A Review of Every Preworkout Supplement (Almost)!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have a similar thread going on BB.com, and I thought you guys could stand to benefit from this as well.

In this review of every pre-workout I've ever tried, I will specificy whether I used a full tub or whether it was a sample. The numerical ratings will be based on effects/profile only.

Anadraulic State GT - Very underrated in my opinion. Yes, it has a big prop blend. But when it comes to clean, stimmed energy, this was the best in my books. I didn't notice any of the advertised hormone modulating benefits, but I just loved the energy it provided. 1 scoop was all it took to get me going, and yes, it even gave me some focus. There were a few occasions where I'd use it as a morning pick-me-up instead of coffee, it made me feel that good.

Tub - 8.5/10

Presurge Unleashed - When I had my first scoop of this, I knew I had found the one. I was getting ready to do some very heavy deadlifts, and never before did I feel so eager to just get on my knees and RIP. PSU gave me everything I wanted: great energy, noticeable pumps, and a very, very intense focus. Adequate dosing of creatine made it an instant staple in my routine.

Tub - 9.5/10

1MR - I have tried multiple samples of this. The energy was outstanding, but the crashes were horrible. Strangely, nothing in the supplement besides caffeine can really potentiate a pump, but the pumps I got on this were second only to nitrated products. Really weird, but I liked it.

Sample - 8/10

White Flood - I thoroughly enjoyed the energy on this stuff. The profile is lacking due to the prop blend, but nonetheless, I had a fair bit of focus on it. Also, no crash which was nice. One of the better stimmed preworkouts without 1,3.

Tub - 8.5/10

Infinite Labs Juggernaut - Didn't get much out of this to be honest. Not even energy really. The guys over at Infinite Labs are great people, so I feel bad saying this (yes, it was a free sample :(), but I always give honest reviews, and I have to say this is one of the worst pre's I've ever tried. Didn't do anything negative, but I literally noticed nothing.

Sample - 2/10

Quake 10 - I can't really comment on this, because the sample I tried was clumpy and black. Something was wrong, and it basically made me puke.

Sample - N/A

BBS Carnivore - To date one of my favorite products so far. Really gave me superior strength on the day I took it, and I also just felt great in the gym. Would recommend to anyone, its a shame it doesnt get much hype on these forums.

Sample - 9/10

Neogenix Cryoshock - This provided me with outstanding energy, but like so many other supplements mentioned above, there was no focus or pump. No real performance enhancing benefits. I.e. another cup of coffee.

Sample - 6.5/10

Neogenix Bodyforge - Now this I liked a little bit more. I could feel a noticeable increase in endurance on the days I took this; just an overall better attitude in the gym, and I was in no rush to get out of there. Made lifting days enjoyable.

Sample- 8.5/10

Superpump250 - This was a lot like juggernaut; it did nothing positive or negative for me. Literally felt no effects in all departments. I know a lot of people swear by this, but it just didn't work too well for me.

Sample - 2/10

Universal Shock therapy - So I'm not thrilled about the profile of this, but the workout I had on it was nothing short of amazing. The pumps were there, the energy was there, the endurance was there. Didn't feel much focus, but the product delivered and is another very underrated preworkout on these forums.

Sample - 9/10

SNS Agmatine - Whether you consider it a preworkout or not, the pumps on this were great, and the endurance was even better. Inter-set recovery time was decreased for all 3 workouts I used this, which definitely helped speed up my workouts while reaping the same strength benefits.

Sample - 9/10

Thermolife Pump-Bol - From the first few days of using this product, my endurance was through the roof. High rep sets became way easier. Squatting became way easier. Pumps wer incredible. And the profile is well-formulated and non-prop. To date the second best preworkout I have ever tried.

Tub - 10/10

MAN Clout - Another stud in the preworkout category. Two major things I noticed: my mood was instantly elevated after taking clout, and my strength started to skyrocket after a few weeks of using clout. This stuff is the real deal folks.

Tub - 9.5/10

MAN Body Octane - I did not get as much out of this as I would have hoped. Much like pump-bol this made high rep sets easier, but not to the same degree. Other than increased endurance, I did not notice any stim-free energy or focus. Good formula, but wasn't incredible.

Tub - 8/10

Omega Sports Ultima - After coming off a heavy stent with stims, this was my go-to supp. For the first week, I felt nothing. It just couldn't compete with 400mg caffeine. But then the effects slowly crept in. Now that I have been stim-free for 4 months, the effects are outstanding. My focus after taking it is simply unreal. I do get very real stim-free energy. I don't get pumps from this, but instead I get something much greater: consistent improvements in performance. I can't explain how, but this amazing blend has given me consistent improvements in strength, endurance, and overall health ever since I started using it. To date, the best preworkout I have ever tried.

Tub - 10/10

BSN No-Xplode- This product always provided me with good, clean energy. It often put me in a good mood and got me ready to lift. I didn't notice any pumps while on the product, and my focus wasn't noticeably better either, but as far as clean energy, this is up at the top. The profile leaves more to be desired and is definitely behind the times with that big of a prop. blend.

Tub- 7/10

ABB Speed Stack RTD - This provided a serious rush of energy. At high levels of caffeine, this stuff gave me headaches at high doses. I also experienced shortness of breath and a rapidly beating heart. Nonetheless, I feel it gave me some serious energy for heavy sets, so its effects should not be underrated.

Sample - 7/10

ABB Speed Stack Pumped N.O. RTD - This had less energy than the original speed stack, but I must say, the pump was very real. I was noticeably fuller for about an hour after the workout as well. The energy level was just right; not enough to cause any nasty sides. Still no focus though.

Sample - 7.5/10

CytoSport Fast Twitch RTD - Simply put, another good energy supplement. Obviously profile is lacking. Not much to be said here; provided about the same benefits as a cup of coffee.

Sample - 6/10

BSN Endorush RTD - Had it on 2 occasions. Both occasions, there was some VICIOUS energy. Probably one of the best if not the best energy supplement I've ever used. Yes, better than supplements with 1,3 like 1mr. Again, no pumps and no focus; just insane energy.

Sample - 7.5/10

Betancourt Bullnox - When Shadar first told me he liked this preworkout, I was surprised to be honest. CEE? Big prop blend? But much like Universal Shocl Therapy, this product delivered despite the big prop blend. But it was very different too. The pumps weren't really there. But let me tell you what was there. Some sort of weird strength I didn't know I had. I just felt great in the gym. I couldnt wait until my next set, and I had positive thoughts flowing through me the whole workout. It was particularly effective for my high rep sets, and it kept my willpower strong. Great supplement.

Sample - 9/10

SP MAX - Alright, I've heard a lot of great stuff about this so I was eager to try it. It may have been that my expectations were too high, but I wasn't blown away. it seems that whatever energy complex gaspari is using for the superpumps does not work on me. no negatives but no positives. However, my strength was definitely up in the workout and the pumps were very, very good. In this respect, it is a well-rounded preworkout that would go well with some nootropics or a caffeine tab.

Sample - 7.5/10

Lit-Up
Taste - This wasn't the best tasting preworkout I've ever had, I'll be honest. In fact, it really wasnt very good at all. Not something I enjoyed sipping on, but it also wasnt anything I had trouble downing (ASGT I'm looking at you ;)). I honestly don't care much about taste though, I just include this because I've seen posters say they've actually thrown products away because they disliked the taste.
6/10
Mixability - If you've used PSU, it's very similar to this. Mixes up pretty much instantly, like I really don't even need a shaker or a spoon, it seems to just liquify right away. however, like PSU, there is a tad bit of residue that never seems to dissolve (i'm guessing DAA?).
9.5/10
Energy - Simply amazing. It was exactly the type of energy I love. Very similar to ASGT in how clean it felt, but even stronger. This is a very tough medium to reach, and I feel like in terms of stimmed preworkouts without geranamine, nothing comes close to this except maybe Animal Rage. Also, let me note that the focus on this was pretty close to the best I've ever had on a stimmed preworkout, and the inclusion of DMAE is sweet.
9.5/10
Pumps - They were pretty solid, but I used this on a power day. Really not a fair assessment, but above average, and less than when on nitrates.
8/10
Endurance - On Lit-UP, I could not bang out higher rep sets with more efficacy. But I had a kind of big picture boost in mood, and therefore endurance. I wanted to stay in the gym and I wasn't dreading my next set but rather looking forward to it.
9/10

Overall - Sample - 9/10

Animal Rage
Taste - .....Being honest sucks. I feel bad for Universal because they sent me this for free. This tasted terrible. Worse than ASGT? No. I'd say the same. Thankfully, the serving was much smaller so I held my nose and downed it.
3/10
Mixability - Good, very good. A couple stirs of the spoon, a whisk of the bottle on the final sip, and it was all in my belly.
9/10
Energy - Before taking this, I had a vision of myself getting this huge rush of energy and slamming the weights around (good marketing I suppose). However, what I got was strangely different. In fact, the energy was actually SLOW to set in. And I loved it. It lasted the whole workout with no crash, and it was clean from start to finish. I feel like this stuff would be awesome for studying without killing appetite on a bulk. Right up there with lit-up for best energy from a stimmed, non 1,3 product.
9.5/10
Pumps - I would say fair. I was glycogen depleted for this workout so it was tough to get pumps period. But somehow it was giving me pumps on the 8 rep sets and not so much on the 12 rep sets. I'm confused, yes, but usually when I'm glycogen depleted, I get ZERO pumps, so I'd say it did its job well.
8.5/10
Endurance - This was the odd part. The energy came and went so slowly that you'd think I'd be able to last forever in the gym. But I actually could not push on once I hit the halfway point of my workout. I kept going of course, but I lowered almost all my weights. Again, I was glycogen depleted so it's tough to read too far into this.
8/10

Overall - Sample - 8.5/10

Focus XT - Probably the #1 focus supplement I have ever used, it is seriously tunnel vision. You see the weights and only the weights, and you even get a little annoyed if your buddies try to distract you. Very slight edge over PSU for best focus. If this is combined with a product containing ergogenic aids like Pump-bol, I can see this being the premiere preworkout combo.

Tub (2 uses though) - 9.5/10

EC Stack - This is seriously SOOOO hit or miss. On the workouts where it works, I feel incredible. It's like doing homework on adderall, you just love it SO much. I do feel like this detracted from my pumps though, which is odd since caffeine should act as a vasodilator during workouts. Now for when this didnt work: feelings of weakness, anxiety, and a sick-to-my-stomach feeling that makes me want to leave the gym then and there. The appetite suppression honestly carries over to drinking water sometimes. It's like any expansion of my stomach makes me feel sick, which can make working out a b!tch. I definitely would not recommend this long term, but it is by far the best energy supplement combo I've used when it's a "good day."

Many uses - 8/10

Jack3d:

I'm long overdue for having tried the number 1 selling supplement on BB.com. Cracked open my tub, took 2 scoops, and headed to the gym. First, I will say I got the BA tingles. Now I know this isn't that big a deal and doesn't mean much, but it is the ONLY preworkout to ever give me the tingles, which means that their BA may actually be well-dosed. But the best part came about 30 minutes into the workout. Hate jack3d all you want, it provides some awesome energy. Awesome as in you want to throw some serious weight around, but without jitters. Kind of like a weaker EC. Didn't notice much in the pump department, but my weights were up on the lifts that required intensity, showing that there is definitely a benefit to a powerful energy supplement like jack3d. I can imagine this would be great when taken in conjunction with something like pump-bol. Also, note that this 1,3 rush felt NOTHING like that in other 1,3 products...felt a lot better actually.

Tub - 8.5/10

C4 Extreme

Took 2 scoops of this as well. Headed to the gym, and I must say, this kicked in INCREDIBLY fast. I started tapping my toes like crazy while I was sitting on the bus to the gym. When the energy hit full force, it was like a weaker version of jack3d. I didn't feel like an animal with an "out of body" sensation; it was a milder energy which kept me alert and going from set to set with minimal distractions. I also got tingles from c4. Funny, the second time I ever got tingles from a preworkout occured the day after the first. But here's the best part. The pump. My god. I've taken c-bol, pump-bol, what have you. On C4, these were among the best pumps I've ever had. I can imagine the high nitrate dose + caffeine did the trick. But interestingly, even at the high dose of Creatine nitrate, I experienced no side effects. Great, well-rounded energy/pump product. Didn't get much focus, but I'll take it.

Tub - 9/10

Assault

I will start by saying that regardless of how my workout with assault went, its a great product simply because it has adequetly dosed ingredients. Full creatine dose from what I hear. Also, everyone is right, the best tasting preworkout ever, even better than pump-bol. Now, to the effects. Focus, not much. Pumps, mehhh, above average but barely better than normal. Energy/strength = win. This must be the cleanest energy I have ever had on a preworkout supplement. Cleaner energy than white flood. I just felt...great. Like I was looking forward to each set. And then I started hitting unexpected PR's. And then I looked forward to the next set even more. It was an awesome cycle of joy.
Sample - 9/10

Maximize v2

Ok. I've taken EC. 3 doses of Presurge Unleashed. 1MR. I've been exposed to stimulants. But something in maximize v2 made me go OFF THE WALLS. The energy on this is seriously insane. Stronger than EC? Yes, at least for me. So much damn energy it was scary. Sweating, slightly jittery, speaking extra fast. Hands shaking a little bit. But the cons were outweighed by the pros, as this energy translated into some serious iron-moving for me. Made my upper body day fly by. Also, the pumps on this were definitely noticeable, and despite my off the wall energy, I definitely noticed some serious focus. So the downside? Horrific crash about 15 minutes after the workout. I felt like death and had to go to bed. Moral of the story: if I ever have a workout where I need to pull out all the stops with no concern for functionality post workout, nothing will provide more energy than Maximize v2. I probably won't buy a tub until I have acquired some more stim-tolerance.

Sample - 8.5/10

FlashOver

Cracked open my tub and took 2 scoops. Wow! This stuff was awesome. Energy took a little while to kick in, but when it did, it felt a lot like MAN swagger, for those of you who have tried it. Just felt really "warm" inside, but still capable of bringing intensity. No side effects or jitters. Secondly, I know this has GMS (which I'm not a fan of), but the pumps were simply unreal for arms day. My biceps seriously blew up after a 15 rep set of spider curls, to the point that I couldnt superset it with overhead tricep extensions without hearing a "cracking" noise. The focus was alright as well, definitely helped me get through my workout faster. But in terms of "feel-good" energy and pumps, Flashover rocks!

Tub - 9.5/10

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
XF Vengeance

Taste/Mixability

I usually don't review taste or mixability for a preworkout, but I must say, this tasted bizarrely good. At first, I was like, wow this tastes weird, but after a while, it grew on me to the point that I was sad to see my shake go. However, the mixability was strange. Most of it dissolved right away, but a few clumps just never seemed to go away. Again, both of these categories aren't that important and won't go into my overall rating, but if you're someone who cares...the taste is excellent, the mixability is so-so.

8/10

Pump

It's tough to please me with a pump. I've gone through numerous bottles of agmatine, c-bol, pump-bol, and what have you. That being said...HOLY HELL. The pumps on this are INCREDIBLE. I scoured the profile for the reason behind the insane pumps, but I really couldnt find much. There really is SYNERGISM between the carbs, ArA, and citrulline. I would compare this to pump-bol in many respects: giving me a pump that made me keep going through my set, and I felt so good that I didn't know when to stop. Unreal.

10/10

Endurance

Again, this is almost exactly like pump-bol, except EVEN SLIGHTLY BETTER. Like pump-bol, this made high rep, taxing sets fly by. But unlike pump-bol, this had me incredibly energized even at the end of my workout, to the point that I wanted to keep banging out sets. I had to stop myself because I have a tough workout day tomorrow, but that wasn't before I did 3 sets of high rep dips (felt like nothing) and 5 sets of various curls. Not even shoulder or back exercises, but I had such an urge to keep working out. Keep in mind I am months deep in a cut...I never feel like this, and it felt fan-fukking-tastic!

10/10

Energy

Obviously being light on the stims, I wasn't expect a huge kick. Which is fine because I prefer to train stim-free. I would compare the energy to a half scoop of white flood if I had to. Just very clean, very positive, no heart pounding, no jitters...just controlled, feel-good energy through the whole workout. Looking forward to the next set, that kind of thing.

10/10

Focus

Being a focus fanatic (I go through Focus XT, ALCAR, Ultima, etc like its my job), I was hoping XF Vengeance wouldn't disappoint. And it didn't. Can it compare to Focus XT or Ultima? Not quite. But I'd say it does a damn good job at getting you going from set to set. It's not a mental focus, but rather a..."wow, that felt like nothing, lets do another set." kind of focus. It's like the endurance aspect induces you to stay focused on the workout.

9/10

Overall

Let me start by saying this may be the single greatest endurance supplement I've ever used. Just physically speaking, I never felt tired. This applies to intraset (high rep sets), and also in the bigger picture of the workout, where I wanted to keep training and training. High rep sets did not burn as bad, breathing was easier, and energy was top notch. While it was slightly less effective than pump-bol at increasing intraset endurance, the intraworkout endurance was a huge plus. Felt great the whole time I was on it...it's almost like a mood enhancer. Even as I write this, I'm still very happy with how I feel overall, and how my training session went today. The fact that this is light on stims makes it something that I can staple :D. My only regret is taking so damn long to try Vengeance. It is one of the best preworkouts on the market, and deservingly, it gets:

10/10

NEW White Flood v2 Fruit Punch

[size=+5]Initial Thoughts[/size]

[size=+3]Mixability=10/10[/size]​

Threw 1 scoop in my shaker and shook it up for 5 seconds. Dissolved very quickly...one of the easiest mixing preworkout products I've ever used.

[size=+3]Taste=6/10[/size]​

I will be honest, I did not enjoy the fruit punch flavor. Maybe it's because every company tries to pull it off, but this was not something I would sip on for enjoyment. Tasted kind of artificial and sweet. It wasn't tough to get down or anything, but I won't be looking forward to drinking it for sure.

[size=+3]Profile=YouJudge/10[/size]​

Definitely improved over the older version. I like the inclusion of GABA and the energy blend, and the pump ingredients are definitely much improved. Should stack extremely well with Psyko.

[size=+3]Pump=8/10[/size]​

I haven't used nitrates in a month now, but as someone who frequently uses Agmatine, it's tough to impress me with pumps. I can definitely say that after my iso-work on my quads today, they were blown up moreso than if I hadn't taken anything preworkout. I will be able to get a better idea of this with time.

[size=+3]Focus=7/10[/size]​

As someone who lives and dies by focus ingredients (think Ultima and Focus XT), it is also tough to impress me in this category. If one thing was lacking in the effects department, it was focus. It was definitely there, but I feel that it was more derived from the energy blend. I was focused on the workout, but not so much so that I could visualize the mind muscle connection during the set.

[size=+3]Energy=10/10[/size]​

I am DELIGHTED they did not change the energy blend from the original white flood. The energy on this stuff is so clean. It makes you feel very positive and ready to roll, without feeling stimmed out or anxious. One of the best all around energy products out there for keeping a level head with sustained drive.

[size=+3]Overall=9/10[/size]​
When it comes to preworkout products, I could care less about taste (although that watermelon WF is intriguing). The pumps on this were solid, and the energy was incredible. And most importantly, this was at 1 scoop. I can imagine that at 2 scoops, the energy will be even better, and the pumps will really start to present themselves.

Cordygen5

Tried this in many scenarios. Preworkout. Precardio. Let me say this...it is VERY hit or miss.
Pre-cardio: some days I would never feel like I was gassed and would beat my previous cardio time tremendously, other days it did nothing. When I stopped using it completely, all my cardio times reverted back to the days when corydgen did nothing. This tells me it did some serious work when I was taking it, but only for a handful of sessions. Those sessions were nuts though, as I was beating my best times by like 10%-timewise for the same distance. That is a ridiculous difference. I just wish the results were most consistent.
Preworkout: Honestly never noticed a benefit besides walking DB lunges for higher reps. DEFINITELY helped out with this exercise.

Tub - 7.5/10

Muscle Marinade

Oh, where to begin with this. I used my samples a couple weeks into EC stack, and despite my growing stim tolerance, I definitely felt this hit me. It wasn't a slow peaking energy, it was damn near instant. I found myself short of breath for a couple seconds as the stims set in, but afterwards I felt euphoric and ready to hit the weights. It was exactly what I expected...off the wall intensity for the first 3/4 of the workout, then a huge headache and weary feeling for the final 1/4 of my workout. Thankfully, I do all my hard exercises first, so I wrecked those before moving on to the less significant stuff. The pump was definitely there as well, which was shocking considering that this isn't really a pump preworkout. High intensity training and lots of caffeine can do it too thoug. All in all, a focus+energy BOMB if you want to do a quick, high intensity workout.

Sample - 8.5/10

You know, a lot of people glance over the profile of Novem. They don't see a flashy 40 letter ingredient, and they write it off. Well let's start with the basics.

It's low in calories (10/serving), so it's perfect to use regardless of your goals or macros.

It has your 2.5g Monohydrate. Enough to maintain saturation at just 1 serving if taken every workout day.

It has 1.5g Beta-alanine. And Carnosyn, which is great. Throw in a tiny Primaforce or SNS beta-alanine serving at some other point in the day and you're good to go.

It has 187mg caffeine. Which means it has 1250mg N-Acetyl-Tyrosine. Now I have never seen much of a difference between Tyrosine and NAT, but at 1250mg, that's a TON of NAT. Needless to say, the focus was outstanding, and was even better with the caffeine.

Finally, the antioxidants. There are some QUALITY antioxidants, and some not-so-quality antioxidants. NAC is great, Vitamin C is solid, and Na-R-Ala is FANTASTIC, I really dig the inclusion of the Na-R-Ala. The vitamin E at 330IU is where I'm a little displeased. Problem the only flaw in the formula, but that's just in my opinion.

Now considering that 1 serving is legitimately all you need, you're looking at a FULL 40 servings. For someone who wants a simple, proven, and effective preworkout blend, this seems perfect.

9/10

Mixability

Honestly, better than I thought. There's a hefty dose of monohydrate in there, but only the slightest bit settled to the bottom of the shaker. I used a spoon and it was almost 100% dissolved in 10-15 seconds.

9.5/10

Taste

I usually dislike fruit punch. Companies never do it right.

That said, this was a MUCH better fruit punch than I'm used to! Is it something I'd sip on? Not quite there yet. But it was enough to enjoy it just a little bit, which is saying a lot to be honest. Reminded me of a slightly more artificial hawaiian punch.

8/10

Energy

I was pretty pleased with the energy I derived from Novem. Being 1,3D-free, I felt more energized than I would from a simple 200mg caffeine tab, that's for sure. Most likely due to the high dose of NAT working alongside the caffeine. The effects set in damn near instantly, like within 5 minutes of finishing the shake. There was a noticeable mood uplift and desire to train, but definitely nothing to cause jitters or a cracked out feeling. It reminded me a lot of White Flood v2: clean energy, no crash, and a happy buzz going for a little bit after each workout as well.

9.5/10

Focus

Pretty damn good. I'm a focus junkie (I rep for SNS...we're talking focus xt, racetams, alcar, hup A like there's no tomorrow...not to mention the 8 tubs of Ultima I've been through). That being said, at just 1 serving I noticed the nootropic effect I've come to know and love. My mind stopped wandering back to my MCAT formulas, and I saw only the weights. In fact, it essentially cleared my mind, and I just operated like a machine in the gym...it was weird, but awesome. Two thumbs up on the focus...pretty stellar considering it's coming from just 1-2 ingredients.

9/10

Pump

I'm going to be honest...I didn't expect much of a pump from Novem. But I did get a solid one going. Probably due to increased training intensity and maybe even the taurine, I don't know. Now was it the best pump I've ever gotten? Of course not. But it was slightly above middle of the road, which I'm pleased with, considering I could care less about the pump :D.

7.5/10

Endurance

Endurance on Novem was definitely above average. Intraworkout, I was zoned into my session the whole time...like I said above, I was operating almost mechanically. In that respect, I never felt tired or lost my pace. As far as intraset, the endurance was solid. Nothing too earthshattering, but I had the endurance to push out an extra rep or two above what I would normally do without a preworkout.

8.5/10

Overall

9/10

Novem took me by surprise. Don't be fooled by its small formula. It's simple, but very effective. Most everything is dosed exactly as you'd want it to be, and I have to say that the energy and focus were very unexpected and allowed me to increase my training intensity on the days I used it. Huge HUGE Improvement over Quake 10, which is thoroughly hated lol. Novem is definitely worth buying as well, considering that unlike many formulas out there, 1 serving is all you need.

For those looking for a creatine product, Novem is also for you. Just use it every workout day at 1-1.5 scoops, toss in a little BA, and enjoy the energy you get from it.

[size=+3]
SAN Fierce[/size]

Alright, let me give you guys the run-down. On first glance, the profile looks like it has potential. 4 mini-prop blends.

Blend #1: The Creatine Blend. Now the first time I looked at this, I thought it was solid. It has your daily dose of creatine, and it clearly has a ton of malate which has ergogenic benefits. But I was positive that the creatine nitrate was underdosed...after all, who would dose it highly when it's in a prop blend? Well, anecdotally, I was way off. I know my body, and I know two things: 1g CN gives me crazy pumps, and 2g CN gives me headaches. So what did I do? I used 1 sample of Fierce, and experienced some OUTRAGEOUS pumps. So I was like "ok, CN may be dosed pretty well." To finish off my self-test, I tried it with 6 caps of C-bol, and sure enough, I got a nitrate headache. I am almost positive there's around ~1g CN in this blend. Maybe a rep can confirm. Anyway, pretty big of SAN not to skimp on the dosing in a prop blend.

Blend #2: Energy blend. I'm gonna disregard the first 2 ingredients and moved on to the tyrosine and caffeine. At 200mg caffeine, this is perfect for combining with things like ephedrine. Also, they didn't skimp on the tyrosine dose...the focus is definitely there.

Blend #3: The endurance blend. BA and aspartic acid...fine. The kicker here is a HIGH AND ADEQUATE dose of Gluc (I'm not spelling it out...it is henceforth just "G"). The effects of the G on mood and perceived energy are very noticeable from Fierce...definitely around 1 gram IMO.

Blend #4: The Meh blend. I know, poison, I know...you love arginine and ornithine. Well I won't pass judgment because pumps and endurance were fantastic on fierce, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say there MAY be some merit in using arginine with nitrates. MAYBE.

9/10

Mixability

The samples mixed pretty quickly except for a little bit of grit, that stayed at the bottom of the cup. Unfortunately, this grit was bitter and chalky as hell, but who cares...it's a preworkout, FORCE IT IN.

8/10

Taste

All my samples were the cherry. I know a lot of people didn't like it, but I personally LOVED the flavor (minus the bitter grit at the bottom). I will say this...it tastes NOTHING like cherries lol. But it's still very good, like a sweet passionfruit shake.

9.5/10

Energy

I LOVE the energy on Fierce. It really is one of the top energy products I've ever tried. It doesn't overstim me at all, and I definitely get a mood uplift from the G. The energy doesn't creep in or hit you...in fact, I can barely even notice it's there. I just feel more motivated and slightly happier while on it. I actually prefer this because I don't feel like I'm entering a new world after I take my preworkout like I do with some products. My mindset and thought process are clear, and I do everything with a level head. I know it has 200mg caffeine, but it doesn't feel like it. Felt a lot like XF Vengeance actually. A+

9.5/10

Focus

Again, I'm spoiled, repping for SNS and being a longtime Ultima user. It's tough to impress me in the focus department. While SAN Fierce didn't change my mindset as I noted above, I feel like the energy and performance benefits indirectly played into the focus. The tyrosine + caffeine combo is tried and true, and I honestly had such a nice mood uplift on Fierce that I just wanted to lift and not socialize. The mildest aspect of Fierce, IMO, but still well done.

8.5/10

Pumps

Ok. WTF. I know Fierce has creatine nitrate. But these pumps...I'm telling you, they are BEYOND most nitrate products out there. Damn near beyond agmatine and hemavol. I'm doing 5/3/1. I don't train for pumps. I almost never get pumps, ever. But doing 1 set of pullups, or 1 set of curls, or even 1 set of shoulder press, had my muscles inflated like I'd been doing multiple sets of high rep work. NO POISON DON't COME IN HERE AND SAY IT WAS THE ARGININE :p. JK, obviously the formula of Fierce is well done because as far as stimulant-based products go, THIS IS THE SINGLE BEST PUMP SUPPLEMENT I'VE EVER USED.

10/10

Endurance

Fierce is very similar to XF Vengeance in this regard as well. I feel like it's Vengeance's more stimmed cousin actually. The endurance is FANTASTIC. On my all-out sets that Jim Wendler prescribes, I was pushing new PRs every time I used Fierce. And this is NOT placebo because these all-out sets have me going to failure every time. Particuarly with respect to squats and deadlifts, which were going in the 10-12 rep range on my all-out sets, I could eek out an extra 1-2 reps, and was actually surprised how easily they came, considering the week before I was struggling mightily. And this was during an intense cutting period, so I was only seeking to maintain strength, not improve. Interset endurance was also elevated...I wanted to workout longer cuz I felt so damn good. But the intraset endurance is where this really shined. Nitrates + malate + aspartic acid ftw.

9.5/10

Overall

9.5/10

Here is something to consider. With Fierce, you only EVER need 1 scoop. And you also hit your daily creatine needs each time you use it. Considering this...

Fierce is a WINNER. One of the best lightly stimmed formulas on the market.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So this is just preworkout mixes, not pills correct? Nice compilation though :thumbsup:

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
So this is just preworkout mixes, not pills correct? Nice compilation though :thumbsup:
Thanks man!

I haven't omitted anything on purpose, this is just everything I've tried up to this point in time. SAN Fierce and Launch4350 will be added soon too.

Pills and powder are included.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice and informative. This should help a lot of people.

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Very helpful for a lot of people I'm sure. Good stuff.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Very nicely done, thanks for taking the time. Id be remisce if i didnt ask where n2kts is though ;)

Also looking forward to the fierce review, in the 10 something years ive taken pre workouts, nothing has touched a double scoop of fierce for me.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
This is a great post! Very informative. Helpful as well (im looking for a new preWO)

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Great reviews. We gotta get some WYKED to you!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What!!?? No N2KTS?.....nice review of preworkouts bud!!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Nice and informative. This should help a lot of people.
Very helpful for a lot of people I'm sure. Good stuff.
Thank you!

Very nicely done, thanks or taking the time. Id be remisce if i didnt ask where n2kts is though ;)

Also looking forward to the fierce review, in the 10 something years ive taken pre workouts, nothing has touced a double scoop of fierce for me.
I still have to try n2kts, but I hear nothing but good things. Fierce is something special...I've only ever done 1 scoop and its enough for me.

This is a great post! Very informative. Helpful as well (im looking for a new preWO)
Glad to be of service!

Great reviews. We gotta get some WYKED to you!
Looks intriguing!

What!!?? No N2KTS?.....nice review of preworkouts bud!!
Thank you sir!

Preworkout addicted!
Haha, the catch is that I got most of these for free :D.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome reviews! I still need to give FocusXT a shot, it's on my next pre-workout to try list:)

You have to give Anabolic Ignite a try by Muscle Feast, it was the first time trying it Friday and I was impressed, good stuff for sure, it's not stim so I think a scoop of FocusXT would make a killer combo:)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
dude nice work cooper. thats a heck of a list. if everyone did that we could really zero in on which ones work the best.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow, that is a pretty impressive list man.. if I had the time I would time something up like that as I have used a lot in my day as well! :)

Mike

redemption79

Awards
  • Established
Wow, that's a list for sure. Thanks for putting all the work (and adrenaline) into it. Any clear leaders in the taste department? Any you couldn't stand/stomach? I know most of us don't take supps for the taste, but I have had some that made me sick enough to negatively affect (or halt) my workouts.

T50

T50

Awards
  • Established
Great post man, very clear to the point reviews. Thanks

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
Combustion, N2KTS, Dexaprine, Wyked? Those seem to be the more popular ones these days.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
dude i would of needed a pre workout just to make that list!

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The next step, Coop needs to buy every bulk powder from NP and mix them differently and then comment on his own mixes

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I see you havent reviewed/tried APS Mesomorph. Definitely a great preworkout.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see you havent reviewed/tried APS Mesomorph. Definitely a great preworkout.
as always great work Coop!! I would also like to hear your thoughts about meso...esp if you like San's launch powder...when/if you get the chance.... :)

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That is a very interesting read. Thanks Coop.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting since I've tried most of the preworkout products listed. I would give many of them a slightly different rating however. I am currently using Wyked and Body Octane Game Day. Both are good and I'm having a difficult deciding which I like best. They both taste great and provide excellent energy and focus. I think I would give the edge to Body Octane Game Day for two reasons. It contains Citrulline Malate and it does not have a proprietary blend. Neither provides a very good pump IMO.

Cocaine4PWO

Banned
Awards
Very interesting since I've tried most of the preworkout products listed. I would give many of them a slightly different rating however. I am currently using Wyked and Body Octane Game Day. Both are good and I'm having a difficult deciding which I like best. They both taste great and provide excellent energy and focus. I think I would give the edge to Body Octane Game Day for two reasons. It contains Citrulline Malate and it does not have a proprietary blend. Neither provides a very good pump IMO.
which ratings would u have changed?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Adamantium and Premax next!!!!

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Well for one thing most of these products work well initially but soon lose effectivness. I agree with Ultima as a 10/10 but you need to use it over time to reap the best results. It's very unique in this regard. I would also give JP8 a 10/10 for effectiveness but a 0/10 for taste. It has never lost effectivenss for me, I just can't handle the taste. Most of the others I would only change by a point or two but I look for energy first, focus second and pump third. Moreover, I like good clean energy not a "cracked out" energy. Everyone has slightly different goals. For a good pump either Pump-o-Bol or Creatine Nitrate work best for me. GPLC works but I have to take very high doses and this makes it very expensive. Agmatine has never done much for me.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well for one thing most of these products work well initially but soon lose effectivness. I agree with Ultima as a 10/10 but you need to use it over time to reap the best results. It's very unique in this regard. I would also give JP8 a 10/10 for effectiveness but a 0/10 for taste. It has never lost effectivenss for me, I just can't handle the taste. Most of the others I would only change by a point or two but I look for energy first, focus second and pump third. Moreover, I like good clean energy not a "cracked out" energy. Everyone has slightly different goals. For a good pump either Pump-o-Bol or Creatine Nitrate work best for me. GPLC works but I have to take very high doses and this makes it very expensive. Agmatine has never done much for me.
I liked Agmatine and Creatine Nitrate. Sounds you could use some GMS :D Cheap Pump that will blow your mind.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
while putting additional pressure on your muscle fibras . . . no thanks.

with ArA however, should be a staple
GMS in moderate doses is not bad to take.

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A few I believe would be good additions: Scivation Novem, APS Mesomorph, NTKTS (since you review Jack3d it is kind of required) and Purus Muscle Marinade (similar strength to Maximize V2 I believe).

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
GMS in moderate doses is not bad to take.
there are far better alternatives for a pump.

maybe its just me but I dont like having additional water surrounding my muscle fibers simply to get a pumped look in the gym

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I have a tub of GlycerGrow. The stuff is dirt cheap but I can't figure out how to make it work. I've numerous methods of supplementation. Many people rave about the pump form this product. It just doesn't work for me I guess.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
there are far better alternatives for a pump.

maybe its just me but I dont like having additional water surrounding my muscle fibers simply to get a pumped look in the gym
,any people believe that stretching the muscle fascia is an effective way to aid in muscle growth

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
A few I believe would be good additions: Scivation Novem, APS Mesomorph, NTKTS (since you review Jack3d it is kind of required) and Purus Muscle Marinade (similar strength to Maximize V2 I believe).
Novem and Muscle Marinade are up there! Quite a few to shuffle through I know :D. Mesomorph honestly looks sick. And N2kts looks like a better version of jack3d.

,any people believe that stretching the muscle fascia is an effective way to aid in muscle growth
Not to mention GMS sandwiches the muscle fascia rather than stretching it...

My top 3 as of now for those interested:

Non-stim:
1. Ultima
2. Pumpbol
3. Clout

Low-stim:

1. Vengeance
2. SAN Fierce
3. Focus XT

High stim:

1. Presurge Unleashed
2. FlashOver
3. C4 Extreme

MidniteGunner

MidniteGunner

Awards
Great post cooper.
Repped

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adamantium and Premax next!!!!
Nice combo:D

I never had the chance to try Pre-max yet, I'd like to see Nutraplanet sell pre-max.

I have a tub of GlycerGrow. The stuff is dirt cheap but I can't figure out how to make it work. I've numerous methods of supplementation. Many people rave about the pump form this product. It just doesn't work for me I guess.
How are you dosing Glycergrow? I like 3 scoops pre-workout and 1 scoop intra.

I liked Agmatine and Creatine Nitrate. Sounds you could use some GMS :D Cheap Pump that will blow your mind.
Creatine Nitrate and GMS def give some crazy pumps, that combo and even adding in a couple slin sanes with my pre-workout meal works best for me.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mr.cooper69 again.

You have waaay too much money on your hands to be trying all these pre-workouts. I'll gladly take some so I can buy some Anabeta :cheers:

Just kidding. Awesome thread!

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mr.cooper69 again.

You have waaay too much money on your hands to be trying all these pre-workouts. I'll gladly take some so I can buy some Anabeta :cheers:

Just kidding. Awesome thread!
Haha thanks. Believe it or not, I barely have enough money for food and haven't bought a supplement in ages lol...I just have a lot of good friends :).

50Carbs

Awards
Impressive reviews, mr.cooper69, lots of useful information and insight. Thanks! Question: Have you had a chance to try Hemavol?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
How are you dosing Glycergrow? I like 3 scoops pre-workout and 1 scoop intra.
I've tried just about every combo known to man. I've even tried taking it throughout the day. It's not water soluble so how can it be absorbed into the muscle fibers when taken 30 -45 min preworkout?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've tried just about every combo known to man. I've even tried taking it throughout the day. It's not water soluble so how can it be absorbed into the muscle fibers when taken 30 -45 min preworkout?
It's not absorbed in the muscle fibers! It draws fluid into the interstitium, not the myocyte. This is why the pump from GMS is purely cosmetic and does not "volumize" muscles by any stretch of the imagination. Don't stress over it man, you're not missing out on anything :).

@50Carbs - I have yet to try hemavol.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not absorbed in the muscle fibers! It draws fluid into the interstitium, not the myocyte. This is why the pump from GMS is purely cosmetic and does not "volumize" muscles by any stretch of the imagination. Don't stress over it man, you're not missing out on anything :).

@50Carbs - I have yet to try hemavol.
I liked GMS :( lol

not solely by itself but with other things I got some wickeddd pumpz

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
I liked GMS :( lol

not solely by itself but with other things I got some wickeddd pumpz
preworkout carbs do the same thing cosmetically, while also having additional benefits :)

add in a gda with those carbs, and there's your pump concoction.