Hard time choosing a new pre-workout supplement.

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

Hard time choosing a new pre-workout supplement.

Gentlemen,

In my pursuit for a new pre-workout supplement I've been researching most of the ones available to me. I’m from the United Kingdom so I’m not as fortunate to have everything available to me that most of you guys do, but I do have quite a good selection. Most of the supplements worth taking are available here. Here are the ones that have caught my eye due to what I have read online.

APS Mesomorph (heard great things, also heard it contains ungodly amounts of caffeine.)
    Superpump Max
    Xtreme Formulations Vendetta
    BPI Sports 1MR
    Iforce Nutrition Maximize V2
    Scivation Novem
    Ultralife Xtreme NOX Pump
    Dymatize Xpand Xtreme
    MRI Performance Black Powder
    Musclepharm Assault
    Controlled Labs White Flood
    NO Xplode NT

My preference is that the supplement doesn’t have ridiculously high amounts of caffeine (not necessarily no caffeine though). The reason being that I would like to use it every training session without feeling like crap on my rest days. Usually if I use pre-workouts (NO Xplode, Noxipro, etc.) I get lethargic and have bad headaches on days when I don’t take them. In my experience, concentrated pre-workouts just tend to cut back on useful ingredients, then water them down with caffeine while giving you a smaller scoop. Companies don’t realise, a lot of people don’t care if they end up with a 30g scoop as long as it’s 30g of good ingredients.

I'm expecting Reps to chime in and tell me how their represented company has the product for me... But I'd prefer non-reps to give me impartial advice.

2. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

Look into the new Watermelon White Flood.

The formula has been upgraded just recently with Nitrates, LCLT, and L-Citrulline.

Massive pumps with clean steady energy and no crash. Also no carbs like some formulas like to use.
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    Look into the new Watermelon White Flood.

The formula has been upgraded just recently with Nitrates, LCLT, and L-Citrulline.

Massive pumps with clean steady energy and no crash.
    Excellent, going to look into it. Thanks a lot man!
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

Quote Originally Posted by EddyRay View Post
    Excellent, going to look into it. Thanks a lot man!
    Should be up for sale in a week or two. Unfortunately you wont find many people that have tried the new version since it was just released, but it is a major upgrade
    Controlled Labs Warder
  5. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.51%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

SNS Focus XT is awesome and very underrated as a preworkout supplement.
    However, It does contain some caffeine.

SNS Focus XT
    It is very cost effective at $26.99 for 30 workouts. It also tastes delicious.

Good luck with your training no matter what product you choose.
    I'm Back...
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    I was going to keep my mouth shut as you said you didn't want company reps to chime in... but since others did and it seems acceptable....

SNS Focus XT is awesome and very underrated as a preworkout supplement.

SNS Focus XT
    It is very cost effective at $26.99 for 30 workouts. It also tastes delicious.

Good luck with your training no matter what product you choose.
    That's a very diplomatic response, so thank you for that. In the past I've had a Rep for Mesomorph's company practically attack me for suggesting MM was just another high caffeine concentrate on another thread. I'm going to look into Focus XT, can you give me some idea as to the caffeine content?
  7. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.51%

That's a very diplomatic response, so thank you for that. In the past I've had a Rep for Mesomorph's company practically attack me for suggesting MM was just another high caffeine concentrate on another thread. I'm going to look into Focus XT, can you give me some idea as to the caffeine content?
    200mg. It is on the label.
    I'm Back...
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

200mg. It is on the label.
    Unfortunately, 200mg is a bit of a high dosage for one scoop in my opinion. Thank you for your contribution, I appreciate it.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    85.51%

Unfortunately, 200mg is a bit of a high dosage for one scoop in my opinion. Thank you for your contribution, I appreciate it.
    No problem.
    As I said earlier, good luck with your training no matter what product you decide to go with.
    I'm Back...
  10. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

No problem.
    As I said earlier, good luck with your training no matter what product you decide to go with.
    Don't worry about it! Thank you for your kind words and for your help.

(Now seems like a weird response after you edited your comment. Haha)
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.55%

M5 by cellucor was nice.. Clean energy but overpriced.. Honestly if I was you i'd grab some creatine mono and beta alanine.. Maybe some agmatine and mix your own..
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.54%
    Achievements Posting Pro

i would say meso, because im on the meso-train right now and loving it....buuuut i think theres a lot of caffiene in there. I dont know that for sure, but im just guessing due to how strong it is.
    -It's not about what you're doing, it's about how you're doing it.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

Quote Originally Posted by jtterrible View Post
    M5 by cellucor was nice.. Clean energy but overpriced.. Honestly if I was you i'd grab some creatine mono and beta alanine.. Maybe some agmatine and mix your own..
    This actually seems like the most sensible option at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 808rebel View Post
    i would say meso, because im on the meso-train right now and loving it....buuuut i think theres a lot of caffiene in there. I dont know that for sure, but im just guessing due to how strong it is.
    Yeah, I read somewhere that it's close to 300mg per scoop. I'd feel amazing until my next rest day. Haha
  14. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Gentlemen,

In my pursuit for a new pre-workout supplement I've been researching most of the ones available to me. Iím from the United Kingdom so Iím not as fortunate to have everything available to me that most of you guys do, but I do have quite a good selection. Most of the supplements worth taking are available here. Here are the ones that have caught my eye due to what I have read online.

APS Mesomorph (heard great things, also heard it contains ungodly amounts of caffeine.)
    Superpump Max
    Xtreme Formulations Vendetta
    BPI Sports 1MR
    Iforce Nutrition Maximize V2
    Scivation Novem
    Ultralife Xtreme NOX Pump
    Dymatize Xpand Xtreme
    MRI Performance Black Powder
    Musclepharm Assault
    Controlled Labs White Flood
    NO Xplode NT

My preference is that the supplement doesnít have ridiculously high amounts of caffeine (not necessarily no caffeine though). The reason being that I would like to use it every training session without feeling like crap on my rest days. Usually if I use pre-workouts (NO Xplode, Noxipro, etc.) I get lethargic and have bad headaches on days when I donít take them. In my experience, concentrated pre-workouts just tend to cut back on useful ingredients, then water them down with caffeine while giving you a smaller scoop. Companies donít realise, a lot of people donít care if they end up with a 30g scoop as long as itís 30g of good ingredients.

I'm expecting Reps to chime in and tell me how their represented company has the product for me... But I'd prefer non-reps to give me impartial advice.
    My recommendation is Assault - there is only 150mg of caffeine per serving, and a stom-free version is coming soon as well if you don't want too much caffeine. I'm just going to let my review of Assault tell you why I recommend it - see Rosie's Review of Assault.

Other preworkout products that I recommend are Anadraulic State GT and RPM - after Assault, there are my top specific preworkout choices.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.49%

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    My recommendation is Assault - there is only 150mg of caffeine per serving, and a stom-free version is coming soon as well if you don't want too much caffeine. I'm just going to let my review of Assault tell you why I recommend it - see Rosie's Review of Assault.

Other preworkout products that I recommend are Anadraulic State GT and RPM - after Assault, there are my top specific preworkout choices.

~Rosie~
    Brilliant. I actually hadn't read too much about Assault beforehand, now I have a good review upon which to base a decision. 150mg is actually a good amount which I doubt would pose any problems.

The irony of this situation is that I started my thread with the word "Gentlemen" and one of the most informative posts was from a lady. My apologies for that, though I'm pretty sure you might be AM's only active female member. Thank you very much.
  16. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Brilliant. I actually hadn't read too much about Assault beforehand, now I have a good review upon which to base a decision. 150mg is actually a good amount which I doubt would pose any problems.

The irony of this situation is that I started my thread with the word "Gentlemen" and one of the most informative posts was from a lady. My apologies for that, though I'm pretty sure you might be AM's only active female member. Thank you very much.
    No worries Assault is a great product for sure. I haven't stopped using it since my first tub (the same goes for most of the MusclePharm products I use)! 150mg is fine; it's enough to wake me up but not give any crash or anything - in saying that, I used to use several grams of caffeine a day, on top of other stimulants, so for only 150mg to have an effect for me is great

Yeah, the females come and go here (a few new ones joined up recently, but stay to one section, or come and ask questions and leave) - Christine used to be very active here, but now I am the only constant. No worries, though, I am and have always been just another one of the guys

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

I think this site has lost most of its core members
    Controlled Labs Warder
  18. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    58.34%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Best preworkout supps to me are in no specific order, ASGT, Assault, Ragnarok caffeine free version.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.78%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    I think this site has lost most of its core members
    cant imagine why.. AM has been the best forum I have found, and yes better than a bb one..

as to the OP's question.

I am a NOExplode fan and have only recently been trying others.

I tried WhiteFlood (old version) and it wasnt stimmy enough for me.. (i like the stims).. but it was very CLEAN and SMOOTH so I definitly could appreciate it. Sounds like it might suit you well.
    Log of EPIC by FRL - http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/202576-should-epic-frl.html
  20. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

Quote Originally Posted by StangBanger View Post
    I tried WhiteFlood (old version) and it wasnt stimmy enough for me.. (i like the stims).. but it was very CLEAN and SMOOTH so I definitly could appreciate it. Sounds like it might suit you well.

Id agree with this. White Flood isnt overly stim'd. If you are looking for a stronger stim product I'd go with something like Presurge Unleashed.

WF is more of good clean focus and energy with no crash. People are reporting that the new version actually gives even more energy even tho we havent upped the stims....possibly due to the nitrates enhancing absorption of other ingredients

After having tried most of the stim'd products on the market, I would only spend my money on Focus XT, Vengeance, PSU or the new White Flood. These are far better than the others out there imo.
    Controlled Labs Warder
  21. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.81%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

pm me for samples of lit up. Meso changed formulas and its decent at best. Other than lit up, assault and launch are my only options I would consider
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

22. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.68%

id highly consider assault, as the formula with suma is still available if you get the raspberry lemonade or blue raz... and we have a new kick ass formula coming out August 1st!!
    New-Man Nutrition Services
    http://www.facebook.com/newmannutrition.newman?ref=ts
    Live Free, Train Hard
  23. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.49%

this version have creatine nitrate? And how much caffeine? I am sensitive to stims somewhat and i dont want a big time stim feeling or something that will cause stomach problems either
  24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.83%

Quote Originally Posted by AndShane View Post
    this version have creatine nitrate? And how much caffeine? I am sensitive to stims somewhat and i dont want a big time stim feeling or something that will cause stomach problems either
    What product are you referring to? Assault has 150mg of caffeine per serving and no creatine nitrate.

~Rosie~

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    64.49%

no, referring to white flood. He said it had nitrates in new formula? interested what it has exactly. Creatine nitrate?
  26. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.37%

Quote Originally Posted by AndShane View Post
    no, referring to white flood. He said it had nitrates in new formula? interested what it has exactly. Creatine nitrate?
    Nope, no creatine in the formula. We kept it creatine free so it is flexible and will allow you to choose your own form of creatine.

Even if you wanted to just go straight mono it is more cost effective since you can get a large amount of mono for very cheap (Allmax lasts you almost an entire year). That way you arent paying more for it in your preworkout

Nitrates are provided in the beet root. This also includes Vitamin C to prevent nitrosamine formation as well Nitrates (such as that found in creatine nitrate) work the same regardless of what they are bound to as long as you have nitrates in the formula.

Caffeine in White Flood is around 1 cup of coffee per scoop. It is not heavily stimm'd. Gives good stead energy and focus (no cracked out feeling)
    Controlled Labs Warder
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.27%

Wyked hands down.... plus right now TN is doing a special buy 2 get 1 free!
  28. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.08%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I like RagNOrok caffeine free version, Blue Raspberry is amazing! (I did not like Crushing Punch though)

You could also do something even more simplistic and then add as much stims as you like to meet your own needs.

For example: Core ABC (Amino acids, Beta-alanine, and Citrulline)
    and then add whatever stims you're comfortable with and for cheap:

Caffeine (can always cut tab for smaller dosage as well)
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-120-tabs.html

DMAA
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/s...-120-caps.html
    Serious Nutrition Solutions rep

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 12:55 PM
  2. Need help choosing a supplement/routine
    By tome1128 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-21-2009, 04:39 PM
  3. Choosing the Best Pre Workout Supp