SAN Na-R-ALA or Glycobol when in low carb?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

SAN Na-R-ALA or Glycobol when in low carb?

Hi all,

I was considering getting Glycobol but I read lotsa people had stomach problems with it,
    also, I'm in low carb all year round, (often in calories deficit also) and my plan was just to use ONE Glycobol cap with my
    post WO meal (the only one containing carbs, enough to justify the use of it), but I do have a sensitive stomach
    to begin with, and I read about the vanadium possible toxicity etc..

Anyway, bottom line, since my use of Glycobol would be "light" would I be better of with the San Na-R-Ala caps instead?

AFAIK that's the main active ingredient right? And I didn't find anything about stomach problems with that

Any help will be much appreciated!
    ..:: ENHANCED BODY FORMULATIONS ::..
    Recompadrol & AAV2 - PM me with any questions

2. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I would buy na-rala in bulk to take how you like, I loved glycobol before bed and workouts. The pumps on glycobol are better then na-rala alone trust me I've used both for a long time.
  3. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Thanks for the reply,

is NaRala alone effective enough as partitioner?

•   

4. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Thanks for the reply,

5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoKal47 View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

depends of what you eat ALA is a great antioxidant you can stack Na-R-Ala plus Cinnamon (cinnulin)

check this too: The Best Insulin Mimicker?
    SNS Online Representative
    Maxximal @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

Got Glycophase ...?

6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

I always used Glycobol with low carbs (1cap) usually when it ranges from 25-50g of carbs. Itll last pretty long as well if u have a low carb diet. Never had any stomache discomfort.
  7. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MAxximal View Post
    depends of what you eat ALA is a great antioxidant you can stack Na-R-Ala plus Cinnamon (cinnulin)

check this too:
    I'll take a look at it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    I always used Glycobol with low carbs (1cap) usually when it ranges from 25-50g of carbs. Itll last pretty long as well if u have a low carb diet. Never had any stomache discomfort.
    Exactly my thought, that was pretty much my plan. Maybe not the way these products were meant to be used but I thought one could still be benefit from them.

I was just wondering if na-r-ala - as opposed to glycobol - used this way would be a waste or it would still give me some good partitioning effect.

How much more effective glycobol is compared to na-r-ala itself?

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.

Glycobol dosed at 1cap will give partitioning effects. They say 2caps bcause thats usually for 50g or more. One cap def works as i did it for every pre workout meal. (two hours before workout). Wont be a waste at one cap is my point.
  9. Registered User

bulk na rala is extremely effective as mentioned. The hard part is finding a place that carries it in bulk at a good price. I've not tried glycobol, but I've heard of stomach discomfort from it as welll, recompadrol gave me some of the worst GI symptoms ever, however glycobol does not share any of the same ingredients.

N2slin has 200mg of na rala in it, you could give that a shot Plus a bunch of other goodies in it for increasing thyroid output, cAMP, etc...
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

regular ALA may result in a greater amount of liver glycogen storage and may even result in more fat storage than intended.
    so i don`t know if the same rules applies to all?

Got Glycophase ...?

11. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Glycobol dosed at 1cap will give partitioning effects. They say 2caps bcause thats usually for 50g or more. One cap def works as i did it for every pre workout meal. (two hours before workout). Wont be a waste at one cap is my point.
    That was what I was wondering, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    bulk na rala is extremely effective as mentioned. The hard part is finding a place that carries it in bulk at a good price. I've not tried glycobol, but I've heard of stomach discomfort from it as welll, recompadrol gave me some of the worst GI symptoms ever, however glycobol does not share any of the same ingredients.

N2slin has 200mg of na rala in it, you could give that a shot Plus a bunch of other goodies in it for increasing thyroid output, cAMP, etc...
    SAN Na-Rala at 1 cps a day for me wold be cheap enough, if that'd do the trick I'd be ok with it

regular ALA may result in a greater amount of liver glycogen storage and may even result in more fat storage than intended.
    so i don`t know if the same rules applies to all?
    This doesn't sound good. I wonder if applies to Na-Rala as well

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

I noticed this effects in doses of 900-1200mg of ALA daily but with doses of 300mg first thing and another 300mg 20-30min before workouts is ok but Na-Rala needs be dosed @ 200mg one or two times a day

Got Glycophase ...?

13. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

So going with the SAN Na-Rala (100mg a cap) would be 1 or 2 with my postWO shake

200mg is the minimum dose for it to be effective? (in which case would be 2cps postWO)

At this point it's cheaper to go with Glycobol (250mg a cap), I'm only worried about the stomach problems with that one
    as they seem pretty common

14. Registered User

So going with the SAN Na-Rala (100mg a cap) would be 1 or 2 with my postWO shake

200mg is the minimum dose for it to be effective? (in which case would be 2cps postWO)

At this point it's cheaper to go with Glycobol (250mg a cap), I'm only worried about the stomach problems with that one
    I wouldn't go over 400 of it in one single dose personally. But I mean play around with it, ya dig?
  15. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.

I purchases mine in bulk from nutra, I suggest doing that since no problem with stomach and will last you longer. The only down side is you do not ever mix it with any liquid as it will make anything taste like acid. I purchased everything in need2slin in bulk and take that as well as I buy na-rala caps for 12 dollars for the days I'm on the run.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Did you has been used Na-Rala before?

When I used the first time in Atkins Diet I go hypoglycemic all day but decided only used 2 times per day with 200mg caps only. For some people is strong for others not.

If you use it correctly you win

Got Glycophase ...?

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by MakaveliThaDon View Post
    I wouldn't go over 400 of it in one single dose personally. But I mean play around with it, ya dig?
    This!!!!!!

Got Glycophase ...?

18. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Thanks guys,
    unfortunately i'm in EU and I can't find bulk, Predator's got only Glycobol and SAN NA-Rala, P-slin, need2slin are on backorder and during summer this could take
    a while. I might go with Glycobol, they have a 28 sample size bottle, which is my plan works and it won't give me stomach problems it'll last 28 days, enough to understand if
    it's ok for me or not. Worse case scenario it's gon' be 10 bucks wasted

19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.

need2slin should be back around soon across the pond. it was out of stock here for a bit but has been back for a little while.
  20. Registered User

Pardon my repeating of what may have already been suggested here... but when it comes to GDAs and Repartitioning Agents, I pride myself as somewhat of a resource having tried them all and researched them all with what could be called obsessive fervor.

I would highly suggest either going with what I have found to be the best stack available, Need 2 Slin + Recompadrol, or, buy Bulk na-r-ala from Geranova (there are a couple sites that sell it for around $1.00 per gram), combine that with bulk HCA powder, and bulk Gymnema 75%.

I have also found a pretty decent fat loss and thermogenic effect from starting Kelp caps, T3 PCT from ****, and Super Cayenne caps over the last couple weeks.
  21. Registered User

it would be a waste to take a gda post workout as muscle insulin sensitivity is super high . . . exercise is exerting its own "nutrient-partitioning" effects independent of what the gda will do.

^^ this is from mrcooper, btw
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding View Post
    Pardon my repeating of what may have already been suggested here... but when it comes to GDAs and Repartitioning Agents, I pride myself as somewhat of a resource having tried them all and researched them all with what could be called obsessive fervor.

I would highly suggest either going with what I have found to be the best stack available, Need 2 Slin + Recompadrol, or, buy Bulk na-r-ala from Geranova (there are a couple sites that sell it for around $1.00 per gram), combine that with bulk HCA powder, and bulk Gymnema 75%.

I have also found a pretty decent fat loss and thermogenic effect from starting Kelp caps, T3 PCT from ****, and Super Cayenne caps over the last couple weeks.
    The Most Powerful stack i used was Recompadrol plus Momordica Charantia [25% Charantin] this is TOTALLY SICK eat,eat,eat complex carbs and never get satiated simply sick and hungry all the time (low levels of sugar)

Got Glycophase ...?

23. Registered User

The Most Powerful stack i used was Recompadrol plus Momordica Charantia [25% Charantin] this is TOTALLY SICK eat,eat,eat complex carbs and never get satiated simply sick and hungry all the time (low levels of sugar)
    Where'd you get your momoridca from?
  24. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewNico View Post
    it would be a waste to take a gda post workout as muscle insulin sensitivity is super high . . . exercise is exerting its own "nutrient-partitioning" effects independent of what the gda will do.

I didn't think about this at all, I read that and felt very stupid.
    It makes totally sense and it seems so obvious. I don't eat carbs if not with the postWO meal, and I don't do cheat meals,
    so I guess I'd probably be better spending my $ somewhere else

I'm learning a lot in here, thank you all

25. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I didn't think about this at all, I read that and felt very stupid.
    It makes totally sense and it seems so obvious. I don't eat carbs if not with the postWO meal, and I don't do cheat meals,
    so I guess I'd probably be better spending my $ somewhere else

I'm learning a lot in here, thank you all

26. Registered User

dont totally throw the idea out the window . . . your daily carbs should be split pre and post workout . . . the pre carbs you can definitely use gda's for.
  27. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

dont totally throw the idea out the window . . . your daily carbs should be split pre and post workout . . . the pre carbs you can definitely use gda's for.
    I workout first thing in the morning, fasted, my first meal is my postwo one, I run way too lil carbs to even think about splitting them.

28. Registered User

I workout first thing in the morning, fasted, my first meal is my postwo one, I run way too lil carbs to even think about splitting them.
    why are you working out fasted?
    why are you taking in such little carbs? (just wondering with this one)
  29. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

why are you working out fasted?
    why are you taking in such little carbs? (just wondering with this one)
    Several reasons, I find working out fasted works a lot better on me for keeping my BF as low as it is,
    I'm in a low carb all year round, been doing it for years and my body is used to it, I'm not after gaining weight/bulking in general anyway,
    I'm sensitive to carbs, and it's also a psychological thing. Partially is also my schedule, I have to start my wo early in the morning
    because I tend to overtrain and my sessions are very long.
    I'm aware that theoretically there are things in my routine that don't add up and probably if I was a lil less paranoid i could
    improve, but somehow I did will my body to work in such hard conditions, I do like to push myself this much.
    I'm new to the forum, I wrote some background info in my anabeta log: anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/178912-my-anabeta-log.html
    (I see you had one as well )

30. Registered User

You should have a refeed day ~once a week right?

just use your gda for that day.
  31. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

You should have a refeed day ~once a week right?

just use your gda for that day.
    You're right, I *should*, but I don't. I'm aware of the concept and the possible benefits of having a refeed day,
    but I can't help feeling really bad if I eat carbs, especially if it's a day off.. On my days off I even cut them completely sometimes.
    My protein and BCAA intake is quite high as you imagine
    The whole idea of the gda was just for a possible better use of my postwo carbs
    but as you pointed out that's most likely not necessary

32. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Since we're at it and i'm sure is somehow related to this subject,

so very often I kind of pass out after my postwo meal (simple and complex carbs, my whey shake, plus creatine and bcaa)
    I literally can't stand and I need to lay down and often pass out for like 15/20 minutes.
    What does it mean? I always thought it was normal since I always work out to failure, and I mean *failure* and as I mentioned
    my sessions are very long, but maybe has something to do with the carbs? Because that seems to be causing it..

33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  235 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Where'd you get your momoridca from?
    from neogenix supremacy

Got Glycophase ...?

34. Registered User

Everyone here likes to push their body...just sayin

And not refeeding is less than optimal imo. For fat loss, strength, performance, anything at all.

from neogenix supremacy
    Good call.
  35. AK DoubleWide 47
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveGabe24 View Post
    Everyone here likes to push their body...just sayin

And not refeeding is less than optimal imo. For fat loss, strength, performance, anything at all.
    Yeah I know, I suppose I could give it a try, but I freak the hell out if I see that I'm losing tone
    I could try the na-rala or glycobol for that refeed day. Not sure, I'll consider it but I've been doing this for so
    long I'm a bit worried about how my body could react to that

36. Registered User

You'll find that you're going to be more defined after the refeed, actually.
  37. Registered User

Refeed. Stop resisting and DO IT. You need the boost in t3 and leptin, not to mention the boost in performance at the gym.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  38. Registered User

You'll find that you're going to be more defined after the refeed, actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Refeed. Stop resisting and DO IT. You need the boost in t3 and leptin, not to mention the boost in performance at the gym.
    ^^^ This.

Start with a 6 hour refeed, eat when you're hungry, and not until you're sick. Then see how many days it takes for you to reach baseline (original weight). Anytime before late Friday, early Saturday is too soon (lengthen the refeed window), and if u don't reach baseline then shorten it.

Don't worry about protein/fat too much, and eat whatever you're craving for carbs. Now's the time to get your fix and hold you over till the next refeed. My first refeeds were typically 500-600g carbs comfortably, my last two were around 900 and they've been tremendous in helping me maintain performance and continue leaning out.
  39. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor

That's quite the assumption. And likely very wrong.
    ForeRunner Labs
    The Future of Human Performance
    Please LIKE FRL on Facebook

40. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Royd The Noyd View Post
    That's quite the assumption. And likely very wrong.
    I would be interested in your reasoning. Particularly with respect to slin-sane, which is what I initially made that statement based upon.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kwik Carb Waxy maize carb ?
    By Xpballer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 01:52 AM
  2. Low Carb Versus Mod/Higher Carb
    By Blutarski in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3