How to lower blood sugar daily?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey everyone,

I'm trying to help my mother out, but finding a formula or creating a product VIA CC, in which she can take daily to keep her sugar levels at bay.

Im pretty sure she doesnt even eat alot of carbs... but her doctor says her levels are too high.

I found..

http://www.aaimedicine.com/jaaim/sep06/Blood_Sugar.pdf

I
nteresting... CC has 6-10 of these herbs...

Any products which would help her, or advice.

Thank you

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fenugreek standarized for 4 hydroxy-isoleucine, Gymnema, and Cinnamon bark standarized for cinnulin should as a whole help lower blood sugar, in part because they aid in malabsorption of the sugars. The one clinically proven supplement that has been shown to lower glucose levels is Chromium Picolanate, dosed 500-1000mcg before meals. It's a proven compound that acts on the cellular insulin receptor to facilitate glucose uptake. I've heard of plenty of type 2 diabetics complaining of hypo symptoms when they start a regimen including chromium. Also, look into Vandium Sulfate or Vanadyl(sp) as an adjunct with Chromium. The two have often been used together to facilitate proper blood sugar control.

Also, don't forget exercise. It's a great way to increase insulin sensativity as I'm sure you already know. :thumbsup:

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's this "experiment" that tested bulk powders compared to Need2Slin for lowering blood sugar. Seems like both work, but Need2Slin definitely has an advantage. I know many folks who use Need2Slin daily (1 pill 3 times a day, morning, noon and evening for more controlled blood glucose and insulin response, including myself. The other benefit is Na-R-ALA is a super antioxidant and helps with mitochondria/metabolism.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/needtobuildmuscle-mrsupps/168217-need-2-slin.html

NEED2SLIN - BLOOD SUGAR EXPERIMENT

INGREDIANTS:
1) 450mg gymnema sylvestre
2) 250mg Acetyl L-carnatine
3) 200mg NaR-ALA (NaR alpha lipoic acid)
4) 200mg L-norvaline
5) 90mg Coleus forskholi
6) 30mg synephrine HCI
7) 18mg Banaba leaf

Purpose:
What I expect from N2S is to create a larger than normal insulin release after intake of carbs and sugars. This insulin release is highly desired in bodybuilding b/c insulin helps shuttle nutrients and carbohydrates directly to the muscles for immediate repair. The reason it is advantageous to intake glucose (sugar) in what ever form you want after working out is because of the insulin response that follows. The reason insulin is released after drinking a sugary beverage is that this released works to lower your blood sugar levels and keep you within the normal range. Our body is constantly trying to maintain homeostasis, or internal equilibrium, hence the insulin spike.

insulin also "rapidly activates Protein synthesis by mRNA translation, the process through which the genetic code transcribed in the mRNA template is translated into Protein." This is fairly complicated so if you want to read more on this then Google it.

Experiment:
(Day 1) I will fast for a least 8 hours while I sleep and in the morning I will take my fasted blood sugar (one of 4 readings). I will then eat a wheat bagel (about 60 carbs) and drink about 9oz of Grape Juice (50 carbs/sugars) since both of these are fast acting carbohydrates. After I down I will take my blood sugar readings at 30 mins, 1 hr, and 1.5 hrs and record the results.

(Day 2) I will do the exact same thing as above but this time I will take N2Slin at a dosage of 3 capsules 35 minutes before eating the bagel then follow the protocol listed on Day 1.

(Day 3) I will do the exact same thing as above but this time I will take some supplements that should have a positive effect on my blood sugar profile about 35 minutes prior to eating the bagel and record the results as above. The supplements I will take are Chromium Picolinate (100mg), Gymnema (400mg), Alpha Lipoic Acid (200mg), & Cinnamon (1/4 teaspoon); all of which are supposed to either promote increased insulin cell binding, increase natural production of insulin at the periphery level, or increase the secretion of insulin at the pancreas.

(Day 4) This was added after the Conclusion in the Addendum section.

Results:
In my research of supplements that have the BEST potential to lower blood sugar/raise insulin I came across a few supplements that I assumed would be most effective for these purposes. The supplements used on Day 3 of this experiment are the ones that looked the most promising (Chromium Picolinate, Gymnema, Alpha Lipoic Acid [ALA], & Cinnamon). Two out of the 4 supplements I chose to use are in Need2Slin. The other ingredients in N2Slin are mentioned in some cases when and insulin response is desired but that is one of the reasons for this test, to determine if N2Slin is effective. From what I can tell Need2 has done a lot of research to put this product together and I am very interested in the results.

For this test I was able to borrow a blood monitor from my father who is diabetic (another reason for my interest in this product) and use it to test my blood glucose levels. These tests were conducted at the same time of the morning every day and I tried to be as symmetrical with everything I did every day for the most accurate results possible.

Day 1:
Fasting - 83 mg/dl
*now I down the bagel and grape juice
0.5 hr - 180 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 161 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 106 mg/dl

Note**About 30 minutes after ingesting the bagel and grape juice I got his overwhelming lethargic feeling as well as slightly blurred vision, and this lasted until my blood sugar dropped below 160. Injesting these two things may not do this to some people but I generally stay away from a lot of sugar so I was not used to this feeling at all but did recall on a couple occasions feeling this way.

Day 2:
Fasting - 87 mg/dl
*take Need2Slin 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
*down the bagel and grape juice
0.5 hr - 145 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 129 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 84 mg/dl

Note**I am very impressed with the results of N2Slin so far. I didn't get any of the symptoms from yesterday when ingesting the large quantity of carbs. I may duplicate the tests of Day 2 and see if I come up with the same results in a later post. Need2Slin has definitely increased the amount of insulin in response to the sugar level in my body. It will be interesting to see how the herbs and supps I will use tomorrow stack up.

Day 3:
Fasting - 86 mg/dl
*take chosen Supps 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
0.5 hr - 164 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 148 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 97 mg/dl

Note**Although I didn't have any of the same lethargy as on Day 1, I didn't feel as energetic as I did yesterday (Day 2) after taking the hand picked herbs and supplements.

Day 4:
See results of Day 4 after the Conclusion in the Addendum...

Conclusion:
Based on the results of Day 3, Need2Slin has proven itself to be even more effective than the hand picked supplements (chosen specifically for the purpose of increasing insulin response) that I thought might be more effective than Need2Slin based on the research I have done. Need2Slin is a very impressive supplement not only for the energetic feeling you get after a large meal with N2Slin, but in the fact that the blood results in this study were not even close!!

I would like to further note that this study was done solely out of my curiosity of the performance of this product as well as looking for a product that my father (Type 2 diabetic) can take to lower his blood sugar. I have no motive to advertise for Need2. I have used this product once before about a year ago where I noticed a better pump in the gym and a leaner look even on a high calorie diet. I wanted to put it to the test and see if it was worth spending the bucks for this product. Unlike other products where you simply have to 'believe' it's doing what it says, this type of supplement you can actually 'TEST' to see if it's doing what it's supposed to do!!

The 3 most anabolic compounds in the world of bodybuilding are AAS, GH, and insulin. If you can take a natural supplement like Need2Slin and increase the production of insulin within your own body then why take the risk of damaging your body by injecting insulin? Bodybuilders who understand how to use insulin properly can get away with this but for anyone that doesn't fully understand how to use it safely and is on the fence with whether they should use it or not, please start with a supplement like this that will not damage your body and will give you the effect you are looking for.

-----------------------------------------------------

Addendum:
Today I wanted to make sure that the results I got the first day I used N2Slin were not a fluke. I only did one test on it and it made me wonder if those results would be replicated if I tested again.

Day 4: (final test)
Fasting - 78 mg/dl
*take Need2Slin 35 minutes before ingesting the carbs
0.5 hr - 139 mg/dl
1.0 hr - 125 mg/dl
1.5 hr - 83 mg/dl

Note**My blood sugar started out lower this morning than usual maybe due to a clean diet yesterday and taking a couple N2Slin before dinner last night... Based on the results from today I am confident that N2Slin is controlling my blood sugar by raising my insulin levels! It's almost scary how close the numbers were from the first test. If I had started the test with a fasting blood sugar of 87 today, I do feel that the numbers I got on the first day using N2S would be even closer.

Actual post from CGAR on the NTBM website is here: http://www.needtobuildmuscle.net/forum/f2/need-2-slin-experiment-9015.html

Pretty good evidence (at least 1 data point) that even if you buy bulk powders, Need2Slin is superior.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
JUST beat me to it Milas. Good lookin out :)

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
JUST beat me to it Milas. Good lookin out :)
Thanks for the advice guys, but I don't think my 55 year old mother needs to be taking synephrine HCI.
She's also had breast cancer 3 times in the past, so I don't think any stims of any kind would be suitable for her.

I dont want any kind of product in which she needs to take carbs with, she doesnt train. Im looking for anything general she can take with no hassle. Thanks for your time.

:)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
She should probably see a doctor and get metformin if blood sugar is a real concern, especially given her condition. Apologies for not asking more questions first, I go in with the assumption people are generally healthy as supplements are not used to treat medical conditions.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I were in your shoes, I would suggest cinnulin (from cinnamon), chromium, and gymnema
^^^ this dosed before each primary meal should help. Also, put her on a standard walking routine if able. 20-30min of simple walking 3-4x week will aid her body into metabolizing additional circulating glucose.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
THose are good for sure, I like Need2Slin which contains Na-R-ALA, and definitely helps to lower blood sugar and even prolactin.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
THose are good for sure, I like Need2Slin which contains Na-R-ALA, and definitely helps to lower blood sugar and even prolactin.
He already said the synephrine was a no-go.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She should probably see a doctor and get metformin if blood sugar is a real concern, especially given her condition. Apologies for not asking more questions first, I go in with the assumption people are generally healthy as supplements are not used to treat medical conditions.[/QUOTE

Agreed 100%. There are many great, anti-diabetic oral medications available.

Mike

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
She should probably see a doctor and get metformin if blood sugar is a real concern, especially given her condition. Apologies for not asking more questions first, I go in with the assumption people are generally healthy as supplements are not used to treat medical conditions.
Yeah she does, but I don't think it's bad enough to get something strong.

It's just an issue, which they think could affect her health in regards to the cancers shes had in the past.

I dont ask that much, but Ill take on board all this general information and try create something for her and then make her get some blood work as she does... and she if it's helped! She doesnt even eat much sugar..

Its weird... but it's difficult dealing with 55 year olds who have no idea about supplements, or even telling me what the doctors say half the time! Im trying the best I can to help.

Im also getting her some r-spray!! :)

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah she does, but I don't think it's bad enough to get something strong.

It's just an issue, which they think could affect her health in regards to the cancers shes had in the past.

I dont ask that much, but Ill take on board all this general information and try create something for her and then make her get some blood work as she does... and she if it's helped! She doesnt even eat much sugar..

Its weird... but it's difficult dealing with 55 year olds who have no idea about supplements, or even telling me what the doctors say half the time! Im trying the best I can to help.

Im also getting her some r-spray!! :)
I'd start with the Na-R-ALA, it's good for a lot of things in older folks. If price is a concern, get the standard racemic ALA caps. I don't think R-ALA by itself is worth anything, either go all the way for Na-R-ALA or standard ALA. Good anti-oxidant too that would help with cancer concerns. Cheap, proven, effective (as long as she's not on thyroid medication).

Regarding the synephrine though, I don't believe there should be any concern, many older folks have used it at this dose without issue and it should not complicate breast cancer occurence. However, I understand your concern about stims and wouldn't push you to do something you're not comfortable with. Some people cannot tolerate anything, but the worst case scenario if she didn't like it you could always keep it for yourself! ;)

Hope you get it figured out, best of luck! My mother was put on Metformin recently, and she's not really willing to try ANYTHING to control her blood sugar, despite me and my father being VERY into supplements and natural health. Some people just won't change...