Best supps/enzymes for protein-specific digestion

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Best supps/enzymes for protein-specific digestion


    No clue why but too much meat = constipation.

    I switched over to shakes to compensate for protrein needs but that's a bandaid on this problem.

    Anything over ~200 grams lately and I'm locked up (but only when MEAT is consumed) - bizarre.

    Fiber (lots!) and water (gallon+) intake are fine.

    Magnesium at night, has provided no help.

    NOT looking for a laxative!

    I'm leaning towards proteolytic enzymes (proteases)?

    Protein is about 45-50% of my diet if anyone needs to know with the fat/carbs being 25% and 25%.

  2. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,081
    Rep Power
    3164581

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    No clue why but too much meat = constipation.I switched over to shakes to compensate for protrein needs but that's a bandaid on this problem.Anything over ~200 grams lately and I'm locked up (but only when MEAT is consumed) - bizarre.Fiber (lots!) and water (gallon+) intake are fine.Magnesium at night, has provided no help. NOT looking for a laxative!I'm leaning towards proteolytic enzymes (proteases)?Protein is about 45-50% of my diet if anyone needs to know with the fat/carbs being 25% and 25%.
    NOW or Solaray make a digestive enzyme complex that has high protease content. Gut Health looks good too
  3. Registered User
    SilentBob187's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    29
    Posts
    7,853
    Rep Power
    11113

    What is your idea of 'lots' of fiber? 35g+ and is it evenly spaced out throughout the day or a lot at once?

    Gut Health

    Why so much protein in your diet? Seems like a waste of resources to me @ 50%
    "I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
    WHITE WHALE!
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    NOW or Solaray make a digestive enzyme complex that has high protease content. Gut Health looks good too
    Thanks Natty

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentBob187 View Post
    What is your idea of 'lots' of fiber? 35g+ and is it evenly spaced out throughout the day or a lot at once?

    Gut Health

    Why so much protein in your diet? Seems like a waste of resources to me @ 50%
    As crazy as it sounds, I easily get in 60-75+ grams a day EASY. I am a cyclical low carber and I eat a ton of food that are designed to be high fiber in lieu of the carbs to make me sane. Very high fiber tortillas (Joseph's Bakery), Tons of almonds daily (I cant stop! lol), zero carb cookies (Brand: Yes to cookies), and a TON of fibrous veggies (broccoli/green beans/spinach) daily @ 3 diff meals.

    Normally, Im a pooping machine.

    As far as your question regarding why 50%. While I tend to agree that for most, it would seem excessive, but for me, it's the only way to remain lean. Carbs and me just don't fare well. Then, when I eat TOO many fats, I get a little chunky as well. This ratio seems to work best for me.
  5. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Rodja's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    30
    Posts
    23,071
    Rep Power
    917996

    It sounds like you're getting a lot of junk fiber, but your diet also sounds messed up. 50% of caloric intake should not come from protein. How many grams per day are we talking here?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  6. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989349

    I know RLS just released a digestive enzyme matrix that looks promising for the types of issue you are having. I haven't used it but it looks like something worth checking out that may help you.

    www.**********************
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  7. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Looks solid! Thanks buddy

    Digesta Matrix a complete digestive enzyme complex that has been formulated to help break down 30 grams of carbs, 15 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat (Breakdowns are based on a one capsule dosage) . The naturally occurring ingredients in Digesta Matrix help ensure the necessary breakdown of macronutrients in your body. You’ve been training hard and eating properly; now take your health to another level with Ruthless Supplement’s Digesta Matrix.
    Amylase (known for breaking down [complex] starch into [simple] sugars), lipase (known for the transporting and processing of dietary lipids), and cellulase (a key enzyme in the hydrolysis of cellulose) are just a few of the powerful enzymes included in Digesta Matrix’s complex. With such dominant ingredients, you can rest assure that Digesta Matrix has all the building blocks of a legitimate digestive enzyme complex. Take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal and let Digesta Matrix do the rest of the work.
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 1 Capsule
    Amount Per Serving
    Protease 1 20,000 HUT*
    Protease 2 4,000 HUT*
    Acid Stable Protease 100 SAPU*
    Amylase 5,000 DU*
    Lipase 1,250 FIP*
    Cellulase 500 CU*
    Glucoamylase 50 AGU*
    Invertase 10 SU*
    Catalase 50 BU*
    AGS a-Galactosidase 50 Galu*
    Beta-Glucanase 65 BGU*
    Pactinase 1,500 Ajdu*
    Xylanase 125 Xu*
    Phytase 10 Pu*
    Hemicellulase 750 Hcu*
    Lactase 500 ALU*
    Bromelain 500,000 PU*
    Papain 500,000 PU*
    *Daily Value not established.



    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    I know RLS just released a digestive enzyme matrix that looks promising for the types of issue you are having. I haven't used it but it looks like something worth checking out that may help you.

    www.**********************
  8. Registered User
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    170644

    I just got the Digesta Matrix in the mail but I haven't tried it yet. I read a lot on it and it semmed like a very solid product...hence the reason why I ordered it lol.

    I don't see what would the problem be if 50% of your calories came from protein intake.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  9. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989349

    If you decide to go with that I'd like to hear what you think. I don't think having 50% of your macros as protein is necessarily a problem. I do it all the time with low Cal/low Carb days and never have issues so I dont think that would be giving you the problems
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  10. Registered User
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    170644

    Quote Originally Posted by RickRock13 View Post
    If you decide to go with that I'd like to hear what you think. I don't think having 50% of your macros as protein is necessarily a problem. I do it all the time with low Cal/low Carb days and never have issues so I dont think that would be giving you the problems
    Hey Rick the product says it has
    Protease 1 20,000 HUT*
    Protease 2 4,000 HUT*
    I thought there was only one protease for protein absorption. Which ones of those are for protein absorption?
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  11. Registered User
    rxp1997's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Age
    47
    Posts
    674
    Rep Power
    13207

    NOW has several, including Protein Digest

    BioCore Edge 150 mg ** 150 mg **
    Proprietary enzyme blend of: 45000 HUT ** 45000 HUT **
    Protease (from Aspergillus mellus)
    Protease (from Aspergillus oryzae)
    Protease (from Aspergillus niger)
    Peptidase (from Aspergillus oryzae)

    I use a combination of MST Enzy-M (for the herba-soothe complex), and NOW's Protein Digest and Super Enzymes, depending on the meal.
  12. Registered User
    MakaveliThaDon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    2,781
    Rep Power
    5915

    wow 75 to 80g of fiber a day is an awful lot bro. IME anything approaching 40 plus starts to have the opposite effect of what it's supposed to, if you catch my drift.
  13. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Thanks Fellas!

    Mak: No doubt bro. Im a weirdo FO SHO.
  14. Registered User
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    170644

    Quote Originally Posted by rxp1997 View Post
    NOW has several, including Protein Digest

    BioCore Edge 150 mg ** 150 mg **
    Proprietary enzyme blend of: 45000 HUT ** 45000 HUT **
    Protease (from Aspergillus mellus)
    Protease (from Aspergillus oryzae)
    Protease (from Aspergillus niger)
    Peptidase (from Aspergillus oryzae)


    I use a combination of MST Enzy-M (for the herba-soothe complex), and NOW's Protein Digest and Super Enzymes, depending on the meal.
    And it says take it with up to 25g of protein. So for me that takes 300, about to try 600...maybe, that's going to be a lot of caps.
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  15. PESCIENCE.com
    Board Sponsor
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,081
    Rep Power
    3164581

    Whacked -- what is your water intake like?

    Maybe you just need more water if protein is 45-50% of your diet. Give it a try
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  16. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Thanks Natty

    I feel ike a damm camel AS IS @ 1-1.25 gallons water per day
  17. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,006
    Rep Power
    36685

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Looks solid! Thanks buddy

    Digesta Matrix a complete digestive enzyme complex that has been formulated to help break down 30 grams of carbs, 15 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat (Breakdowns are based on a one capsule dosage) . The naturally occurring ingredients in Digesta Matrix help ensure the necessary breakdown of macronutrients in your body. You’ve been training hard and eating properly; now take your health to another level with Ruthless Supplement’s Digesta Matrix.
    Amylase (known for breaking down [complex] starch into [simple] sugars), lipase (known for the transporting and processing of dietary lipids), and cellulase (a key enzyme in the hydrolysis of cellulose) are just a few of the powerful enzymes included in Digesta Matrix’s complex. With such dominant ingredients, you can rest assure that Digesta Matrix has all the building blocks of a legitimate digestive enzyme complex. Take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal and let Digesta Matrix do the rest of the work.
    Supplement Facts
    Serving Size 1 Capsule
    Amount Per Serving
    Protease 1 20,000 HUT*
    Protease 2 4,000 HUT*
    Acid Stable Protease 100 SAPU*
    Amylase 5,000 DU*
    Lipase 1,250 FIP*
    Cellulase 500 CU*
    Glucoamylase 50 AGU*
    Invertase 10 SU*
    Catalase 50 BU*
    AGS a-Galactosidase 50 Galu*
    Beta-Glucanase 65 BGU*
    Pactinase 1,500 Ajdu*
    Xylanase 125 Xu*
    Phytase 10 Pu*
    Hemicellulase 750 Hcu*
    Lactase 500 ALU*
    Bromelain 500,000 PU*
    Papain 500,000 PU*
    *Daily Value not established.
    That looks pretty good. Add in a probiotic/prebiotic and your gut will be good to go.
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  18. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989349

    Quote Originally Posted by Milas View Post
    That looks pretty good. Add in a probiotic/prebiotic and your gut will be good to go.
    The stack with digestive enzymes along with a probiotic would be optimal for sure
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  19. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Already on a probiotic. Thanks agaian fellas.
  20. Registered User
    AtomicFox's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  206 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Aalborg
    Posts
    514
    Rep Power
    999

    NOW Super Enzymes works great for me
    Check my AnaBeta, Erase and DAA log at:

    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/178490-anabeta-erase-daa.html
  21. Registered User
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1400

    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicFox View Post
    NOW Super Enzymes works great for me
    I second that. I think it should be a staple. Metamucil would be my second reccomendation. Psyllium husk is a great source of fiber to flush you out. Often bread fibers and vegetables will give you gas and alot of bloating. The enzymes help the digestion and the Psyllium husk flushes it all out. Perfect combination.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  22. Registered User
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    787
    Rep Power
    170644

    when do you guys usually take these supps? Cause if I want to hit 300+ grams of protein then that would be a lot of caps
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  23. Registered User
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1400

    Right before you eat but why would you want to eat 300 grams of protein? What's your weight?
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  24. Banned
    JayJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Duesseldorf Germany
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0

    Digesta Matrix is the way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Looks solid! Thanks buddy Digesta Matrix a complete digestive enzyme complex that has been formulated to help break down 30 grams of carbs, 15 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat (Breakdowns are based on a one capsule dosage) . The naturally occurring ingredients in Digesta Matrix help ensure the necessary breakdown of macronutrients in your body. You’ve been training hard and eating properly; now take your health to another level with Ruthless Supplement’s Digesta Matrix. Amylase (known for breaking down [complex] starch into [simple] sugars), lipase (known for the transporting and processing of dietary lipids), and cellulase (a key enzyme in the hydrolysis of cellulose) are just a few of the powerful enzymes included in Digesta Matrix’s complex. With such dominant ingredients, you can rest assure that Digesta Matrix has all the building blocks of a legitimate digestive enzyme complex. Take one or two capsules at the beginning of each meal and let Digesta Matrix do the rest of the work.Supplement FactsServing Size 1 CapsuleAmount Per ServingProtease 1 20,000 HUT*Protease 2 4,000 HUT*Acid Stable Protease 100 SAPU*Amylase 5,000 DU*Lipase 1,250 FIP*Cellulase 500 CU*Glucoamylase 50 AGU*Invertase 10 SU*Catalase 50 BU*AGS a-Galactosidase 50 Galu*Beta-Glucanase 65 BGU*Pactinase 1,500 Ajdu*Xylanase 125 Xu*Phytase 10 Pu*Hemicellulase 750 Hcu*Lactase 500 ALU*Bromelain 500,000 PU*Papain 500,000 PU**Daily Value not established.
  25. Registered User
    RickRock13's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  185 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,352
    Rep Power
    989349

    Quote Originally Posted by JayJo View Post
    Digesta Matrix is the way to go.
    It does look promising...
    Recoverbro Elite
    "This is what we've been working on"
  26. Registered User
    ccnAbolic's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    477
    Rep Power
    86039

    The highest and most balanced enzyme formulas are Now Digest Platinum and Garden of Life Omega-Zyme. More expensive, but also better values. 80,000 units of protease per cap and then 2 or three other ph proteases. Plus like 20 other enzymes contained within. I had put in a request awhile back but haven't seen them hit the planet yet. Now's is just the enzymes and GOL adds trace minerals, ginger and curcumin. Also 4-5000 fip of Lipase.
  27. Registered User
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250882

    I really like Myogenix Pro Fiber. It's unflavored and can be mixed into anything and also has both probiotics and digestive enzymes. It's pretty cheap too.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  28. Registered User
    Ev52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    VA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,334
    Rep Power
    33133

    I would guess that the increased gluten is causing extra inflammation in the intestinal tract. Those "low carb" products are loaded with gluten to keep carbs down and make them more flexible. You may have a gluten intolerance and I would look at that before digestive enzymes.
  29. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,006
    Rep Power
    36685

    I didn't know the low carb products have extra gluten? How can you tell, is there some way to spot it?

    I'm thinking about getting the digestive enzymes regardless because with Intermittent Fasting I have these huge protein heavy meals to break fast, so it'd be nice to digest as much as possible!
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  30. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Rep Power
    37729

    Have you guys looked at SAN Cultivate? It's on www.sann.net.
  31. Registered User
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1400

    I just got my digestive enzymes in from swanson. I got a full-spectrum one and a more standard type one. The difference in my digestion is incredible and I'm mad at myself for not taking enzymes for so long. Along with the metamucil bowel movements are fast, smooth and easy. Gas has gone down incredibly which was my biggest issue.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  32. Board Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Milas's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NoVA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,006
    Rep Power
    36685

    So is it gas and stools that have the greatest impact from the enzymes?
    NeedToBuildMuscle Representative / PowerChews Representative
    AgeForce Representative - www.ageforce.com for hGH Patches!
    Send me a PM with any questions about products & discount codes
  33. Registered User
    Flaw's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,278
    Rep Power
    1400

    I would imagine it has a huge impact on your immune system as well since you now are actually digesting nutrients properly. I haven't noticed such effects from pre or probiotics.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

    WHAT has science offered?
  34. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  35. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    You taking with EACH meal? IF so, how many?

    There is some conflicting data regarding these

    Some say that there is no problem taking these with each meal, actually encouraging it for complete digestion (especially considering all the processed and cooked meat we eat) as it allows for MORE nutrient uptake - while others are claiming it will have a detrimental effect on natty enzyme production (shutting it off)

    I tend to side with the former b/c these are NOT hormones.


    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw View Post
    I just got my digestive enzymes in from swanson. I got a full-spectrum one and a more standard type one. The difference in my digestion is incredible and I'm mad at myself for not taking enzymes for so long. Along with the metamucil bowel movements are fast, smooth and easy. Gas has gone down incredibly which was my biggest issue.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  36. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Nice OBJECTIVE article and perspective : http://www.livestrong.com/article/29...stive-enzymes/
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  37. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Sadly, I was unable to extract the conclusion from this ambiguosly written Physiology report

    Little help?

    http://physrev.physiology.org/content/82/1/1.full
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  38. Registered User
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,436
    Rep Power
    5913427

    Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    Sadly, I was unable to extract the conclusion from this ambiguosly written Physiology report

    Little help?

    http://physrev.physiology.org/content/82/1/1.full
    The authors' conclusions are that digestive enzymes are conserved and reabsorbed as whole proteins rather than being hydrolyzed in the gut.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  39. Registered User
    uvawahoowa's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    31239

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodja
    It sounds like you're getting a lot of junk fiber, but your diet also sounds messed up. 50% of caloric intake should not come from protein. How many grams per day are we talking here?
    50% from protein is no big deal, I do it when I am cutting and I am very regular..but I eat loads of veggies, almost a pound of cooked broccoli and asparagus each along with spinach and a tomato and a half red pepper a day. I attribute my regularity to that...
  40. Registered User
    Whacked's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cali
    Posts
    5,410
    Rep Power
    481947

    Ditto here

    I throw one of those 1 lb bags in the microwave PER meal

    Green beans

    Broccoli

    etc

    Im a lean meats, greens and healthy fats guy

    Quote Originally Posted by uvawahoowa View Post
    50% from protein is no big deal, I do it when I am cutting and I am very regular..but I eat loads of veggies, almost a pound of cooked broccoli and asparagus each along with spinach and a tomato and a half red pepper a day. I attribute my regularity to that...
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Help with Whey Protein Digestion
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
  2. protein powder and digestion
    By Buffgammaman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Anybody else bad digestion of protein shakes?
    By fresh08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 11:57 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 10:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in