Erase and Activate Xtreme water retention

demonico

Awards
Hi guys,
there are 10 days I'm running DS AX (4 pills days empty stomach) and Erase (2 pills days: 1 am & 1 pm) stack. I feel good, my sleep & recovery are better, and it seems that also the strenght is increasing. So what is the problem?...I'm entered in the stack because I wanted to lean out. Actually I reduced my caloric and carbo intake and my new routine is more oriented to fat loss & body recomposition. Neverthless in 10 days I gained 1,2 kg (water I suppose) and so I'm a little bit disappointed. I read that in a few users Erase caused water retention, so I'm thinking to stop at moment Erase and subtitute it with DS Lean Extreme.

Do you think it it the best solution? Other alternatives could be:

- Increase Erase at 3 pills (the last one pre bed) since at moment I've not joints problems
- Stop AX and see what happens assuming only 2/3 pills of Erase

Thanks

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,
there are 10 days I'm running DS AX (4 pills days empty stomach) and Erase (2 pills days: 1 am & 1 pm) stack. I feel good, my sleep & recovery are better, and it seems that also the strenght is increasing. So what is the problem?...I'm entered in the stack because I wanted to lean out. Actually I reduced my caloric and carbo intake and my new routine is more oriented to fat loss & body recomposition. Neverthless in 10 days I gained 1,2 kg (water I suppose) and so I'm a little bit disappointed. I read that in a few users Erase caused water retention, so I'm thinking to stop at moment Erase and subtitute it with DS Lean Extreme.

- Increase Erase at 3 pills (the last one pre bed) since at moment I've not joints problems

Thanks
I was taking Erase at 3 caps a day (last cap pre bed) and didn't notice any water retention. Something like SNS Reduce XT (which I was also taking) might help combat some water retention.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have only read 1 person saying they got water retention...which was probably in their head because a few days later after they increased to 3 caps they said they leaned out significantly.

I dont think AX would cause any water retention either...especially in combination with Erase.

I would do 3 Erase and 4 AX per day, and take them all with food IMO

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
Erase dries me out (in a good way), actually I have to stop dosing at 3caps ED after 3.5 weeks because of dry joints.

What else are you supplementing?

demonico

Awards
I have only read 1 person saying they got water retention...which was probably in their head because a few days later after they increased to 3 caps they said they leaned out significantly.

I dont think AX would cause any water retention either...especially in combination with Erase.

I would do 3 Erase and 4 AX per day, and take them all with food IMO
The "problem" is that I gained weight even if I reduced my caloric (and carbo) intake. Actually I feel bloated only on the lower part of the stomach, on the contrary the upper part and the chest are the same as I've started the stack or maybe they are a little bit leaning out. It is the same effect I have when I eat a lot of carbo in few hours.
Hope it is only a "whoosh" and short phenomenon, even if I should confess I'm fearing I'm aromitising too much neverthless Erase.

For Hawk: my supplementation has not changed: whey, bcaa, Pump bol+ultima if I train in the evening, san launch if I train in the morning, Adam as a multi.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The "problem" is that I gained weight even if I reduced my caloric (and carbo) intake. Actually I feel bloated only on the lower part of the stomach, on the contrary the upper part and the chest are the same as I've started the stack or maybe they are a little bit leaning out. It is the same effect I have when I eat a lot of carbo in few hours.
Hope it is only a "whoosh" and short phenomenon, even if I should confess I'm fearing I'm aromitising too much neverthless Erase.

For Hawk: my supplementation has not changed: whey, bcaa, Pump bol+ultima if I train in the evening, san launch if I train in the morning, Adam as a multi.
i am on trt and erase dries me out.

mmacrazy

mmacrazy

Awards
  • Established
Maybe going off on a limb.
But overall what's your diet and training looking like ? Maybe you cut calories too much ? Possible overtraining ? Cutting calories is good but you don't want to go to extreme because it will backfire bigtime !

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I do know what he is talking about. I have a friend logging it along with me that had the same issue. Although I can see it is a rare one, more than likely due to genetics as I tend to hold water a lot.

It goes away eventually. Just stick to the erase it is a great product and is entirely worth the initial bloat I had. I assume it is our bodies response to the diuretic effect in order to "salvage" its self.

edit: People forget how powerful the bodies ability to maintain homeostasis is.

fightclub2012

fightclub2012

Awards
  • Established
water retention on erase, thats bizzare. go with three a day 2 in am and 1 in the pm.. whats your actual weight before erase and whats it now. 1,2 kg of water? you might have to up your AX to 5 aday, if your over 200lbs you can up your dose, and whats your bf at, so many variables. let us know what your diet is like and water intake etc. (creatine type etc)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi guys,

Thanks
Neither Erase not Activate Xtreme should cause water retention, so it's highly unlikely that it is either of them causing this.

Looking at everything else you've said, I see many issues, primarily that you cut your calories AND carbohydrates, AS WELL as changing your training, AND starting new supplements - far too MANY changes going on here, so too many variables to say what actually caused the water retention, if that is indeed what the extra mass is from. Make ONE change at a time, and for your goal, if you want fat loss, the most IMPORTANT of this is NUTRITION. Although your caloric intake should be targeted at fat loss, there is NO reason for you to drastically reduce your carbohydrate intake, and as long as your nutrition is manipulated for fat loss, you should be fine.

If you are calorie and/or carbohydrate cycling and you took this scale weight measurement on a day AFTER a high calorie/carbohydrate intake day, then it is not a true indicator of your actual body mass, especially since you're likely to hold some food and/or water weight after such a day (although I don't when using Erase).

Make sure you are drinking enough - if not, then your body will hold water. Sodium consumption (as well as carbohydrate intake) also affects water and whether or not there is retention of it.

I recommend that you go back to the START. Deal FIRST with your nutrition, and go from there.

~Rosie~

demonico

Awards
thanks for the answers. Actually this week-end, in 2 nights, I lost 1,5 kg (of water of course), assuming always 2 pills of Erase both in the morning and 4 of AX and all the bloating has gone away.
I generally hold a lot of water (I drink 4-5 litres a day and my sodium intake is normal/low), so I'm always low carb (max 100 gr a day) and do a lot of cardio that of course limit my gain and sometimes my recovery.
The first days on the stack were as I was assuming a lot ot of carbs that always cause my lower stomach to bloat a lot. It was a very srange reaction of my body... Hope that now all is fixed and I can enjoy the stack

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the answers. Actually this week-end, in 2 nights, I lost 1,5 kg (of water of course), assuming always 2 pills of Erase both in the morning and 4 of AX and all the bloating has gone away.
I generally hold a lot of water (I drink 4-5 litres a day and my sodium intake is normal/low), so I'm always low carb (max 100 gr a day) and do a lot of cardio that of course limit my gain and sometimes my recovery.
The first days on the stack were as I was assuming a lot ot of carbs that always cause my lower stomach to bloat a lot. It was a very srange reaction of my body... Hope that now all is fixed and I can enjoy the stack
Drinking 4-5 litres of water a day, with low carbohydrate and sodium intake would NOT cause water retention.

Cardio does not have to limit either gains or recovery, as long as you are eating enough to cover the energy used during, adequate for your goals.

If your lower stomach bloats when you have carbohydrates, consider the type of carbohydrates that you are using and when, as you may be sensitive to some that you consume, and if you are, try to limit your intake of them, using other sources re carbohydrates instead.

Good to see everything is back on track, though.

~Rosie~

oogaly_boogal

oogaly_boogal

Awards
  • Established
Drinking 4-5 litres of water a day, with low carbohydrate and sodium intake would NOT cause water retention.

Cardio does not have to limit either gains or recovery, as long as you are eating enough to cover the energy used during, adequate for your goals.

If your lower stomach bloats when you have carbohydrates, consider the type of carbohydrates that you are using and when, as you may be sensitive to some that you consume, and if you are, try to limit your intake of them, using other sources re carbohydrates instead.

Good to see everything is back on track, though.

~Rosie~
What she said, and possibly try some probiotics, you may just have digestive tract issues. Seriously though, stick with the erase, I usually try to find flaws in supplements simply because I like playing the devils advocate but this stuff is great.