Bobo - CLA article question

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bobo - I read in the article you posted in the news forum that the author states that CLA in supplement form is dangerous. I've never seen that anywhere. I saw a study not too long ago where a group of obese patients were given around 4 grams a day of CLA in tablet form and managed to lose a good amount of weight without really altering their lifestyles. So, I was going to recommend it to my buddy, but then saw your article.

Have you seen a scientific study on the negative effects of getting your CLA in supplement form? Or was this article more of a sales job to try to get people to go buy from local dairy farmers?

MaDmaN

MaDmaN

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmmmmmmm! Interesting point of view :icon_lol:

What makes you think Bobo would pump up dairy farmers.

Dam,the heat must be getting to people :blink:

This is an interesting subject,however I have been reading this forum for almost a year now and have never known Bobo to waste internet space with 2nd rate information.

I call em like I see Em :think:

i

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually I have read another article that basically said the same thing as the one BoBo posted, actually 2 other articles.

Ivan Drago

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've been saying for a while Bobo is in bed with dairy farmers... He just won't admit it...

:D

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I posted it because it was news, that it. :D

I usually try to find the ones that relate to us. If you have something that refutes it, go for it. I didn't write those or automatically agree with them. They are just news articles for you to read/discuss.

I generally like CLA for many health benefits. Its not magic but it does have its place IMO.

boffo234

Awards
Whenever I take CLA I totally **** out whatever I have eaten that day... all day. It's horrible. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a dip belt off while squeezing your cheeks in a worried, scramble to the nearest bathroom?

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Whenever I take CLA I totally **** out whatever I have eaten that day... all day. It's horrible. Do you have any idea how hard it is to get a dip belt off while squeezing your cheeks in a worried, scramble to the nearest bathroom?
and thus it leads to weight loss.

Stingray

Awards
LMAO, thats funny! Hey at least you Weren't squatting :blink:

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bobo, didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out or anything, I just hadn't read that CLA in pill form was any worse than anything else we take. It did sorta sound like a sales pitch though, oh well.

I will look into Bobo being bought out by the Dairy Farmers Association of America. ;)

phatbody

Awards
What if the suppliment form of CLA was from a natural source? I've seen some ingredient profiles list safflower oil as the source of CLA.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Bobo, didn't mean to sound like I was calling you out or anything, I just hadn't read that CLA in pill form was any worse than anything else we take. It did sorta sound like a sales pitch though, oh well.

I will look into Bobo being bought out by the Dairy Farmers Association of America. ;)
I agree with you, much of merceola's stuff sometimes comes across as thinly veiled advertising of products on his website. I have yet to decide if his motives are profit or a genuine interest for public good or (more likely) both. Oh well, just take his stuff with a grain of salt like you should anyone's opinion (except Bobo's.. he is god of all bodybuilding knowledge :) )

Dan

Awards
I've read a few of Mercola's articles and as Usual said, it looks like hes for profit as well as for informing health conscious people. His articles don't strike me as BS, and theres a lot of good info that you don't hear of very often (did you read his articles on saturated fats?), but each one does have some underlying motive for promoting a product.

One thing that bothers me about that CLA article is that he makes a generalization about all CLA supplements, but we all know that there are different isomers of CLA and I find it hard to believe that all the isomers available as sups fall into this "harmful" category.