EVERYBODY READ!!!! A popular herb for druggies called kratom.Any place in fitness?

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.6%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

EVERYBODY READ!!!! A popular herb for druggies called kratom.Any place in fitness?

So theres an herb called kratom that you can get in head shops. Its supposed to relieve sore muscles, and small doses are supposed to provide energy while high doses act as a sedative. From what I hear, the experience is somewhat trippy(so dont tell evreyone at your gym or anything. It will only make it become illegal sooner). It is said to be addictive, although I dont knowhow valid that is. I know there are some really smart guys in here who could probably tell us something about the science of this product.

So I ask: # 1 What dose this stuff even do in the body? Is it healthy?
    # 2 Dose it have a place in workouts, or would it make you too druged out to be safe with a heavy weight over your head.

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.61%

It is a COX2 inhibitor, and it inhibits prostaglandins, so it would behave kind of like an NSAID as far as MOA- except it will make you hallucinate ....

It may act as a GDA as well:

Nat Prod Res.
    2011 Jul 8. [Epub ahead of print]
    Study on glucose transport in muscle cells by extracts from Mitragyna speciosa (Korth) and mitragynine.[/h]Purintrapiban J, Keawpradub N, Kansenalak S, Chittrakarn S, Janchawee B, Sawangjaroen K.
    a Faculty of Medicine, Department of Biomedical Sciences , Prince of Songkla University , Hat-Yai , Songkhla , Thailand.

The leaves of Mitragyna speciosa Korth (Rubiaceae) have been used in folk medicine for its unique medicinal properties. This study examined the water, methanolic and crude alkaloidal extracts from M. speciosa leaves and its major constituent mitragynine for the enhancement of glucose transport. Cellular uptake of radioactive 2-deoxyglucose was determined in rat L8 myotubes. Involving signalling pathway was determined with the specific inhibitors. Cell cytotoxicity was monitored by lactate dehydrogenase assay. Protein levels of glucose transporters (GLUTs) were measured by Western blotting. The results show that test samples significantly increased the rate of glucose uptake. The uptake was associated with increase in GLUT1 protein content. Co-incubation with insulin had no additional effect, but the cellular uptake was decreased by wortmannin and SB 203580, specific inhibitors of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p38 MAPK), respectively. It is concluded that the increased glucose transport activity of M. speciosa is associated with increases in activities of the key enzymes dependent to the insulin-stimulated glucose transport for its acute action, and increases in the GLUT1 content for its long-term effect. This study demonstrated the effect of M. speciosa in stimulating glucose transport in muscle cells, implicating the folkloric use of M. speciosa leaves for treating diabetes.

Dirk Tanis, BA, MSci
    Chief Operating Officer, Applied Nutriceuticals
  3. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.59%

I have been taking kratom off and on for about 2 years it feels no diffeernt then a vicodin to be honest but the now there are making it stronger then it was 2 years ago. we are were thinking about selling it about 2 years ago did not but we have been thinking about recenly. it can help in work out in low dosage and has lot other good effects and it safe. it's a very good herb to have around trust me
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%

is this something that would pop on a drug screen?
    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysgaining View Post
    I've also done fasting and doseing and felt grealt anabolicness , deffint hunger but I'm stronger than that keep full and vascular and strength gose up
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/177245-swollen87s-training-log.html
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.23%

interesting
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.48%

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    is this something that would pop on a drug screen?
    lol... my thoughts exactly

my guess is it would have to be specifically screened for.. kinda like when k2 hit and drug court was spendin mad dough to ship urine specimens to a lab that could pick it up.
  7. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.45%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    lol... my thoughts exactly

my guess is it would have to be specifically screened for.. kinda like when k2 hit and drug court was spendin mad dough to ship urine specimens to a lab that could pick it up.
    Thats what I would assume.

Mike
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%

Quote Originally Posted by steppinRazor View Post
    lol... my thoughts exactlymy guess is it would have to be specifically screened for.. kinda like when k2 hit and drug court was spendin mad dough to ship urine specimens to a lab that could pick it up.
    You on drug court?My pet cat is on drug court
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.59%

kratom has been underground for a while to try to keep it legal but I can see with in a next 2-3 years it will be controlled. if you knew the kratom world they had a code of silents sort of speak. they tried to keep it from the general public...lol not like La costra nostra..lol hiding from the FBI..lol but more like the DEA...lol.....don't worrie about it.
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.48%

Quote Originally Posted by swollen87 View Post
    You on drug court?My pet cat is on drug court
    nope, something very similar tho.. same intensity if not a little more strict and i keep my felonies. and served time. think parole from hell.
    pet cat eh? caught trafficking catnip?..i know how he feels dude..

and to be honest, i was scared shiitless running superdrol.. whats drug courts policy on designer roids?

Similar Forum Threads

1. Kratom?????
    By ugab37 in forum Custom Capsule
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 03:23 AM
  2. Kratom
    By Hyde12 in forum OTC Drug
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 07:12 PM
  3. Kratom
    By Hyde12 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3