How do you take your creatine??

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just wanted to see how everyone doses and uses their creatine. Im used to just having it actually in my regular protein/weight gainer shakes but for the summer I cut my shakes calories in half and my new brand does not have creatine in it.

No problem just bought 2000 grams of creatine monohydrate and am going to load for 3 days followed by three days off etc.

Because I weigh over 200 lbs Im going to take 25g each time.

1 serving (5g) 10 minutes before I lift (usually with a shake)

1 serving after I work out with my shake

1 serving 3 hours after I work out

And I spread the other 2 remaining servings throughout the day

I got all my info from a great well worded site, that couldnt have made any more sense. So this is the layout I conconcted.

Im curious to how everyone else doses their creatine, favorite brand etc.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Where did you get that info from, because it's extremely outdated. Your body needs roughly 3g of supplemental creatine per day to stay saturated. There's really no need to load, especially at 25g a day rofl. If you really want to speed up the saturation process i'd take maybe 10g a day for 1 week then drop to 3g a day. If you think splitting up the doses works best for you, take 2g pre and 2g post while in the maintenance phase. If you train 5 days a week i probably wouldn't sweat taking on off days, but something like 2g should keep up the recovery aspect.

As far as favorite creatine, my favorite by a long shot is NeoVar from appnut. Many many benefits besides being a creatine monohydrate product. For straight creatine i would buy Allmax creapure. Cheap, quality product, effective.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"The traditional loading period (20 grams per day for 5 days) may cause creatine saturation outside the cell which prevents effective muscle uptake for weeks or maybe even months! Bad news! "

"Apparently a small maintenance dose (2-5 grams per day) is next to useless for maintaining high muscle creatine concentrations. Using a small dose after loading ensures that high muscle creatine concentrations virtually disappear within 6 weeks"

The site is a couple of years old but very detailed compared to other sites. Im not sure how old the studies were. But the creatine I got from my gainers I had I believe 3g per shake figure two a day plus 1 casein shake at night and I would get 6 grams of creatine a day bc my casein obviously doesnt have any. But Ive had plenty of gainers with no creatine and had the same effects (This is going back and forth for years so I know how my body responds) This dosage is too low for me apparently. So Im going to try it out see how my body reacts. I got a 3-4 weeks till my next cycle so it will only be a temporary experiment or maybe something more. Im about to find out.

I see what you're saying but my body isnt responding to anything under 10g anymore. I dont rely on creatine to get the results I desire. So between cycles this is something to keep me occupied, ha I go crazy in between. I looked into NeoVar, I like what Im reading so Im going to give it a run after my next cycle. Thank you

Last edited:

arcanemyth

Awards
I have been using 3 scoops of con-cret added in my pre-workout drink (GAT jetfuse NOX). I just started carrying con-cret creatine about a month ago and have received nothing but positive feed back. I personally never had great results from creatine but did feel like recovery time was a bit better than normal last month while using con-cret. Maybe its all in my head?

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I hear ya on the results from creatine (unnoticed). If I relied on creatine to get big I wouldnt have gotten far. I take so many supps its hard to identify whats working for me and what isnt. So usually between cycles is when I see how much and what creatine and weight gainers really do for me but its just gotten to the point if I dont drink my (2) 1k calorie shakes on top of my diet I lose weight. My metabolism is ridiculous (which is only good bc I can eat anthing) but putting on weight is when it becomes frustrating.

But anyway shoot me a pm in a month and let me know if you still think its in your head bro . Hopefully its not.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I have been using 3 scoops of con-cret added in my pre-workout drink (GAT jetfuse NOX). I just started carrying con-cret creatine about a month ago and have received nothing but positive feed back. I personally never had great results from creatine but did feel like recovery time was a bit better than normal last month while using con-cret. Maybe its all in my head?
Indeed it is. Con-cret should not alter recovery in comparison to any other derivative. Or at all for that matter.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I take it with dextrose and needtoslin. It needs to goto work once inside the body. I dont get too much from it with just throwing into protein shakes, I only use 4g's a day.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ive always wanted to try both dextrose and need2slin....n2bm has many intriguing products I have yet to try aside from test booster and cycle support. But thats a sweet set up you got there.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I take it with dextrose and needtoslin. It needs to goto work once inside the body. I dont get too much from it with just throwing into protein shakes, I only use 4g's a day.
Completely unnecessary if you've been on it for at least a month.

appleyard777

Awards
I either just toss it back in my mouth (yeah im alpha) or just take rougly 3g in my post workout shake :)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
5grams anytime during the day.

swish1985

swish1985

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
King James I actually never looked into Magnesium Creatine Chelate. I never until recently gave creatine a complete search (like I do for ph/aas) and much respect, honestly I just took it for granted but boredom and a couple of reviews inspired me. I am pissed I ordered 2000 g of monhydrate before making this thread. I just read the label for creatine chelate and whats not to like? Very impressive, I like the no loading phase and am really tempted to stack it with Beta Alanine caps for hopefully a nice little bulk.

Whats your personal experience with it? It seems like the way to go.

Also I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
King James I actually never looked into Magnesium Creatine Chelate. I never until recently gave creatine a complete search (like I do for ph/aas) and much respect, honestly I just took it for granted but boredom and a couple of reviews inspired me. I am pissed I ordered 2000 g of monhydrate before making this thread. I just read the label for creatine chelate and whats not to like? Very impressive, I like the no loading phase and am really tempted to stack it with Beta Alanine caps for hopefully a nice little bulk.

Whats your personal experience with it? It seems like the way to go.

Also I wanted to thank everyone for their feedback.
I got it because its effectiveness is substantiated by multiple studies. I can't say much as far as personal experience goes yet, since I just started taking it myself yesterday.

Isnt Trinitine supposed to be a real good Magnesium creatine chelate Supp?
dunno, never looked at that product

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
The best results I ever got with creatine was using an insulin mimicker with it. Like take an insulin mimicker then 5-10g of creatine with my a big carb meal. I notice that I always respond much faster if I load but everybody says that I don't need to do it :dunno:

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Oh but I'm about to get some of the powerchew ones and try them out cause I think it will be a lot easier than taking the powder.

Enric

Awards
5 grams after my workout with something to spike my insulin levels a bit. Normally a little bit of gatorade.