questions on ephedra and how to use it without burning muscle mass

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
A friend at the gym says he's got some extra ephedra and knows where to get more. Seing as how I am on recomp I've been considering however maintaing and gaining muscle are way more important to me than looking shredded. Any tips on how I should take it and what I can do to prevent any and all muscle loss? My goal is mainly just to get my sixpack back (I know how vague it sounds)

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Well, your friend may be trying to rip you off. I have some extra ephedra and I do know where to get more as well, CVS or Riteaid...

Being sold under Bronkaid. And if your state has banished it from being sold on the drugstores you may still purchase it online from states that still sell it. Just a thought there on the sourcing of ephedra.

The muscle loss is going to happen regardless, how big of a muscle loss is going to be dependent on your nutrition. Have a lot of protein first of all. 1.5g per lb is a good way to think. Eat often. Don't go in too big of a deficit for calories. Focus on your nutrition and just use the ephedra as a support method.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
First, EC is terrific for a recomp. It is actually muscle-sparing due to its MOA, so if anything, you will have to worry LESS about muscle loss. Just make sure this is ephedrine and not ephedra. Also, as said above, you can just buy bronkaid for dirt cheap.

I disagree with the above poster. If you're eating at maintenance for your recomp, muscle loss is not really going to happen, ESPECIALLY when using ephedrine. No need to up the protein to 1.5g/lb...that's more for a 500+ caloric deficit.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I was eating 5k cals during bulk and put on a lot of fat. I drop to around 3k but I stil eat 1.5 g per lb regardless. And was planning on keeping my diet this way without any deficit. Also my friend says he is selling me ECA stack already put together into capsules at 50$ a bottle for 30 caps. And I'm planning on doing for a short period of time. Also I'm taking neovar recomped creatine, tonalin cla, and rpn eviscerate. Are those ok to continue taking? Also would the brokaid be more effective than the eca stack or should I still combine it with caffeine and aspirin?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Also should I continue doing my hiit two days a week or should I cut it down?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also should I continue doing my hiit two days a week or should I cut it down?
Depends on your goals and how your body is responding. Like was said, ephedrine will actually help prevent muscle loss

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At my store Bronkaid is 15 bucks for 60 tabs, and after prolonged use i drop to 2 doses per day to keep up the thermogenic effects. You can buy a bottle of SNS caffeine pills dirt cheap, like 5 bucks. The caffeine pills you buy at CVS or Wal Mart are horribly over priced. I don't typically include aspirin in my EC stack, but for some it can be beneficial. So to conclude: your buddy is most likely ripping you off.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Is bronkaid exactly like ephedrine? And does it sell in cvs in Florida?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Is bronkaid exactly like ephedrine? And does it sell in cvs in Florida?
It is ephedrine sulfate with a low dose expectorant. So low that at 3 doses a day for months, it shouldnt cause any issues. I guess CVS sells it in FL.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Also I've heard of something called primatene is that as effectie as bronkaid?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Also I've heard of something called primatene is that as effectie as bronkaid?
Same deal. Just go with whats cheaper. Ephedrine HCl = Ephedrine Sulfate for our purposes (though not mg for mg so dont get this misconstrued).

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
The primatene and brokaid you can get at CVS or Wal-Greens in FL they just keep it behind the pharmacy counter and you have to swipe your ID card when you buy it

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Can ephedrine be taken alongside what I am currently using? The neovar creatine and tonalin and eviscerate?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm gonna go get the primatene since walgreens is in front of my house. I'm gonna go ahead and buy some caffeine pills from my vitamin shoppe and then I just take them at the same time right?

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
You can get the bronkaid from wal-greens as well, take 1 tab of the ephedrine alongside 1 tab of the caffeine which you should be able to purchase at wal-greens as well, so dosing should be 25mg/200mg, do not go over that amount and you can do it up to 3 times daily. I would recommend you assess your tolerance before trying to do it 3 times a day.

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
You don't need to, you can run your stack w/o it completely or maybe take an aspirin here and there. Up to you.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Will it be less effective without aspirin? And also how long should I stack?

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
No it wil not be any less effective w/o the aspirin and i wouldnt run it longer than 4-6 weeks, i ran it for 5 weeks with a week break in the middle to clean out the system about a month ago and I added EGCG and had some good results from it.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Oh! I was only gonna do it for 2 weeks. But ill do it for 4 if that's better. And I was planning on just doing it as a one time thing to shred down and then maintaining that on my own

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Also is ephedrine hcl more effective then ephedrine sulfate?

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
Oh! I was only gonna do it for 2 weeks. But ill do it for 4 if that's better. And I was planning on just doing it as a one time thing to shred down and then maintaining that on my own
I would do 2 weeks on, take a week off and 2 weeks on again, the difference between the two is extremely small, like mr cooper said pick 1 of them and go with it, i choose the brokaid because 1 tab has 25 mg so its easier to take.

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
Also make sure that your get your meal plan in, this stack cut my appetite down quite a bit so sometimes i had to force myself to eat.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
maintaing and gaining muscle are way more important to me than looking shredded...... My goal is mainly just to get my sixpack back
I'm not sure how gaining and maintaining muscle is more important than looking shredded but getting your sixpack back is your goal. That is looking shredded.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I would do 2 weeks on, take a week off and 2 weeks on again, the difference between the two is extremely small, like mr cooper said pick 1 of them and go with it, i choose the brokaid because 1 tab has 25 mg so its easier to take.
Ideally you want chronic stimulation, so 2 on 2 off isnt a good idea. Try 4-8 weeks on, 2 off.

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
Ideally you want chronic stimulation, so 2 on 2 off isnt a good idea. Try 4-8 weeks on, 2 off.
Yea i went off some research i did which indicated that the ephedrine hits the beta-2's the same way clen does so that led me to dose it like that, i got some nice results from it, next time i might give the 4 weeks on straight a shot to see how it differs.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Check out Ephedrine's actions on the theorized beta-3 receptors ;).

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Ok so bronkaid it is. And 2 weeks on 1 week off or 4 weeks continuous?

Baraketh

Baraketh

Awards
You ever read 'Fat Management: The Thermogenic Factor' ? Good read...very PRO ephedrine...
No i haven't but i will check this out also, always willing to learn more, thanks for the info.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
I bought the bronkaid at 25mg and caffeine tabs at 200mg. How many times a day should I dose this in order to cut fat while still making gains in the gym? And ill be using a 4 week cycle and then if I've made enough progress I plan to not use it again

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I bought the bronkaid at 25mg and caffeine tabs at 200mg. How many times a day should I dose this in order to cut fat while still making gains in the gym? And ill be using a 4 week cycle and then if I've made enough progress I plan to not use it again
As little as 12.5/100mg twice a day.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Crap... I bought the 25mg one on purpose because I thought it was 25/200

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Crap... I bought the 25mg one on purpose because I thought it was 25/200
Thats fine, thats the common protocol. You can run that 2 to 3 times a day. You can start lower doses to asses tolerance.

The low dose protocol works, and you come across with less sides. Typical cycle can be 3 months or more. Stim effect not needed to exibit lypolisis.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Also I read that ephedrine constricts the blood vessels in the body wouldn't that be harmful towards pumps in the gym?

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also I read that ephedrine constricts the blood vessels in the body wouldn't that be harmful towards pumps in the gym?
Never noticed that. Its probably negligible when actually training.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I'm in for an elaboration on this. I had never heard that before.
Caffeine is really both a vasoconstrictor and a vasodilator. Which one dominates where depends upon a number of things including the dose, local sympathetic and humoral conditions and the various receptor densities (eg. alpha & beta adrenergic and adenosine) in the blood vessels in question. For example, it generally produces cerebral vasoconstriction because of adenosine receptor density. Alpha-1 ARs (mediate vasoconstriction) predominate in most smooth muscle arterioles. However, in skeletal muscle muscle beta-2 ARs (mediate vasodilation) predominate. During exercise, there are a number of things that produce vasodilation in the active muscle vascular beds, one of them being epinephine mediated beta-agonism (leading to among other things an increase in cAMP). Since caffeine and theophylline can act as physiological PDEis (there is some conflicting information out there regarding whether or not the concentration necessary to produce these effects can be achieved normally though), the cAMP signaling that produces vasodilation would be preserved, prolonged and/or amplified. Since caffeine does increase sympathetic outflow, beds where alpha-1 ARs predominate vasoconstriction would be more likely. High enough doses would also increase epinephrine and vasodilation in beta-2 AR beds.

More: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...4/?tool=pubmed

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine is really both a vasoconstrictor and a vasodilator. Which one dominates where depends upon a number of things including the dose, local sympathetic and humoral conditions and the various receptor densities (eg. alpha & beta adrenergic and adenosine) in the blood vessels in question. For example, it generally produces cerebral vasoconstriction because of adenosine receptor density. Alpha-1 ARs (mediate vasoconstriction) predominate in most smooth muscle arterioles. However, in skeletal muscle muscle beta-2 ARs (mediate vasodilation) predominate. During exercise, there are a number of things that produce vasodilation in the active muscle vascular beds, one of them being epinephine mediated beta-agonism (leading to among other things an increase in cAMP). Since caffeine and theophylline can act as physiological PDEis (there is some conflicting information out there regarding whether or not the concentration necessary to produce these effects can be achieved normally though), the cAMP signaling that produces vasodilation would be preserved, prolonged and/or amplified. Since caffeine does increase sympathetic outflow, beds where alpha-1 ARs predominate vasoconstriction would be more likely. High enough doses would also increase epinephrine and vasodilation in beta-2 AR beds.

More: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti...4/?tool=pubmed
So for someone who isn't a chemist or biologist it means more vascularity? Could this be where the aspirin takes part in the stack?

abowlofjello

Awards
has anyone else noticed that it's INCREDIBLY hard to urinate when on the bronkaid/caffeine ec routine? your bladder feels ridiculously full like you have to piss incredibly badly, but when you get to the urinal, barely a trickle comes out. anyone else experience this? i've heard it's from the guaifenesin in the broknaid, but i am not sure.

bla55

bla55

Awards
  • Established
Yes, always hppens to me, it's an extreme diuretic too so not surprised by that.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
has anyone else noticed that it's INCREDIBLY hard to urinate when on the bronkaid/caffeine ec routine? your bladder feels ridiculously full like you have to piss incredibly badly, but when you get to the urinal, barely a trickle comes out. anyone else experience this? i've heard it's from the guaifenesin in the broknaid, but i am not sure.
Haha I get this too. Its not for the guani LOL. It's due to the alpha agonist nature of ephedrine affecting your prostate.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
what effects would adding in yohimbine to EC have on preserving muscle mass while on a 4-6 week cut with EC?

I have ran EC twice in the past and have wanted to try using either A or Y with it, combined with alpha t2 and a cortisol product.