A Review of Every Preworkout Supplement (Almost)!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.

Thumbs up

Great post cooper.
    Repped
    Lift Hard, Love Long, and Live Happy

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BBB View Post
    I have a tub of GlycerGrow. The stuff is dirt cheap but I can't figure out how to make it work. I've numerous methods of supplementation. Many people rave about the pump form this product. It just doesn't work for me I guess.
    Save it for an X-Factor run.

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteGunner View Post
    Great post cooper.
    Repped
    Thanks bro
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlackGuy View Post
    Adamantium and Premax next!!!!
    Nice combo

I never had the chance to try Pre-max yet, I'd like to see Nutraplanet sell pre-max.

I have a tub of GlycerGrow. The stuff is dirt cheap but I can't figure out how to make it work. I've numerous methods of supplementation. Many people rave about the pump form this product. It just doesn't work for me I guess.
    How are you dosing Glycergrow? I like 3 scoops pre-workout and 1 scoop intra.

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I liked Agmatine and Creatine Nitrate. Sounds you could use some GMS Cheap Pump that will blow your mind.
    Creatine Nitrate and GMS def give some crazy pumps, that combo and even adding in a couple slin sanes with my pre-workout meal works best for me.
    CORE NUTRITIONALS Representative

If you have any questions feel free to email me at, tommy.day@corenutritionals.com
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mr.cooper69 again.

You have waaay too much money on your hands to be trying all these pre-workouts. I'll gladly take some so I can buy some Anabeta

Just kidding. Awesome thread!
  5. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mr.cooper69 again.

You have waaay too much money on your hands to be trying all these pre-workouts. I'll gladly take some so I can buy some Anabeta

Just kidding. Awesome thread!
    Haha thanks. Believe it or not, I barely have enough money for food and haven't bought a supplement in ages lol...I just have a lot of good friends .
  6. Registered User

Impressive reviews, mr.cooper69, lots of useful information and insight. Thanks! Question: Have you had a chance to try Hemavol?
  7. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgementDay View Post
    How are you dosing Glycergrow? I like 3 scoops pre-workout and 1 scoop intra.
    I've tried just about every combo known to man. I've even tried taking it throughout the day. It's not water soluble so how can it be absorbed into the muscle fibers when taken 30 -45 min preworkout?
  8. Registered User

I've tried just about every combo known to man. I've even tried taking it throughout the day. It's not water soluble so how can it be absorbed into the muscle fibers when taken 30 -45 min preworkout?
    It's not absorbed in the muscle fibers! It draws fluid into the interstitium, not the myocyte. This is why the pump from GMS is purely cosmetic and does not "volumize" muscles by any stretch of the imagination. Don't stress over it man, you're not missing out on anything .

@50Carbs - I have yet to try hemavol.
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    It's not absorbed in the muscle fibers! It draws fluid into the interstitium, not the myocyte. This is why the pump from GMS is purely cosmetic and does not "volumize" muscles by any stretch of the imagination. Don't stress over it man, you're not missing out on anything .

I liked GMS lol

not solely by itself but with other things I got some wickeddd pumpz
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  10. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fightbackhxc View Post
    I liked GMS lol

not solely by itself but with other things I got some wickeddd pumpz
    preworkout carbs do the same thing cosmetically, while also having additional benefits

add in a gda with those carbs, and there's your pump concoction.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNico View Post
    preworkout carbs do the same thing cosmetically, while also having additional benefits

add in a gda with those carbs, and there's your pump concoction.
    I am not a big carb guy. I have a few carbs preworkout but not an insane amount.
  12. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

I have used Hemavol and it works quite well if taken as directed but it's quite expensive.
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

I have used Hemavol and it works quite well if taken as directed but it's quite expensive.
    I have always been curious about this one...never tried it...but i agree its a bit pricey.
  14. Never enough
    Board Moderator
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

speaking of hemavol, what about hemadraulix?
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  15. Registered User

My top 3 as of now for those interested:

Non-stim:
    1. Ultima
    2. Pumpbol
    3. Clout

Low-stim:

1. Vengeance
    2. SAN Fierce
    3. Focus XT

High stim:

1. Presurge Unleashed
    2. FlashOver
    3. C4 Extreme
    This is easily one of the most informative threads on pre-workout I have seen in a long time. Thanks a lot for this! Question: which non-stim and low-stim supplement have you found to be the most effective for strength gains? Is it still Ultima and Vengeance or something else?
  16. Registered User

Great reviews!
  17. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

I tried a sample pack of HemodrauliX once and it seemed to work pretty well as far as a good pump is concerned. I might try it again some day. Thus far I am really enjoying the pump I'm getting from Pump-O-Bol.
  18. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

I hear what you're saying. I think I'll just tank my tub of GlyerGrow. There are much better things on the market. Thanks.
  19. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

i think Lit Up is one of the best tasting. especially if u add lemonade to the peach tea
  20. Registered User

"Omega Sports Ultima - After coming off a heavy stent with stims, this was my go-to supp. For the first week, I felt nothing. It just couldn't compete with 400mg caffeine. But then the effects slowly crept in. Now that I have been stim-free for 4 months, the effects are outstanding. My focus after taking it is simply unreal. I do get very real stim-free energy. I don't get pumps from this, but instead I get something much greater: consistent improvements in performance. I can't explain how, but this amazing blend has given me consistent improvements in strength, endurance, and overall health ever since I started using it. To date, the best preworkout I have ever tried."

Hmmm...I have heard awesome things about Ultima but the feedback I got on "Trinitine" was it gave good pumps.
  21. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ducati7 View Post
    "Omega Sports Ultima - After coming off a heavy stent with stims, this was my go-to supp. For the first week, I felt nothing. It just couldn't compete with 400mg caffeine. But then the effects slowly crept in. Now that I have been stim-free for 4 months, the effects are outstanding. My focus after taking it is simply unreal. I do get very real stim-free energy. I don't get pumps from this, but instead I get something much greater: consistent improvements in performance. I can't explain how, but this amazing blend has given me consistent improvements in strength, endurance, and overall health ever since I started using it. To date, the best preworkout I have ever tried."

Hmmm...I have heard awesome things about Ultima but the feedback I got on "Trinitine" was it gave good pumps.
    Trinitine is a creatine and will produce no pumps lol.
  22. Registered User

A lot of the products that give you a great pump contain nitrates. I have heard that nitrates should be avoided for health reasons, but I have also heard that they are naturally found in vegetables. So what do you guys think about potential side effects from nitrates in the pre-workout products?
  23. Registered User

I hear what you're saying. I think I'll just tank my tub of GlyerGrow. There are much better things on the market. Thanks.
    you should try selling it. Im sure someone out there wants some
  24. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

he can always send it my way lol
  25. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by John33 View Post
    A lot of the products that give you a great pump contain nitrates. I have heard that nitrates should be avoided for health reasons, but I have also heard that they are naturally found in vegetables. So what do you guys think about potential side effects from nitrates in the pre-workout products?
    It's safe if you don't go crazy (unfortunately, us BBers go crazy with everything haha). From a knowledgeable man:

"it would seem as though the carcinogenic potential [might] be an issue for those who chronically use nitrate formulas that do not incorporate antioxidants/nitrosation inhibitors into the formula. In terms of nitrates, ThermoLife seems to be in a category by themselves in respect to insuring the health of the consumer. When you look at the majority of nitrate marketing [not that there's much at this point], there seems to be an absence of emphasis on this subject. "
  26. Registered User

howd the exam go coop? or is that tomorrow
  27. Registered User

And SAN Fierce has been added to post #2.
    awesome review of fierce cooper. I told you man, I knew I wasn't the only one who thought fierce was just absolutely ridiculous! The pumps on it are down right SICK. Imagine it at 2 scoops bro. It's nuts.

Still haven't found anything that touches it...yet.
  28. Registered User

It's safe if you don't go crazy (unfortunately, us BBers go crazy with everything haha). From a knowledgeable man:

"it would seem as though the carcinogenic potential [might] be an issue for those who chronically use nitrate formulas that do not incorporate antioxidants/nitrosation inhibitors into the formula. In terms of nitrates, ThermoLife seems to be in a category by themselves in respect to insuring the health of the consumer. When you look at the majority of nitrate marketing [not that there's much at this point], there seems to be an absence of emphasis on this subject. "
    Makes sense.

While we are on the subject of safety and potential side effects, what are your thoughts on synephrine and Citrus Aurantium (bitter orange) that are in a lot of pre-workout formulas? I have been reading that it is basically an ephedrine, which was banned because it may cause a heart attack or a stroke, and other side effects? Is it really true? Is there a real danger or are those claims highly exaggerated?
  29. Registered User

Makes sense.

While we are on the subject of safety and potential side effects, what are your thoughts on synephrine and Citrus Aurantium (bitter orange) that are in a lot of pre-workout formulas? I have been reading that it is basically an ephedrine, which was banned because it may cause a heart attack or a stroke, and other side effects? Is it really true? Is there a real danger or are those claims highly exaggerated?
    I think you are confusing methylsynephrine and synephrine hcl. Synephrine hcl can be great IF you have the proper form. Synephrine really isn't very dangerous, though I don't see much use for it in preworkout products.
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  188 lbs.

Sweet reviews, presurge and 1mr are both now 1,3 free. Time to try them again lol. One day ill try ultima
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by R1balla View Post
    i think Lit Up is one of the best tasting. especially if u add lemonade to the peach tea
    LIT UP is pretty tatsey, do you have those samples yet?
  32. Registered User

And SAN Fierce has been added to post #2.
    I received my samples of SAN Fierce today, cannot wait to try it tomorrow, but they have also included samples of Launch Full Impact 4350, which seems to be another pre-workout product. Have you had a chance to try Launch? It seems to contain more stimulants than Fierce.
  33. Registered User

My top 3 as of now for those interested:

Non-stim:
    1. Ultima
    2. Pumpbol
    3. Clout

Low-stim:

1. Vengeance
    2. SAN Fierce
    3. Focus XT
    I have tried Pump-Bol and Fierce. I need to use both a few more times, but my initial impression is that Fierce produces a better pump, which is interesting, because I was expecting Pump-Bol to produce a better pump. Punp-Bol tastes better, however, so that is a plus. In your review, if I am not mistaken, you said that Fierce gave you the best pump of them all, right? Do you have any idea why?
  34. Registered User

I have tried Pump-Bol and Fierce. I need to use both a few more times, but my initial impression is that Fierce produces a better pump, which is interesting, because I was expecting Pump-Bol to produce a better pump. Punp-Bol tastes better, however, so that is a plus. In your review, if I am not mistaken, you said that Fierce gave you the best pump of them all, right? Do you have any idea why?
    I said SAN Fierce gave the best pump of any stimulant-based product I've ever used (pumpbol, agmatine, and the like are still superior for pumps IMO). My only guess with Fierce is that they gave us a FULL dose of creatine nitrate, and that since it has caffeine, the pump was augmented (yes, during exercise caffeine is a vasodilator, NOT a vasoconstrictor).
  35. Registered User

I said SAN Fierce gave the best pump of any stimulant-based product I've ever used (pumpbol, agmatine, and the like are still superior for pumps IMO).
    Interesting, I got no pump from Agamatine at all.

Anyway, have you used PLCAR, GPLC or LCLT? If you have, how would you rate them?
  36. Registered User

Interesting, I got no pump from Agamatine at all.

Anyway, have you used PLCAR, GPLC or LCLT? If you have, how would you rate them?
    I've used them all. Tough to compare them since they're totally different.

LCLT was great for HIIT when I used it. Also reduced soreness, not placebo by any means.

GPLC did not do much for pumps for me. I used MHP NO Bomb and noticed no difference.

PLCAR is great when you're stim-free and need an energy boost. It really wakes you up without stimming you up.
  37. Registered User

I said SAN Fierce gave the best pump of any stimulant-based product I've ever used (pumpbol, agmatine, and the like are still superior for pumps IMO). My only guess with Fierce is that they gave us a FULL dose of creatine nitrate, and that since it has caffeine, the pump was augmented (yes, during exercise caffeine is a vasodilator, NOT a vasoconstrictor).
    Im glad you included that explanation for caffeine at the end. I almost saw another glutamine thread starting because of that statement . . . lol
  38. BBB
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.

I get the best pumps from Pump-O-Bol. GPLC works at very high doses which makes it expensive. As far as GPLC is concerned NO-Bomb worked best for me but you have to take it about two hours prior to your workout. Timing is critical with this product which makes it kind of a pain. I get nothing from Agamatine as far a pumps are concerned. C-Bol is a close second to Pump-O-Bol. Here again nitrates. As I said before GlyerGrow and/or glycerin doesn't do a thing for me.
  39. Registered User

PLCAR is great when you're stim-free and need an energy boost. It really wakes you up without stimming you up.
    What is the right way to dose PLCAR?

Also, I am assuming you have tried ALCAR as well. How does it compare to PLCAR? Does it make sense to use them both?
  40. Registered User

What is the right way to dose PLCAR?

Also, I am assuming you have tried ALCAR as well. How does it compare to PLCAR? Does it make sense to use them both?
    I'd stack both if you could. ALCAR is my favorite carnitine form due to the ridiculous amount of benefits it confers for overall health. PLCAR should be dosed 2g/day.

ALCAR gives me focus. PLCAR gives me energy.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. best preworkout or all in one supplement...
    By Gym4Life in forum Supplements
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 09:47 PM
  2. My next preworkout Supplement?
    By xpin2winx in forum Supplements
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-05-2009, 06:44 PM
  3. Best NO Supplement - Non Preworkout
    By jrw in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-17-2009, 03:53 PM
  4. BEST PREWORKOUT SUPPLEMENT!?