adjunct to their current treatment
Agmatine's antioxidant role has significant impact on one of the unifying themes of aging in oxidative stress accumulation and its contribution to the aging individual.

Agmatine may possess a role in cancer prevention via its modulation of all polyamine biosynthetic pathways. This effect may be limited to vascular growths via smooth muscle cell overgrowth. Control of cell growth can be attributed to two different pathways:
A membrane receptor controlled pathway
A pathway dependent on cellular polyamine content

As mentioned earlier, agmatine imparts action on various hypothalamic and pituitary peptide hormones such as LH and GH. Control of the hormonal environment of the anti-aging medicine enthusiast can point rather quickly at the positive effects this can have.

Agmatine can aid in kidney function by stimulating the glomerular filtration rate (GFR) which can positively impact those suffering from chronic kidney diseases.

Agmatine enhances insulin production leading to better insulin response. As we grow older this impacts glycation. Glycation is the process where sugars attach to blood proteins and results in a complex series of rearrangements and oxidative reactions leading to advanced glycation end-products (AGEs).

It is this complex series of events that agmatine hits at its core and could prove synergistic with other molecules (i.e. - carnosine) in our fight to remain young.

Agmatine's hypotensive role has implications here as our continued assurance of fending off the cardiovascular sequelae that offer the deleterious effects of metabolic derangements such as the virtually epidemic diabetes and obesity run rampant

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am taking Agmatine right now, really enjoy it. I havent tried Yoked tho.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
The only thing...and I mean ONLY thing about Yoked that even slightly interests me is the PowerGrape component. Other than that there is nothing about it that intrigues me. Agmatine for the win!!

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am an older dude (40's) and the health benefits are appealing.

I just might need to add to my arsenal as a multiple-daily-dosing supp (besides just pre-w/o).

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried Yoked specifically but I notice a huge difference between any arginine that I've tried and agmatine sulfate. I first tried agmatine in Hemavol and loved it. I also like that SNS Agmatine is strictly agmatine sulfate. Makes it easy to dose as you want and with whatever else you prefer.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yoked sucked for me. It did nothing, but then again the only usp product I have ever liked or noticed anything from was modern bcaa. I have not tried sns's product but have used hemavol witch I love

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Yok3d seems poorly formulated to begin with (although unlike others, I definitely appreciate the inclusion of powergrape). Agmatine confers a ton of benefits besides a pump, most notably nutrient partitioning and mood uplift, at least for me.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
Yok3d seems poorly formulated to begin with (although unlike others, I definitely appreciate the inclusion of powergrape). Agmatine confers a ton of benefits besides a pump, most notably nutrient partitioning and mood uplift, at least for me.
actually count me in,I like it. I prefer to take it solo plus 4 caps of agmatine ;)

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sns Agmatine .. I was pretty excited about yoked, but it didn't do too much for me .. But I got a free tub of jacked .. So it was worth it I guess lol

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
very informative thread...
Haven't tried Yok3d, but have tried Cellucor's Black Chrome which is also Arg. nitrate, decent pumps...but Agmatine is the definite winner in my books what with pumps + all the other benefits listed...I've been experimenting the last week or so using 3 caps preWO, then 2 caps postWO to reap all benefits of pre/post dosings...

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I took mine last night, slept like a baby :D

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried Agmatine as post .. But I'm sure it works wonders .. I believe Agmatine is also in protocol(post workout)

Gonna try it out post/ pre bed maybe next month .. Stay pump'd 24/7 lol

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I ran a log of the Agmatine, it helped give me some decent pumps and for someone like me who has to work HARD to get good pumps, that speaks volumes for it. I did have to take 6 pills for it to really show its effectiveness though. Yoked is a joke, USP went the wrong way a while ago.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I havent heard anything out of USP in forever. What happened to them? I always enjoy reading their funny Ads in Muscle Mags.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I easily get the best pump from Agmatine.

Agmatine + Arginine EE is fun too. :D

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This stuff sounds like a good pre-bed supp as well for those of us who have issues falling to sleep (anti-anxiety) along with restful sleep properties imparted from the GH-fascilitation. Good stuff.

The implications from an increases insulin-sensitive enviroment is appealing as well.

Two reasons this will be a staple for me:
1) The increases GFR is especially appealing for me! Many bodybuilders have a LOW GFR and dont even know it (due to excessive protein consumption and/or hypertension) and he cumulative deleterious effects this "can" have on bodybuilders's kidneys.
2) The hypotensive effect (I am always borderline high blood pressure-wise)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take my pre-bed:D

NomZ

NomZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love me some Agmatine, take it mainly on off days for the fullness and health benefits.

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I ran a log of the Agmatine, it helped give me some decent pumps and for someone like me who has to work HARD to get good pumps, that speaks volumes for it. I did have to take 6 pills for it to really show its effectiveness though. Yoked is a joke, USP went the wrong way a while ago.
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I've only gone up to 6 caps a few times, and every time I have, the pumps have been painful and sometimes actually impeded on the workout. I keep it at 4 caps for a great pump that doesn't interfere.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it. I've only gone up to 6 caps a few times, and every time I have, the pumps have been painful and sometimes actually impeded on the workout. I keep it at 4 caps for a great pump that doesn't interfere.
I had that once when I dosed agmatine with ArA. My arms hurt so much I actually had to stop!

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I love 1-2 caps a day for the health and mood benefits!!

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I havent gotten painful pumps from Agma, just nice clean pumps with awesome vascularity.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I had that once when I dosed agmatine with ArA. My arms hurt so much I actually had to stop!
Now that seems like a nice stack :)
it does doesn't it? ;)
I can vouch for that as being 'THE pump stack'....I've nearing the end of an ArA run, have been dosing 3-4 agmatine caps, 4 caps XF, 3-4 grams Glycergrow & 2 caps Anabeta...like a balloon is being inflated within minutes just from warming up & stretching...

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've tried yok3d & played with the dosing.
I'm have to buy a bottle of agmatine and see if this stuff is really worth it and if your pumped during lifting and feel more harder around the clock....

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've tried yok3d & played with the dosing.
I'm have to buy a bottle of agmatine and see if this stuff is really worth it and if your pumped during lifting and feel more harder around the clock....
how did yok3d treat ya ?

looking forward to the feedback .. i love agmatine myself

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
how did yok3d treat ya ?

looking forward to the feedback .. i love agmatine myself
Yok3d, eh didn't notice too much from it.
To get the best results from agmatine should you dose 2/2 in the AM & PWO? should you does every day 2/2?
All 4 in the AM? Only on work-Out days?

Thunder1

Awards
I just got some agmatine &i'm amazed @ the pump I get w/ 1gram pre workout. Best yet for me.

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
Like any other supplement would you say agmantine needs to be cycled or could you stay on it year round?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Like any other supplement would you say agmantine needs to be cycled or could you stay on it year round?
I'd certainly cycle it. There are few supps outside of food-based supplements that should be used year-round.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agmatine > Yok3D. I have used both now.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking the powder for about 2 weeks, love it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been taking the powder for about 2 weeks, love it.
What have u noticed so far?
What brand of powder & how many milligrams?
When are u dosing it? Before work out?

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
The pumps I had were pretty crazy. I came off for the past 10 days as I got a nasty throat/sinus infection and just now getting back to the gym. Primaforce powder 700mg. I varied doses, some days would do before workout, some I'd do in the morning. My sleep has been so screwed up, I varied the dose timing depending on how I slept.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The pumps I had were pretty crazy. I came off for the past 10 days as I got a nasty throat/sinus infection and just now getting back to the gym. Primaforce powder 700mg. I varied doses, some days would do before workout, some I'd do in the morning. My sleep has been so screwed up, I varied the dose timing depending on how I slept.
I just feel great when I am taking it.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I just placed and order for some PrimaForce agmatine. It'll be a bit before I use it (have logs).
Sorry HXC that bulk powder was cheaper $$.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just placed and order for some PrimaForce agmatine. It'll be a bit before I use it (have logs).
Sorry HXC that bulk powder was cheaper $$.
how much was it?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
&15 for the product and like 5 for shipping.
It is a bit cheaper. I have used both as well. I prefer caps at times. If I have a powder I usually just shovel into my mouth. The agmatine tastes pretty bitter and sour but its not terrible if you are used to raw powders. Either one will provide you with the benefits. just depends on if you want it capped or not.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
It is a bit cheaper. I have used both as well. I prefer caps at times. If I have a powder I usually just shovel into my mouth. The agmatine tastes pretty bitter and sour but its not terrible if you are used to raw powders. Either one will provide you with the benefits. just depends on if you want it capped or not.
I was going to go capped but the lady at A1 was like $32 plus I have until Monday to receive :/ was like no I'll pay less and get it quicker.

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
The powder is 30g and usually runs around 13-16 bucks at various retailers. I know nutraplanet recently ran a special on it

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
banned...isn't this ^^ Mike McC. the CEO of scivation/primaforce?
Banned?

Yeah I think his name is Mike & he is the CEO.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Was wondering how long they were gonna let him promote here for free
he hasnt tried to hide it, he has said in other threads who he was.