Home made pre workout.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Hello all,

So I've decided that maybe I'd try and make my own preworkout formula. I've decided to include the following substances.

Modern BCAA USP Lab 428 grams
-L-Alanyl L-Glutamine
(70 doses)
(one serving: 6g)

EAA 500g
(50 servings)
(1 serving = 5g)

Cittruline Mallate 250g
(50 servings)
(1 serving = 5g)

Acetyl L-Carnitine 200g x 2
(52 servings)
(1 serving = 7g)

Taurine 200g
(50 servings)
(1 serving = 4g)

Caffeine:
1g
=50 servings.

Each 27g serving contains:
L-Leucine 1000 mg
L-Isoleucine 500 mg
L-Valine 500 mg
L-Lysine 750 mg
L-Methionine 150 mg
L-Phenylalanine 375 mg
L-Threonine 750 mg
L-Histidine 500 mg
Cittruline Mallate 5g
Acetyl L-Carnitine 7g
Taurine 4g
Caffeine 200mg

Is this crazy enough to be worth doing? Or should I save my time/money?

I realise 27 grams is a big scoop for a pre workout, but that's about the only fault I can find. I'm not an expert. Opinions welcome.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you are missing a fault there, the horrible horrible taste of that much ALCAR

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Hahah, is it so bad? If that's the only fault then it's better than I thought it would be...

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, its not bad, you could scrap the alcar and use creatine mono instead to at least get some creatine in

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I knew I'd forgotten something, thanks for the tip!

Torobestia

Torobestia

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, I would add in the Creatine as per Easy's suggestion as well as Beta Alanine. I feel any preworkout without Beta-Alanine is an instant failure (no offense =p). And no, 27g is not "too huge" or anything. It's whatever you need.

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Honestly, I would add in the Creatine as per Easy's suggestion as well as Beta Alanine. I feel any preworkout without Beta-Alanine is an instant failure (no offense =p). And no, 27g is not "too huge" or anything. It's whatever you need.
None taken! The criticism is appreciated. I'll definitely include it. :)

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Add creatine and ba. Lower the free form Aminos or switch to gear as your source of di and tri peptides and leucine.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My pre-wo is caffiene, alcar...maybe some tyrosine and vit c
I use aminos/creatine intra and take beta-alanine at other times of the day.
this looks fine

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Add creatine and ba. Lower the free form Aminos or switch to gear as your source of di and tri peptides and leucine.
Roger that. Thanks man. I'm quite glad you said to lower the FFAA because those are the most expensive component to buy in bulk.

My pre-wo is caffiene, alcar...maybe some tyrosine and vit c
I use aminos/creatine intra and take beta-alanine at other times of the day.
this looks fine
I guess you're getting the exact same things as are listed in this formula from your supplements anyway. Thanks for the insight. I guess you don't care about the awful taste that Easy was talking about. Haha
Personally I've only ever taken carnitine tablets so I wouldn't know.

Good mix, look into Anabolic ignite by Muscle Feast I mix DAA in mine and soon will add LCLT. :)
I'll check it out and draw inspiration from that, thanks for the positive feedback. :)

-------------------------

Looks like we're all on similiar wavelengths here, glad to see I did a reasonable job of picking out ingredients.
I'm going to research where the cheapest ingredients can be found, then I'll order them when my current pwo supplement runs out. I'll post the final formula with a comparison in cost to other products. Then I'll review the finished mixture. Who knows, maybe you guys will want to try it out for yourselves.
Thanks for all the opinions!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Solid blend. I would add Creatine and Glycerol monostearate.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I dont think Alcar tastes bad, i like it. I only take 2-3g in a sitting though, not 7

jacobcoile

Awards
I dont think Alcar tastes bad, i like it. I only take 2-3g in a sitting though, not 7
Agreed. ALCAR has a sour/tart taste to me that mixes well if going citrus/lemon flavor wise... Hell I even kind of like the flavor straight and washed down with plain water...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you check out my video you can see exactly what I am taking now. I will upload the video today.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i wouldnt take any of dj's advice, no offense dude but u take a crap ton of supps and never grow an inch or change from year to year really, unless on cycle.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I would swap the USP BCAA for Scivation Xtend which has the 3 amino's, glutamine, Cittruline in it & its flavored. Than add your creatine+beta alanine to it and your good.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 7
Cheeky Monkey Supplements 2
Supplements 35
CorpKiller Supplements 6
00A Supplements 30