Getting Gyno Surgery - need some help please!

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
I'm scheduled for the 27th of July, and would like some info. But first:

Background
- Never have had ANY type of surgery before
- Never taken prohormones or steroids before
- Never had any problems with my nips till this March (took tribulus)
- kina lean, BF% maybe 18? anyway I don't need lipo thankfully, just a smidgeon maybe? We're still discussing it.
- Have had 2 consultations with 2 different doctors, both sounded promising and had good records online. One had a harvard degree but that was directed towards facial reconstruction surgery and couldn't find any of his gyno reviews, also he charged 5500$ while the other one had more gyno reviews was a little more helpful and sounded more knowledgeable (he talked about the whole movement of the arm thing). Another thing is he wants to take a minimal amount of tissue apposed to too much which I think is much safer. he's 4350$

My main concerns/thoughts are:

1) I've heard some people are left with "craters" from this kind of operation and I'm wondering how to avoid that, how often do people get them and what makes them more likely to occur glandular excision or lipo? The patients I've seen who had this problem had both glandular excision and lipo.

2) relaxed vs flexed/"animated" results...WTF?!?! How can there be two kinds of results...I don't get it.

3) I'm wondering if I should see an endo just to make sure this problem won't reoccur, and if so how much do they cost and what exactly do they do?

4) After surgery I have heard of all these time periods such as the time frame you have to wear your vest, time frame you have to avoid sunlight, time frame it takes for swelling to go down, time frame for returning to work, etc. One doc says its 3 months to avoid the sun and another says its a year...one says you have to spend just 1 week in the vest and off work, another says it will take 3. Anyway I can get a better answer for myself?

5) Bottom line: What is the success rate of this procedure and will my nips go back to "normal"? Is it worth it?

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many in-detail questions.

Colochine

Colochine

Awards
  • Established
Just out of curiosity did you try any sort of AI therapy like letro?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I'm scheduled for the 27th of July, and would like some info. But first:

Background
- Never have had ANY type of surgery before
- Never taken prohormones or steroids before
- Never had any problems with my nips till this March (took tribulus)
- kina lean, BF% maybe 18? anyway I don't need lipo thankfully, just a smidgeon maybe? We're still discussing it.
- Have had 2 consultations with 2 different doctors, both sounded promising and had good records online. One had a harvard degree but that was directed towards facial reconstruction surgery and couldn't find any of his gyno reviews, also he charged 5500$ while the other one had more gyno reviews was a little more helpful and sounded more knowledgeable (he talked about the whole movement of the arm thing). Another thing is he wants to take a minimal amount of tissue apposed to too much which I think is much safer. he's 4350$

My main concerns/thoughts are:

1) I've heard some people are left with "craters" from this kind of operation and I'm wondering how to avoid that, how often do people get them and what makes them more likely to occur glandular excision or lipo? The patients I've seen who had this problem had both glandular excision and lipo.

the #2 doctor wants to take minimal tissue to avoid the "crater" and it usually depends on how big your lump is.

2) relaxed vs flexed/"animated" results...WTF?!?! How can there be two kinds of results...I don't get it.

My guess on this one would be that they can shape it to look proper when flexed or when relaxed... idk haha.

3) I'm wondering if I should see an endo just to make sure this problem won't reoccur, and if so how much do they cost and what exactly do they do?

Without insurance or with? Probably $$$$$

4) After surgery I have heard of all these time periods such as the time frame you have to wear your vest, time frame you have to avoid sunlight, time frame it takes for swelling to go down, time frame for returning to work, etc. One doc says its 3 months to avoid the sun and another says its a year...one says you have to spend just 1 week in the vest and off work, another says it will take 3. Anyway I can get a better answer for myself?

I've heard it's only 3 days without any major upper-body movement. The year without sun thing is probably to reduce scarring. The vest is to prevent the space from filling with fluid_ I would wear that for as long as they told me...

5) Bottom line: What is the success rate of this procedure and will my nips go back to "normal"? Is it worth it?

Good and yes if the lump/s bother you. I have a small case myself, nothing horrible but being a perfectionist and all it really gets to me sometimes.

Thanks in advance and sorry for so many in-detail questions.
Hope that helped a little.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
You can always do a google image search for "gyno surgery before and after pictures" too and get a good idea if those are the results you're looking for.

Also "the Rock" had gyno removed you can look up pics of him before and after. He had a small "crater" afterwards but I believe the muscle can be worked out to fill the space back up as long as it isn't severe.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
good answer monster, i had plastic surgery recently from a gym accident splitting my wig....so i inquired about the surgery since you hear all kinds of different things, the surgeon said it's becoming more and more common, which to me would be a good sign since the surgeon would at that time have more experience

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
good answer monster, i had plastic surgery recently from a gym accident splitting my wig....so i inquired about the surgery since you hear all kinds of different things, the surgeon said it's becoming more and more common, which to me would be a good sign since the surgeon would at that time have more experience
Exactly, you don't wanna go with a first timer on something like that.

Tommy1109

Awards
get your hormone levels checked. maybe cured with a possible testosterone treatment? idk i am no doctor. I would suggest getting some blood work done.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
get your hormone levels checked. maybe cured with a possible testosterone treatment? idk i am no doctor. I would suggest getting some blood work done.
I had 2 so far, test, estrogen, estradiol, cortisol, liver enzymes, kidneys, and some others were tested. I'm not sure if it's enough though. Do I need to test luteinizing hormone or FSH too? I don't remember if I had it tested and I know tribulus raises them.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Don't jump into AI's you can make it worse if you don't know what you're doing. Ask a doc or get surgery is my opinion.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you have a good legit surgeon, you should be okay.

Mike

josephd79

Awards
Let me apologize ahead of time for this one. 18% BF is not lean, and trib didn't have any affect on your gyno, which you likely don't have. Irritating nipples are a sign of high estrogen, typically a result of AAS use but that's not gyno...rather a hard painful lump behind the nipple is. You probably just store fat on your chest like most heavy set guys do and I would recommend you lose considerable weight first.

Lipo is typically part of the removal process so if the doctor's are telling you they're going in to just remove the gyno, they should be prepared with the lipo equipment as well.

I've had the surgery twice, once on each nipple. Insurance covered both times so you should check with your primary care physician first. Also, the prices you're being quoted better include hospital room use and anesthesiologist as those are separate services. Make sure you're not just paying the surgeon's bill as the others will come in the mail. As far as recovery, you won't be lifting anything for a month.

bill86

bill86

Awards
  • Established
i didnt know tribulus could cause gyno... and 18% isnt lean enough to tell, at least IMO (and i wouldnt trust a surgeons opinion either.... again, just IMO)

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Let me apologize ahead of time for this one. 18% BF is not lean, and trib didn't have any affect on your gyno, which you likely don't have. Irritating nipples are a sign of high estrogen, typically a result of AAS use but that's not gyno...rather a hard painful lump behind the nipple is. You probably just store fat on your chest like most heavy set guys do and I would recommend you lose considerable weight first.

Lipo is typically part of the removal process so if the doctor's are telling you they're going in to just remove the gyno, they should be prepared with the lipo equipment as well.

I've had the surgery twice, once on each nipple. Insurance covered both times so you should check with your primary care physician first. Also, the prices you're being quoted better include hospital room use and anesthesiologist as those are separate services. Make sure you're not just paying the surgeon's bill as the others will come in the mail. As far as recovery, you won't be lifting anything for a month.
??

1) Doc said my chest is lean enough so I don't need lipo, perhaps just a smidgeon to even out. So yea he will have the lipo equipment ready.

2) Tribulus gave me the gyno, and I don't have a hard painful lump behind the nips.

3) I cut from 220 to 189 in couple months, not much changed.

!4) How the fauk did you get it covered? I live in Canada and have extended healthcare and I was told it can't be done?!??

JeremyT

Awards
So wait, you don't have any sort of hard or painful lump behind your nipples? Then what is all this gyno you are talking about? Fat deposits and puffy nipples, a case of gyno does not make. Also, before you think to go under the knife, do some research on letro therapy. It seems like alot of guys are having good results with it.

josephd79

Awards
??

1) Doc said my chest is lean enough so I don't need lipo, perhaps just a smidgeon to even out. So yea he will have the lipo equipment ready.

A surgeon will always take your money. He's a business like any other.

2) Tribulus gave me the gyno, and I don't have a hard painful lump behind the nips.

Then you don't have gyno. It's just fat. Most men have it like that.

3) I cut from 220 to 189 in couple months, not much changed.

Lipo will help spot reduction in areas like love handles and fatty breast tissue, but it's not Gyno.

!4) How the fauk did you get it covered? I live in Canada and have extended healthcare and I was told it can't be done?!??

I'm in the US so I don't know how it would work up there. I just had to pay a co-pay for surgery, which was $100. I'm not sure how to handle insurance companies.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Well I think he said I have a little lump but it's not painful. He said its localized to under the nipple, that's what I remember anyway. And he said I only have at most 1.5" of fat over rest of the chest but 2" over the nipple, so again its localized. I know I asked 1 of the surgeons I met with if it was glandular vs fat, and he said gland.

Can you have fat localized under the nipple that makes it puffy? Cuz I didn't think so.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
Man gyno is a hard lump under the nipple. YOu push on it and it hurts, trust me, I have had it under my left nipple for 8 years and there is a difference between chest fat and gyno. Dont let anyone sucker you out of your money. COntinue to tru to reduce bf% and see how things go

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Man gyno is a hard lump under the nipple. YOu push on it and it hurts, trust me, I have had it under my left nipple for 8 years and there is a difference between chest fat and gyno. Dont let anyone sucker you out of your money. COntinue to tru to reduce bf% and see how things go
Dude my default weight for the past 2 YEARS has been 205, with NO gyno I might add perfectly happy with my chest, then I bulk to 220 with tribulus and blamo nips get fauked, then I cut down 31 POUNDS to 189 and est. 12% BF starting to see abs and the GYNO IS STILL THERE. Wtf am I supposed to do, cut down the FAUKING 165?!?! loose muscle mass to get to 3% BF and loose another 25 lbs only to see NO DIFFERENCE!! Thats fauking retarded.

gland or fat, bottom line I need surgery, already tried exercise and it doesn't work.

Edit - though I admit I'm also skeptical whether or not it really is extra gland giving me the problem.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
I'm having second thoughts about the surgery...did some research on letro and AIs, how well do they work and what are the side effects and cost?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I'm having second thoughts about the surgery...did some research on letro and AIs, how well do they work and what are the side effects and cost?
Surgery is the way IMHO. Unless you have a definite hard, ball-like gland behind the nip Ai's (letro) aren't going top help. At most it would shrink a mass a little but I've never seen them go away completely. If what you have seems more like a fatty deposit, Letro prolly won't do much of anything besides make you feel like **** and give you achy joints.

Why are you second guessing the surgery? Cost?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Cost & wondering if I really need it...man I don't know.

I hear ya. I guess it all depends on how bad it bothers you. If you're constantly feeling uncomfortable or self conscienceabout it, I'd say it's worth it.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
If I take letro then am I still considered a natural?

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take pics of the gyno, it's the only way for us to give an accurate say as to if it's gyno or not. There are some tells. If you're REALLY 12%, it'll be easy to tell.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Letro is hormonal. So no. Sorry on a short vacation.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
BTW are you given any anti-inflammatory's after the procedure or just pain meds?

josephd79

Awards
BTW are you given any anti-inflammatory's after the procedure or just pain meds?
I was given just pain relievers. The whole pec will look all black & blue so you'll be in pain but I went to work the 2nd day. It's not too bad, if it's done right.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interesting:

In younger males and older men, breast cancer is typically associated with gynecomastia, a condition that results in overdeveloped breasts. It can be caused by high estrogen levels or certain medications and steroids.

By itself, gynecomastia is not cancerous; however, males who have it are at higher risk of developing breast cancer because it can be the result of a hormonal imbalance.

''Forty percent of men with gynecomastia develop breast cancer, but it is not a cause-effect relationship,'' Hassan said. ''Gynecomastia does not cause the cancer, but those who have it are more at risk.''

Breast cancer in men - relation to Gynecomastia? Article.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
Update - I canceled the surgery because I felt I was rushing into things too quickly. This **** is very complicated, I still not 100% sure what I have but it looks like sugery is likely the only answer, I have puffy nips but still not sure if its pseudo gyno or regular gyno. I was thinking of trying a topical fat burner to hit the problem areas only (and stay drug free). Any thoughts?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Update - I canceled the surgery because I felt I was rushing into things too quickly. This **** is very complicated, I still not 100% sure what I have but it looks like sugery is likely the only answer, I have puffy nips but still not sure if its pseudo gyno or regular gyno. I was thinking of trying a topical fat burner to hit the problem areas only (and stay drug free). Any thoughts?
Won't work and using letro on psuedo gyno won't do jack either unless you're basically on a contest prep diet and you get your bf% real low. Even then, it can come back puffy when you're off the diet... at least that's what happened to me.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
It's either get your bf% real low naturally and see if it goes away or get surgery. Playing around with hormonal Rx's can potentially make it worse in the end.

Deadlifter5

Deadlifter5

Awards
It's either get your bf% real low naturally and see if it goes away or get surgery. Playing around with hormonal Rx's can potentially make it worse in the end.
So creams won't do jack to help?!?! So many people say it can help.

If I do get into single digit BF% - even the lower ones, like 5% - and it does go away, will it come back when I stop dieting?

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established
well in my case i had the puffy nipples for awhile, and i'm pretty sure it was because of the prohormones i messed around with when i was 20 years old. I had surgery a couple years ago and i was a different man after that. Trust me if its really bothering u that much just have the surgery, pay the money (or hassle your insurance company to pay for it like i did). But 4 grand or whatever it is, is nothing for the relief you'll feel when its over.

I stopped working out for around 2 months, u could probly do a month but i didn't wanna take any chances. I don't know why u would need to stay out of the sun? Bottom line its worth it. Cant even tell there was any kind of surgery on my nipples

Gstyle24

Awards
  • Established

If I do get into single digit BF% - even the lower ones, like 5% - and it does go away, will it come back when I stop dieting?
and no creams won't work. i tried it all: epistane, tamoxifen, anastrozol, letro, theres no magic pill to fix it

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established

Even if you get into single digits, it most likely won't shrink at all unless it's lypomastia and yes, it could come back.

As for the creams... yeah, people say it can help but how many can prove it? I've never seen a single one personally.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In various comnbinations...AI's, SERMS, Creams, Losing bodyfat, heck even Prolactin inhibitors in some cases - may all assist with puffy nips...but for TRUE GYNO (hard lumpy mass), you need surgery. Period.