The benefits of acetyl carnitine - AnabolicMinds.com

The benefits of acetyl carnitine

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

The benefits of acetyl carnitine

The Sexually Healthy Man: Acetyl L Carnitine

Seems like a no brainer. I'm going to read up some more studies.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine is an amino acid the body uses to turn fat into energy. This amino acid is sometimes referred to as natural Prozac, the emotional boost it gives is definitely noticeable. It can be taken with or without food and is very safe and well
    tolerated.

Acetyl-L-Carnitine and the drug Tamoxifen were compared in a 3 month double blind study on 48 men with Peyronie's disease, in Torino, Italy. Acetyl-L-Carnitine (at a dose of 1g. daily) reduced penile curvature, while Tamoxifen did not. In addition the supplement reduced pain and slowed disease progression. The other benefit of Acetyl-L-Carnitine over Tamoxifen was a lack of side effects.

Doctor's Best Acetyl-L-Carnitine capsules contain 588 mg. ea. and can be taken with or without food. Other known benefits of Acetyl-L-Carnitine are improved cognitive function and increasing nerve growth factor production, which are essential to growth and repair of tissue. Some people have symptoms of overstimulation and insomnia with large doses. Listen to the audio clip for more details on Acetyl-L-Carnitine.

Treatment Doses: I took 1 capsule each, of Serrapeptase, Nattokinase, and Acetyl-L-Carnitine twice daily. I would take them when I first woke up and then I would make my coffee and shower before eating breakfast. I took them again just before going to bed at night, to keep the food in my stomach at a minimum, and maximize the benefits of these enzymes and amino acids.

2. Elite Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Carnitine is amazing.

There are reasons we put forms of Carnitine in Blue Gene, Blue GrowtH and the new version of White Flood. It has many benefits for health and performance.
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

ALCAR really is unbelievable with its health benefits. The list just goes on and on and on
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Yeh, I love taking it. I only initially bought it for fat loss and mental aleartness. Then i started reading about the other benefits. It makes up for the fact it tastes like pure vinegar. I find a few grams in my preworkout makes me up like nothing else. Its a great combination.
  5. Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Yeh, I love taking it. I only initially bought it for fat loss and mental aleartness. Then i started reading about the other benefits. It makes up for the fact it tastes like pure vinegar. I find a few grams in my preworkout makes me up like nothing else. Its a great combination.
    Lol yeah.. It totally tastes like pure vinegar.. When I first bought it , I sniffed the powder as I do with every supplement and DAMN! My nostrils hurt for like 5 minuters.. Did a big ass sniff on it without thinking...lol

Anyways, it is definitely great.. I add about 1 tablespoon to my EAA in the morning.. I haven't tried it with the PWO but I'm gonna try that tomorrow, if I remember! Thanks for the tip!
  6. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

carnitine certaintly is becoming more and more popular these days, looks like for good reason...planning on picking some up...

...also, 'reduced penile curvature' is always an added bonus, is it not??...who's with me?!?!

<crickets chirp>
    dahhm you guys...

~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22

Similar Forum Threads

1. Acetyl-L-carnitine?
    By mdts in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM
  2. L-acetyl-carnitine
    By Norway88 in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 04:20 PM
  3. L-acetyl-carnitine
    By Norway88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2009, 05:17 PM
  4. About to buy some Acetyl L-Carnitine...
    By neverenough26 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
  5. Acetyl-L-carnitine (ALCAR)
    By the Cardinal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-23-2007, 02:33 PM