Best supps/enzymes for protein-specific digestion

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

sooo essentially, this has little to do with my query regarding IF digestive enzymes are useless or useful

prote
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    The authors' conclusions are that digestive enzymes are conserved and reabsorbed as whole proteins rather than being hydrolyzed in the gut.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    Proverbs 1:7

2. O.G. Appnut
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

may have been suggested already..... but I'd personally start with Bromelain. Cheap and effective. There's a reason pineapple is used as a meat tenderizer in marinades.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Better Results Through Science
    Success occurs when everything you have is APPLIED.
    Have you heard about N.O. Uptake? ;-)
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I read that somewhere as well

Interesting -Thanks

Ive been reading about Betaine HCL and Apple Cider Vinegar as well

All somewhat different MOA's. Need to investigare which issuperior and which comes with the least amount of potential risks

Quote Originally Posted by Vitruvian View Post
    may have been suggested already..... but I'd personally start with Bromelain. Cheap and effective. There's a reason pineapple is used as a meat tenderizer in marinades.
    A-Minds HYPE-SLAYER! All posts & feedback are guaranteed to be unsolicited and legit
    "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge. Fools despise wisdom & instruction"
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked View Post
    You taking with EACH meal? IF so, how many?
    Hmm... Let me think back a year. LOL

I would take 1 with each large whole food meals. Breakfast, lunch and dinner. Not for shakes or small snacks in between.

I found the full spectrum to be the most effective. The standard one doesn't do much at the reccomended dosage. I've never tried taking like 3 at once though. I eventually ran out of the full spectrum and stopped using it. I still have some of the standard "digestive enzymes" blend and use it only occasionally. NOW's super enzymes worked very well the last time I took it but it's been years. My stomach got so jacked up from various medications that I tried a lot of things in the past year.

For myself I found metamucil psyllium husk and controlling heart burn with sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) or other ant-acids helped a lot.
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Apple Cider Vinegar
    That always does a stomach good! For salad dressing I always use apple cider vinegar and olive oil and always feel great afterwards. I usually get those huge salad bags from costco and eat tons of salad in the evening. Fills you up, low calories, and helps greatly with digestion!
    ôLord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life"- John 6:68

WHAT has science offered?
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Thnaks Flaw
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Hey there familiar faces

I've been doing Keto for about 10 days now.. Experiencing the pros of fat loss but the cons of reduced size and frequency of bm.. Also finding indigestion and bloating to be a big issue... I want to eat every 3-4 hours, but I'm never fully digested due to all the fat n protein. I try to wash my meals down with apple cider vin, but obviously can't do that if I'm not home.. Interested in getting the now full spectrum enzymes.. That seem to be general consensus of best bet?? I carb up every 7th day and that 8th morning is sometimes like Christmas morning in the bathroom haha

But again- biggest issue is the bloating/distention- i eat only meats and eggs- sometimesit will be chicken salad, egg salad, etc.. So That still remains within keto, right? I also willhave a shot or two of heavy cream to kick Start the hormonals.. Just wanna make sure I can get the bloating down- I'm used to LOTS of salad and green veggies for my fiber
    "no failure is final, nor is any success"
    Follow my 2014 training and supps!
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  8. Registered User
    Answers

I do believe fiber is still fine on keto. True bloating (i.e. edema) is due to extracelullar water retention. If you're lacking GI motility, pop some EC stack
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69
    I do believe fiber is still fine on keto. True bloating (i.e. edema) is due to extracelullar water retention. If you're lacking GI motility, pop some EC stack
    Starting on Monday
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/240285-chedapaloozas-2014-training.html
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, I read that somewhere as well

Interesting -Thanks

Ive been reading about Betaine HCL and Apple Cider Vinegar as well

All somewhat different MOA's. Need to investigare which issuperior and which comes with the least amount of potential risks
    I will be adding that to my regimen in a couple days because I have been reading up on the benefits of stomach acid on digestion. I will let you know how it works.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Again, HCL is for people with low stomach acid.

Be sure to read up on the risks associated with adding HCL to an already acidic or even "normal" environment

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepaul7 View Post
    I will be adding that to my regimen in a couple days because I have been reading up on the benefits of stomach acid on digestion. I will let you know how it works.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked

Be sure to read up on the risks associated with adding HCL to an already acidic or even "normal" environment

Good luck.
    So I'm following a keto diet, very high protein and fat.. I added enzymes.. Has betaine.. Been pretty nauseous past few days.. That what u mean?
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

I imagine nausea "could be" from the added acidity but if I were a betting man, I would guess it's not from the Betaine HCL.

Excess acid form using HCL while already having/producing adequate amounts of HCL, would present moreso as a burning or warm sensation in/around the gut.

http://www.modernherbalist.com/betaine.html
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"   lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Whacked
    I imagine nausea "could be" from the added acidity but if I were a betting man, I would guess it's not from the Betaine HCL.

Excess acid form using HCL while already having/producing adequate amounts of HCL, would present moreso as a burning or warm sensation in/around the gut.

http://www.modernherbalist.com/betaine.html
    Yea shoulda specified.. Bad burning
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Or call roto router

Good luck.
    Acid reducing Prevacid FTW!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

Or the healthy, side-effect free version: Alkaline baking soda

Quote Originally Posted by kingjameskjf View Post
    Or call roto router

Acid reducing Prevacid FTW!
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Or the healthy, side-effect free version: Alkaline baking soda
    cheaper too! However I got a hiatal hernia in my esophageal sphincter so I'm on it for life.
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  210 lbs.
    Answers

ooooooo sorry to hear man
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  300 lbs.
    Answers

Dried papaya and pineapple have lots of enzymes to aid in digestion.
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Answers

ooooooo sorry to hear man
    No worries bro, just one pill in the morning and I don't even notice it. The doc said it was likely from too much sudden intense and heavy lifting. I had taken a few years off lifting due to marriage and kids and then when I finally had time to start again, I went all out.

Quote Originally Posted by CRUSHAH View Post
    Dried papaya and pineapple have lots of enzymes to aid in digestion.
    These do help.
  21. hsk
    Answers

Hope its not too late to add, but I have similar diet to you Whacked. Don't do well with too much excess fat or carbs as both tend to bloat me. Most carbs come from high fiber foods. The rest is all lean protein and protein powders. I have been taking NOW Super Enzymes for the past 2 years and it has helped a lot. If I am having a heavy meal then I pop 1 before the meal and one after. If just a regular size meal then I take one either before or after.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with Whey Protein Digestion
    By Whacked in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 03:32 PM
  2. protein powder and digestion
    By Buffgammaman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-09-2009, 06:47 PM
  3. Anybody else bad digestion of protein shakes?
    By fresh08 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-03-2008, 11:57 PM
  4. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 10:54 AM