FDA unleashes end game scheme to outlaw virtually all dietary supplements formulated

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couldnt fit the whole title, but this is for all supplements after 1994.

What do you guys think?

(NaturalNews) In the wake of hundreds of dietary supplements recently being outlawed across the EU, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has quietly unleashed a regulatory scheme that, if fully implemented, could ban virtually all dietary supplements in the USA that were formulated after 1994.

That means nearly all superfoods, multivitamins, detox supplements, and medicinal herbal products we have all come to depend on to prevent disease and boost our immune health could soon be stripped from store shelves and outlawed across the nation. I call it the "End Game" of the FDA's war against humanity: Phase one was the enforcement of nutritional ignorance by threatening and raiding companies that dared to make truthful health claims on their own websites (Tyranny in the USA: The true history of FDA raids on healers, vitamin shops and supplement companies). Phase two involves "nuking" the entire dietary supplements industry by simply denying the use of nearly all the ingredients presently used in supplement products.

On the front lines of health freedom

The discovery of this new End Game strategy by the FDA to outlaw virtually all dietary supplements comes to us from the Alliance for Natural Health, the leading health freedom non-profit group in America, and the group that consistently reports fact-based information on how the FDA and FTC are squashing health freedom in America. Their most recent announcement, entitled FDA's New Sneak Attack on Supplements (http://www.anh-usa.org/fda-new-snea...) explains how this new assault on your freedom is being engineered by the FDA.

Here's the brief story of where this comes from and how the FDA is now waging a new war on our vitamins, herbs and supplements:

In 1994, after years of armed raids, oppression and censorship by the FDA, Congress passed a law known as DSHEA. This is the law that essentially forced the FDA to stop regulating dietary supplements out of existence, and groups such as the Life Extension Foundation (www.LEF.org) were instrumental in helping get this law passed in 1994.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FDA’s New Sneak Attack on Supplements
(http://www.anh-usa.org/fda-new-sneak-attack-on-supplements/
)
Just before the July 4 holiday weekend, hoping to limit media attention, the FDA dropped a bomb on dietary supplements. Don’t let them get away with it! A new Action Alert.

On July 1, the US Food and Drug Administration issued this vvvvvvvvvv

Draft Guidance for Industry: Dietary Supplements: New Dietary Ingredient Notifications and Related Issues

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplianceRegulatoryInformation/GuidanceDocuments/DietarySupplements/ucm257563.htm#top

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haha...just noticed someone posted something about this too, lol

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, Vaughn beat you to it. I really don't think it is anything worth panicking about. But I could be wrong.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, Vaughn beat you to it. I really don't think it is anything worth panicking about. But I could be wrong.
There is no reason to panic, but people need to be aware of the inner workings of government because if the people fall asleep they will pass anything they want. Its up to us to keep each other informed and to take the appropriate action.

If I posted excerpts of the "Patriot Act" in 2000 and told them by 2002 this will be law on the net for example people would think Im crazy, lol

seccsi

seccsi

Awards
  • Established
There is no reason to panic, but people need to be aware of the inner workings of government because if the people fall asleep they will pass anything they want. Its up to us to keep each other informed and to take the appropriate action.

If I posted excerpts of the "Patriot Act" in 2000 and told them by 2002 this will be law on the net for example people would think Im crazy, lol
Oh I'm not saying it's not good to be aware. I'm just saying as someone who has watched the supplement industry for the last decade I've seen countless "they are getting ready to ban everything" posts. It just hasn't happened yet. Will this time be different? Maybe....but I'm not going to get worked up about it until we see some real action.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Think about it, I regularly see elderly people purchase supplements, probably because their Doctor said to. Im elderly and use supplements. I think they are as likely to ban supplements as they are to ban beer.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Think about it, I regularly see elderly people purchase supplements, probably because their Doctor said to. Im elderly and use supplements. I think they are as likely to ban supplements as they are to ban beer.
Well, we wouldnt be exactly "banning" supplements. I would assume it would transfer to prescription only supplements. The lobbyists in Washington are getting paid by and to hook up pharmaceutical industry with an entire monopoly on the health industry. I see a trend happening with products such as "prescription fish oil" which is ridiculous imo.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"Who" ?

I say we...anything the government passes is "we" as in the government and the people. Anything the government decides, weather its incriminating unconstitutional laws or not its all our fault for letting these things happen.

Just the way I look at it.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Taking responsibility to the extreme? Anyway I doubt it would pass, if it did there would be tons of illegal supplements eveywhere for decades. Its not likely, the FDA has been talking about this for sometime. I was alarmed when it was mentioned some years ago, but it appears to be hype. There are probably quite a few people in politics that supplement daily. Pseudo- androgens are a different story in that abuse can cause problems. Things like vit. c, e, will probably always be available.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Having a strong ego is good, but it can obscure reality. If youre wealthy, might not be much of a problem.I Enjoy your educational posts here.

Reactions: ax1
ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bet if the government got as much tax money from supplements as they do with cigarettes they would look at bills like these and think of the people that wrote them as crazy.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Having a strong ego is good, but it can obscure reality. If youre wealthy, might not be much of a problem.I Enjoy your educational posts here.
Your saying I have a ego? I actually think ego is a mental obscuration, blaming myself for the worlds problems is not ego its compassion. What did you mean by that?

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
If you are taking responsibility for everything, even things that are beyond your control, its indicative of egocentricity. That is, "as if you could do something about it" see what I mean? Healthy ego is good, that means and implies boundaries in thought, actions and activities. The ego is you, floating in a sea of Id, the super-ego is what floats you in this sea. IMO the super ego can be contaminated or overdriven by ego. I think you see what I mean. Rational and objective thought is the way, particularly when everything you encounter seems contrary to that. Its just my opinion, though. This is a crazy world, it makes sense to stay sane.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are taking responsibility for everything, even things that are beyond your control, its indicative of egocentricity. That is, "as if you could do something about it" see what I mean? Healthy ego is good, that means and implies boundaries in thought, actions and activities. The ego is you, floating in a sea of Id, the super-ego is what floats you in this sea. IMO the super ego can be contaminated or overdriven by ego. I think you see what I mean. Rational and objective thought is the way, particularly when everything you encounter seems contrary to that. Its just my opinion, though. This is a crazy world, it makes sense to stay sane.
I see what you are saying. I do have in mind that I cant do much, what satisfies me is that I try to some extent and if I fail at it or not is not as important as trying...but its far from the point of dragging my personal life down (I definitely stay sane.) Good post, I understand what you were trying to say :)

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Good point, super-ego dictates are what spurs you to make an attempt at resolution of problems. Particularly when you encounter the collective of ignorance, and it is vast.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Sorry, but given the US' current budget deficit this would be the dumbest decision ever made...The supplement industry is worth billions of dollars, and these companies are greatly contributing towards tax income.

This would be like "hey, lets ban cigarettes and go completely broke".

Fortunately, being from europe, I need not think about the retards from the FDA

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just wanted to add...to take on other issues outside of yourself with the appropriate intent is a way to cut through extreme ego...although inappropriate intent can lead to one further solidifying ones self sense of "I" which can lead to ego extremities. Proper intent = compassion, Improper intent = wanna be super-hero for example. With compassion of others, you are destroying the little bubble we live in and our little issues we used to concern ourselves with slowly dissipate.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Agreed its not likely to happen, but it could. Years ago gas was 33 cents a gallon, no one imagined it would ever be 4 dollars a gallon.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sorry, but given the US' current budget deficit this would be the dumbest decision ever made...The supplement industry is worth billions of dollars, and these companies are greatly contributing towards tax income.

This would be like "hey, lets ban cigarettes and go completely broke".

Fortunately, being from europe, I need not think about the retards from the FDA
It wouldnt necessarily be a ban, that term is deceptive. It would really be a tranfer to the Pharmaceutical industry. Corporations hire "lobbyists" here in America that go to Washington to negotiate policy. Also, corporations as of a year or 2 ago have unlimited rights to giving campaign contributions to all our politicians who need the money to stay in power.

If you want to know whats going on in America, follow the money.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Taking responsibility to the extreme? Anyway I doubt it would pass, if it did there would be tons of illegal supplements eveywhere for decades. Its not likely, the FDA has been talking about this for sometime. I was alarmed when it was mentioned some years ago, but it appears to be hype. There are probably quite a few people in politics that supplement daily. Pseudo- androgens are a different story in that abuse can cause problems. Things like vit. c, e, will probably always be available.
Nothing HAS to pass. This is not legislation, this is clarification guidance on how the FDA intends to act. Note the section that describes how extracts and chemically identical synthetic versions will now be considered adulterations. This definitely IS something to be outraged about.

And furthermore, check this link

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00602160

This is the FDA searching into using Herbal Extracts to treat allergies...but, if the extracts are available as supplements, how will their corporate bosses get their inflated cuts?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Compared to the pharmaceitical industry, the supplement industry is a pee puddle.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Just wanted to add...to take on other issues outside of yourself with the appropriate intent is a way to cut through extreme ego...although inappropriate intent can lead to one further solidifying ones self sense of "I" which can lead to ego extremities. Proper intent = compassion, Improper intent = wanna be super-hero for example. With compassion of others, you are destroying the little bubble we live in and our little issues we used to concern ourselves with slowly dissipate.
Yeh, hear what youre sayin, we dont want to impose of world model on everyone, (super-hero), but if we view in the spirit of compassion, fully knowing that there is only so much we can do, its healthy in that we can economize on our own resources and utilize our energies towards something that has more of a chance of being helpful to self and others. No " throwing pearls before swine" actions.