Egg White v. Whey Protein - AnabolicMinds.com

Egg White v. Whey Protein

  1. New Member
    acwingfoot's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    145

    Reputation

    Egg White v. Whey Protein


    As I have researched, this topic is debatable. But looking for some advice or .02 regarding Egg White Protein v. Whey protein. I like to stick to a whole food diet as much as possible - but is swaping out Whey for Egg protein really that big of a difference. Has anyone seen any noticable differences or changes when going to Egg White Protein Powder..? I like the fact that the fats and carbs are 0 in the specific brand I buy. The taste is OK, nothing near a few whey proteins i have had - been defintely still enjoyable.

    Just looking for some .02, advice, experience, etc.

  2. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,475
    Rep Power
    5966601

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by acwingfoot View Post
    As I have researched, this topic is debatable. But looking for some advice or .02 regarding Egg White Protein v. Whey protein. I like to stick to a whole food diet as much as possible - but is swaping out Whey for Egg protein really that big of a difference. Has anyone seen any noticable differences or changes when going to Egg White Protein Powder..? I like the fact that the fats and carbs are 0 in the specific brand I buy. The taste is OK, nothing near a few whey proteins i have had - been defintely still enjoyable.

    Just looking for some .02, advice, experience, etc.
    You will literally notice zero difference in body composition between the 2 products.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  3. Advanced Member
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    170662

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    You will literally notice zero difference in body composition between the 2 products.
    Even if your using it multiple times a day? I believe if a product even makes a 5% difference in a year that is still 5%. Whey and egg protein have there own place and time. I would say between meals eggs but first thing in the morning or post-workout whey.

    Check out:
    Whey to build Muscle or Premium blend by MuscleFeast

    For egg white:
    Rose Acre Egg whites
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
    •   
       

  4. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,475
    Rep Power
    5966601

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert View Post
    Even if your using it multiple times a day? I believe if a product even makes a 5% difference in a year that is still 5%. Whey and egg protein have there own place and time. I would say between meals eggs but first thing in the morning or post-workout whey.

    Check out:
    Whey to build Muscle or Premium blend by MuscleFeast

    For egg white:
    Rose Acre Egg whites
    There is no place and time for different protein sources. There will not be a 5% difference. There will be a 0% difference, unless OP is consuming 50g total protein a day, in which case the BV comes into play.

    Nutrient timing is irrelevant, so the speed of absorption is also irrelevant.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  5. Advanced Member
    Colbert's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    819
    Rep Power
    170662

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    There is no place and time for different protein sources. There will not be a 5% difference. There will be a 0% difference, unless OP is consuming 50g total protein a day, in which case the BV comes into play.

    Nutrient timing is irrelevant, so the speed of absorption is also irrelevant.
    Dat would bash you if he was here...
    Orbit Nutrition Rep
    http://www.orbitnutrition.com
  6. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,475
    Rep Power
    5966601

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Ok, I will revise the statement: Nutrient timing is irrelevant for DIRECT effects on body composition.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821
    http://www.leangains.com/
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  7. Senior Member
    DaveGabe24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,200
    Rep Power
    9017

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Ok, I will revise the statement: Nutrient timing is irrelevant for DIRECT effects on body composition.

    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=123915821
    http://www.leangains.com/
    qft
  8. Advanced Member
    drooks10's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    732
    Rep Power
    96785

    Reputation Reputation

    I agree with Coop on this one. Leangains.com is a great site. OP, if you haven't checked it out, please do so. It has opened a lot of people's minds and dispels a lot of broscience found on so many boards.
    Applied Nutriceuticals Representative
    Appliednutriceuticals.com
    Are you ready for N.O. UPTAKE? It's a game-changer!
  9. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767474

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The only reason I use egg white protein in contest preps is to have a switch from whey isolate since both are virtually ALMOST zero fat/zero cabs. Never noticed a difference though between whey and egg.

    Mike
  10. Elite Member
    halfhuman's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,136
    Rep Power
    1148960

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Eating carbs late will cause fat gains...Its common sense and its proven
  11. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,475
    Rep Power
    5966601

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by halfhuman View Post
    Eating carbs late will cause fat gains...Its common sense and its proven
    Notsureifsrs. It is both DISproven and it is in no way common sense. Overall energy balance, on a day to day, week to week basis will determine fat storage. You realize there are two other macronutrients that also have possess energy in their monomer forms...
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  12. Ω Omega Sports Ω
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,501
    Rep Power
    178408

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I am with Cooper all the way in this thread.

    halfhuman, I am curious as to who proved that?
    Omega Sports Representative
    The Omega Vision Honor. Integrity. Trust.
  13. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    2220855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I skimmed an article in the paper (Star Telegram) yesterday that the potato (and it's various forms, baked, fried, etc) is responsible for causing more obesity in the US than drinking sodas, eating candy...etc, due to its rapid absorbtion, packing a lot of calories & some other things...a study that followed something like thousands of people over a 12 year period....anyone else see that same article? Seemed like they were really trying to demonize the spud all the way around...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  14. Senior Member
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253646

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    I skimmed an article in the paper (Star Telegram) yesterday that the potato (and it's various forms, baked, fried, etc) is responsible for causing more obesity in the US than drinking sodas, eating candy...etc, due to its rapid absorbtion, packing a lot of calories & some other things...a study that followed something like thousands of people over a 12 year period....anyone else see that same article? Seemed like they were really trying to demonize the spud all the way around...
    Looks like it's time to start adding more potatoes to my diet.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  15. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,539
    Rep Power
    2220855

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by antihero View Post
    Looks like it's time to start adding more potatoes to my diet.
    no joke! One of my food fetishes the last few months are baked potato fries, prolly eat the equivalent of 3-4 potatoes in one sitting...uh-ohhhh...
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  16. New Member
    Dahollow's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  230 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Age
    34
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    62

    Reputation

    Cooked sweet potato versus chips... Blame it on the potato...
  17. Senior Member
    antihero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    253646

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Dahollow View Post
    Cooked sweet potato versus chips... Blame it on the potato...
    Speaking of, I had sweet potato fries at Friday's and they were incredible.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions
    Revolutionizing Sports Nutrition, One Product At A Time
    antihero [@] SeriousNutritionSolutions.com
  18. Elite Member
    StackedCop's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,720
    Rep Power
    135803

    Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Bump

  19. Professional Member
    kingjameskjf's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,476
    Rep Power
    3250883

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Notsureifsrs. It is both DISproven and it is in no way common sense. Overall energy balance, on a day to day, week to week basis will determine fat storage. You realize there are two other macronutrients that also have possess energy in their monomer forms...
    agreed as well


    OP, they are both good forms of protein, they just have a slight difference in amino acid profiles such as 2% (I believe) higher leucine content for whey then egg, but not enough difference to alter body composition.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep
  20. Elite Member
    criticalbench's Avatar
    Stats
    5'1"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,829
    Rep Power
    767474

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by StakedCop View Post
    Bump
    wtf are you bumping lol. This thread is mad old!
  21. Diamond Member
    mr.cooper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10,475
    Rep Power
    5966601

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by criticalbench View Post
    wtf are you bumping lol. This thread is mad old!
    he wants to revel in the glory of SNS + iForce love
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2009, 03:06 AM
  2. Scivation Whey or allthewhey whey protein blend
    By just93 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 07:43 AM
  3. Body Fortress Whey Protein White Particles
    By drivehard in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-23-2008, 10:18 PM
  4. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:12 AM
  5. Designer Protein Whey VS Optimum Nutrition Whey
    By g35driver2003 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2006, 02:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in