L-carnitine tartrate vs. l-carnitine l-tartrate?

Flabby

Awards
Is there a difference, or is it just 2 ways of referring to the same thing? I haven't been able to find any info/site/post where they're compared.

Thanks in advance.

Flabby

Awards
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I'm aware of l-carnitine l-tartrate's purported effects, but I wasn't sure if it was the same thing as the l-carnitine that's currently on sale at the whole foods by my house, which doesn't have the l- before the tartrate part. Sounds like I should buy!

p.s. I already use ALCAR and enjoy it.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

I'm aware of l-carnitine l-tartrate's purported effects, but I wasn't sure if it was the same thing as the l-carnitine that's currently on sale at the whole foods by my house, which doesn't have the l- before the tartrate part. Sounds like I should buy!

p.s. I already use ALCAR and enjoy it.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is an amino acid found in high concentrations in human brain, nerve, heart, liver and sperm cells, where it participates in metabolizing fatty acids into energy by the mitochondria.

It is not normally considered an essential nutrient because the body can manufacture all it needs. However, supplemental carnitine may improve the ability of certain tissues to produce energy.

We only produce about 20 milligrams of carnitine internally (de-novo synthesis) on a daily basis. The amounts we get from our diet vary tremendously according to dietary practices. The estimates of carnitine consumption are 72 mg/person/day in Japan, 225 mg /person/day in the U.S., and 290 mg/person/day in New Zealand

The principal food dietary sources of carnitine are meat and dairy products, but to obtain therapeutic dosages a supplement is necessary. L-carnitine works best when combined with CoQ10.

NOTE: One of the main reasons for the different commercial forms of carnitine is because the carnitine molecule is inherently unstable. It has a powerful ability to attract moisture (hygroscopicity), thus resulting in difficulties of formulating in a finished dosage format.

FYI- I stack few forms of carnitine daily (ALCAR,LCLT and PLCAR) and is simply OUSTANDING ;)