Non Dairy Protein Powders

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi Guys, I would like to know some subjective opinions on taste of non dairy protein powders.

Although I can consume whey without too much hassle, it bloats me a little bit and I don't like to tolerate any amount of unncecessary GI upset if I can help it so go for non dairy options.

The website I usually buy from has my regular out of stock and I know a lot of them are considered bad tasting, so I would like some opinions on taste please.

My regular is Brown Rice Protein. Quite gritty and didn't taste nice to begin with but I have got used to it and quite enjoy it when I add some plain cocoa and a little bit of rice milk to sweeten it.

Pea Protein, I bought 1kg of and couldn't finish the first shake. I am usually pretty good at tolerating bad tasting drinks but getting through this was not going to happen unless I wanted to see it fairly shortly afterwards.

Opinions on various egg proteins would be appreciated. I would not choose to consume soy so don't care how that tastes.

I know taste is subjective, I am just looking to find a general consensus to make a more educated decision.

Thank you for any input. :)

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
hi

i buy egg white protein powder from a company with a blue and white logo -you mayknow it.My whey is natural whey from a different supplier. I too was getting bloated and after reading a book by Patrick Holford , it seems as though dairy produce might be the culprit.

I still have some milk based products but not as much , i now have some oat milk and rice milk during the day as a part replacement for ordinary milk.

i also take enzymes for digesting lactose and a digestive enzyme without the hcl.

The taste of egg ehites , you get used to , slightly bitter, but i mix it with cherryactive a tablespoon, some oat milk and a small amount of yoghurt, so its not too bad.Something im prepared to live with.

Incidentally did you manage to loose that last bit of fat for your photo shoot a while ago now and how is the erase getting on with you (pm me if you dont want the thread to be sidetracked, thanks

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi Guys, I would like to know some subjective opinions on taste of non dairy protein powders.

Although I can consume whey without too much hassle, it bloats me a little bit and I don't like to tolerate any amount of unncecessary GI upset if I can help it so go for non dairy options.

The website I usually buy from has my regular out of stock and I know a lot of them are considered bad tasting, so I would like some opinions on taste please.

My regular is Brown Rice Protein. Quite gritty and didn't taste nice to begin with but I have got used to it and quite enjoy it when I add some plain cocoa and a little bit of rice milk to sweeten it.

Pea Protein, I bought 1kg of and couldn't finish the first shake. I am usually pretty good at tolerating bad tasting drinks but getting through this was not going to happen unless I wanted to see it fairly shortly afterwards.

Opinions on various egg proteins would be appreciated. I would not choose to consume soy so don't care how that tastes.

I know taste is subjective, I am just looking to find a general consensus to make a more educated decision.

Thank you for any input. :)
Have you ever looked into goats milk/protein? I hear a lot of good feedback on it from people who have issues with whey.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you ever looked into goats milk/protein? I hear a lot of good feedback on it from people who have issues with whey.
doesn't vpx make a goat milk protein?

as to pea protein lg lipo has it in it and it's pretty tasty.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you all for your input.

hi

i buy egg white protein powder from a company with a blue and white logo -you mayknow it.My whey is natural whey from a different supplier. I too was getting bloated and after reading a book by Patrick Holford , it seems as though dairy produce might be the culprit.

I still have some milk based products but not as much , i now have some oat milk and rice milk during the day as a part replacement for ordinary milk.

i also take enzymes for digesting lactose and a digestive enzyme without the hcl.

The taste of egg ehites , you get used to , slightly bitter, but i mix it with cherryactive a tablespoon, some oat milk and a small amount of yoghurt, so its not too bad.Something im prepared to live with.

Incidentally did you manage to loose that last bit of fat for your photo shoot a while ago now and how is the erase getting on with you (pm me if you dont want the thread to be sidetracked, thanks
I know the brand you are talking about. This is who I usually buy BRP from but they are frequently out of stock and their customer service team are not great at getting on the case. It took three emails and two phone calls to get my last shipment and it was still late.

I am interested in your comments on the egg white protein. I used Vitol's before and really didn't get on with it but that might have been the flavouring system. I can't smell it without feeling sick anymore.

If you search for my log on AnaBeta you will see before and after pictures that show my recent condition. I am on Erase at the moment out of my own batch and am waiting for Erase and Titanium to be delivered for a sponsored run. I tapered the start so I can judge Titanium. Expect this log in the next 10 days. :)

I have used it before but haven't revisited it. It was so long ago I can't remember how I got on with it. Thank you for the suggestion.

doesn't vpx make a goat milk protein?

as to pea protein lg lipo has it in it and it's pretty tasty.
LG Lipo Protein also has dairy in it though. For a moment you had me excited! :)

I see these guys ads on here all the time.

I saw they have veggie protein and "Grass Fed" whey. Maybe there whey will work better for you as far as you stomach upset goes with regular whey. They do have samples. I've never tried them but it might be worth a shot for you.
I have tried grass fed whey and it doesn't make enough difference for me to stick with whey unfortunately. There are similar products in the UK to their vegetable mix protein (BRP, pea, hemp blend etc) but the price is very steep for me as I usually have three shakes per day.

Thank you all for your suggestions once again. Help should always be appreciated.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for your input.

I know the brand you are talking about. This is who I usually buy BRP from but they are frequently out of stock and their customer service team are not great at getting on the case. It took three emails and two phone calls to get my last shipment and it was still late.

I am interested in your comments on the egg white protein. I used Vitol's before and really didn't get on with it but that might have been the flavouring system. I can't smell it without feeling sick anymore.

If you search for my log on AnaBeta you will see before and after pictures that show my recent condition. I am on Erase at the moment out of my own batch and am waiting for Erase and Titanium to be delivered for a sponsored run. I tapered the start so I can judge Titanium. Expect this log in the next 10 days. :)

I have used it before but haven't revisited it. It was so long ago I can't remember how I got on with it. Thank you for the suggestion.

LG Lipo Protein also has dairy in it though. For a moment you had me excited! :)

I have tried grass fed whey and it doesn't make enough difference for me to stick with whey unfortunately. There are similar products in the UK to their vegetable mix protein (BRP, pea, hemp blend etc) but the price is very steep for me as I usually have three shakes per day.

Thank you all for your suggestions once again. Help should always be appreciated.
looking forward to the log