Interesting Creatine study

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
How about stability in water? I remember reading how long it is stable but dont remember what it was or where I saw it.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good post. yeah, your body HATES creatinine. when i took A&P as a pre req for nursing, the book stated your body considers it a waste product.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I remember when CEE was the craze and then there was a study released showing it was less effective than CM. A lot of people were mad that day

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well, i agree that CM is most proven....but what if your a non responder? then the other forms would be better for YOU

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Thats what I thought. I mix about 5g CM with protein shake and sip through the day. Works better for me than entire 5g pre or post workout.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thats what I thought. I mix about 5g CM with protein shake and sip through the day. Works better for me than entire 5g pre or post workout.
Timing of creatine is irrelevant as long as you are kept at saturation

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
How much can the body absorb at one sitting if levels depleted?
You shouldnt really be going over 5g anyway.

2.5-5g when at saturation to keep saturation. During the first month I would just hit 5g daily when possible

Going over 5g increases chance of side effects

DeppJarrod

DeppJarrod

Awards
Going over 5g increases chance of side effects
Yea anything over 4g for me and I feel nasty. Citrulline Malate on the other hand I feel as if I could take as much as I could afford without nasty sides.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
Meh. Most people don't even know the mechanisms involved in creatine supplementation. Creatine supplements are the PRODUCTS of the following reaction: ADP + PCr <--> ATP + Creatine, modulated via creatine kinase. A near equilibrium equation with an increase in products (Creatine) will shift the reaction to the left (Phosphocreatine) to balance the equation. Therefore, increasing phosphocreatine stores. And, in general, only trained muscle fibers benefit from supplementation.

Simplest explaination.

SpargelJanusz

SpargelJanusz

Awards
  • Established
Krea Alkalyn is "the ****" for me - no sides, no watered-up triple chin (yet, lol), but all the benefits that Creatine has.

It's damn expensive though, basically I pay three times as much as for regular creapure.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It is stable in liquid for longer than most people thought.
how long....
Evaluation of the Stability of Creatine in Solution Prepared From Effervescent Creatine Formulations
Sudipta Ganguly,1 Sheela Jayappa,1 and Alekha K. Dash1

Department of Pharmacy Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Health Professions, Creighton University, Omaha, NE 68178
Submitted: March 7, 2003; Accepted: May 12, 2003; Published: June 19, 2003

Abstract

The objectives of this study were to determine the cause of the crystallization in a large volume creatine supplement solution made from effervescent powders containing di-creatine citrate, and to characterize these crystals using thermal analyses and x-ray diffractometry. Creatine effervescent powders were dissolved in deionized water (pH 6.2) and stored both at room temperature (RT) (25°C) and refrigerated condition (4°C) over a period of 45 days. Creatine concentration was determined using high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Intrinsic dissolution and saturated solubility of creatine, creatine monohydrate, and di-creatine citrate in water were determined and compared. Crystal growth was detected only in the refrigerated samples on the seventh day of storage. Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) and x-ray diffraction (XRD) studies revealed that the crystals formed were of creatine monohydrate. Ninety percent creatine degradation was observed within 45 days for RT samples. However, at refrigerated condition this degradation was 80% within the same time period. The pH of the RT samples also increased from 3.6 to 4.5 during storage. No such increase was observed in the case of refrigerated samples. The intrinsic dissolution rate constants of the compounds decreased in the following order: di-creatine citrate > creatine > creatine monohydrate. In conclusion, di-creatine citrate used in effervescent formulation dissociates to creatine in aqueous solution and eventually crystallizes out as creatine monohydrate. Significant decrease in solubility and effect of pH contribute to this crystallization process.

---

J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2002 Jul 31;29(5):939-45.
A simple LC method with UV detection for the analysis of creatine and creatinine and its application to several creatine formulations.
Dash AK, Sawhney A.

Department of Pharmacy Sciences, School of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, Creighton University, 2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68178, USA.

Abstract

The objective of this study was to develop a simple and sensitive LC method for the determination of creatine and creatinine in various creatine supplement formulations. The chromatographic system comprised of a LC-600 pump, SCL-6B system controller, and SPD-6AV detector (Shimadzu, Japan). The mobile phase consisted of 0.045 M ammonium sulfate in water. The chromatographic separation was achieved at ambient temperature on a Betabasic C-18 column (250 x 4.6 mm, Keystone Sci.). The flow rate was maintained at 0.75 ml/min and effluents are monitored at 205 nm. 4-(2-Aminoethyl)benzene sulfonamide was used as an internal standard (IS). This method required less than 7 min of chromatographic time. The standard curves were linear over the concentration range of 1-100 microg/ml for creatine and 2-100 microg/ml for creatinine, respectively. The relative standard deviations (RSD) for the within-day and day-to-day precision for creatine were within 1.0-4.6 and 2.2-4.7%, respectively. The RSD for the accuracy of creatine assay was in the range of 2.4-4.7%. The RSD values for the within-day precision, day-to-day precision and accuracy for creatinine validation were 1.7-4.4, 2.3-5.4 and 2.4-4.8%, respectively. This method was used to determine: (i) the creatine concentration in various marketed products; (ii) saturated solubility of various creatine salts; and (iii) stability of creatine in aqueous solution. In conclusion, a simple and sensitive LC method with UV detection was developed for the simultaneous determination of creatine and creatinine in formulations. Di-creatine citrate salt showed a higher aqueous solubility (at 25 degrees C) as compared to creatine and creatine monohydrate. Some of the over-the-counter (OTC) products tested contained a very low level of creatine in contrast to their label claim. Substantial conversion of creatine into creatinine was noticed in liquid formulation.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
very good infos in here. I noticed a lot better results when i stacked creatine with an insluin mimicker.

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Whats your transport of choice Colbert?
I was using Recompadrol and slin-sane during my bulking and it was my first time taking insulin mimickers. I felt that Recompadrol kicked my creatine to the net step. But now I'm going to start using Humulin R so lets see if that's going to take my creatine mono to the next step. I am going to start using creapure actually.

P.S. CL makes one the greatest tasting creatine products EVER! If they were cheaper I would run them 365 but thanks to college I can't :/

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
**** study is ****. Read the full text. They compare some of the worst forms of creatine to ever hit the market. Most of which haven't been sold for years.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
P.S. CL makes one the greatest tasting creatine products EVER! If they were cheaper I would run them 365 but thanks to college I can't :/
Thanks man :) If anyone else wants to try Green Mag you can grab some free from my sig.

One tub of Green Mag does last 3 months tho :D

One of the most cost efficient designer creatines on the market

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
Thanks man :) If anyone else wants to try Green Mag you can grab some free from my sig.

I like you much better on AM than on BB.com. But that could be because I within 10 minutes of being on BB.com I get super pissed because of all the trolls :lol:

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like you much better on AM than on BB.com. But that could be because I within 10 minutes of being on BB.com I get super pissed because of all the trolls :lol:

lol yep. There are quite a bit of trolls

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

3 months???? Nice! Thats nuts

If you ask for 4 bottles for Christmas every year you are set

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
3 months???? Nice! Thats nuts

If you ask for 4 bottles for Christmas every year you are set
Yea, not a bad deal for a designer. Plus if you've had the Green Apple, it's addicting.

You can make popsicles or sorbet on off days with it :)

Colbert

Colbert

Awards
I had only the 80 serving one and I've truly missed it. But right now I'm taking anabolic ignite pre-workout supplement and it has a good dose of creatine nitrate in it. So I'm thinking of taking just normal creatine during non-workout days and take ignite during my workout days.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had only the 80 serving one and I've truly missed it. But right now I'm taking anabolic ignite pre-workout supplement and it has a good dose of creatine nitrate in it. So I'm thinking of taking just normal creatine during non-workout days and take ignite during my workout days.
The 80 serving Green Mag will last over 3 months. Once at saturation you only need to take the 5g dose ~4-5 times per week to maintain saturation. So take it workout days and you easily will go over 3 months of usage from one tub.

You even have quite a few servings you can take on off days just for the taste and you'll still have over 3 months worth :)