can HCGenerate damage the testis? Study inside. Looking for feedback/thoughts!

vishnu10003

Awards
Hey guys, will by trying HCGenerate soon, but am concerned about using after reading this study.. Thoughts???

J Ethnopharmacol. 2008 Jan 17;115(2):288-92. Epub 2007 Oct 9.
Related Articles, Links

Effects of oral administration of aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem on some testicular function indices of male rats.

Yakubu MT, Akanji MA, Oladiji AT.

Medicinal Plants Research Laboratory, Department of Biochemistry, University of Ilorin, P.M.B. 1515 Ilorin, Nigeria.

AIM OF THE STUDY: The effects of administration of aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis (Schweinf. Ex Hiern) stem on some testicular function indices of male rats (Rattus norvegicus) and their recovery potentials for 10 days were investigated. MATERIALS AND METHODS: Rats were grouped into four: A, B, C and D where A (the control) received orally 1ml of distilled water (the vehicle), B, C and D (the test groups) received orally on daily basis graded doses of 18, 50 and 100mg/kg body weight of the plant extract, respectively, for 28 days. RESULTS: Compared with the control, extract administration for 28 days at all the doses resulted in significant increase (P<0.05) in percentage testes-body weight ratio, testicular cholesterol, sialic acid, glycogen, acid phosphatase and gamma-glutamyl transferase activities while there was significant decrease (P<0.05) in the activities of testicular alkaline phosphatase, acid phosphatase, glutamate dehydrogenase and concentrations of protein. Recoveries were made by the animals on some of the testicular function indices mainly at 18mg/kg body weight. CONCLUSIONS: The alterations brought about by the aqueous extract of Fadogia agrestis stem are indications of adverse effects on the male rat testicular function and this may adversely affect the functional capacities of the testes. The recovery made at the dose of 18mg/kg body weight as used in folklore medicine suggests that it does not exhibit permanent toxicity at this dose.

PMID: 18023305 [PubMed - in process]

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about anything with HCGenerate man. Its good stuff and I've never heard of anyone having those types of problems with it.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
thers a lot of studies saying fadogia is bad long term

if they are right, looks like im screwed. i megadosed the **** out of that stuff for a while

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

if they are right, looks like im screwed. i megadosed the **** out of that stuff for a while
Probably wouldn't be the best idea to megadose it for longer than 6-8 weeks. I don't recommend running any test booster longer than 8 weeks without a 1-2 month break though

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Probably wouldn't be the best idea to megadose it for longer than 6-8 weeks. I don't recommend running any test booster longer than 8 weeks without a 1-2 month break though
why not? you can go up to 12 weeks with 5 day on 2 day off protocol

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This issue has been covered in countless threads related to Fadogia Agrestis and related products, and the products continue to sell because there is no significant issue with proper usage.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
didn't outstanding take HCGenerate after a super hardcore cycle and recovered fine...didn't he?

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My opinion, If you read even the abstract you will see that an equivalent dose (for a 200lb male) of 1620mg's would not cause permanent damage using it 28 days. And that assumes it applies to humans.

Also the abstract declares the results as "adverse" but really by adverse they mean the rats nuts got bigger during administration but did not go back to normal after ceasing use 10 days later. To oversimplify the issue.

They measured recovery for 10 days. And recovery in 10 days from the lower dosed group would indicate recovery would eventually occur for the groups dosing the plant higher. Also they could argue the "adverse" effects were not necessarily adverse...

Anyways if you keep at the lower end of the dosing range (18mg/kg) then I see no issue with safety based purely on this study's results.

jep

Awards
what megadosing do for you ? and what was the dose you took a day?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
You will not have an issue other than high estradiol at 1500mgs, nothing an AI cannot fix.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
what megadosing do for you ? and what was the dose you took a day?
made me angry and horny. but not much for gym performance. i stayed between 2 and 4 grams per day.

nerdalert

Awards
All I can tell you is that for me dosed at 5 caps per day it worked very nicely...full sack,boosted libido, and just felt better in general. I love the stuff personally.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All I can tell you is that for me dosed at 5 caps per day it worked very nicely...full sack,boosted libido, and just felt better in general. I love the stuff personally.
That is exactly what I have done the several times I have ran HCGenerate. 5 caps a day which is recommended dosage for a month. I had a great libido, the boys were hanging low, and some nice strength increases in the gym along with feeling great.

machwon04

Awards
  • Established
Would HCGenerate be good to run during an Epi cycle? If so, how should it be dosed? Would something like D-Aspartic Acid be beneficial to run during the cycle?

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Would HCGenerate be good to run during an Epi cycle? If so, how should it be dosed? Would something like D-Aspartic Acid be beneficial to run during the cycle?
Yes HCGen is great for on cycle. 5 caps/day. Save the DAA for PCT.IMO the HCGen is better on cycle to prevent shutdown and keep libido up etc etc. Use Phytoserms and Post cycle/Unleashed combo in PCT.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes HCGen is great for on cycle. 5 caps/day. Save the DAA for PCT.IMO the HCGen is better on cycle to prevent shutdown and keep libido up etc etc. Use Phytoserms and Post cycle/Unleashed combo in PCT.

I would agree with this 100% :thumbsup:

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
this thread is stupid. HCGen is fine, and plus, you need to cycle off any supp to keep it effective. So if you stay on it for 4-8wks you need to take a 4-8wk break.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
this thread is stupid. HCGen is fine, and plus, you need to cycle off any supp to keep it effective. So if you stay on it for 4-8wks you need to take a 4-8wk break.
That is exactly what I would recommend for any test booster.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Most natty test boosters can be ran up to about 12 weeks. Then you should take at least a 4 week break after that. If I wasn't using them in PCT, I would definitely run a natty stack for at least 12 weeks. Expensive yes, but it's safe. Not like running methylated orals!

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
Did you detach your testicles and examine them for damage? Just saying, that's the only way you would know for sure if this rat study translates.
LOL. Good point.

Following the recommended dosage IMO you would be fine. As Royd said, it depends on the definition of adverse and implies recovery anyway. The product does work and it works well.

JayJo

Banned
Awards
Fadogia is only bad for your testis when you take it for a long time and at a high (above 1500mg ed) dose! So HCGenerate should be totally safe!

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Fadogia is only bad for your testis when you take it for a long time and at a high (above 1500mg ed) dose! So HCGenerate should be totally safe!
I agree with you 100% :bigok:

No problem with HCGenerate at all. Only good things!! :)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Agreed... I'm not worried about a herbal supp shutting me down..

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The fadogia is like hcg, but the other parts of HCGenerate amplify many of the testosterone boosting effects by freeing up the elevated total test.

How's it working for you Vishnu?

mathew34

Awards
yo man, using HCGenerate have no side effect! damn man this is great products! I really love this stuff, most men using it, and i heard positive feedback of this. Thanks to needto. :)

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yo man, using HCGenerate have no side effect! damn man this is great products! I really love this stuff, most men using it, and i heard positive feedback of this. Thanks to needto. :)
The product works. Plain and simple. No smoke and mirrors here.