C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been on stims for over two years straight now.. Want to come off but mentally, n most likely physically dependent... Dunno what to do/how to stop.. Hoping someone can convince me/shed some light into needing to stop :/

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
taper off them slowly.don't feel bad I know a huge amount of people who use stims they are very addictive

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
slowly taper down, eventually taking nothing.........basically gonna come down to your will power.

could look into mega-dosing vit b-12 *genomyx has strips, really convenient* while you're going stim free, can help with energy....other than that up your carb intake a little, and make sure you're getting enough sleep

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
slowly taper down, eventually taking nothing.........basically gonna come down to your will power.

could look into mega-dosing vit b-12 *genomyx has strips, really convenient* while you're going stim free, can help with energy....other than that up your carb intake a little, and make sure you're getting enough sleep
great advice here.I'd get this a go^^^

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
I feel ya. Tapering down is the best way. Going cold turkey might make your body freak out and do damage. Plus its just a drag mentally.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks guys, I mean, do they become less effective as u stay on? I cycle thru different ingredients with the rationale that I'm keeping my body from getting used to each product..

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know how u feel buddy...I try to psych myself out from needing it or taking Another pre-workout without the stims...But like said before upping ur carb intake will help with some b12 if need..Sleep is key as well. All you need is 4weeks off from it but try to stay off a little longer so u learn to stay off from it or make it easier next time around.

M

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Def go with a B complex. Pantothenic acid is a great stress regulator as well, thus the recommend for a B complex. Mega dose vitamin C will help you get through it as well. The first week really is the hardest, headaches and what not. After you make it that first week, it starts to get remarkably easier after that.

Best of luck!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
taper down over a few weeks. SLEEP ALOT ..............then take a 2-3 month break from stims...

its gunna suck i wont lie... but get off them, your adrenals will thank you

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd look into using Revamp during the time off (same formula as Palo Alto Labs' old Reset AD). I've been using it for almost 3 months, now during my time off from stims.

I went cold turkey when I stopped. The first 2 weeks (or more like 10 days) are miserable between the headaches and tiredness, but after that, it's not bad. It's just not the same drive you have in the gym, so you have to get used to that.

I've taken a 4 and 5 week break in the last year and neither of those did any good for me. I have been using stims pretty consistently for several years without breaks prior to that and in that time there were even 2 EC runs with days including 600mg of caffeine and 75mg of ephedrine. Stims didn't do anything for me lately.

The 20th will mark 3 months off entirely for me and at that point is when I'll try a pre-workout again. If 1 scoop doesn't just knock me out, I'm staying off of them for even longer.

Good luck, man.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd look into using Revamp during the time off (same formula as Palo Alto Labs' old Reset AD). I've been using it for almost 3 months, now during my time off from stims.

I went cold turkey when I stopped. The first 2 weeks (or more like 10 days) are miserable between the headaches and tiredness, but after that, it's not bad. It's just not the same drive you have in the gym, so you have to get used to that.

I've taken a 4 and 5 week break in the last year and neither of those did any good for me. I have been using stims pretty consistently for several years without breaks prior to that and in that time there were even 2 EC runs with days including 600mg of caffeine and 75mg of ephedrine. Stims didn't do anything for me lately.

The 20th will mark 3 months off entirely for me and at that point is when I'll try a pre-workout again. If 1 scoop doesn't just knock me out, I'm staying off of them for even longer.

Good luck, man.
Ahh good old EC ;) well I appreciate the advice n info.. I will try to work in a month or two during the winter with some reset.. I already take a b complex so I'll look into extra b12! I actually stack fb's .. Shoulda been more clear! I have planned to switch to just one starting in October, then I will move to none+ reset for feb at the least. Thanks again. Good luck to u too

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Jist had a thought. What if I go down to one stim product n only take it on workout days for 4/6 weeks plus revamp every day or just off days?? Feedback appreciated!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jist had a thought. What if I go down to one stim product n only take it on workout days for 4/6 weeks plus revamp every day or just off days?? Feedback appreciated!
Plenty of people do this. My mindset is always to stop completely. I'm OCD about certain things, though. I think it would likely help. In my mind it just plays out better ceasing all together and then re-introducing it as a new substance to the body versus a lowered substance used less frequently.

D

Ddono25

Awards
Good advice already here that you should listen to.

1) Don't go cold turkey, that's just too painful for some and at times unrealistic with habits already formed.
2) Get some adaptogens. I like Solaray's "Adrenal Caps" that have Eleuthero and Licorice, along with Bovine Adrenal Gland that help the body acclimate a little better to the change. B-vitamins help, as does a good multi. I used Emergen-C packets instead of an energy drink at times.
3) Substitute all the time. If I was used to having a coffee, I'd sub green tea. If I wanted a pre-workout lift I would have a sugar-free Red Bull. It was about not completely depriving myself and making improvements where I could.
4) Prepare for some weight gain with added complex carbs and sleep/rest.
5) Put more emphasis on cardio instead of lifting heavy weights. The weights and going all-out every workout will deplete you mentally and physically, making the change more difficult.

Most importantly take it easy on yourself. This is a long process if you have been on for two years straight. It's just like a diet, it's not the easiest in the world mentally, but the steps are laid out and simple. Don't use caffeine excessively just as you wouldn't eat junk excessively if you're trying to drop some weight. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good advice already here that you should listen to.

1) Don't go cold turkey, that's just too painful for some and at times unrealistic with habits already formed.
2) Get some adaptogens. I like Solaray's "Adrenal Caps" that have Eleuthero and Licorice, along with Bovine Adrenal Gland that help the body acclimate a little better to the change. B-vitamins help, as does a good multi. I used Emergen-C packets instead of an energy drink at times.
3) Substitute all the time. If I was used to having a coffee, I'd sub green tea. If I wanted a pre-workout lift I would have a sugar-free Red Bull. It was about not completely depriving myself and making improvements where I could.
4) Prepare for some weight gain with added complex carbs and sleep/rest.
5) Put more emphasis on cardio instead of lifting heavy weights. The weights and going all-out every workout will deplete you mentally and physically, making the change more difficult.

Most importantly take it easy on yourself. This is a long process if you have been on for two years straight. It's just like a diet, it's not the easiest in the world mentally, but the steps are laid out and simple. Don't use caffeine excessively just as you wouldn't eat junk excessively if you're trying to drop some weight. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
Thanks a lot. Like I said, it wont be til about Jan/feb where I'll go completely off.. Definitely the weight gain is what scares me, I'm naturally a biggerguy .. 5'7 175-180,34 inch waist 40-42 inch chest... My workouts supps n diet is year round to keep bw at 155-165 31 inch waist, 38 inch chest.. I train n liv to keep myself a certain size where I'm honestly just more comfortable.. I'll keep my "sanity " thru the holidays and will go off or VERY resuced for feb/march.. It will be interesting n fun n challenging to see how my body reacts with all your guys help n advice.. Willard keep posted!

E

ecupirate

Awards
I started by just drinking coffee. Then started to taper off that into tea. The slowly started drinking less of that.

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
maaan, i think we're all addicted to these pills :dance2:

S

standon

Banned
Awards
Is being addicted to preworkouts keeping my weight down?

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is being addicted to preworkouts keeping my weight down?
Possible but doubtful.. Depends what it is n what's in it.. You could still be on stims n gain weight.. What is the pre workout u take?

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok ok so another thought... What if I do one month of alpha t2... It's non stimulant/caffeine free+ revamp

Then followed by one month of alri nonstim+tta500??

All non stim Metab boosters.. Would this suffice to give me adrenals and Body a chance to build tolerance back up??

S

standon

Banned
Awards
Well I switched from 1 3 pres and stay 8 pounds about 6 of muscle heavier.. I just take about 200 of caffiene now

S

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I try not to use stims more than five days week. Ideally, I try not to use them at all early in the week and I use them as little as possible on my days off. Some weeks are easier than others to stay away from those amazing little capsules though, lol.

Let us know what method you use and then give us some feedback here. We can help hold you accountable as you ween off of the stims.

onemind1body

onemind1body

Awards
  • Established
I think he meant he stopped taking preworkouts with 1,3 in them, gained 8 lbs, he thinks 6 was muscle, and now he only uses 200 mg caffiene for pre workouts

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
1,3 is baller on the thyroid so my theory is its very possible to have a catabolic effect from prolonged use. Im off it for a while now to give myself a rest. I just finished my last of PES AlphatT2 and gonna take a break from thryoid stims/hormones all together

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does revamp, tta500, alphaburn, cider vinegar for one month sound ? Then second month tta500+alri zero stim?

The only questionable one IMO is the alphaburn but I'm 99% positive it's stimulant free/ won't affect my natural thyroid levels...

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
id like to see a log on this if possible so we all can follow along as you work through kicking stims and offer our support as well.

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
id like to see a log on this if possible so we all can follow along as you work through kicking stims and offer our support as well.
Definitely.. I'll be starting it in Jan... Until then I'm gonna be fill boat with oxy elite, and some ephedra mixed In with 8 weeks of erase to get me thru the holidays

C

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im thinking about posting my finalized supplement regiment plan plus my workout routines n log my lifts. I've set up a supp/workout plan that has take hours of research n planning! Hopefully y'all could offer some insight.. I'll post the link here when I start that thread

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Word up, whenever youre ready - ill check it out

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely.. I'll be starting it in Jan... Until then I'm gonna be fill boat with oxy elite, and some ephedra mixed In with 8 weeks of erase to get me thru the holidays
cool I'll be on the look out for it

OrganicShadow

OrganicShadow

Awards
  • Established
Right now, the only stim supplement im taking is MethylDrene 25 to help cut for competition. That and coffee from time to time.

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
Sesamin, CLA, ALCAR and raspberry ketones???
I too have adrenal burnout. Any advice for an endurance runner?
Really need to kick the stims

A

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
I got adrenal fatigue myself! Been taking now foods super cortisol support Has been working wonders!
Obviously I'd say kick the stims, take an adaptogen and plenty of rest bro

CJ_Xfit89

CJ_Xfit89

Board Sponsor
Awards
I got adrenal fatigue myself! Been taking now foods super cortisol support Has been working wonders!
Obviously I'd say kick the stims, take an adaptogen and plenty of rest bro
cheers man. i take shred ultra which has adaptogens in it but i gotta get off that cause of caffiene...
I am a runner/cricketer... need something for a "zap" pre training
-i am taking without fail my v02 and ALCAR no matter what pre running

A

Austin118

Awards
  • Established
No probs dude! I defo like ALCAR for energy maybe try some CO-Q 10 as well ( although I've never tried it heard it's meant to do with energy production )

C

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I am never 100% completely off stims. Sad but true.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Anabolics 1
MMAguy Anabolics 10
D General Chat 4
R1balla Training Forum 11
16dawg23 Anabolics 0