How to correctly use Creatine?

VeeSix

Awards
I've just started my second cycle of Creatine - my first, finished around 5 weeks ago, and I noted a ridiculously accelerated need to urinate. This could be in part due to drinking the extra Water as it dictates for healthy use, however several spots on the 'net state that this is actually the body discarding the Creatine and flushing it out of the system.

Is there a 'good practice' to using Creatine Mono successfully (powder version) - as in, taking it with a sort of food to aid retention?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most people combined it with a large amount of simple sugars for an insulin spike to help creatine uptake. Here is something published recently which is more favourable for those who don't want to take Cell Tech. :)

---

Effects of combined creatine plus fenugreek extract vs. creatine plus carbohydrate supplementation on resistance training adaptations

Authors: Lem Taylor, Chris Poole, Earnest Pena, Morgan Lewing, Richard Kreider, Cliffa Foster and Colin Wilborn

Journal of Sports Science and Medicine (2011) 10, 254-260

In conclusion, combining 900 mg of a commercially available fenugreek extract with 3.5 grams of creatine for eight weeks in conjunction with a structured resistance training program can significantly impact strength and body composition in resistance trained males as effectively as combining 5g creatine with 70g dextrose. This alternative creatine supplementation strategy may prove beneficial to certain populations concerned with the negative implications of consuming large quantities of simple carbohydrates. These findings are novel to the respect that no studies have previously investigated the effects of fenugreek extract in combination with creatine monohydrate on performance measures.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine Mono + SlinShot = Win!

VeeSix

Awards
I'm on for upgrading to beta-alanine (White flood) and I will look into Cell-Tech Creatine too; for those Brits, i've been attempting to take Holland and Barrett High Performance Creatine which doesn't work very well at all... just turns me into a water fountain !

Edit - doesn't seem to be any main UK stores selling Cell-Tech?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No, my point was you don't want to take Cell Tech and consume a huge amount of sugar just to enhance creatine uptake!

Fenugreek instead with basic Creapure monohydrate.

Ducati7

Awards
No, my point was you don't want to take Cell Tech and consume a huge amount of sugar just to enhance creatine uptake!

Fenugreek instead with basic Creapure monohydrate.
Interesting...will it work well with MCC? And what is the best Fenugreek product out there?

VeeSix

Awards
Atheletix Titanium appears to have Fenugreek contained within ...

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i eat it with either carbs or sugar. i take 2.5g pre and 2.5g post. anything over about 5g gets pissed out anyways.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
u dont want cell tech. just get mono. alot cheaper and better for you

VeeSix

Awards
Not the best, but all I hand 'at hand' - I had 2 creatine drinks so far both taken with a shot of sugar - basically 2 cookies with each. I do not appear to have turned into the Human Fountain!

I used to take Creatine on an empty stomach before.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
You dont need to take creatine with something that spikes insulin. It will work fine by itself IMO, especially with a form of creatine like MCC, Creatine Nitrate and others.

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I always had good results with mono and grape juice.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah it does work by itself, but people have preferences

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any one try creatine RT by AEN. ?

Steelwolf

Steelwolf

Awards
  • Established
I take 3-6 caps of ancient strength after workout

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
I always got bloat from mono. I find one scoop of lemonade green MAG in my preworkout blend (watermelon WF, lemonade PW) gives me the benefits of creatine without the bloat.)
i can also tell the difference when i do take creatine vs. When i dont