Best protein in water? Fruit flavor or something like it?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
I usually wake up late... ( gotta get my 8 hours in) then I'm out the door... Grab my shaker cup pour tap water in a shaker and scoop of protein... Then stand over the sink gagging it down.... Followed by some natty pb...

So anyway is there any protein powder that's taste good in water with a fruit punch/orange juice taste? Any at all?

Kinda like Isopure in the bottles they are great just really expensive hah

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maximum Absorbed Protein is pretty good but it runs rather expensive as well. Not too bad but quality=high price.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Hmm do they have like a fruit punch or orange juice flavor?

It be nice if I could mix my protein with a cup of low sugar oj hah

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
if you are looking to mix with orange juice just get an unflavored protein. A sweetened protein on top of orange juice would be too sweet in my opinion. They have mango I believe which is my favorite flavor.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmm do they have like a fruit punch or orange juice flavor?

It be nice if I could mix my protein with a cup of low sugar oj hah
Pretty much all their flavors are tropical, so most should taste decent with water. MAP is a really good protein FWIW.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
cinnamon bun wtbm can make ANYTHING taste good bro ;)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
cinnamon bun wtbm can make ANYTHING taste good bro ;)
That sounds really good!

Some feedback on the Maximum Absorb Protein(because I'm bored and don't really have anything else to do):
I have three MAP flavors... Cranberry, Lemon Lime and Strawberry whatever. Cranberry blows them out of the water.
The Strawberry Lemonade is what I like to use because it can be used with a lot of the pre-WO mixes without it having a funky flavor.
There are tubs of Maximum Absorbed Protein in our cupboards, and all the flavours have been, are, or gone (and yes, I've opened and smelt every one of them) :D I've held back from using Maximum Absorbed Protein because the reason I STOPPED using protein powder was that my stomach did not reacted well to ANY that I used, even if it is only a one-off, random scoop since early 2010 (and I have actually NOT used protein powder consistently in quite some time, using MuscleGel Shots as my exclusive source of supplemented protein for the last few months). Anyways, the feedback on Maximum Absorbed Protein has been so positive and good that I figured why not try just a scoop and see how it goes (I can put up with being uncomfortable for a day if it upsets my stomach). So I used a scoop . . .

What is it?

* Improves strength and recovery better than standard protein
* 2-3 times more effective than whey or casein protein
* No artificial sweeteners, colors or flavors
* No lactose. No bloating. No cramping.

For more information, review Primordial Performance - Maximum Absorbed Protein.

Formula: 10/10. Maximum Absorbed Protein is a perfect formula for someone like me, as it contains NO lactose, and little carbohydrates/sugars (I don't like to have carbohydrates in my protein, and if it has them, I prefer them to be complex). Maximum Absorbed Protein also contains an amino acid complex, which allows it to "double" as both a protein and BCAAs product. The fact that it contains actual FRUIT and not artificial flavours, sweeteners, and flavours is also a huge PLUS :thumbsup:

Smell: 9/10. Smells like cranberries (I like cranberries) :)

Taste: 9/10. Cranberry Splash flavoured Maximum Absorbed Protein has a sharp, tart taste - true to eating fresh cranberries, and this tartness lingers at least a good 90 minutes post-use. I personally like cranberries and their tart taste - which was the primary reason I decided to try the Maximum Absorbed Protein in the first place.

Mixability: 10/10. On shaking there was no trace of the powder and no clumps or excess was left in the water or on the bottom of the shaker.

Texture: 10/10. Maximum Absorbed Protein has a very light texture, not like the heaviness of protein powder - in fact, it was just like shaking up and having BC+EAA, and I didn't feel like I was having protein powder at all, but rather something akin to a preworkout product or BCAAs formula (which it technically is, though).

Strength: N/A. After only one serving, this is not applicable. Not only that, but it was on a day where I did not perform resistance training. For noticeable effects in strength, a longer period of time would be needed to assess this, and even then, training goals and routines, as well as nutrition and other supplements used would affect this, so I would not be able to say whether it made a difference to my strength.

Recovery: N/A. I used the Maximum Absorbed Protein after a training session and was fine. I will not know until later in the day - or even tomorrow or a few days - how my recovery really was. Add to that the fact that I am already using products that help enhance my recovery, any recovery benefits will be a combination of everything.

Other Effects: 10/10. Surprisingly, I did not experience any tummy upsets, bloating, air, or cramping afterwards - as I did with every other protein powder before I stopped using them altogether. The only "other effect" it has was causing me to feel slightly cold inside for a bit and a warming in my face - which is an effect I get when I consume tart things, fruit especially (and actually has similar effects on me as eating cranberries does, which is not surprising since it contains freeze-dried cranberries).

Overall: 9.7/10. Based on my experience with Maximum Absorbed Protein, and the fact that it doubles as a BCAAs product, and uses real fruit for sweetness and taste makes it very favourable in my opinion. In fact, as far as formula (re fitting my personal goals and needs), effects (no bloating, etc.), and flavour (especially flavour), Maximum Absorbed Protein is my #1 protein powder (and yes, this IS a call one can make after ONE serving of a protein powder), and I may even consider adding it in with MuscleGel Shots re supplemented protein.

Would I use again? If I used protein powder, then yes, I would. If I did not have any more MuscleGel Shots and was concurrently out of BC+EAA, I would use Maximum Absorbed Protein then - this says a lot, because I will not use any OTHER protein powder, period, even the ones that used to be my top and favourite protein powders. I may even consider adding it in with MuscleGel Shots re supplemented protein and replace my BC+EAA with this - get both benefits in one.

Would I recommend? Yes. Maximum Absorbed Protein has a solid ingredient profile. Feedback on the product is solid. Flavour tastes great. It can be used pre, intra, and post-training (intra and post re recovery effects), so an all-round product.

Looks like you have plenty of options :thumbsup:

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I usually wake up late... ( gotta get my 8 hours in) then I'm out the door... Grab my shaker cup pour tap water in a shaker and scoop of protein... Then stand over the sink gagging it down.... Followed by some natty pb...

So anyway is there any protein powder that's taste good in water with a fruit punch/orange juice taste? Any at all?

Kinda like Isopure in the bottles they are great just really expensive hah
Syntrax Nectar or 4everfit fruit blast are the only other good ones besides MAP...

EDIT: cytosport Whey isolate makes a Tangy Orange flavor too