Creatine Nitrate only on WO days?

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Is this something you only take on lifting days? Not on rest days?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
To get the benefits/effects of creatine it must be used daily. For the nitrates, you can use it only preworkout. I recommend buying some bulk Magnesium creatine chelate (MCC) or trinitine or creatine monohydrate for your off days to stretch out your creatine nitrate and only use it on workout days. Thats what a lot of people do here.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
To get the benefits/effects of creatine it must be used daily. For the nitrates, you can use it only preworkout. I recommend buying some bulk Magnesium creatine chelate (MCC) or trinitine or creatine monohydrate for your off days to stretch out your creatine nitrate and only use it on workout days. Thats what a lot of people do here.
I happen to have some old "Green Bulge" from CL that has MCC in it. Says it expired in 2008 however. I wonder if I can use the rest of this on my off days?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Is it unopened? Not too sure on the expired part but I'm sure it won't kill you.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
I'd stick to that plan and then mono (or whatever your preferred creatine is) on off days.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
Is it unopened? Not too sure on the expired part but I'm sure it won't kill you.
No, it's been opened and I used 1/3 of it, probably sometime in 07 or 08. I'm not worried that it's toxic, just curious if the ingredients are still potent enough to do what they need to do. I like the convenience of caps so I'd probably buy some capped MCC, but since I'm only dosing on non-WO days, I'd hate to waste this bottle if it's at all able to be used.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
No, it's been opened and I used 1/3 of it, probably sometime in 07 or 08. I'm not worried that it's toxic, just curious if the ingredients are still potent enough to do what they need to do. I like the convenience of caps so I'd probably buy some capped MCC, but since I'm only dosing on non-WO days, I'd hate to waste this bottle if it's at all able to be used.
I'd PM a controlled labs rep to make sure or post in the Cl forum about it.

DCbuilder

Awards
  • Established
I'd PM a controlled labs rep to make sure or post in the Cl forum about it.
Done - we'll see what they say. Thanks for the advice on using it 7 days a week, I would have only used the nitrate on WO days and lost most of the benefit I guess.