USP LABS Section Gone?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When did this happen?. I was going to post in there that the USP LABS site seems to have been down for the past 2 days. Anyway, since when did this change happen?

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Been quite a while actually, I would say about 4 months?

I don't know the particulars of why this happened, but I remember the comotion a little while ago.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
They left all boards due to legal reasons. USPLabs Powders is coming back soon though....

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Has nothing to do with products, and more to do with lawyers telling you to shut up...these days, anything online can be used against you....even if its completely harmless in our eyes.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
thats crazy that u cant even psot on the net about things without fear of a lawsuite

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Has nothing to do with products, and more to do with lawyers telling you to shut up...these days, anything online can be used against you....even if its completely harmless in our eyes.
So, despite having 'does not constitute medical advice,' or any additional disclaimer in place does not protect people anymore in an online environment? I can't use "I'm not a doctor, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express," anymore then for fear of legal action? If anything I could see this as being potentially damaging to the community as a whole by silencing members who have a lot of knowledge to contribute but won't due to potential legal ramifications. Thank you ambulance chasers and the 'Sue Nation.'

SynergyIre

Awards
  • Established
They left all boards due to legal reasons. USPLabs Powders is coming back soon though....
This excites me :) Any news on if it's something new or just a restock? Miss all the awesome promos between USP and NP...

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So, despite having 'does not constitute medical advice,' or any additional disclaimer in place does not protect people anymore in an online environment? I can't use "I'm not a doctor, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express," anymore then for fear of legal action? If anything I could see this as being potentially damaging to the community as a whole by silencing members who have a lot of knowledge to contribute but won't due to potential legal ramifications. Thank you ambulance chasers and the 'Sue Nation.'
Has nothing to do with it. I represent doctors, lawyers, CPAs and hospitals and always tell my client's to stay away from net and delete everything they can from social networking sites and forums. People say stupid things and get the incredibly genius idea of running legal theories and factual scenarios by others and than start altering their rendition of the facts based on lay internet perception. People who claim grievous injuries get on the net and talk about partying, wakeboarding, surfing, fighting, and other modes of conduct inconsistent with their injuries. People also have a tendency to divulge facts that either the opposing side may not previously consider or that may be otherwise inadmissible. Don't lie or alter your story and things would be fine.

A company can subject itself to a litany of problems by availing itself to this relatively inexpensive medium of advertisement. One example is notice of a dangerous or defective condition if they are on a forum fielding complaints and defending a product yet they do nothing to remedy the problem. Product liability claims are inherently expensive to pursue and companies rarely settle these without a huge fight regardless as to the merit. Accordingly, plaintiff's lawyers are exceedingly reluctant to file even meritorious cases due to expense and most valid claims never get pursued because the damages may not be sufficiently large to warrant the expense of pursuing. You have been listening to too many politicians with hidden agendas and individuals who are actually ignorant about the process. Something like 90 percent of valid medical malpractice claims are never pursued due to expense and other factors I rather not discuss. Nevertheless, you hear people claim there is a problem with frivolous medical malpractice litigation. The truth is people making such statements are either intellectually dishonest or just unaware of reality. Again, I represent the doctors and hospitals and I can say this without hesitation.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I know he got banned on bb forum but I didn't even notice they were gone. I wonder what are they in trouble for?

antihero

antihero

Awards
  • Established
I know he got banned on bb forum but I didn't even notice they were gone. I wonder what are they in trouble for?
I believe it is a "Personal injury / Product liability" lawsuit.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He wasn't "banned" in the normal sense. This was all voluntary on their part.

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
Has nothing to do with it. I represent doctors, lawyers, CPAs and hospitals and always tell my client's to stay away from net and delete everything they can from social networking sites and forums. People say stupid things and get the incredibly genius idea of running legal theories and factual scenarios by others and than start altering their rendition of the facts based on lay internet perception. People who claim grievous injuries get on the net and talk about partying, wakeboarding, surfing, fighting, and other modes of conduct inconsistent with their injuries. People also have a tendency to divulge facts that either the opposing side may not previously consider or that may be otherwise inadmissible. Don't lie or alter your story and things would be fine.

A company can subject itself to a litany of problems by availing itself to this relatively inexpensive medium of advertisement. One example is notice of a dangerous or defective condition if they are on a forum fielding complaints and defending a product yet they do nothing to remedy the problem. Product liability claims are inherently expensive to pursue and companies rarely settle these without a huge fight regardless as to the merit. Accordingly, plaintiff's lawyers are exceedingly reluctant to file even meritorious cases due to expense and most valid claims never get pursued because the damages may not be sufficiently large to warrant the expense of pursuing. You have been listening to too many politicians with hidden agendas and individuals who are actually ignorant about the process. Something like 90 percent of valid medical malpractice claims are never pursued due to expense and other factors I rather not discuss. Nevertheless, you hear people claim there is a problem with frivolous medical malpractice litigation. The truth is people making such statements are either intellectually dishonest or just unaware of reality. Again, I represent the doctors and hospitals and I can say this without hesitation.
I'll respond once I translate this!!! :D

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Could you elaborate on that?. Just interested why. Did something happen with one of their products?
You'd think they'd have to drop their ridiculous "The federal government is trying to close us down for how effective Pink Magic is" advertising horse crap too then.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You gotta admit that Jacob most certainly knew how to hype and cause a stir. I still love the thread feud between Jacob and Chuck. Friggin hilarious

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good to hear Usp labs powder is coming back.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Has nothing to do with it. I represent doctors, lawyers, CPAs and hospitals and always tell my client's to stay away from net and delete everything they can from social networking sites and forums. People say stupid things and get the incredibly genius idea of running legal theories and factual scenarios by others and then start altering their rendition of the facts based on lay internet perception.
It seems like there are too many thoughts going on in this statement. While I believe that you should not take anything as fact or truth from an online medium, I cannot help but think that it can be the grounds for inspiration or new ideas. If this 'scenario' you have drawn up started with a half-thought hypothesis (legal theroies and factual scenarios) and reaches a 1+1=3 conclusion (altered rendition of facts) then that would hopefully be brought up as a point of debate on the topic. We are not building a better mouse trap or an artificial heart, we are merely thinking out-loud regarding an industry in which we all have great interest.

People who claim grievous injuries get on the net and talk about partying, wakeboarding, surfing, fighting, and other modes of conduct inconsistent with their injuries.
That sounds more of an issue of an amoral individudal trying to buck the system.

People also have a tendency to divulge facts that either the opposing side may not previously consider or that may be otherwise inadmissible. Don't lie or alter your story and things would be fine.
So what you are saying is that this makes the lawyers job harder because the Internet it holding people accountable to a higher standard of honesty? If we could be so lucky.

This brings up something off topic that I need clarification on: Is satire possible on the internet? Meaning, in a court of law would someone be able to say that what they wrote was intended to be of a satirical nature and not as fact?

A company can subject itself to a litany of problems by availing itself to this relatively inexpensive medium of advertisement. One example is notice of a dangerous or defective condition if they are on a forum fielding complaints and defending a product yet they do nothing to remedy the problem.
I see what you are saying here but how could someone prove that they are not attempting to remedy the problem? Would timestamps of postings versus when emails are sent to staff informing of need for correction? This creates another issue with forums.

Forums are 24/7 whereas most businesses are 9 to 5. Customer service and, when necessary, damage control should always be a priority for companies. It is in their best interest to address their customers and defend their product line for the sake of their brand. I would think that an announcement of a dangerous/defective condition would come first, then damage control as they work to design a remedy or solution to a problem.

Would you, as a consumer, rather they kept everything in house as long as it took them (1 week, 4 months,) to come up with a fix without notifying the consumers?

If you are implying rather that a company is denying a potential dangerous or defective condition and not looking any further into the matter then yes, I would see that as a problem. That problem however would not be a problem inherently caused by social networking or forums.

Product liability claims are inherently expensive to pursue and companies rarely settle these without a huge fight regardless as to the merit. Accordingly, plaintiff's lawyers are exceedingly reluctant to file even meritorious cases due to expense and most valid claims never get pursued because the damages may not be sufficiently large to warrant the expense of pursuing. You have been listening to too many politicians with hidden agendas and individuals who are actually ignorant about the process. Something like 90 percent of valid medical malpractice claims are never pursued due to expense and other factors I rather not discuss. Nevertheless, you hear people claim there is a problem with frivolous medical malpractice litigation. The truth is people making such statements are either intellectually dishonest or just unaware of reality. Again, I represent the doctors and hospitals and I can say this without hesitation.
I will yield that point, I was merely frustrated and soap-boxing. The members of the company in question here were a very knowledgeable group and I feel that this community has lost some genuine thinkers because of this situation.

---

I can understand how the use of social media websites can make it much more difficult for lawyers and their clients to build a solid case/defense/whatever the situation may be. My main point of concern or at least my question is whether or not brainstorming/thinking out-loud/debating with regards to supplements and this online medium could be grounds for legal action if someone took what was said as fact rather than a group of like minded individuals sharing potential ideas or brainstorming.

Also, regarding the use of satire. Could a post meant to be satirical in form be treated as being used as truth/fact in a court of law?

Sorry for the long post ladies and gents. I do this because I love you guys and I do not want us to lose more of our resident 'think tanks.'

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Super-Slin powder coming soon!

Maybe I twist Jacob's arm for that government ending PM powder, that bastard.