Alive vitamins making me feel like crap and noticed 50 mg of B6

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was reading something by the guy from AN on Drive and etc talking about not exceeding 10 mg of B6 in a day. A while back, I noticed I felt depressed and crappy for three weeks taking Alive vitamins. I had taken them off and on for years and they changed it to one a day instead of three and I was still taking three a day so I was kind of ODing them and I instantly felt better when I realized the dose had changed and stopped them. I then changed to vitamin code and felt great while on these.

Two days ago I changed back to Alive just to mix it up and I got the older version where you take three a day and since taking them I started feeling crappy, sore and no energy. Very pronounced almost sick feeling. I looked on label and it says daily dose is 50 mg of B6? Vitamin code has only 4 mg of B6.

Is it true that in excess of 10 mg can suppress testosterone or cause negative effects? I just feel like crap when taking these now and instantly feel better when stopping and I was wondering if it could be the B6.

onlyone

Awards
I don't feel good on Alive either for some reson..? I take 400-600mg of B6 a day so I pretty sure it's not that...

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
"Large doses of vitamin B6 (over 250mg/day) can cause nerve damage and numbness. "

Vitamin B6 requirements and recommendations.
Bender DA.
Source
Department of Biochemistry, University College, London, UK.
Abstract
The principal metabolic function of vitamin B6 is in amino acid metabolism, although the greater part of the body's vitamin B6 is in muscle, associated with glycogen phosphorylase, and the vitamin also has an important role in the actions of steroid hormones. It is usual to calculate vitamin B6 requirements relative to protein intake. An adequate intake to meet the requirements of virtually the whole population is generally considered to be 15 micrograms/g dietary protein. This is the basis of RDAs in most countries, although differences of interpretation and application of the experimental data result in widely differing recommendations from different authorities. Current RDAs range between 1.5 and 2.2 mg/d. A minimum safe intake, below which an individual would have a high probability of deficiency, is 11 micrograms/g dietary protein. Higher intakes are required in pregnancy and lactation (although there are problems in determining the requirement of the infant), and possibly also in the elderly. Average intakes of vitamin B6 in developed countries meet the target of 15 micrograms/g dietary protein, although there is biochemical evidence of inadequate vitamin B6 nutritional status in 10-25 per cent of the population. It is not know whether this has any clinical significance; it is unlikely that normal patterns of food intake would permit a significantly greater average intake of the vitamins without fortification or the use of supplements. There is little evidence that pharmacological doses of vitamin B6 have any beneficial effect. Neurological damage has been reported at extremely high intakes (in excess of 500 mg/d), and even more modest doses (50-100 mg/d) cannot be regarded as being without hazard.

I don't mess with high doses of b6 personally. 50mg of P5P is usually my max.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I was reading something by the guy from AN on Drive and etc talking about not exceeding 10 mg of B6 in a day.

Is it true that in excess of 10 mg can suppress testosterone or cause negative effects? I just feel like crap when taking these now and instantly feel better when stopping and I was wondering if it could be the B6.
Never found anything on it suppressing testosterone though... maybe you can ask the guy you heard that from for a reference? Otherwise, I can't see where he would come up with that.

Might be something else in those vitamins or you just might be sensitive to B6 supplements.

996ttelise

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I went back and read what they said and they were saying in excess of 10mg of B6 can have a detrimental effect on a supp that I believe boost test so many I extrapolated wrong conclusion. I notice that super pump 250 has 25 mg of B6 and I feel fine after taking that. There is something in those vitamins that messes with me. Maybe not B6. Easy fix though.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
I went back and read what they said and they were saying in excess of 10mg of B6 can have a detrimental effect on a supp that I believe boost test so many I extrapolated wrong conclusion. I notice that super pump 250 has 25 mg of B6 and I feel fine after taking that. There is something in those vitamins that messes with me. Maybe not B6. Easy fix though.
yeah, sounds shady. Definitely dump that supp in the trash.