supplement/vitamin suggestions - AnabolicMinds.com

supplement/vitamin suggestions

Stats
    5'11"  174 lbs.

supplement/vitamin suggestions

as of right now I am 5'11 at 185lbs, 22 year old. I workout 5 days a week and my body fat is at around 12%. I wanna try to get my bf percent to under 10% and I know that diet is incredibly important to reach that goal.

As of right now I try to eat as healthy as I can and watch my carbs, supplement wise all I'm taking are why protein shakes, daily centrum multi-vitamin, and Jack3d for my pre-workout supplement. Is there any advice or things that I should add to my diet/supplements input? Like certain types of vitamins...

Stats
    5'1"  123 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by viking805fan View Post
    as of right now I am 5'11 at 185lbs, 22 year old. I workout 5 days a week and my body fat is at around 12%. I wanna try to get my bf percent to under 10% and I know that diet is incredibly important to reach that goal.

As of right now I try to eat as healthy as I can and watch my carbs, supplement wise all I'm taking are why protein shakes, daily centrum multi-vitamin, and Jack3d for my pre-workout supplement. Is there any advice or things that I should add to my diet/supplements input? Like certain types of vitamins...
    You're fine with the multivitamin you are using. You don't need any other supplements for fat loss either. Just make sure that you're getting enough good fats in - you should easily be able to get these from your food.

Just be aware that you don't have to eliminate to restrict your carbohydrates to lose bodyfat effectively and successfully, and you should easily be able to get under 10% bodyfat in the next month if your nutrition and training are appropriate for fat loss for YOU.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    You're fine with the multivitamin you are using.
    You should upgrade your multi. You have one of the worst bioavailable ones on the market. If you dont plan to step up i probably wouldnt even spend the money on the centrum and just save yourself some cash. You might as well since you arent going to be absorbing much from the centrum.

You should look into getting a high dha epa fishoil. Should be a staple in everyones stack. Arguably the #1 most important supplement unless you are having multiple large fish meals a day. It just has too many overall health benefits not to add in for how cheap they are.

Since you seem to be just starting out. Consider adding in a creatine monohydrate. You can get a tub in bulk that can last almost an entire year. It will help during both bulking and cutting.

As always, diet and training are number 1.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    FREE Samples: www.controlledlabs.com/freesamplerpack2.php
    •   

Stats
    5'11"  174 lbs.

Thanks for the responses.

I was thinking about starting to take some fish oil gel capsules, any recommended brands?? Also one of the brands I saw had written that I was suppose to take 3 gel capsules through out the day, do I really have to take that many??
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

I was thinking about starting to take some fish oil gel capsules, any recommended brands?? Also one of the brands I saw had written that I was suppose to take 3 gel capsules through out the day, do I really have to take that many??

Welcome to bodybuilding....3 caps a day is nothing

You want to hit ~2g of EPA + DHA daily. Make sure to take note of what EPA + DHA content is in a serving of fishoil you are interested in as many brands try to get by with low dosing these so they can make more profit on a product. Third party purity testing is also a big plus (in house testing not as worthwhile). This helps assure that there are no harmful PCBs.

The two kinds I like are Oximega Fishoils and Nordic Naturals. Both are very high quality and high in EPA/DHA

If you have a large fish meal at one point of the day, you can half the dose you were supposed to take that day and dose the fishoil pills opposite time of that day.

Do not worry about Omega 6, 9 as you acquire these very easily in your diet
    Controlled Labs Warder

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Check out Nutraplanet fishoil. Its a great price and a good brand.

Another option is Oximega fish oil by controlled labs. Its flavored so you dont get a fishy-aftertaste some people complain about. Its also indepedantly tested for purity.

3 a day is a good recommendation. Someone not lifting weights like us can benefit from only 1 per day, but athletes should take at least 3g a day. Theres alot of different recommendations when it comes to fish oil. Youll benefit from any amount though.

Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

casein protein before bed.
    fish oil
    opti-men multi vitamin
    glutamine
    creatine
    bcaa
    not to put jack3d on the spot light or anything but i perfer super max cause it contains protein and extra leucine.

those are on my top favorite supplements to lean down while preserving as much muscle as possible.
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by dannyn2007 View Post
    fish oil
    opti-men multi vitamin
    glutamine
    creatine
    bcaa
    not to put jack3d on the spot light or anything but i perfer super max cause it contains protein and extra leucine.

those are on my top favorite supplements to lean down while preserving as much muscle as possible.
    I wouldnt follow these recommendations entirely

Optimen is low bioavailability, grab something better

You get enough glutamine in your diet from foods, supplementing is of no benefit unless you are a major endurance athlete, have a poor immune system or are a burn victim. Dont bother supplementing with glutamine

Extra leucine is not a great idea on a cut, especially preworkout
    Controlled Labs Warder

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

fish oil
    opti-men multi vitamin
    glutamine
    creatine
    bcaa

fish oil
    opti-men multi vitamin --> NOOOOOOO
    glutamine ---> NOOOOOOOO
    creatine
    bcaa

And taking a preworkout because it has protein and leucine is not very smart.
    I suggest you look into Ultima, Forskolin, and Reduce XT for cutting down whilst sparing muscle. And of course EC stack.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    You should look to upgrade your multi. You have one of the worst bioavailable ones on the market. If you dont plan to step up i probably wouldnt even spend the money on the centrum and just save yourself some cash. You might as well since you arent going to be absorbing much from the centrum.

You should look into getting a high dha epa fishoil. Should be a staple in everyones stack. Arguably the #1 most important supplement unless you are having multiple large fish meals a day. It just has too many overall health benefits not to add in for how cheap they are.

Since you seem to be just starting out. Consider adding in a creatine monohydrate. You can get a tub in bulk that can last almost an entire year. It will help during both bulking and cutting.

As always, diet and training are number 1.
    Definalty add some fish oil n get a better multi
    Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

I wouldnt follow these recommendations entirely

Optimen is low bioavailability, grab something better

You get enough glutamine in your diet from foods, supplementing is of no benefit unless you are a major endurance athlete, have a poor immune system or are a burn victim. Dont bother supplementing with glutamine

Extra leucine is not a great idea on a cut
    not causing drama, just wondering why leucine would not be idea for a cut?
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

not causing drama, just wondering why leucine would not be idea for a cut?
    Because you are already low on your BCAA intake on a cut. Leucine requires isoleucine and valine to be metabolized. Supplementing with straight leucine could deplete your isoleucine and valine reserves

Im a fan of straight leucine dosing, but I would only do it on a bulk when you have enough circulating isoleucine and valine from your diet
    Controlled Labs Warder

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Because you are already low on your BCAA intake on a cut. Leucine requires isoleucine and valine to be metabolized. Supplementing with straight leucine would deplete your isoleucine and valine reserves

Im a fan of straight leucine dosing, but I would only do it on a bulk when you have enough circulating isoleucine and valine from your diet
    This. I actually only use Leucine on a cut myself, but I'm sure to use it 2 hours after a large meal so I have the knowledge that the other BCAAs are circulating.
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

Because you are already low on your BCAA intake on a cut. Leucine requires isoleucine and valine to be metabolized. Supplementing with straight leucine would deplete your isoleucine and valine reserves

so thats where bcaa comes to play right? it contains isoleucine, valine, and leucine.
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

so thats where bcaa comes to play right? it contains isoleucine, valine, and leucine.
    Yes. The ratio becomes more important when you are on a cut if you are taking them free form away from large meals (such as intra workout). Its one of the reasons most companies make them close to the 2:1:1 ratio.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

man i learn something new everyday...didnt know that leucine requires isoleucine and valine.
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    This. I actually only use Leucine on a cut myself, but I'm sure to use it 2 hours after a large meal so I have the knowledge that the other BCAAs are circulating.
    You hitting up the 3g two hours post meal?
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    ive never used leucine on a cut by itself but i notice i preserve more muscle while using bcaa.
    Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

facepalm to me lol....i got mixed up with superpump max and size on precontest....my fault. size on is the one with protein and bcaa's while superpump just have bcaa's. my fault
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

ive never used leucine on a cut by itself but i notice i preserve more muscle while using bcaa.
    Ya, high leucine dosing is tricky on a cut. If used after a large meal, as cooper does, it can be beneficial to prevent a refractory response

Using it other times could be detrimental
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Ive heard they are still planning on discontinuing SizeOn PC, but not sure how accurate that is
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Stats
    6'5"  191 lbs.

Ive heard they are still planning on discontinuing SizeOn PC, but not sure how accurate that is
    i think you are right, i was talking to a friend that works at gnc and they had size on pc for like $28. i ask him why it was so cheap since its usually like $40-50 and he said gaspari decided to discontinued it cause it wasnt selling. dont know if it was true but i walked into vitamin shoppe and it was like $45 lol
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

i think you are right, i was talking to a friend that works at gnc and they had size on pc for like $28. i ask him why it was so cheap since its usually like $40-50 and he said gaspari decided to discontinued it cause it wasnt selling. dont know if it was true but i walked into vitamin shoppe and it was like $45 lol
    Im surprised it doesnt sell to be honest. Its not a bad product
    Controlled Labs Warder

Similar Forum Threads

1. Which Vitamin Supplement is Best for You
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 02:01 AM
  2. What Is Actually Organic Whole Food Vitamin Supplement
    By David Dunn in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3