Dose creatine nitrate lower blood pressure or have any NO effect on non training days

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
It's nitrates... so no matter if you're training or not you will get vasodilation.

From my internet search I pulled this... thought it might help. It's referring to beet root but beet roots have BP lowering effects 'cause of their natural nitrate content. **that's why Controlled Labs uses Beet Root extract in their new formula for White Flood.

" 500 ml of beetroot juice led to a reduction in blood pressure within one hour. The reduction was more pronounced after three to four hours, and was measurable up to 24 hours after drinking the juice. The effect is attributed to the high nitrate content of the beetroot. The study correlated high nitrate concentrations in the blood following ingestion of the beetroot juice and the drop in blood pressure. Dietary nitrate, such as that found in the beetroot, is thought to be a source for the biological messenger nitric oxide, which is used by the endothelium to signal smooth muscle, triggering it to relax. This induces vasodilation and increased blood flow.[3]

Read more: Beetroot: Information from Answers.com

madchemist

Banned
Awards
It's more likely that Controlled Labs added "Beet Root" to take advantage of the current nitrates trend, while not paying for actual nitrates. The amount of nitrates in beet root are fairly minimal.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
"The effect is attributed to the high nitrate content of the beetroot."

Professor Ahluwalia said. “We gave inorganic nitrate capsules or beetroot juice to healthy volunteers and compared their blood pressure responses and the biochemical changes occurring in the circulation.
“We showed that beetroot and nitrate capsules are equally effective in lowering blood pressure indicating that it is the nitrate content of beetroot juice that underlies its potential to reduce blood pressure. We also found that only a small amount of juice is needed – just 250ml – to have this effect, and that the higher the blood pressure at the start of the study the greater the decrease caused by the nitrate.
“Our previous study two years ago found that drinking beetroot juice lowered blood pressure; now we know how it works.”

It's more likely that Controlled Labs added "Beet Root" to take advantage of the current nitrates trend, while not paying for actual nitrates. The amount of nitrates in beet root are fairly minimal.
Cool, any info for the OP regarding his question?

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nitrates are inexpensive. I'm pretty sure they used beet because of the study, and because it's cool. ;) And they probably had a massive pallet laying around for use in Oximega Greens. ;)

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Nitrates are inexpensive. I'm pretty sure they used beet because of the study, and because it's cool. ;) And they probably had a massive pallet laying around for use in Oximega Greens. ;)
Hey, as long as they work...

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yessir, it would work on non-workout days as well

I would not recommend taking White Flood on non-workout days tho. No real reason to take in stimulants or have an NO effect when you arent about to workout

madchemist

Banned
Awards
Cool, any info for the OP regarding his question?
To answer his question: that would depend on the individual. For example, people with low amounts of circulating nitric oxide (i.e. primary idiopathic "essential" HTN) would experience a decrement in BP that would last for 16-24 hours. The reason for the exceptionally long half-life is because of the unique interchange between nitrates and nitrites via the enterosalivary circulation. Non-hypertensive individuals can also experience the benefits of the prolonged nitrate kinetics by working out within that time-frame.

Acccccctttuually, nitrate salts are not that cheap, and "beet root" contains about 65mg of nitrates per gram. As the previous studies demonstrate, it takes 400-500 ml of ground beetroot extract to produce nitrate-induced dynamics. The reality is that no one, except CL, knows the amount of nitrates in the new White Flood. It's likely that it is minimal, and non-effective.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Yessir, it would work on non-workout days as well

I would not recommend taking White Flood on non-workout days tho. No real reason to take in stimulants or have an NO effect when you arent about to workout
This is my concern! My BP is fine and I dont wjant to mess with it!

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is my concern! My BP is fine and I dont wjant to mess with it!
If you have no pre-existing conditions you will be fine