Melatonin pre-workout supplement?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would fall asleep trying to work out lol.

Mike

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here, but interesting.

crystaljonesy

crystaljonesy

Awards
I thought melatonin is for someone who can't sleep? :)

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wouldn't take it unless I was working out for 30 minutes at 11 PM and planned on passing out afterward.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
On paper, it may have some benefits pre-workout, but real-world, I don't think this would work. It does work great for sleep- I have taken it off and on for years

Potatobake

Awards
if one was to do this wouldn't it just throw their circadian rhythm out of wack?

Bolanrox

Bolanrox

Awards
melatonin + high weight sucicide grip bench presses = youtube gold

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
I tried it a while back actually. Melatonin has show great promise with GH release,however you have to be watchful to use it too much as it will decrease your own melatonin production.

Melatonin does not really knock you out or not supposed to at least,kind of primes you for sleep so to speak.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
Maybe melatonin doesn't help you fall asleep when lights are on.. Who knows..

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
When I was an idiot I bought the old Nano Vapor, which had melatonin in it. The drink would deffinately make me tired on rainy days. Could have been the yohimbine though, which I hear has a half life to short for long workouts, or the other ingredient called Muscle Tech. Ya, it was probably just the Muscle Tech.

lazaross

lazaross

Awards
So, does anyone use melatonin as pre-workout? Should i try it? What dose? 1mg is ok?

Can i stack it with other supplements? Like caffeine, N.O supplements, fat burners, b12..