MAN Prometheus Rising

  1. New Member
    jog344's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    43
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    44%

    MAN Prometheus Rising


    Just for final clarification, this product does not need a pct correct?

  2. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211241
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by jog344 View Post
    Just for final clarification, this product does not need a pct correct?
    Nope.
    I'm Back...
  3. Advanced Member
    Powercage's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    72269
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    93.8%

    May be smart to take some L-Dopa with it for safety's sake

    (This may be overly cautious, but I would rather that when the safety studies are not entirely conclusive)
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986035
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Great point. I have some Prometheus Rising in my stash and plan on using a product with L-Dopa in it during that run.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  5. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,796
    Rep Power
    3135047
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Great point. I have some Prometheus Rising in my stash and plan on using a product with L-Dopa in it during that run.
    I'm not sure I've seen any reviews on it...seem good?

    DAA & Agmatine are solid...just seems you could get those in bulk for less $ that last longer than the benefits of what Coleus Forskohii & R-ALA would provide for the 20 servings the bottle would give...?
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  6. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986035
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Another valid point. I have some SNS Agmatine and SNS DAA that I'll be supplementing the PR with due to PR being 20 days worth.
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  7. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211241
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    I'm not sure I've seen any reviews on it...seem good?

    DAA & Agmatine are solid...just seems you could get those in bulk for less $ that last longer than the benefits of what Coleus Forskohii & R-ALA would provide for the 20 servings the bottle would give...?
    I agree here 100%.
    I would much rather spend the money on SNS DAA and SNS Agmatine. In my opinion this is a much better option for the price and will provide more than 20 servings.
    I'm Back...
  8. Advanced Member
    fightclub2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    3734
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.82%

    no pct but l-dopa wouldnt be a bad idea, like Powercage stated 'for safety's sake'. maybe some gaba too
  9. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986035
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    ^^^Interesting that you say to possibly add some GABA. I have a product sitting next to me on my night stand and it contains both L-Dopa and GABA
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  10. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,796
    Rep Power
    3135047
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    Another valid point. I have some SNS Agmatine and SNS DAA that I'll be supplementing the PR with due to PR being 20 days worth.
    Sounds like a plan stx! Hopefully you aren't as stack happy as I get sometimes...I'd want to also toss in some Erase, AT2 & some HGHpro in there for kicks...whhhhheeeee!
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  11. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986035
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I do have all of those on hand, lol...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  12. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,796
    Rep Power
    3135047
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    ^^^Interesting that you say to possibly add some GABA. I have a product sitting next to me on my night stand and it contains both L-Dopa and GABA
    you know what they say 'GABA if you got em'

    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  13. Elite Member
    stxnas's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Age
    33
    Posts
    9,986
    Rep Power
    986035
    Level
    68
    Lv. Percent
    70.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    I can honestly say that I don't know what you're talking about, lol...
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49
  14. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,796
    Rep Power
    3135047
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    LIAR!!!!
    I KNOW you DVR it!!


    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  15. Board Sponsor
    Clickster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,509
    Rep Power
    211241
    Level
    39
    Lv. Percent
    85.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    LIAR!!!!
    I KNOW you DVR it!!

    Is that weird to DVR it? I thought it was a pretty good sh....nevermind.
    I'm Back...
  16. Advanced Member
    fightclub2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    3734
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    you know what they say 'GABA if you got em'

    lmao my 4 year old daughter does

    L dopa and GABA work synergistically, from what i gather
  17. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,785
    Rep Power
    1063368
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    83.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Powercage View Post
    May be smart to take some L-Dopa with it for safety's sake

    (This may be overly cautious, but I would rather that when the safety studies are not entirely conclusive)
    How would L-DOPA help any safety issues? I assume you're talking about the DAA. Could you please link me to the safety studies too?

    If DAA caused excitotoxicity (which I still don't believe it does), adding L-Dopa could actually increase chances of excitotoxicity. Dopamine acts on D1 and D2 classes of receptors and they do different things. One of those things is potentiating NMDA receptor activation, which would amplify this theorized effect.

    I guess I just find it odd that there is this big scare over DAA, an exogenous agonist, but randomly supplementing with L-DOPA and GABA doesn't have anybody worried when dopamine and GABA are endogenous neurotransmitters held in a natural homeostatic ratio throughout the body. I'm not saying that there are dangers with L-DOPA(the L-DOPA sold as a supplement, not the L-DOPA given to Parkinson's patients) and GABA. In fact I think supplementing both is safe, but if I had to choose which ones to look a lot closer at, it would be those two.
  18. Senior Member
    Aleksandar37's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,785
    Rep Power
    1063368
    Level
    48
    Lv. Percent
    83.02%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fightclub2012 View Post
    L dopa and GABA work synergistically, from what i gather
    It depends what receptors they hit and in what part of the CNS they are working. They could in theory cancel each other out.
  19. Elite Member
    schizm's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,796
    Rep Power
    3135047
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    47.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Clickster View Post
    Is that weird to DVR it? I thought it was a pretty good sh....nevermind.
    Quote Originally Posted by fightclub2012 View Post
    lmao my 4 year old daughter does

    L dopa and GABA work synergistically, from what i gather
    DJ Lance, FTW
    ~SNS~ Serious Nutrition Solutions- Rep
    Cortisol control:ReduceXT/Test Boost:DAA (bulk&caps)/Pump/N.O.:Agmatine(bulk & caps)/Test/sleep support:ZMA **RB** Est Post #22
  20. Advanced Member
    Powercage's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    619
    Rep Power
    72269
    Level
    22
    Lv. Percent
    93.8%

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksandar37 View Post
    How would L-DOPA help any safety issues? I assume you're talking about the DAA. Could you please link me to the safety studies too?

    If DAA caused excitotoxicity (which I still don't believe it does), adding L-Dopa could actually increase chances of excitotoxicity. Dopamine acts on D1 and D2 classes of receptors and they do different things. One of those things is potentiating NMDA receptor activation, which would amplify this theorized effect.

    I guess I just find it odd that there is this big scare over DAA, an exogenous agonist, but randomly supplementing with L-DOPA and GABA doesn't have anybody worried when dopamine and GABA are endogenous neurotransmitters held in a natural homeostatic ratio throughout the body. I'm not saying that there are dangers with L-DOPA(the L-DOPA sold as a supplement, not the L-DOPA given to Parkinson's patients) and GABA. In fact I think supplementing both is safe, but if I had to choose which ones to look a lot closer at, it would be those two.

    It could help prevent possible sides associated with an increased Prolactin level
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Powercage [at] controlledlabs.com
  21. Advanced Member
    fightclub2012's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  192 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Age
    37
    Posts
    702
    Rep Power
    3734
    Level
    21
    Lv. Percent
    13.82%

    Quote Originally Posted by schizm View Post
    DJ Lance, FTW
    lol yeah bro DJ Lance Rock, thats some funny @$$ $h##
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. MAN Prometheus Rising
    By tnubs in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-13-2012, 12:45 AM
  2. still rising to the occasion.
    By bigpapa in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-25-2008, 10:40 AM
  3. Rising protein costs
    By Bwill in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2007, 09:26 PM
  4. Estrogen levels rising?
    By bigred869 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 08:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in