Really disapointed with blue raspberry xtend

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Blue raspberry is usually my Favorite flavor for anything drink related....Really disappointed with blue raspberry xtend. Its bitter and sour, nearly like bulk bcaas. Could i have got a messed up tub? I dont know why it got so many good reviews. Watermelon was 100x better. I will order that again next time.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the Blue Rasp, I'm drinking some right now lol. It does seem to be more sour then the others, but I don't mind. It's been awhile since I have had watermelon I think I'll give that one a shot next time.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm. Odd because the orange is apparently amazing.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
the lemonade or lime flavor is very good.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Blue raspberry is usually my Favorite flavor for anything drink related....Really disappointed with blue raspberry xtend. Its bitter and sour, nearly like bulk bcaas. Could i have got a messed up tub? I dont know why it got so many good reviews. Watermelon was 100x better. I will order that again next time.

I'm drinking the blue raspberry right now. Its really really good. Maybe you just made it too strong. Try putting less powder in.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
The Orange is awesome. You will love it!.
good to read AFTER ordering my first tub of xtend - I guessed and went with Orange (not a blue ras fan or lemon/lime fan either of most supps).. normally Im a fruit punch or grape flavor preference in my supps..

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good to read AFTER ordering my first tub of xtend - I guessed and went with Orange (not a blue ras fan or lemon/lime fan either of most supps).. normally Im a fruit punch or grape flavor preference in my supps..
Grape is pretty tasty too. I've tried all the flavors except for the Green Apple. Scivation is a real quality company with quality products.

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I've been using the BR for the past 2 months and I like the flavor!

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
I'm drinking the blue raspberry right now. Its really really good. Maybe you just made it too strong. Try putting less powder in.
Doesnt matter how much is in there. to me its not really blue rasberry. Its just ...sour and bitter. Watermelon was delicious.

Try the lemon and red raspberry flavors for only 39.99 for 125 servings

red raspberry taste good. have not tried the lemon

http://anabolicminds.com/store/1004055.html
That hadn't dropped when i ordered this. I'll give it a go next time. Really though its only 60ish servings. Instructions say 1 scoop is a serving yet to have 2 scoops. At my weight 3.
xtend is 90 servings of 2 scoops. It might be more beneficial for me to get the xtend

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just got done with a tub of the grape, and it was great! Just started a tub of the apple and its really good too. My next order is going to be watermelon and blue raspberry :yumyum:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesnt matter how much is in there. to me its not really blue rasberry. Its just ...sour and bitter. Watermelon was delicious.

That hadn't dropped when i ordered this. I'll give it a go next time. Really though its only 60ish servings. Instructions say 1 scoop is a serving yet to have 2 scoops. At my weight 3.
xtend is 90 servings of 2 scoops. It might be more beneficial for me to get the xtend
No its 125 servings scoops

one scoop equals 6 grams bcaa's 4:1:1 ratio

At my weight I take 3 scoops a day on average right now and it works great for myself. Really if you eat while 3-4 whole food meals and supplement with one maybe two shakes, recoverpro can last you a pretty decent time.

TSV

Awards
I thought Blue Raz Xtend was great when I tried it a while ago.

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Never tried Blue Raspberry, but I've had lots of the other flavors that are all quite good. Watermellon is hands-down my favorite though!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah the Red Raspberry Recoverpro is amazing and 4:1:1 is the way to go...

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAMN, I love blue rasp. Drank it the past 16 weeks in contest prep and still drinking it intra and post workout! The sour is the part I like.

Mike

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
DAMN, I love blue rasp. Drank it the past 16 weeks in contest prep and still drinking it intra and post workout! The sour is the part I like.

Mike
Same here! I love sour stuff, maybe I ate to many sour warheads when I was younger lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here! I love sour stuff, maybe I ate to many sour warheads when I was younger lol
LMAO no joke, every time I go to walmart, I always buy this sour warhead spray candy :p. It's like 99 cents, bottle lasts me a good while!!!

Mike

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
The taste is actualy getting better. I decided id shake the container up for a minute or so. Its still a little sour but not as bad or as bitter as it was at first.

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
Just get a tub of bulk unflavored bcaas on the cheap. Mix with your favorite xtend and you are good to go. You may enjoy other flavoring agents like crystal light or if you want something natural, try vitaberry.

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just get a tub of bulk unflavored bcaas on the cheap. Mix with your favorite xtend and you are good to go. You may enjoy other flavoring agents like crystal light or if you want something natural, try vitaberry.
That's definetely the cheapest route. You can't beat bulk with crystal light for price...

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have any of you mixed a bulk BCAA with Crystal Light in a tub, i.e. put 10 or so packs of Crystal Light in a kilo of BCAA and shook it up? Anyone know the proper ratio to get something that tastes good?

Also, if I'm at it, anything else I should add in bulk, like Glutamine?

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
power shock or map for me.....nothing helps with bulk bcaa

Milas

Milas

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No one makes their own bulk BCAA? I see LOTS of people say they do, but I guess they don't do it in bulk? Odd, I'd think it'd save time.

Only time I've used bulk BCAA is adding it to pre-wo drinks. Maybe I'll have to experiment...

RickRock13

RickRock13

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No one makes their own bulk BCAA? I see LOTS of people say they do, but I guess they don't do it in bulk? Odd, I'd think it'd save time.

Only time I've used bulk BCAA is adding it to pre-wo drinks. Maybe I'll have to experiment...
If you do that and have any type of success with it let me know what you did. Always looking to save a buck...

Powercage

Powercage

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Powershock is pretty tasty :)