Hard time choosing a new pre-workout supplement.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Gentlemen,

In my pursuit for a new pre-workout supplement I've been researching most of the ones available to me. I’m from the United Kingdom so I’m not as fortunate to have everything available to me that most of you guys do, but I do have quite a good selection. Most of the supplements worth taking are available here. Here are the ones that have caught my eye due to what I have read online.

APS Mesomorph (heard great things, also heard it contains ungodly amounts of caffeine.)
Superpump Max
Xtreme Formulations Vendetta
BPI Sports 1MR
Iforce Nutrition Maximize V2
Scivation Novem
Ultralife Xtreme NOX Pump
Dymatize Xpand Xtreme
MRI Performance Black Powder
Musclepharm Assault
Controlled Labs White Flood
NO Xplode NT

My preference is that the supplement doesn’t have ridiculously high amounts of caffeine (not necessarily no caffeine though). The reason being that I would like to use it every training session without feeling like crap on my rest days. Usually if I use pre-workouts (NO Xplode, Noxipro, etc.) I get lethargic and have bad headaches on days when I don’t take them. In my experience, concentrated pre-workouts just tend to cut back on useful ingredients, then water them down with caffeine while giving you a smaller scoop. Companies don’t realise, a lot of people don’t care if they end up with a 30g scoop as long as it’s 30g of good ingredients.

I'm expecting Reps to chime in and tell me how their represented company has the product for me... But I'd prefer non-reps to give me impartial advice. :)

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Look into the new Watermelon White Flood.

The formula has been upgraded just recently with Nitrates, LCLT, and L-Citrulline.

Massive pumps with clean steady energy and no crash. Also no carbs like some formulas like to use.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Look into the new Watermelon White Flood.

The formula has been upgraded just recently with Nitrates, LCLT, and L-Citrulline.

Massive pumps with clean steady energy and no crash.
Excellent, going to look into it. Thanks a lot man!

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Excellent, going to look into it. Thanks a lot man!
Should be up for sale in a week or two. Unfortunately you wont find many people that have tried the new version since it was just released, but it is a major upgrade

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
SNS Focus XT is awesome and very underrated as a preworkout supplement.
However, It does contain some caffeine.

SNS Focus XT
It is very cost effective at $26.99 for 30 workouts. It also tastes delicious. :)

Good luck with your training no matter what product you choose.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I was going to keep my mouth shut as you said you didn't want company reps to chime in... but since others did and it seems acceptable....

SNS Focus XT is awesome and very underrated as a preworkout supplement.

SNS Focus XT
It is very cost effective at $26.99 for 30 workouts. It also tastes delicious. :)

Good luck with your training no matter what product you choose.
That's a very diplomatic response, so thank you for that. In the past I've had a Rep for Mesomorph's company practically attack me for suggesting MM was just another high caffeine concentrate on another thread. I'm going to look into Focus XT, can you give me some idea as to the caffeine content?

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
That's a very diplomatic response, so thank you for that. In the past I've had a Rep for Mesomorph's company practically attack me for suggesting MM was just another high caffeine concentrate on another thread. I'm going to look into Focus XT, can you give me some idea as to the caffeine content?
200mg. It is on the label.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, 200mg is a bit of a high dosage for one scoop in my opinion. Thank you for your contribution, I appreciate it.
No problem.
As I said earlier, good luck with your training no matter what product you decide to go with.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
No problem.
As I said earlier, good luck with your training no matter what product you decide to go with.
Don't worry about it! Thank you for your kind words and for your help.

(Now seems like a weird response after you edited your comment. Haha)

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
M5 by cellucor was nice.. Clean energy but overpriced.. Honestly if I was you i'd grab some creatine mono and beta alanine.. Maybe some agmatine and mix your own..

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
i would say meso, because im on the meso-train right now and loving it....buuuut i think theres a lot of caffiene in there. I dont know that for sure, but im just guessing due to how strong it is.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
M5 by cellucor was nice.. Clean energy but overpriced.. Honestly if I was you i'd grab some creatine mono and beta alanine.. Maybe some agmatine and mix your own..
This actually seems like the most sensible option at the moment.

i would say meso, because im on the meso-train right now and loving it....buuuut i think theres a lot of caffiene in there. I dont know that for sure, but im just guessing due to how strong it is.
Yeah, I read somewhere that it's close to 300mg per scoop. I'd feel amazing until my next rest day. Haha

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gentlemen,

In my pursuit for a new pre-workout supplement I've been researching most of the ones available to me. I’m from the United Kingdom so I’m not as fortunate to have everything available to me that most of you guys do, but I do have quite a good selection. Most of the supplements worth taking are available here. Here are the ones that have caught my eye due to what I have read online.

APS Mesomorph (heard great things, also heard it contains ungodly amounts of caffeine.)
Superpump Max
Xtreme Formulations Vendetta
BPI Sports 1MR
Iforce Nutrition Maximize V2
Scivation Novem
Ultralife Xtreme NOX Pump
Dymatize Xpand Xtreme
MRI Performance Black Powder
Musclepharm Assault
Controlled Labs White Flood
NO Xplode NT

My preference is that the supplement doesn’t have ridiculously high amounts of caffeine (not necessarily no caffeine though). The reason being that I would like to use it every training session without feeling like crap on my rest days. Usually if I use pre-workouts (NO Xplode, Noxipro, etc.) I get lethargic and have bad headaches on days when I don’t take them. In my experience, concentrated pre-workouts just tend to cut back on useful ingredients, then water them down with caffeine while giving you a smaller scoop. Companies don’t realise, a lot of people don’t care if they end up with a 30g scoop as long as it’s 30g of good ingredients.

I'm expecting Reps to chime in and tell me how their represented company has the product for me... But I'd prefer non-reps to give me impartial advice. :)
My recommendation is Assault - there is only 150mg of caffeine per serving, and a stom-free version is coming soon as well if you don't want too much caffeine. I'm just going to let my review of Assault tell you why I recommend it - see http://anabolicminds.com/forum/muscle-pharm/167497-rosies-review-assault.html.

Other preworkout products that I recommend are Anadraulic State GT and RPM - after Assault, there are my top specific preworkout choices.

~Rosie~

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
My recommendation is Assault - there is only 150mg of caffeine per serving, and a stom-free version is coming soon as well if you don't want too much caffeine. I'm just going to let my review of Assault tell you why I recommend it - see http://anabolicminds.com/forum/muscle-pharm/167497-rosies-review-assault.html.

Other preworkout products that I recommend are Anadraulic State GT and RPM - after Assault, there are my top specific preworkout choices.

~Rosie~
Brilliant. I actually hadn't read too much about Assault beforehand, now I have a good review upon which to base a decision. 150mg is actually a good amount which I doubt would pose any problems.

The irony of this situation is that I started my thread with the word "Gentlemen" and one of the most informative posts was from a lady. My apologies for that, though I'm pretty sure you might be AM's only active female member. :) Thank you very much.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Brilliant. I actually hadn't read too much about Assault beforehand, now I have a good review upon which to base a decision. 150mg is actually a good amount which I doubt would pose any problems.

The irony of this situation is that I started my thread with the word "Gentlemen" and one of the most informative posts was from a lady. My apologies for that, though I'm pretty sure you might be AM's only active female member. :) Thank you very much.
No worries :) Assault is a great product for sure. I haven't stopped using it since my first tub (the same goes for most of the MusclePharm products I use)! 150mg is fine; it's enough to wake me up but not give any crash or anything - in saying that, I used to use several grams of caffeine a day, on top of other stimulants, so for only 150mg to have an effect for me is great :)

Yeah, the females come and go here (a few new ones joined up recently, but stay to one section, or come and ask questions and leave) - Christine used to be very active here, but now I am the only constant. No worries, though, I am and have always been just another one of the guys :lol:

~Rosie~

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think this site has lost most of its core members

PrepNwa23

PrepNwa23

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Best preworkout supps to me are in no specific order, ASGT, Assault, Ragnarok caffeine free version.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I think this site has lost most of its core members
cant imagine why.. AM has been the best forum I have found, and yes better than a bb one..

as to the OP's question.

I am a NOExplode fan and have only recently been trying others.

I tried WhiteFlood (old version) and it wasnt stimmy enough for me.. (i like the stims).. but it was very CLEAN and SMOOTH so I definitly could appreciate it. Sounds like it might suit you well.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I tried WhiteFlood (old version) and it wasnt stimmy enough for me.. (i like the stims).. but it was very CLEAN and SMOOTH so I definitly could appreciate it. Sounds like it might suit you well.

Id agree with this. White Flood isnt overly stim'd. If you are looking for a stronger stim product I'd go with something like Presurge Unleashed.

WF is more of good clean focus and energy with no crash. People are reporting that the new version actually gives even more energy even tho we havent upped the stims....possibly due to the nitrates enhancing absorption of other ingredients

After having tried most of the stim'd products on the market, I would only spend my money on Focus XT, Vengeance, PSU or the new White Flood. These are far better than the others out there imo.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pm me for samples of lit up. Meso changed formulas and its decent at best. Other than lit up, assault and launch are my only options I would consider

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
id highly consider assault, as the formula with suma is still available if you get the raspberry lemonade or blue raz... and we have a new kick ass formula coming out August 1st!!

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
this version have creatine nitrate? And how much caffeine? I am sensitive to stims somewhat and i dont want a big time stim feeling or something that will cause stomach problems either

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
this version have creatine nitrate? And how much caffeine? I am sensitive to stims somewhat and i dont want a big time stim feeling or something that will cause stomach problems either
What product are you referring to? Assault has 150mg of caffeine per serving and no creatine nitrate.

~Rosie~

AndShane

Awards
  • Established
no, referring to white flood. He said it had nitrates in new formula? interested what it has exactly. Creatine nitrate?

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
no, referring to white flood. He said it had nitrates in new formula? interested what it has exactly. Creatine nitrate?
Nope, no creatine in the formula. We kept it creatine free so it is flexible and will allow you to choose your own form of creatine.

Even if you wanted to just go straight mono it is more cost effective since you can get a large amount of mono for very cheap (Allmax lasts you almost an entire year). That way you arent paying more for it in your preworkout

Nitrates are provided in the beet root. This also includes Vitamin C to prevent nitrosamine formation as well :) Nitrates (such as that found in creatine nitrate) work the same regardless of what they are bound to as long as you have nitrates in the formula.

Caffeine in White Flood is around 1 cup of coffee per scoop. It is not heavily stimm'd. Gives good stead energy and focus (no cracked out feeling)

TN_Travis

Awards
Wyked hands down.... plus right now TN is doing a special buy 2 get 1 free!

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like RagNOrok caffeine free version, Blue Raspberry is amazing! (I did not like Crushing Punch though)

You could also do something even more simplistic and then add as much stims as you like to meet your own needs.

For example: Core ABC (Amino acids, Beta-alanine, and Citrulline)
and then add whatever stims you're comfortable with and for cheap:

Caffeine (can always cut tab for smaller dosage as well)
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/caffeine-120-tabs.html

DMAA
http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/serious-nutrition-solutions/adrena-g-120-caps.html