Supplement to blunt cortisol release from mental stress?

1. Supplement to blunt cortisol release from mental stress?

I suffer from OCD as well as a bit of anxiety and was curious as to what supplements would be best to blunt my adrenals from releasing excess cortisol in periods of mental stress, as I know that any kind of stress is bad for muscle growth.

I am familiar with relora and cissus for reducing cortisol, but I am specifically interested in something that will blunt or stop cortisol from being released when I experience a type of mental stress.

Thanks!

2. I have similar issues myself. I highly recommend you checkout Erase by PES. It has anticortisol effects. Been taking it for a couple weeks now and I have definitely noticed a positive impact on my mood and overall mental well being.

I also recommend you take some fish/krill oil supplements. You can also look into SAMe, 5-HTP, GABA, and Valerian root.

3. Cheapest supplement route is vitamin C, I find intense and regular cardio helps mostly.

•   

4. Oh yeah, I've also been doing a lot more cardio than before these past few weeks. That is definitely another excellent way to help manage stress.

5. Check out Reduce XT, it's exactly what you're looking for.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    NomZ[at]seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    All posts are solely the opinion of myself and do not reflect the views of SNS.

6. ashwangda root, they also mention st john wort for anxiety

7. EndoAMP and Vidatest are what looking for... or Magnesium oil from swansonvitamins

8. I've had good stress/anxiety reducing effects with 200mg-600mg L-Theanine+350mg-700mg Passion Flower Extract. I use the NOW brand. I take both supplements at the same time.

I tried these out after reading some good reviews of Seredyn. I just looked up the ingredients in Seredyn and bought the ingredients. Seredyn also has Valerian in it but I skipped that because I know that's a common sleep aid and I didn't want the sleepy effect.

9. Seconded on VitC. I take 2-3g a day, 1g when i wake up when cortisol is high, then 1g or so post workout when cortisol is high again. I can't really comment on the products mentioned in this thread but VitC will be your most cost effective response to high cortisol. Buy a bottle from NOW for less than 10 dollars and profit.

10. this sounds like what you need, and it's on sale now too...

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/c...-c-120-ml.html

11. Reduce XT + Picamilon-150 + Phenibut XT. Stop cortisol at the source and reduce already elevated levels.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES

12. Im using PES Erase and DS Lean Extreme. Yeah Erase has had positive effects on my mood.
    Vitamin C
    Reduce XT
    Antioxidant blends - I like AppNut BioMend
    Sex - could be cheap or very expensive depending on where you shop
    Sleep - pretty cheap, buy in bulk
    By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired.
    Franz Kafka

13. Looks like I will be picking up some vit c this week. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

14. Quote Originally Posted by IronManny View Post
    I have similar issues myself. I highly recommend you checkout Erase by PES. It has anticortisol effects. Been taking it for a couple weeks now and I have definitely noticed a positive impact on my mood and overall mental well being.
    Agree here. Erase is a very versatile supplement, and in most users, the feedback shows signs of lowering cortisol
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

15. SNS Reduce XT is the exactly what you need and looking for.
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...t-90-caps.html

PES Erase also has some anti-cortisol effects.
    I'm Back...

16. Reduce XT
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com

17. Reduce XT and Vitamin C would be the perfect combo for this.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

18. I like l-theanine for mental stress.
    Applied Nutriceuticals
    www.appliednutriceuticals.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by ryansm View Post
    Cheapest supplement route is vitamin C, I find intense and regular cardio helps mostly.
    intense and regular cardio for REDUCING cortisol? Explain....

20. NOW Relora and Holy Basil at 3 caps each, 3 times per day. Add HerbPharma Lemon Balm extract at 2-3 dropperfuls and nothing will get under your skin.

Similar Forum Threads

1. PMA(Positive Mental attitude) = lower cortisol
    By John Smeton in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 02:54 AM
  2. Flattened stress induced cortisol response
    By zkt in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 04:38 PM
  3. oxycalm log - for stress relief (cortisol suppression?)
    By anapolack in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-20-2006, 06:13 PM
  4. Stress, cortisol, and muscle breakdown...
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 12:23 AM