something to help with sleep

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Well, long story short I had somewhat of a schedule change with my job and I don't need to wake up for another 2 hours now. But I've been waking up at 7am for so long that I can't sleep any longer than that no matter how tired I am or when I go to bed.

I mean I've taken the basics, been taking melatonin for years. Nyquil.....man I'm almost scared to go to bed after I take that, I have some WEEEIIIRD dreams after taking nyquil, lol.

I need something to basically put me in a coma for the night until my alarm goes off.

Anyone have any ideas?

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just started scivation Knockout. Def a new staple for me. Helps so much. Feel like a million bucks in the morning

23SammyD

Awards
I've been using melatonin as well, I'm also looking for something to help with sleep as well. In the research I've done nimbus nutrition Poseidon night time, animal pm, Scivation knockout, muscle pharm bullet proof all seem to be pretty popular. I haven't pulled the trigger yet as I'm still looking into each.

Renbolic

Renbolic

Awards
Makeveli

I would recommend having a hot cup of Caffeine free Chamomile tea about 15 minutes before bed time. Works great for me.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Need2sleep by NTBM has helped many with similar problems when melatonin alone doesn't do the trick

www.needtobuildmuscle.com

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I'm a big fan of NTBM's products, but can anyone else vouch for need 2 sleep?

The ingredients list doesn't really look all that impressive, no offense. But obviously it's all about synergy and how well it actually works in the real world, not just on paper.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
N2Sleep is some good stuff and this is coming from an insomniac.

steppinRazor

Awards
i'll 2nd..3rd? on the melatonin. ****s god like. also from what i hear people are gettin awesome rest when on Erase..lookin forward to that here soon

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
ZMA always puts me into a deep, restfull sleep.

I don't know if it will help you sleep longer/keep you asleep, but it's cheap and worth a shot IMO.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm gonna pick up a bottle of need 2 sleep. unfortunately NP is out atm. So which one of you reps can get me a good price at NTBM's store on a few bottles of it? :D

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think I'm gonna pick up a bottle of need 2 sleep. unfortunately NP is out atm. So which one of you reps can get me a good price at NTBM's store on a few bottles of it? :D
Perfect time is now!! You can get 20% off right now with the sale that just started today....the discount code for 20% off is 20%off

But there is also more incentives besides the discount, and you can get all the details right here...http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/175424-what-ridiculous-ntbm.html

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
CL REDuction PM (pills, better than shots).

Serious... coma good sleep!

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
i usually suggest 3mg melatonin + 1g valerian root....

however i just recently picked up some scivation knockout.........awesome stuff.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks man. Ordered 3 bottles to get the slight quantity discount.
Sounds good bro!! Let us know what you think of it...I'm sure you'll be pleased!! :bigok:

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
REDuction PM. Tastes great and works like a charm, plus the added benefit of increased metabolism while you sleep

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the great ideas guys. I picked up some valerian root from walgreens today just to hold me over for a few days until I get my need 2 sleep. I'm gonna give that a go. Like I said, NTBM products have treated me well in the past, I like to stick with what works :)

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ZMA if u want cheap, effective. IGF 2, IMO, gives u the best sleep ever.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
ZMA always put me in a good sleep.
GABA has always done a good job at putting me out also.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The only issue with ZMA is for the portion of people that it causes horrible nightmares

So if you choose to take it and you start having night terrors, I'd recommend dropping it

Atreyubeat

Atreyubeat

Awards
CL REDuction PM (pills, better than shots).

Serious... coma good sleep!
I can second this. It is some good stuff. I love the AM/PM stack when I am cutting. You can't beat it.

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I can second this. It is some good stuff. I love the AM/PM stack when I am cutting. You can't beat it.
Try REDuction AM/PM + Lean Xtreme.

Insanely good cutting stack

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The only issue with ZMA is for the portion of people that it causes horrible nightmares

So if you choose to take it and you start having night terrors, I'd recommend dropping it
Magnesium causes the body to relax more easily leading to deeper sleeps and stronger dreams. I usually get the same reaction with MCC.

Anything that puts your body in a more relaxed/deeper state can cause wild or bad dreams.

Or even VERY good dreams. :hump:

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anything that puts your body in a more relaxed/deeper state can cause wild or bad dreams.
Yes, unfortunately causing chronic nightmares is not the way to better sleep.

I usually mention this side effect to people because it is pretty common. If you are one of the lucky ones that it works well for, then it's a good product

jtterrible

jtterrible

Awards
Sex directly prior to sleep knocks me right out.. If it's good sex.. Just saying.. Get a girl :p .. Dunno if you have the cash to have one though..

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes, unfortunately causing chronic nightmares is not the way to better sleep.

I usually mention this side effect to people because it is pretty common. If you are one of the lucky ones that it works well for, then it's a good product
I understand and even agree with what you are saying. (the 1st part)

I am just not so sure if it as common as you lead on.
"One of the lucky ones.." I would consider the ones who get chronic nightmares on ZMA to be "One of the few unlucky ones..."

The number of people that I know and read that use ZMA as an essential and love it compared to the very few that I have heard have problems is pretty substantial.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sex directly prior to sleep knocks me right out.. If it's good sex.. Just saying.. Get a girl :p .. Dunno if you have the cash to have one though..
That creates the best sleep possible in my opinion. :)

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I understand and even agree with what you are saying. (the 1st part)

I am just not so sure if it as common as you lead on.
"One of the lucky ones.." I would consider the ones who get chronic nightmares on ZMA to be "One of the few unlucky ones..."

The number of people that I know and read that use ZMA as an essential and love it compared to the very few that I have heard have problems is pretty substantial.

I didnt say the majority get nightmares. It is common however. For example I know of a couple people that have posted in this thread alone that experience the same issues and wont touch ZMA (baldwanus for one)

The majority have decent sleep from it, I agree. But those that get nightmares are a significant enough number for it to be brought up (I would definitely not say 'very few').

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
it is common, but i actually just dreamed alot, no nightmares. well technically, u always dream, just if u remember it or not. i guess i jusr remembered my dreams lol

wsaucer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just got Nocturnobol from AMS and its been working really well for me.It doesn't knock you out but it puts you in a relaxed state of mind and its easier to fall asleep.Even without 8 hours of sleep (5-6 usually for me) and I still feel rested on it.

baldwanus

baldwanus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I didnt say the majority get nightmares. It is common however. For example I know of a couple people that have posted in this thread alone that experience the same issues and wont touch ZMA (baldwanus for one)

The majority have decent sleep from it, I agree. But those that get nightmares are a significant enough number for it to be brought up (I would definitely not say 'very few').
dont be talkin about me while im offline :p

i get absolutely insane dreams with ZMA..........im talkin, wake up and think my family's really dead because it happened in my dream

Atreyubeat

Atreyubeat

Awards
Try REDuction AM/PM + Lean Xtreme.

Insanely good cutting stack
Yup, the exact stack I used except I was using Lean FX when it was out. Talk about being dry as hell. Good solid weight loss stack for sure, plus you sleep like a baby!

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
melatonin zma cahmmomile GABA phenibut will all help,

often times the formulas are the best for sleep rather than building your own but to each their own when Im really strapped for cash its ZMA or melatonin
but if i have the cash or its in my pantry :) MusclePharms Bulletproof
BCAA EAA ZMA gaba, mucuna puriens beta alanine, it is the best sleep you will ever get bar none, unless you arent a GABA guy....

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yup, the exact stack I used except I was using Lean FX when it was out. Talk about being dry as hell. Good solid weight loss stack for sure, plus you sleep like a baby!
Yea, for the price and benefits. REDuction PM is hard to beat

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Just curious here, got my N2sleep today. Why the recommendation on the bottle of no longer than 30 days use followed by 60 days off?

I'm guessing it must have something to do with the 5htp, because melatonin and valerian root are pretty safe to use long term as far as I know.

BigJoshStud

BigJoshStud

Awards
Vitamin Shoppe sells this stuff by a company called ROEX called "Lights Out". Stuff is fantastic.

ScienceGuided

Awards
  • Established
if you have not tried some SNS phenibut you are missing out big time. I can say that with all honesty it is some strong stuff for sleep and should only be used 2-3 times a week.

melatonin will only help w your sleep cycle and not falling asleep.Taking it every night will also hinder your bodies own melatonin production after usage is stopped so again just so use that 2-3 days on 2-3 off.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
I have some NP phenibut powder, the "phenibut hangover" thing has me a bit reluctant to try it out.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have some NP phenibut powder, the "phenibut hangover" thing has me a bit reluctant to try it out.
Just try it, but don't take too much. Its only the people the go overboard with the "more is better" mentality that get the phenibut hangover. It will effect you for 12 hours though so plan accordingly. I wouldn't take it every night though. Maybe 2-3 times a week.